• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Yeah I guess, but I really want a R/S/E remake or at least an Emerald one. I found there are a few Emerald remake hints videos on youtube. Like this! This person has many facts that we have and a few more facts I think...
    He has like 9 vids on remake hints too.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    It's obvious they will, Nintendo loves money and they know people love remakes. Wouldn't be suprised if they tried to remake D/P/Plt.

Years
    I made this scheme, to see a pattern in the games:
    Code:
    	generation	maingames	remakes		platform
    "old"	I		RBYG		-		GB
    	II		GSC		-		GBC
    "new"	III		RSE		FRLG		GBA
    	IV		DPP		HGSS		DS
    	V		BW		RSE?		DS

Now, patterns:

In Favor Of Remakes
    Code:
    "old"	I		RBYG		-		GB
    	II		GSC		-		GBC
    "new"	III		RSE		[COLOR="red"][B]FRLG		[/B][/COLOR]GBA
    	IV		DPP		[B][COLOR="red"]HGSS		[/COLOR][/B]DS
    	V		BW		[COLOR="Red"][B]RSE?[/B][/COLOR]		DS
    Ever since Generation III, there has been a remake of the main games two generations ago. This would vote for: RBYG remake, GSC remake, RSE remake, etc..

Not really something with patterns in games, but Hoenn is the only region not (yet) available on Nintendo DS. Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Isshu are. We have only not seen Hoenn in semi-3D graphics, and since Hoenn only appears in RSE, remakes would be made to feature Hoenn on DS.

Against Remakes
    Code:
    "old"	I		RBYG		-		GB
    	II		GSC		-		GBC
    [COLOR="red"]"new"	III		[B]RSE		[/B]FRLG		GBA
    	IV		DPP		HGSS		DS
    	V		BW		[B]RSE?[/B]		DS[/COLOR]
    If RSE remakes would be made, RSE and it's storyline would appear twice in the 'new' era of Pokémon games, and both would be (indirectly) interactable with eachother. (By transferring via GenIV.) This would make RSE the only games to appear twice in the 'new' era-block, and thus being an exception. This might prevent GF from develop RSE remakes.

Code:
    "old"	I		RBYG		-		GB
    	II		GSC		-		GBC
    "new"	III		RSE		FRLG		GBA
    	IV		[B][COLOR="red"]DPP		HGSS[/COLOR][/B]		DS
    	V		[COLOR="red"][B]BW		RSE?[/B][/COLOR]		DS
    RBYG won't be remade, at least not in the nearest ten years. Let's be honest, it's just not going to happen. However, if RSE was to be remade, FRLG/RBYG would be the only games not to appear on DS, thus 'forcing' GF to remake RBYG/FRLG again (which they won't).

So, there are arguments in favor of and against, but in the end almost everyone will buy RSE remakes. And since HGSS were such a succes, I'm positive that RSE will be remade!

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    lol. I brought up this point in the IRC. Or at least the each generation is remade 2 gens later point. XD

Personally, I feel that B/W could fall into yet another era with the revamps they did to the battle system, the dialogue, story presentation, and other things. Thus, the "new era" point would be null and void with that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Interesting contemplation. But I'm just going to stick with the general formula that they use and the fact that Nintendo milks the Pokemon franchise. And also, since RSE are considered the worst among all Pokemon games (for whatever reason, even though I think with BW's release we realize how horrid DP were) they will want to remake it to fix up on what the originals lacked and what was disliked about them.

But I would buy them in a heartbeat. It's my favorite region to play through and I can't even tell you how many times I've played through them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Notice how Kanto has been in every gen? I think they'll make some sort of sequel set in Kanto in the distant future (when is BW set?), if they just keep remaking then it'll be boring, pointless and stupid.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    but before or along with a hoenn remake, KANTO WILL somehow be re-explored just like every single other gen , probably

gen 2: kanto-johto connection
    gen 3: fr/lg
    gen 4: hg/ss, same as gen 2
    gen 5:???

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's possible, but it won't be for three years. B/W's third game (obv Opal) will come first, announced about March 2012, then a year later, R/S remakes will be announced - if it does happen. Personally, I don't really care. HG was sort of boring for me and now that B/W exist, and I've seen some screenshots, I just want to explore a new region rather than go back to older ones. I guess I wouldn't have said that in the past, but meh, I'm over the past of Pokemon, bring on the future!

...but yes I would probably buy Sapphire's remake if it does go ahead :x

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    I personally think that there going to remake the 3rd generation games with the 5th generation. I just got a sprite sheet off of The Spriter's Resouce for the 5th Generation version of the 3rd generation pokemon, and they all have new poses, while the 1st, 2nd, and 4th generation pokemon have the same poses. Hmmm.... Plus it would go with the "milking" of the franchise.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    but before or along with a hoenn remake, KANTO WILL somehow be re-explored just like every single other gen , probably

gen 2: kanto-johto connection
    gen 3: fr/lg
    gen 4: hg/ss, same as gen 2
    gen 5:???

Maybe they will add kanto in the remake or remake FR/LG ...LOL

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    If they re-make Ruby and Sapphire then I would buy it. I enjoyed the gameboy games of it and "Ruby" version got me starting to play Pokemon games again. It could be possible that they are going to be making a remake since they made one for FR/LG, HG/SS and Platinum.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    It is most possible that Ruby and Sapphire are going to be remade, Nintendo would be making quite a profit out of it, but if it was made they would have to do it in a couple of years time to let Black and White do their thing first, then they may go onto a sequel to fix it all up into the new graphics and such. And if not, they'll most likely remake Fire Red and Leaf Green instead.

I'd personally buy it in a flash if it went ahead, the Hoenn region is my favourite out of all made so far and the only game set I seem to keep wanting to play.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Remakes? Yes plz. I'd buy them the moment they came out. I'd bash every little child out of my way (AND their parents) just to get one game. They were hands down my favorite games. I loved the region, story line, and gameplay.

But the fact that it IS possible is kind of sad. Like Sydian said, Nintendo is milking Pokemon more than they do Mario; which is A LOT. Give the poor game designers a break. Their brains are fried as it is. They don't need anymore. (Though I'd kill to get a better E4 out of Hoenn)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    Man i would love it if they made a remake of the Hoenn games on DS. I loved Ruby Sapphire and Emerald and if they remade it would just be the greatest thing in Pokemon for me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back