• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
  • Here's a huge one...
    -I want the GS Ball to be given out sometime during the storyline.
    -I want Suicune/Raikou to actually have good IV's and a variable nature when you find them (not trash like they were in FRLG).

IVs are randomly determined?...

What'd be cool -
    Nix Kanto, bring in Orange Islands via Olivine Port!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Ahaha the Orange's Island, I wish. That would be a fun experience if that would be in the game, but it's veryyy doubtful.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • @Aseril - For how long were GS remakes doubtful? Oh. That's what I thought. XD

It's be a nice break from seeing Kanto over and over again.
    A nice warm feeling, tropical chain of islands.

They had Sevii, why not OI?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • IVs are randomly determined?...

What'd be cool -
    Actually, in FR/LG, the Johto beast you could get had bad IVs always (most being around the 0-5 range). Hence that comment.

And Orange Islands are very unlikely. An anime-only thing; Game Freak had nothing to do with it for starters. And tbh, it just wouldn't be the same to kill off kanto just like that for a bunch of islands... It is a remake after all. And where would the Pokemon league go?

Actually... if we get pictures of Goldenrod, and the Magnet Train rails, methinks that could point towards Kanto appearing again. I'd be surprised if they don't though.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yeah, having the OI would be a nice, newish addition to the games. And the potential of even adding some great "exotic" pokemon in that area, it'd be awesome.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I'm just so tired of Kanto by now. ;_;.

Getting off the subject of Kanto.

How much cool do you think the Whirl Islands and Tin Tower will be.
    AGH! The graphics will be amazing!

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • -I would like the VS Seeker in HGSS.
    -Elite Four upgrades after you beat them the first time. I remember how tedious it was training my Pokemon to lv100 in GSC, because the E4 was so underlevelled.

VS. Seeker? Isn't that what the PokeGear cellphone is for?

I believe the balls will still be there, and will be converted to Pokeballs upon transfer to D/P/PL like they are when caught in PalPark.

seriously doubt it. Net/DiveBall = Lure Ball. Scratch Heavy. FastBall = Quick. Moon Ball = Dusk. All the other balls are either scratched or replaced.

APRICORNS ROCK, D00D.

Whirlpool blows and was annoying, but I feel it's the only way for Lugia to make it's grand appearance.

It was annoying, but compared to Defog or Flash, whirlpool was amazing. I just loved whirlpool + I would LOVE to see 3D whirlpool.
    maybe the return of Dive? Best HMs = Dive and Whirlpool. R.I.P.F.

If Red Gyarados isn't there, I will bawl my eyes out.

word2urmother.

No Kanto, please. I've had enough.

shutup pls. the NEW kanto is way better. Remember battling Cal? The only way to decently level up your pokemon? and the gym leaders?
    I've never seen Kanto in 3D. I'm all for it.

Dratini ♥

That's nice and all, but does that fact that the dratini has special moves bother you? I think Extremespeed Dragonite will be very cheap.

Dizzy... punch... egg?

The egg you get from the daycare couple before Goldenrod. It was 50% chance of being shiny (which could also screw up the shiny market) and also had Dizzy Punch (cheap, like ExtremeSpeed dratini)

HAIRCUTS!

The Read Gyarados will almost definatley be there, because they made references to it.

Right, I forgot about D/P and the opening show. Red Gyarados lake or whatever.
    Just because they made references, doesn't mean it's 100%.

PokeGear, I love that thing. Especially the radio, it was cool using it to wake up Snorlax. (:

'twas fun.

Kanto should only be in it if it has a bigger role then beat-all-gyms-hurray.

Kanto had a big chunk of the nostalgia, imo. it added to the major surprise that a whole new region awaited us after exploring Johto!
    Also, I think Kanto will be a necessity since, once again, the DSi has limited our GBA connection. If it were no Kanto, the pokemon we'd have in Platinum are Sinnoh and Johto. What about Hoenn? I think Kanto will get a pokemon revamp..

I hope they don't switch what the Apricorns make, please. Just add more Apricorn colors or something, just keep the Apricorns, and the special Pokéballs they make. It wouldn't be Johto without Lure Balls. ^^;

Originally Posted by Game Freak Inc.
    OBJECTION!

