• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon 2012: Guardian of Light / Guardian of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
pokemon2012banner.png

POKEMON 2012
GUARDIAN OF LIGHT
GUARDIAN OF DARKNESS
HACK NAME - POKEMON 2012: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT / GUARDIAN OF DARKNESS
ROM BASE -
badge-firered.png

INTRODUCTION
Since the dawn of time, man has searched for answers. One of the greatest questions ever asked: What is the Universe.

Space and Time. Two parallel forces that control everything we know. Space, the power of all things with matter. Time, the ability to make things pass through periods of energy.

What if time was space and space was time?

Dialga, ruler of time, Palkia, ruler of space, are only minions of the true forces of nature. They are creations of the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus. But from where was Arceus Born?
Space and Time
Matter and Energy
Xigema and Xenergea
----------
The Ancient Mayans where people that devoted their lives to learning the way of time and space. They spent centuries, even millenia creating one device that shaped the common thing we call today, as days, nights, weeks, years, and even seconds.
The Calender.
900 AD - The Mayans were invaded by the spanish, but before that,
One night, the Mayans were visited by a dying Arceus. Arceus had created a portal to their world to warn them of the horrible thing that would happen on December 22nd, 2012. The Arceus had come from the Event barely with it's life. The Arceus collapsed and faded into nothingness. The Mayans stopped the calender, showing the last day on earth, warning the future people of the horrible things to come. December 21st, 2012​

STORY
Allen / Ellen Hazel, the son / daughter of Alexis Hazel, renowned pokemon professor in the Shikoku Region. The professor, Hazel has been missing for 9 YEARS. The child's father, Robert Hazel, Had gone to look for Alexis, leaving his child, age 1 in the hands of his closest friend, Arnold Paris. Now, you, the child, have turned 10 on December 22nd, 2011, one year before the world will end, and you have decided to find your parents. Taking one starter pokemon from Arnold, you set off on your quest to find your parents.
Team Twilight, an evil band of powerful trainers is coming together to find the legendary pokemon Xigema (Guardian of Darkness) / Xenergea (Guardian of Light) so that they can lure the other out, and claim the power of both Xigema, and Xenergea, who combined have the ability to fulfill the plans of their leader's fathers old team. Create a new world. And Xavier, son of Cyrus and founder of Twilight, has a plan to do it.
You, as the hero, must travel through the shikoku region, beating trainers, collecting pokemon, find your parents, stop Team Twilight, and all before December 22nd, 2012, or the world will fall.

NEW FEATURES
NEW BATTLING SYSTEM
In the Shikoku Region, Pokemon are classified by their various auras, as what kind of creature they are. There are still 18 elements, but they have changed.
Elements:
1. Fire
2. Earth
3. Water
4. Air
5. Basic
6. Electricity
7. Metal
8. Light
9. Darkness
10. Space
11. Plants
12. Ice
13. Magic
14. Toxic
15. Spirit
16. Bug
17. Strength
18. Legend
Also, the moves are branched into three categories, Physical, Magical, and Health. Each category contains four types of moves, Physical (In order of weakest - strognest): (Element) Attack, (Element) STrike, (Element) Death, and (Element) FInale. Special: (E) Force, (E) Shot, (E) Blast, (E) Finale. Health: (E) Heal (Heals self), (E) Curse (E) Status Effects opponent, (E) Guard (Hightens defense), (E) Finale (All of the Health effects)
The first listed move is power 60, then 80, then 100, then 150​

More Info: First Level Moves have strength 60, are named attack / force, have 100 accuracy, 30pp, and affect one opponent
Second level moves have strength 80, are named strike / shot, have 90 accuracy, 20pp, and affect one opponent
Third level moves have strength 100, are named death / blast, have 80 accuracy, 10pp, and affect one opponent
Finale moves have strength 150, are named finale, have 75 accuracy, 5pp, and affect one opponent
First Level Health moves heal the pokemon, 10pp, and are named heal
Second level health moves effect the status of an opponent (look at chart below), 10pp, and are named curse
Third Level health moves raise defense / special defense from the type same as the move, 10pp, and are named guard​

