• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    So who here wants to see what I worked on today?

Spoiler:

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Yoohoo everyone. I havn't posted much on this thread in a few days.

& The Scientist - 0_0

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Urgh to much for me to handle xD Something I'd probably understand better when I'm older.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    With all that you've seen me do here, is it really a surprise that I work in a laboratory?

The screencap is related to my thesis project on gene therapy.

Gene therapy sounds very interesting :D
    Is that what you study or is it your profession?

Years
    He blinded me with science!

Take your pic on which rendition of the song you think I'm quoting (there's one from the 80s and one from about 2000, with different singers - 80s has a male vocalist and the 2000 version has a female vocalist).

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Gene therapy sounds very interesting :D
    Is that what you study or is it your profession?

I work as an intern in a laboratory specializing in microbiological research. My thesis project is on gene therapy's possible application in the field of criminal rehabilitation (which is why I was studying psychopathology). You see, some degree of antisocial behavior is genetic, so changing the troublesome genes may help with rehabilitation...

Anyway, the answer to your question is "both", because I do get paid. The screencap is of me locating various genes in a muscle tissue sample.

And yes, gene therapy is very interesting. It's about time we got those accursed viruses working for us instead of against us.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Ok I have no idea what you're talking about.

Who likes Beyoncé?

Who doesn't XD

I work as an intern in a laboratory specializing in microbiological research. My thesis project is on gene therapy's possible application in the field of criminal rehabilitation (which is why I was studying psychopathology). You see, some degree of antisocial behavior is genetic, so changing the troublesome genes may help with rehabilitation...

Anyway, the answer to your question is "both", because I do get paid. The screencap is of me locating various genes in a muscle tissue sample.

And yes, gene therapy is very interesting. It's about time we got those accursed viruses working for us instead of against us.

Sounds very interesting :D
    wish i could do something like that XD

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    The Scientist's thesis on Gene therapy. I have no clue what that is myself.

What's the most famous DCC rule?

Years
    Hey guys i just got on what is the topic
    Haha, don't be too tough on him. I remember when I broke this rule once or twice....when I was 11.

@Gene therapy: it's a relatively simple concept. Viruses reproduce themselves by injecting DNA into living cells and have the cells undergo meiosis to make more of those DNA. Gene therapy takes advantage of what the virus does, and make them inject "good" DNA/RNA into the cells to counter whatever "bad" gene's already in there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back