• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like that Devon. Corp/Dream World reference.......I'm surprised this thread's lasted so long...we all, even me, just repeat ourselves every few pages, albeit with some slightly different phrasing.

xJordan

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I doubt a remake is coming...
    But one game I'd LOVE to see is something along the lines of "Pokemon Forever" or "Pokemon Elite" or "Pokemon Master".

Which would follow a line of being able to catch EVERY pokemon from Gen 1 - 5, ALL the regions, and more rivals.

If they ever released that. I'd be in heaven.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    I doubt a remake is coming...
    But one game I'd LOVE to see is something along the lines of "Pokemon Forever" or "Pokemon Elite" or "Pokemon Master".

Which would follow a line of being able to catch EVERY pokemon from Gen 1 - 5, ALL the regions, and more rivals.

If they ever released that. I'd be in heaven.

Make it an online MMO and then it would be flawless.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Major hint: BW containing Shoal Salt and Shoal Shell in hidden data, according to TVTropes! :cer_boogie: Since Generation IV items can't be migrated in, what would be the point of coding them (really hoping they aren't beta data). The return of HM Dive is pretty convincing as well. :)

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
    I don't really think there's a question of whether they'll make them or not.

Nintendo is a company, it's sole priority is to make money, a R/S remake would make money.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Major hint: BW containing Shoal Salt and Shoal Shell in hidden data, according to TVTropes! :cer_boogie: Since Generation IV items can't be migrated in, what would be the point of coding them (really hoping they aren't beta data). The return of HM Dive is pretty convincing as well. :)

Accordingg to Serebii, shoal salt and shoal shell can be sold to an NPC for money.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I buy all Pokémon games anyway. And Sapphire was the first Pokémon game I ever played, so I would be looking forward to this :)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    To be honest, there's a huge possibility that the things you mentioned in the first post do not hint towards a remake.
    Just because they add some references, doesn't mean that they are hinting to the players that there will be a remake soon. It could mean lots of other things.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    To be honest, there's a huge possibility that the things you mentioned in the first post do not hint towards a remake.
    Just because they add some references, doesn't mean that they are hinting to the players that there will be a remake soon. It could mean lots of other things.

Yeah...even all those references in DPPt hinting the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions were all based on fan interpretation. The only concrete 'hint' we got was that Chikorita arriving from Johto data hidden in DP's internal game code. And for some reason, that GSDS speculation page/appendix isn't on Bulbapedia at the moment...

But even so, it's nice to speculate on pieces of data that could hypothetically serve as supposed "hints" for remakes of past games (in this case, BW hints for RSE remakes). :)

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Eh, I don't think the series has moved far forward enough since the original RSE came out. What sweeping changes in gameplay has taken place since Generation III? They split the Specialness/Physicalness of a move from its type, Pokemon now hatch at level one, and the games now have sloppy, poorly done 3D graphics... that's the major stuff.

If you want them for the RSE Pokemon, go catch them in swarms.

blue

gucci
    Years
    (Warning - If you haven't played Pokémon Black & White and don't want anything spoiled, don't open the following.)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well pointed out....although I did say that weeks ago xD

Still, nice to haves somebody back my argument up?

People seeing Shell Bell being available in Hg/Ss have probably argued that it points toward R/S/E remakes....so I think Dive and Shoal Salt/Shell is a way bigger hint (c'mon....it's more than a gold/silver pokeball in pokemon centres...I still maintain the gold bit's the same colour as the rest of the centre!)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well pointed out....although I did say that weeks ago xD

Still, nice to haves somebody back my argument up?

People seeing Shell Bell being available in Hg/Ss have probably argued that it points toward R/S/E remakes....so I think Dive and Shoal Salt/Shell is a way bigger hint (c'mon....it's more than a gold/silver pokeball in pokemon centres...I still maintain the gold bit's the same colour as the rest of the centre!)

Yeah, I agree with that :P

Thanks for pointing that out weeks ago then :).

Years
    you know, I didn't really like hoenn games much at their time (I really didn't like ANY of the 3rd generation. it was such a disappointment after the gen 2 games. especially the kanto remakes, you'd think they'd have been a little better done...).

but now that my desire for a johto remake has been fulfilled (and done MUCH better than the kanto remake was) I want to see hoenn again. I lost my game in a move and stuff, and I want to play it again

if they remake it to gen 5 standards (like the johto remakes were gen 4 standard), the remakes will be VERY cool. I'm looking forward to seeing different seasons and 3d in hoenn! and day/night too, that'll make up for the letdown it caused before!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Day/Night...too true....too true....I want the crickets making their noises in the night-time too...although this ain't sinnoh, so no random kricketune scaring the crap out of you like they doubtless would if you heard their cry randomly.

Seasons will be interesting, as it's preposterous to believe Hoenn has snow, isn't it? I once thought it did, until I realised it was ash....

Years
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but the Isshu Elite Four music as an extract from the Hoenn Elite Four music in it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have a theory regarding seasons and the possible R/S remakes (idk if it's been mentioned but so what), anyway...

So the games begin in whatever is the opposing season (and that the seasons are set before playing and then can be altered afterwards), so you begin off in Summer in Sapphire, then as the storyline progresses, you go through Autumn (as your surroundings change from Summer into Autumn) then when you reach Winter by the time you get up to facing Kyogre (which would make the rain more believable/stand out more or something), after that, you go into Spring, where you start off the rest of your journey and it changes monthly (like in B/W) and it's opposite in Ruby. Because really, the seasons could be hinting at R/S remakes due to it tying in with the storyline in that way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Since Generation 5 has only slight compatibility with Generation 3 (IE you can transfer Pokemon from Generation 3 via generation 4) I'd say a remake is possible. To those of you who say then a remake of FireRed and Leafgreen would have to be done, no it wouldn't as they essentially remade most of those games into HeartGold and SoulSilver (what with Kanto being present, all Pokemon in Kanto being obtainable without the need to use Pal Park)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back