There isn't a status effect for every type so the status effects from each move type are shown below​

Status Effect - Moves that cause it
Burn - Fire Curse, Legend Curse, Light Curse
Poison - Toxic Curse, Plant Curse, Bug Curse
Freeze - Water Curse, Ice Curse, Air Curse, Space Curse
Paralyze - Electric Curse, Metal Curse, Strength Curse, Earth Curse
Sleep - Magic Curse, Basic Curse, Dark Curse, Spirit Curse​

Also
Because of basic thought, there is no physical branch of moves for magic or spirit. Likewise, there is no magical branch of moves for Strength​

EVOLUTION
Instead of the normal, all evolving at different levels, the forces of nature cause pokemon to evolve at levels 15, and 30 (If a family of 3), or 20 if just one evolution

YEAR SYSTEM
Because of the main concept of the game being the countdown to 2012, 12 main events in the storyline occur. The Prologue is from December 22nd, they day you get the pokemon, to December 31st, when you finally set out for your adventure. The events in each month that allow you to move to the next month are as follows:
January - Beat Xavier for the first time
February - Defeat Zeke
March - Discover the giant Diamond and Obsidian at the top of Mt. Aeros
April - Defeat Evelyn at the Twilight Hideout
May - Escape from the Shikoku ruins and the wild Vulcanux legendary
June - Return to the mainland and away from the wild Uranux Legendary
July - Defeat Xavier a second time at Twilight Base
August - Win at the Shikoku Championship Battle to get the Obsidian Trophy
September - Defeat Alyx in the underground mine
October - Steal the Royal Sceptor
November - Fight Lucas one on one
December - Fight Team Twilights Xigema (GD) / Xenergea (GL) with the Xenergea (GD) / Xigema (GL) and save the Universe

113 Brand new Fakemon!

SCREENSHOTS
dreamfake.png

^Twas the night before Journey^

xavierfake.png

^Take This Team Twilight!^

cavefake.png

^Get Ready to Fight, HOLD ON^

finalfake.png

^THIS ENDS NOW!!!!!^

CREDITS
This hack was made by me.
Because it was made by me, you can use it to make hacks of your own. You can take some scripts, trainer sprites, or even a prequel / sequel to the game as long as you give credit to me.
Tools Used:
Advance map
APE
XSE
ASE
UNLZ-GB
VBA
YAPE
Attack Editor
Advance Trainer
Hex Workshop

Also, I need to say:
Sprites by Samson,
and Map Inserted by SPG

UPDATES
New Pokedex System:
In this game, you don't get the pokedex until you beat the final boss. SO the pokedex is different.
In the anime, James from Team Rocket uses Pokemon Cards to identify species. The same is for this game. As a ten year old, you collect trading cards, and yours apokemon cards which you start of with 10, then you find various ammounts of them scattered about the region that tell you about the pokemon. These can be read in the "Card Holder" Key item section in the bag.

Secret Ending:
If you complete a certain amount of extra tasks (more on this later) then you will see the secret ending that shows why, even though in the pokemon games, it's all happening near 2012, why pokemon do not exist in our world.

