• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
  • Fine! Ignore my Leafeon set then, you jerks ;_;

Don't worry, you're not the only one ignored. I wrote a sableye set some days ago and no one said anything about it.

I think Belly drum is too risky to be used first. I would use a substitute first.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Fine! Ignore my Leafeon set then, you jerks ;_;

And whining is totally the right way to get your set rated, the people here have lives they dont HAVE to rate everything thats put in front of them. Sit tight and be patient. .__.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hmm

Is Torterra the only pokemon that resists QuakeSlide? I've been trying to think of what else resists it but thats the only thing I can think of. Evertyhing else is hit Neutral/SE by one or the other. I'm also ignoring stuff like Magnet Rise.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Don't forget Flygon, Claydol, Breloom, and Bronzong.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Could someone help me get a good moveset for a Bronzong.

I'm more of a physical user, but if you could mix strategy with attacks, I will gladly take it.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • Could someone help me get a good moveset for a Bronzong.

I'm more of a physical user, but if you could mix strategy with attacks, I will gladly take it.

Sounds like your after a simple but effective set with the moves of, Gyro Ball, Payback, Stealth Rock/ Earthquake and Explosion. With the nice and easy ev's of 252 HP/ 128 special defence and 64 attack and 64 defence.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    this is my hitmontop, needs work

foresight
    triple kick
    dig
    counter

and its hidden power is dragon type but its sp.attack is too low. what is hidden powers attack power anyways, its just blank

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My personal favorite is Technictop

Hitmontop @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Technician Ability
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    -Fake Out
    -Mach Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Close Combat

You need to know your Pokemon's IVs to find out your Pokemon's Hidden Power.
    But Hidden Power is always Special, so Hitmontop shouldn't use it.

What nature is your Hitmontop anyways? If it's not Adamant nature, it's bad. Be sure your Pokemon have the right natures before training them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    And whining is totally the right way to get your set rated, the people here have lives they dont HAVE to rate everything thats put in front of them. Sit tight and be patient. .__.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be so immature :(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Could someone help me get a good moveset for a Bronzong.

Yeah just dont use HP Ice, its like the worse option ever for it lol

Bronzong@Lum Berry (leading) / Leftovers
    252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    Trait :Levitate
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake / Payback
    - Explosion / Hypnosis

this is my hitmontop, needs work

foresight
    triple kick
    dig
    counter

and its hidden power is dragon type but its sp.attack is too low. what is hidden powers attack power anyways, its just blank

Use Aragornbirds set or this.

Hitmontop@Leftovers
    252 HP / 144 Att / 96 Def / 16 speed
    Impish Nature
    Trait : Intimidate
    - Close Combat
    - Foresight
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest / Stone Edge / Sucker Punch

Basically this guy is the most reliable guy in the game for entry hazard removal. Foresight the ghost type switch in and Rapid Spin on it or hit them with CC. 16 speed beats neutral 0 speed base 70's and everything just above and the hp, nature and def evs allow you to take Head Smashes and Stone Edges comfortably from Aggron and Rhyperior. 144 Att evs let you 2hko things like Feraligatr. Last slot is up to you, Rest lets you recover from status (chesto berry is acceptable as an item choic eif you do this, Aroma/Heal Bell support also works well), Stone Edge for fliers and Sucker Punch for priority.

mattdaninja

Problem, Officer?
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2013
    I have a question about my Bellyzard, if you all could please help me out!

See, my Charizard has an IV of 27 in his HP stat, which (at level 100) will bring his HP to 293.

With this in mind, will I be able to pull off a Belly Drum sweep? (Where I substitute 1/4 of my HP away, drum 1/2 of my health away, bringing his health under 25%, his Salac berry activates and Blaze activates?) Or will he end up with 26% health and screw up the whole sweep or something along those lines?

Thanks! =)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question about my Bellyzard, if you all could please help me out!

See, my Charizard has an IV of 27 in his HP stat, which (at level 100) will bring his HP to 293.

With this in mind, will I be able to pull off a Belly Drum sweep? (Where I substitute 1/4 of my HP away, drum 1/2 of my health away, bringing his health under 25%, his Salac berry activates and Blaze activates?) Or will he end up with 26% health and screw up the whole sweep or something along those lines?

Thanks! =)
    You need 12 HP EVs to make its HP stat divisible by four so Salac successfully activates. So, something like 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Speed would be best to speed tie with base 100 Scarf users like Flygon and Jirachi (this is if you have a + Speed nature), or outrun Scarf Timid Rotom-A (neutral nature).

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • HG/SS breeding mechanics question here.

I'm breeding a 31/x/31/31/31/x father holding Power Band with a 31/x/31/31/x/x mother holding Everstone. What are the chances of hatching a child with 31/x/31/31/31/x (regardless of nature)?
    I can't be certain on this since I'm really tired, but I'm pretty sure that it's a 1/65 chance. This is assuming that the Sp.Def IV is nil since it will definitely be passed down onto the offspring. Keeping the IVs as such and not taking the Power Item into consideration it's a 1/682 chance.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
  • EV training for strong team?

Having made my first forays into competitive battling, I quickly realised how lacking my team was in focused EV training.

Simply put, I'd allowed my team to pick up general EVs, rather than focusing on particular strategic stats.

My question is, when picking which stats to EV train, what do people recommend for each pokemon? i.e. is it best to enhance the skills in which the pokemon is already strong, or is it best to support the lower stats to prevent weaknesses?

For example, I've been tempted into EV training the EEVEE evolutions with max defence, simply because that is generally very weak, and then maxing either Attack or Sp. Attack depending on the focus of that particular Poke.

Or am I getting it all wrong and it is best to focus on Speed plus either Attack or Sp. Attack?

Would appreciate any advice!

(This seemed the best place to put this thread, apologies if I got it wrong. Plz move if necessary. Also I did search for any existing discussions and the search gave 'no results' for the phrase 'ev training'! Go figure)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Well, you focus on what the Pokemon needs to do its job efficiently. For example, if you have a physical sweeper, such as a fully-offensive Dragon Dance Gyarados, you're going to want to pump Speed and Attack, with any leftovers into anything (usually HP). If you're trying to run a bit more bulk on said Gyarados, then you'll take off some speed or attack for extra defensive and HP capabilities. For walls, the same is true, except you may want to run extra of the weaker stat to keep it up longer or something.

This is probably in the wrong place (maybe the Simple Q&A sticky?), but yeah. Hope I helped?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Well i know i shouldn't fuss but in case you missed it my original post::classic:

I need help with my typhlosion so far it only has fire moves flame thrower + eruption + fire blast i also currently have smokescreen on it shoulf i replace smokescreen with take down or do you have a tm suggestion.

Last edited:
    Back