Game Freak is willing to disprove your theory that Johto would lose
    character if Lure Ball is taken out.. They'll toss you a Net Ball and get
    on with the production. [/endprotest]

What'd be cool -

My mom that'd be cool!
    Though the Olivine port could link to Hoenn
    and allow us to capture Hoenn pokemon
    since all we have for Platinum is Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh.

Kanto is staying or the second region is gone compeltely.
    Either Kanto stays or it all ends, I bet.

EDIT: To answer your question of why Sevii and not Orange Islands..
    1) OI was mainly for the Anime since Ash was too coward to face the
    Elite Four!!
    2) OI was mainly an Elite-Four Replacement. I don't see the point of them
    unless they eradicate the tradition of the Elite Four + Champion..

Another thing I wanted to add.. dammit I forgot!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    @ò_ó: True but the Orange Island is like an what I thought was just a(n) (animé) filler as they thought of more ideas.

It would but you have to remember the roots from which you started.

I thought the Seviis were pointless, OI is like the Battle Zone on islands basically.

@Penumbra: Yeah and big chunk of land with basically nothing left of it. Most of the "cool" area was destroyed, or locked. You really didn't have much of a plot in Kanto. It was get-eight-badges-fight-fight-fight.

Kanto just needs to have a bigger plot or I think it's just a waste of space. :[

And screw Net Balls, Lure Balls look wayyy cooler. Plus it's more original after all it is a remake.

Last edited:

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • It'd be cool if they could put Kanto and the Orange Islands in the remake. That would be so awesome, I can't wait for this game. D:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Starters following you around. And look. at. the graphics. New winds. and windmills and such! I am amazed and oh my look at those sprites. DPPt? Oh gee I forgot them...

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • It was obvious that they would be DPPL's sprites.
    Same console games tend to share that.
    RBY & GSC, FRLG & RSE had the mainly the same sprites!

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • The Underground seems to be making its grand return....

A G/S Remake?

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    It's the same as Gen 2. You were able to catch a wild Pidgey at the start,
    what makes you say Bidoof will be blocked out? It's so obvious that Bidoof
    is arriving to replace that annoying ratatatatatatatataaaaaaaaattttta
    i HATE both of those pokemon, but i take bidoof iver ratata any day- also- OMGOMGOMGOMG- I Love The Screen Shots So Far!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!
    https://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=15828
    that is official footage (the real footage begins around 4:20, it is most the show that this is i guess)

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • @ò_ó: True but the Orange Island is like an what I thought was just a(n) (animé) filler as they thought of more ideas.

It would but you have to remember the roots from which you started.

I thought the Seviis were pointless, OI is like the Battle Zone on islands basically.

I'm sorry, what colour are the trees in your world, again?
    Sevii islands had great purposes. To train. To expand on
    the rocket story. To add more to the game!

@Penumbra: Yeah and big chunk of land with basically nothing left of it. Most of the "cool" area was destroyed, or locked. You really didn't have much of a plot in Kanto. It was get-eight-badges-fight-fight-fight.

Fight fight fight? You had to chase a team rocket member, invade Misty's date at Cape Brink, find a machine part underwater in a gym, and deliver the part to a power plant. Is that not enough plot for you!?! That wasn't even a sliver of the importance of Kanto. Please don't under appreciate things that won't always be there.

Kanto just needs to have a bigger plot or I think it's just a waste of space. :[

You need to expand on your ideal "bigger plot" or else your post is a waste of space.

And screw Net Balls, Lure Balls look wayyy cooler. Plus it's more original after all it is a remake.

It won't happen. Deal with it.

Credits to Blaze Emotion for this:

Its a video where you can actually hear the music!!
    It's drop-dead nostalgic, with a cut above from Platinum.
    I do prefer the bleeps and bloops, still, but this is very
    well done to fit snugly into the 4th gen area.

also..

who does their hair? O_O

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • You know what I'm sure will happen -

After achieving the National Dex, the Bug Contest will have Gen 3/4 bugs in it.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • And GameFreak has no excuse to use ugly generic buildings now that we're in the fourth generation (though the third generation works the same way too). I wanna see the Viridian Trainer Hall. And a radio tower in Lavender that doesn't look like every other building.

Important buildings are usually done fancily.
    I'm sure if Kanto comes back, it will be wonderful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back