SHIKOKU REGION MAP
shikokuregionmap.png

USERBARS:
goluserbar.png

goduserbar.png

kremodobanner.png

kappixbanner.png

plumoonbanner.png

fronditbanner.png

VISIT THE OFFICIAL POKEMON 2012 WEBSITE
www.pokemon2012.com

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm the story seems cool and the whole elemment thing is pretty spiffy as-well. My biggest qualm would have to be the maps. the outdoor make looks weak, too manys flowers. Kind of looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, know what I mean. One of the screenshots 404'ed and the shot with Koga and the Hero in the cave looks funny to me. Hope to see improvements. Good luck with this.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Thanx, I am working on new overworld sprites as koga looks the closest to Xavier at this point. The house where he first fights Koga was supposed to look like it was in a meadow, similar to where ash lives in the anime (but not at all about ash or based on him, just as a reference)

But Thanx for the Tips

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
wow someone made a hack based on 2012! this is gonna be great
creative about the types and the attacks
cant wait to play this "disastrous" game LOL XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
This looks rather interesting. A unique story idea, and the elements thing seems pretty cool. Awaiting a release :)

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
K guys, thanx for the comments.

Around December 31-January 4th I'm going to need some beta testers, so can anyone help me out by testing the beta?

It's not quite done yet but I would send you a link

~BLAZE

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Seems interesting!
Things I'm worried about:
Card Holder Key item, Such a feature would require heavy ASM, really!
You have to have a layout you have to be able to open the item ect...
Kudos to you if you've already made it.

things that would be interesting:
I would like to see the storyline dialogs to kinda rush you, you have all the time you want,
but give it some suspence, like when you meet certain people "Did you hear about those
earthquakes, Ha. There's only 17 days before this miserable world has come to it's end, and
there's nothing you can do about it."

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Well about the card holder, I'm transforming the berry pouch, and also using free space to make it. Berries will become cards, but there is more space so when im done, I hope I can add in a few important (or at least common) berries like oran or pecha

On note of the suspense factor, originally I was going to input real-life data and dates so that you would actually have as many days to the 22nd (of any year) as when you started, but then when nintendo added seasons, I wanted to add seasons as well, and because of the secret ending, the game was able to loop, allowing you to play as many years as you want, with the whole time-space continuim mess, but I'm not spilling the secret ending (you may think I have, but the ending is much more cryptic)

I am worried about having enough space, and possibly even making a second game to cut the storyline in half, just for enough space, but I am trying to make parts short, so no matter what, I feel the game will have just enough suspense to keep it interesting

Thanx for the concerns, as I feel the same way about all the data

~BLAZE

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
K guys, thanx for the comments.

Around December 31-January 4th I'm going to need some beta testers, so can anyone help me out by testing the beta?

It's not quite done yet but I would send you a link

~BLAZE
I can help beta test if you want.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
thanx, I'll send you a link when it's done and uploaded

I just need you to say, if like everything runs smoothly, and glitches you find, thaings that can be improved...etc. basic tester stuff

~BLAZE

EDIT: Okay, the Beta may actually take longer as I will have to insert sprites the old-fashioned way, as my tool for inserting sprites is glitching, and the person is only now working on a fix,so maybe January tenth at worst

sorry for the delay

~BLAZE

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
thanx, I'll send you a link when it's done and uploaded

I just need you to say, if like everything runs smoothly, and glitches you find, thaings that can be improved...etc. basic tester stuff

~BLAZE
I will check if everything runs smoothly, some minor/major glitchs, and stuff to improve on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I can help beta test. I'll be sure to report anything glitchy or improveable. Also, i don't know if you want an experienced tester, but this will be my first test if you allow me to help, so yea.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Well it would be best to have a response from experienced, and beginner to see if all goes well.

Thanx

~BLAZE

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Okay, thanks for the acceptance. can't wait for the beta. also, the link for the third screenshot is broken.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, you guys can test the beta

Thanx ultima1 for the support I'm working on a support banner if you want to add it in your sig

~BLAZE

Ultima1

Pro Mapper
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Message me the banner when it's done, and do you have the title page done yet?

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
K, and I have the design, but only the logo, pokemon, and pokemon cry have been edited so far

~BLAZE

LightOfAFox

Mother Fck'in Gary Oak
Years
1 question are you going to have it set up like a day night system and make the character stop for the night,so it is possible to see a small scene of the 'end of the world'

Also,if you need another beta tester i am willing to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back