• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2011 TV Season

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

• The Fall 2011 TV Season Thread

So, it's September. Summer is winding down, the vacation is over and everybody goes back to their regular lives. It's generally a depressing time. The one good thing about September, however, is that new episodes of our favourite shows finally return to our screens. We finally get new offerings with a little more substance than The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and we finally get to see the resolution to that cliffhanger that has had us biting our nails and stress-eating since May.

So, are you excited for the new Fall line-up? Are there any new shows that you're interested in trying because you think they have the potential to be your next obsession? What shows are you most eagerly anticipating to return and why? Discuss the 2011-2012 television season here.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The new shows that I'm most interested in are:

• Homeland: It stars Claire Danes as Carrie Anderson, a CIA operations officer who has come to believe that an American Marine, who was held captive by Al-Qaeda as a prisoner of war, was turned by the enemy and now poses a significant risk to national security. This will be on Showtime.
    • Pan Am: Starring Christina Ricci, this show will focus on the pilots and flight attendants working for the eponymous airline in 1963. Mad Men comparisons abound.
    • 2 Broke Girls: Kat Dennings-starring multi-camera sitcom which has gotten really good buzz from TV critics, despite its conventionality.
    • Up All Night: Will Arnett not acting like a crazy person? Sounds too good to be true. Him and Christina Applegate play a couple struggling to come to terms with the work-life balance after the birth of their new daughter.
    • Might pop in on The New Girl (aka "Zooey Deschanel only becomes attractice when she removes her dorky glasses") and Apartment 23 (which sounded so much more fun when it was called Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23)
    That's about it for what I'm looking forward to. Of course, that's along with all the tried and tested good stuff like Community, Good Wife etc.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    X FACTOR ROVE: LA THE BORGIAS OH YEAH I CANNOT WAIT
    NZ IS FINALLY GETTING GOOD TELEVISION

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I'm Actually Super excitied for this Fall season!! So many interesting Dramas comming out!

I'm very excitied for

Pan Am!
    The Playboy Club
    Gossip Girl season 5
    Desperate Housewives Season 8(Sad to see this one is their last! :( )
    Ringer
    The Seceret Circle
    Two Broke Girls.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Alright, here goes!

I'm a television junkie, I can follow upwards of fifteen shows at a time. It's almost a full-time job, really. So when September comes (well in truth I'm in Australia, so most of the shows start in February here, but I digress). So, among others, these are the shows I'm looking forward to are as follows:

• Desperate Housewives: I've been following the series since it began in 2004, and the end of the seventh season was much higher-stakes than any Housewives ending in recent history. Also, this being the final season (which I'm so depressed about) makes me extremely intrigued to know how this will all end.
    • Grey's Anatomy: Despite a lacklustre season finale (which involved the main two characters, Derek and Meridith, getting an adopted baby just as their marriage is falling apart - nothing involving children interests me all that much lol), I'm always excited to see the goings-on at Seattle Grace.
    • Private Practice: Again, a lacklustre ending to last Season, but the show always manages to surprise me with how good it is. I seem to have permanently low-ish expectations of the show, no matter how many times it exceeds them. So I'm excited to see that happen again!
    • The Good Wife: This show is just fascinating to watch, I always compare it to watching the most interesting game of chess the world has ever seen. Every move every character makes in that show is some sort of power play or defensive strategy, I can't get enough. This season though, I'm looking forward to seeing how Alicia repairs her relationship with Kalinda.
    • Glee: The series gets a lot of hate for obvious reasons, but a lot of love too. I'm interested to see how the Kurt/Blaine storyline develops, and any Sue Sylvester one-liners they wanna throw my way are something I will hold out for.
    • The Big Bang Theory: Oh, Sheldon, you crack me up.

As for new shows, I don't tend to look at the offerings and think "ooh I'll watch that!" I give nearly everything a chance (like an audition) and see if I like it. So I'm looking forward to discovering what new shows and characters will find their way into my life :)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm excited to see the new seasons of Skins, Glee, Desperate Housewives and Body of Proof.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
  • I don't watch TV much at all, but I cannot WAIT for the new series Once Upon a Time, where a bunch of fairy tale characters get stuck in the real world. It looks awesome.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I honestly am not excited for anything in the Fall 2011 TV season. If Stargate Universe had not gotten cancelled, it would have been a different story. As of now, I think I'm just going to stick to discovering new shows on Netflix

Shining Raichu

Years
  • I don't watch TV much at all, but I cannot WAIT for the new series Once Upon a Time, where a bunch of fairy tale characters get stuck in the real world. It looks awesome.

