• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Son Sebbe, I did what you told me to, but now he isn't talking at all. So did I do some hex'ing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I cannot express how useful this is to people learning how to script. You're awesomesauce. :D

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
How do you get it to work on advancemap?
You can't. Which is one of the reasons why you shouldn't use pokescript. What's the point of associating it with Advance map anyways?

It's not like it can decompile the script anyways...use XSE. It has a movement planner coming!

Years
You can't. Which is one of the reasons why you shouldn't use pokescript. What's the point of associating it with Advance map anyways?

It's not like it can decompile the script anyways...use XSE. It has a movement planner coming!

Dude, would you stop your advertising for XSE?
I seen you did it in you own tutorial, (of XSE) but now to start advertise in a pokescript guide is to far, I understand your point, but I think the thing you are doing is advertising...

In the end I can tell you that I use XSE, but really... You are way over the top in my eyes...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Dude, would you stop your advertising for XSE?
I seen you did it in you own tutorial, (of XSE) but now to start advertise in a pokescript guide is to far, I understand your point, but I think the thing you are doing is advertising...

In the end I can tell you that I use XSE, but really... You are way over the top in my eyes...
Yeah, ok.
It's just that I haven't realized how I was speaking, until you told me.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Cooley, XSE is pretty much similiar to Pokescript except they have everything you need and has a built in tutorial. xD.

XSE needs more tutorials, but I'm sticking with pokescript.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hey when using the Setmaptile command how do you get the map to reset, i used the special 0x8E, i think that is just for FR, i need this for a script in Emerald. Is the "special" value for reset different for emerald, and if so what is it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
How do you get it to work on advancemap?
This is step by step. (May make me look stupid for underestimating the human mind)
1. Open AdvanceMap
2. Load your ROM (the one that has the script compiled)
3. Make a Person/Script Event
4. Get the script offset and place it where it says 'Offset'.

Don't know where to get the offset?
1. Write the Script in NOTEPAD!
2. Save the script as the All Files type, OR IT WILL BE CALLED example.rbc.txt instead of example.rbc .
3. Write Whatever you want as the save name and add .rbc next to it.
4. Open Pokescript.
5. Open this file with Pokescript.
6. It should open Buf Rite. Choose 'Destination' from the file menu. Then choose the rom you want to compile it to.
7. Go to the menu and press a button that, when you hover over it, it says, 'Assign'.
8. Choose FF if you want new space. Or OO if you want to delete existing space.
9. Choose the first number/letter code and select 'Assign'.
10. Then Copy down the FIRST Number/Letter Code that appears and put that as the script offset. If that doesn't work, please tell me.

Last edited:

Aspinth

Assspinth? Aspinth? Aspinth!
Years
Cooley, XSE is pretty much similiar to Pokescript except they have everything you need and has a built in tutorial. xD.

XSE needs more tutorials, but I'm sticking with pokescript.
Hey, well it's your decision. When you wonder why your scripts aren't working, and you can't decompile it to find the problem. You'll know it's pokescript...

Look, not to be off-topic here, but Irish-Witch didn't fully understand scripting before she made the program. It's not my decision though, it's yours. So, I don't care what you use, as long as you have fun scripting and create a good hack! ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
where do i get the script editor tool. i want to do a really good hack and of fire red and if anyone wants to join please tell me.i have started only a little.thxxx please tell me. also i cant make pokemart and a_text work. i have tried downloading the missing files and they still dont work.

please i need help. ^_^ really i need alot of help because i want to make a really good hack.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I can't hide sprites forever. After I leave there, it appears again.

Years
If I sound angry at anyone, I don't mean it, I'm just tired. So sorry if I happen to sound angry...
where do i get the script editor tool. i want to do a really good hack and of fire red and if anyone wants to join please tell me.i have started only a little.thxxx please tell me. also i cant make pokemart and a_text work. i have tried downloading the missing files and they still dont work.

please i need help. ^_^ really i need alot of help because i want to make a really good hack.
I'm getting so sick of saying this to new people who come to PC.
Google. Google. Google. Google.
Tools Sections at PC.
XSE
score_under's tool.
Don't just ask straight away, search first.
Also don't post things where they are irrelevant. This thread has nothing to do with Pokemart and A-text.

Hey when using the Setmaptile command how do you get the map to reset, i used the special 0x8E, i think that is just for FR, i need this for a script in Emerald. Is the "special" value for reset different for emerald, and if so what is it?
I usually just rely on hacking FR/LG, you could try and find it yourself through trial and error. That's about all the information I can give.
Hey, well it's your decision. When you wonder why your scripts aren't working, and you can't decompile it to find the problem. You'll know it's pokescript...

Look, not to be off-topic here, but Irish-Witch didn't fully understand scripting before she made the program. It's not my decision though, it's yours. So, I don't care what you use, as long as you have fun scripting and create a good hack! ;)
Considering you're new here and that was your first post, it seems like you're just jumping on the bandwagon of XSE. So it seems like you'd would never even have tried to use Pokescript, and are just repeating what other people have said. But then again, I could be wrong about that.
Honestly my opinion on this is that people can't just treat people's work like it's crap. Fair-enough, use XSE, but that doesn't give you reason to start talking about other people's programs as if they were the most useless thing on the planet, and, "how did we ever survive using this crappy tool?" I know no-one has said that exactly, but it seems like it's being implied every time someone talks about XSE and Pokescript in the same sentence.
So I don't care if you use XSE, but just stop all the talking about Pokescript as if it is 'crap'.
So at least from now on, keep XSE talk out of this pokescript tutorial. Okay?
This isn't totally directed at you, Aspinth, it's just what I've seen from this community as a whole, since the release of XSE, have just badmouthed pokescript to the point that all new hackers think it's a useless program that doesn't even work, and I'm just getting sick of it.

