• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Regi hint in FR/LG?

Dinoyipi

whited out!
Years
  • While in Celadon City in Leaf Green, I took a closer look at the fountain. The one that a little girl circles around:
    attachment.php

Notice the pattern of the fountain and flowers. Now, compare it to this Emerald picture of Desert Ruins, the hiding place of Regirock:
    attachment.php

Is it possible that that the FR/LG staff was hinting to the Regi's that were to come?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • It could be a hint to the Regi's, seeing as the fountain wasn't introduced until Generation III. Then again, it could just be nothing. A mere coincidence. :\

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • They're both in the shape of a hexagon. Hexagons are pretty common shapes. I highly doubt they intentionally hinted anything at all.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hang on... Why hint at Regi's to come, when Ruby was created before Firered? Not really hinting at "to come", when it was already there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I guess its nothing , theres no relations between them except the hexagonal shape so its rather normal .

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I agree with Mr. Willy Wonka; you can't hint at something that came before. Now, if this were in the original RBY, I think that'd just be more of a coincidence.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, hexagons aren't that rare of a shape; however, I will tell you why they put that there.
    If you played R/B/Y, there was a huge void in Celadon city. Not only did that look ugly, but it also didn't match the drawing of how it was supposed to look. They fixed it so there was a fountain in the middle and just happened to put the flowers in that order. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    I think if they were to hint anything about the Regi's they'd do it in a cave such as Mt. Moon or Victory Road rather than a Fountain in Celedon City. Nonetheless, well done for noticing that. xD

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Actually , where the Fountain is in FRLG , there is nuffin in RBY . I think they put that there for a cosmetically-better appeaarence .

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Well, if there was nothing in RBY, then it makes sense they'd put it there, particularly when Celadon's meant to be the flowery city

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • It is most likely nothing. As Deviation said, why hint at something when it is already there? I think it is mere coincidence.

Dinoyipi

whited out!
    Years
  • Hang on... Why hint at Regi's to come, when Ruby was created before Firered? Not really hinting at "to come", when it was already there.

I agree with Mr. Willy Wonka; you can't hint at something that came before. Now, if this were in the original RBY, I think that'd just be more of a coincidence.

It is most likely nothing. As Deviation said, why hint at something when it is already there? I think it is mere coincidence.

They could hardly be hinting at the Regi's that were to come since FR/LG came out after RS.
    Oh... I thought RSE came after FR/LG. My mistake. :embarrass

Back