I was actually watching TV the other night (E! News or something like that) and they were showing shorts for that! At first I thought "Oh God, how lame" but then by the end of it, it had managed to change my mind. I'll definitely be giving it a try!

There's a trailer if anyone's interested in giving it a look. I love how there seems to be a real-world and fairytale version of each person, the whole idea intrigues me.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only looking forward to Glee and Desperate Housewives tbh.

Well, actually more Glee, since DH doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. However Glee, now that the Glee Project has ended, yeaaah definitely looking forward to the new season and hopefully new original songs that I'll love as much as Pretending. :33

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • How did I not notice this earlier? Well, excuse me while I pull out my 2011 TV Fall Schedule. Ah, here we go, I found it! No, really, I do have a 2011 Fall Schedule.

This Fall I'm seeing a lot of great new titles as well as some great returning titles. I'm pretty much booked every night of the week, minus Friday and Saturday nights. Also, thank goodness for DVR or else we might have had some issues here.

Mondays

Tuesdays

Wednesdays

Thursdays

Fridays

Saturdays

Sundays

Needless to say, I've got a lot that I'm looking forward to this fall which explains the need to keep a schedule! To make a small note about Desperate Housewives, I've never actually watched the previous seven seasons. I only watched about the last three episodes of the last season in May out of boredom and decided I liked it. After watching the latest trailer, I think I'm going to enjoy the final season.

Ringer premiered last night, and with so much left to unfold, it looks to be quite promising. Not to mention, it's great to have Sara Michelle Gellar back on television. I already watched New Girl's pilot episode (available free on iTunes) and with some well thought out comedy, I think I'm going to enjoy having a little humor at least one night in the week. As for The Secret Circle, which friends have heard me talking about this show all summer, I have it on iTunes right now; I'm currently resisting the urge to watch it until I see it this Thursday night first, but I did take into temptation and watched the first three minutes last night and felt hooked.

*The Lying Game was a late, new summer TV series and it ends on October 17th.
    *Person of Interest actually airs on a Thursday night. Due to time slot and DVR recording limits, I'll be watching it online on Saturdays during spare time.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay I normally don't pay attention to recent TV and stuff but there are two non-sitcom shows that I like to watch. House, and Law and Order SVU. SVU is like my baby, I love that show so much. But now I'm really upset because they're ruining everything. ;_______;

-Christopher Meloni gone.
    -Mariska Hargitay with less airtime.
    -B.D. Wong gone.

I just heard about Wong yesterday and that was the last straw for me because that was my favorite character in the entire show, and has been for years. It was to the point that I would be at school, and my mom would send me IMs telling me when to turn on the TV because it was an episode with Wong in it. I'm not even sure I want to watch Season 13 at this point because no one will be able to replace those three. ;_;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ha, I'm pretty excited for a number of shows, my life wouldn't be complete without them. I know I'll miss some out, but honestly, theres still a load more shows than this.
    glee - You don't know me at all if you don't know why.
    X Factor
    (US version) - I'm in the UK, but the american version looks much more better.
    The Secret Circle
    - I've seen a few promos, and it looks great, I'm gonna give it a shot, not sure if it'll suck me in too much though.
    - I had pretty much just started watching the third season a while back, so I'm excited for season 4.
    The Simpsons
    - Who isn't a fan. I usually just watch it to fill time.
    Family Guy
    - I love watching Family Guy. Same as above really too though.
    The Cleveland show
    - Same as above.
    How I Met Your Mother
    - Heh, I just enjoy watching it every so often.
    The Big Bang Theory
    - I just love this show, I never tend to miss an episode. It's pure comedy gold.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'mma steal this from Hiiro, as I think I've got my schedule sorted, finally. Here goes:

Monday

• 2 Broke Girls - CBS, started already (although I'll drop this if it becomes clear that the ethnic stereotype part of the comedy threatens to overwhelm the character-based comedy that was quite nice)
    Tuesday

• Cougar Town - ABC, starts in late autumn (so, so good)
    • Glee - FOX, started already (I don't know why I keep watching, I just can't give it up for some reason)
    • New Girl - FOX, started already (the pilot was OK, but I hope it gets better; otherwise, I'll be dropping it)
    Wednesday

