• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
rombase: firered
comments: the house that looks like it is two houses put together is actually a boat factory. there will be a boat on the clear pach of land behind it.
credits: thanks for the wonderful tiles alister!
map:
Spoiler:

I Guess I Like The Over All Idea Of It, But Something About It Throws Me Off- I Guess It's The Pallets- I Don't Really Like How The Houses Are Soft And Hard To See, While The Mart And The Center Are Flaunting Their Bright Colors
Score- 6/10

0d'

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Map Name: Amroth Region
Map Game: BPRE
Comments: Take it easy, it's my first world map.
Map Shot:
rwl0dx.png

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Map Name: Doesn't really have a name. Just some island I decided to make for fun.

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: It's been like forever since I decided to make a map lol... I'm overall pretty happy with it... It changed so much from what I originally intended it to to look like, but I sitll like it. I don't see too many people making water routes. It's basically just made like Nintendo would because it's easy to do lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Map Name: Doesn't really have a name. Just some island I decided to make for fun.

Comments: It's been like forever since I decided to make a map lol... I'm overall pretty happy with it... It changed so much from what I originally intended it to to look like, but I sitll like it. I don't see too many people making water routes. It's basically just made like Nintendo would because it's easy to do lol.
Very nice, very nice indeed~ Well, to start off, the map has a very great shape to it, and its simplicity is wonderful! The shape of the path in the water is perfect, in my honest opinion. There are just a few errors. For one, I see three trees that have a tiny error, easily fixable in the Block Editor. Second, everything outside of the path and around the island is very empty. Just add some deep-water shadows and a few more rocks around the outside, and it'll look great~ 8/10

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Map Name: The same one that I just posted that didn't have a name before and still doesn't have a name.

Comments: I was already in the process of updating it (mainly because I noticed that I forgot to add flowers lol.) After reading the review that I got, I added in a ton of stuff outside of the path... Probably way too much lol. So basically I want to know if I ruined it by doing that, on top of a regular rating. A lot of it isn't visible to the player in game, but I put it in anyway to make it pretty for the raters lol.

BTW, I don't think it's possible to fix those 3 trees. I tried before I posted it, and the tree blocks are already on top of grass, so there's no way to add the cliff. The tile was already like that anyway, so I didn't really think it was a tile error.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Map Name: The same one that I just posted that didn't have a name before and still doesn't have a name.

Comments: I was already in the process of updating it (mainly because I noticed that I forgot to add flowers lol.) After reading the review that I got, I added in a ton of stuff outside of the path... Probably way too much lol. So basically I want to know if I ruined it by doing that, on top of a regular rating. A lot of it isn't visible to the player in game, but I put it in anyway to make it pretty for the raters lol.

BTW, I don't think it's possible to fix those 3 trees. I tried before I posted it, and the tree blocks are already on top of grass, so there's no way to add the cliff. The tile was already like that anyway, so I didn't really think it was a tile error.
9/10 some block erros also try adding custume tiles

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
Map

Map Name: Oran Town

Origial Map: Pallet Town

Original Game: FireRed

Comment: My very first Map.
That glitch with the Bridge.. Well.. Sorry for that.
I'm going try to fix it in the future.. If it is possible.
Oh, and please do not rate on the Tiles.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Map Name: Route 13

Map Base: Pokémon FireRed (BPRE)

Map Comments: The bridge that I used, is the one I'm going to use. Don't rate the map differently because I didn't use the proper one. Sometimes you run out of blocks to use ;)

Map Shot:
Spoiler:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
Map Name: Route 13

Map Base: Pokémon FireRed (BPRE)

Map Comments: The bridge that I used, is the one I'm going to use. Don't rate the map differently because I didn't use the proper one. Sometimes you run out of blocks to use ;)

Map Shot:
Spoiler:
Well, the first thing I noticed about this map is that there are no small rocks on the mountains. You have the 2x2 rocks placed on the northern mountain slopes but none on the southern mountain. However, the mountain shape itself is great. I have no problems with it. The way you placed the flowers is not really in my taste but at least they are in bunches and that's what counts in my book. Although I would recommend not placing flowers in tall grass. I just don't think it looks very good. I noticed you edited the grass tile to contain the waters edge tile. I know you probably ran out room to make the proper tiles go there so I'll let you slide. ^_^ It's hard to explain, but you used the wrong water tile in spots. They should be the ones that start to curve in the direction they're going (Does that even make sense? Sorry. I can't really explain it that well. x_x). I think for the ledge you should remove part of the fence so the player has two options to jump down instead of a one tile wide path. The grass placement looks pretty good except for a few patches of 2x2 squares of it. I don't like those very much. And finally the small trees at the bottom look really awkward. I know you were trying to prevent border errors but the best option in this situation is to just extend the map down two more tiles and add another row of large trees. Overall, a pretty well designed map. I would enjoy playing through this map. ^_^

7.5/10

Last edited:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
Map Name: Oran Town

Origial Map: Pallet Town

Original Game: FireRed

Comment: My very first Map.
That glitch with the Bridge.. Well.. Sorry for that.
I'm going try to fix it in the future.. If it is possible.
Oh, and please do not rate on the Tiles.

Spoiler:

well, for starters, the mountain up near the top- i circled all the things that look wrong with it
1- it shouldn't just cut off like that- no mountain does that
2- that area is unnatural
3- map error, and, why does it only have that grass there?
Overall Map-4.5

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Name of map: Lake of rage
Game: Fire red (original tiles)
Comments: lol, i know its not the best of maps u see, thats why help me with it. what all can i improve!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Name of map: Lake of rage
Game: Fire red (original tiles)
Comments: lol, i know its not the best of maps u see, thats why help me with it. what all can i improve!
3/10 very blocky not that much resemblance to the real lake of rage also quite empty and block trees and straight lines

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Don't discuss that stuff here... (wow, thanx Alice.!)

♠ΛςΣ ρπΔητΦΩ♠:s map:

It's actually a good map... It's well done and simple yet ... Kinda beautiful.
The tree are a bit square, yes, but that's like the only thing.

I'm lazy, so I'll just say that's enough and give you a 8/10.

Happy hacking!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Map name : haven't thought of one.
rombase: ruby
comments:I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Map name : haven't thought of one.
rombase: ruby
comments:I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
albieq.png
i like it a lot but there are blocky trees 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back