I can't hide sprites forever. After I leave there, it appears again.
Look back at the section on the Wildbattle. I think I covered keeping the sprite hidden.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x172632
#org @start
checkflag 0x100C
if 0x1 goto @dontshowsprite
applymovement 0xD @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xD 
setflag 0x100C
release
end

#org @dontshowsprite
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x04 0xFE
end

And sprite hidden. but when I return, it appears again. :(

Years
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x172632
#org @start
checkflag 0x100C
applymovement 0xD @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xD 
setflag 0x100C
release
end

#org @dontshowsprite
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x04 0xFE
end

That's because Jason is mad... He's never tired since he can sleep at much as he want, there he lives it's night at day... So...

But you can set a flag an then set the person or people (Don't remember what's it called) in advance map to the flag, when the flag then is setted the person is gone, and when not he's there...

Aspinth

Assspinth? Aspinth? Aspinth!
Years
If I sound angry at anyone, I don't mean it, I'm just tired. So sorry if I happen to sound angry...

I'm getting so sick of saying this to new people who come to PC.
Google. Google. Google. Google.
Tools Sections at PC.
XSE
score_under's tool.
Don't just ask straight away, search first.
Also don't post things where they are irrelevant. This thread has nothing to do with Pokemart and A-text.

I usually just rely on hacking FR/LG, you could try and find it yourself through trial and error. That's about all the information I can give.

Considering you're new here and that was your first post, it seems like you're just jumping on the bandwagon of XSE. So it seems like you'd would never even have tried to use Pokescript, and are just repeating what other people have said. But then again, I could be wrong about that.
Honestly my opinion on this is that people can't just treat people's work like it's crap. Fair-enough, use XSE, but that doesn't give you reason to start talking about other people's programs as if they were the most useless thing on the planet, and, "how did we ever survive using this crappy tool?" I know no-one has said that exactly, but it seems like it's being implied every time someone talks about XSE and Pokescript in the same sentence.
So I don't care if you use XSE, but just stop all the talking about Pokescript as if it is 'crap'.
So at least from now on, keep XSE talk out of this pokescript tutorial. Okay?
This isn't totally directed at you, Aspinth, it's just what I've seen from this community as a whole, since the release of XSE, have just badmouthed pokescript to the point that all new hackers think it's a useless program that doesn't even work, and I'm just getting sick of it.

Look back at the section on the Wildbattle. I think I covered keeping the sprite hidden.
Sorry for all the trouble, but I've been using pokescript since it came out.
Well I did like pokescript, but I don't stick with one tool, when there is a better tool out there.

It's like using advance map 1.30 when there is 1.92. Anyways, you've made your point. Your Thread, your rules. Sorry to be a bother, nice tutorial by the way! You should update all the #raw commands with the new pokescript commands you've made!

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
images

the images in the spoilers aren't working for me anymore. they were up yesterday, but now there is nothing to indicate they were there at all, except you referring to them.

I can't find them on google images either. help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2008
-sigh- too.. complicated.. can anyone tell me whats wrong with this one? o.O(i know i kinda took whole thing in the tutorial)

#org $lugia
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
message $1
boxset 6
cry 0xA1 249
nop
nop
wildpokemon 249 70 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =GYAOOOO!!!!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
-sigh- too.. complicated.. can anyone tell me whats wrong with this one? o.O(i know i kinda took whole thing in the tutorial)

#org $lugia
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
message $1
boxset 6
cry 0xA1 249
nop
nop
wildpokemon 249 70 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =GYAOOOO!!!!

Code:
#org $lugia
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
[COLOR="Blue"]if b_true goto $done[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]cry 0xA1 249
pause 0x38[/COLOR]
message $1
boxset 6
wildpokemon 249 70 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]#org $done
release
end[/COLOR]

Years
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x172632
#org @start
checkflag 0x100C
applymovement 0xD @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xD 
setflag 0x100C
release
end

#org @dontshowsprite
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x04 0xFE
First of all, why ask this here? Use the script help thread. I fixed one little problem, and doesn't people id sound familiar.

Sorry for all the trouble, but I've been using pokescript since it came out.
Well I did like pokescript, but I don't stick with one tool, when there is a better tool out there.

It's like using advance map 1.30 when there is 1.92. Anyways, you've made your point. Your Thread, your rules. Sorry to be a bother, nice tutorial by the way! You should update all the #raw commands with the new pokescript commands you've made!
Wow, I'd love to argue with you right now, about what you've just said there, but I'll just leave it. There's no point in arguing.
the images in the spoilers aren't working for me anymore. they were up yesterday, but now there is nothing to indicate they were there at all, except you referring to them.
I can't find them on google images either. help?
I just looked at them all and they were fine. Maybe it's your computer? That happens to me as well sometimes.

Back