• American Horror Story - FX, starts Oct 5 (because I need to see how terrible/compulsively watchable it is)
    • Modern Family - ABC, started already (I don't love this show, but I like it enough to keep watching it each week without hating myself)
    • South Park - Comedy Central, starts Oct 5 (because it's South Park, and a really good episode of this show knocks everything else out of the water, even if they're few and far between nowadays)
    • Suburgatory - ABC, starts next week (good buzz, will see how it develops)
    • Up All Night - NBC, started already (I've liked the first two episodes, although the writers need to figure out what to do with Maya Rudolph)
    Thursday

• Archer - FX, started already (it's only a 3-episode season until January, but these episodes are probably going to be great)
    • The Big Bang Theory - CBS, starts tonight (like Glee, I don't know why I still watch... but I still do)
    • Community - NBC, starts tonight (because it's the best show currently airing, of course I'm watching it)
    • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - FX, started already (the most depraved people in television happen to be some of the funniest; I'm there)
    • Parks and Recreation - NBC, starts tonight (it's great; you should all watch it)
    • The Vampire Diaries - CW, started already (ditto, but for many different reasons)
    Friday

Nope, nothing here. Well, there's actually Outnumbered, but that's British, so I'm not going to mix it in with these American shows. Just 'cause.

Saturday

• My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - Hub, started already (because it's surprisingly fun for what it is, and I can watch it at a reasonable hour)
    Sunday

• American Dad - FOX, starts this week (I normally only watch this show when good episodes air, but I'm going to try to be more consistent this year)
    • Breaking Bad - AMC, started already (OMGDIDYOUSEETHEENDOFLASTWEEK'SEPISODEHOWCANYOUNOTCONTINUETOWATCHAFTERTHAT???)
    • The Good Wife - CBS, starts this week (a wonderful blend of new-fangled serialisation and old-fashioned meat-and-potatoes storytelling)
    • Homeland - Showtime, starts next week (the pilot was really good; hopefully the 24 influences don't drag the show down)
    • Pan Am - ABC, starts this week (apparently it's really good; will have to tune in to judge for myself)
    And, there you have it! My crazy-ass TV schedule. (Emphasis on the word crazy... and ass.) OH, and I'm also going to try and catch up with the whole of Friday Night Lights. I was a casual viewer for the first two seasons, then just stopped watching before it apparently got really good again. That and Treme.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Copying other people!

Monday
    - How I Met Your Mother - Only just started watching the show last year, but I caught up last season and am looking forward to the first season I can actually watch in real time.

-2 Broke Girls - Watched this after Two and a Half Men and rather liked most of what I saw. The money count seems like an interesting theme as well.

- Castle - Nathan Fillion's one of my favorite actors and the cliffhanger for season three was nothing short of amazing, the first time in ages I've really needed to see the next episode as soon as possible. The wait between seasons there was killer.

Tuesday
    - New Girl - Didn't like the first episode as much as I thought I would, but it's got an amusing cast of characters that I hope will keep the show lively throughout the rest of the season.

Wednesday
    - Free Agents - The premise doesn't sound like the most interesting thing in the world, but Hank Azaria is always great to watch on screen.

Thursday
    - Community - Have been watching the show since the first season, sooo this one was a no brainer.

- The Big Bang Theory - Ditto scenario with Community.

- 30 Rock - Whenever it returns, it'll be Jack's last season, so I'll definitely be watching.

Friday
    - Grimm - The premise for this show sounds awesome, it's just too bad that as a Friday show, it probably won't survive the season.

So really only four new shows this season, though I've got no idea which ones will survive the season. I really got into The Event and Outsourced last year and neither actually made it into a second season. (though Outsource at the least had closure, The Event just had that...cliffhanger)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Monday
    Terra Nova on Fox@ 8:00 PM EST.
    Hawaii Five-O on CBS@ 10:00 PM EST.

Tuesday
    Glee on Fox@ 8:00 PM EST.
    Ringer on The CW@ 9:00 PM EST.
    New Girl on Fox@ 9:00 PM EST.
    Unforgettable on CBS@ 10:00 PM EST.

Wednesday
    Nothing!

Thursday
    The Vampire Diaries on The CW@ 8:00 PM EST.
    The Secret Circle on The CW@ 9:00 PM EST.
    Prime Suspect on NBC@ 10:00 PM EST.

Friday
    Nikita on The CW@ 8:00 PM EST.
    Blue Bloods on CBS@ 10:00 PM EST.

Saturday
    Person of Interest on CBS@ 8:00 PM EST.

Sunday
    Once Upon a Time on ABC@ 8:00 PM EST.
    Pan Am on ABC@ 10:00 PM EST.
    Cold Case on CBS@ 10:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back