• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2011 TV Season

Years
    Exactly the same as the above poster, give or take a few.

The Vampire Diaries presides my list, however. I watched the first episode and it was rather entertaining yet somehow predictable and stale at some points. The Secret Circle was one I was actually anticipating to start this season, albeit I am trying to distance myself from such the formulaic shows -- vampire-themed, werewolf-themed, and now witch-themed? It was rather mediocre, at best. It lacked originality. Period. The X-Factor is a definite must see for me.

I'll edit this post later for more.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Big Brother, X Factor (UK), Doctor Who.
    Other than Eastenders and occasionally a few other things, that's all I really watch anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    The Secret Circle was one I was actually anticipating to start this season, albeit I am trying to distance myself from such the formulaic shows -- vampire-themed, werewolf-themed, and now witch-themed? It was rather mediocre, at best. It lacked originality. Period.

I had no idea there was a show about witches coming out this season! I've been waiting for one ever since Charmed ended back in 2006, so I just ran to YouTube to check out the show. It's not the witch theme that bothers me but the terribad acting and the fact that it's another teen show. Why does everything have to be about teenagers?

The premise could have been interesting but they messed it up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I watched the first episode of Person of Interest. I really enjoyed it and think I'll continue with it.

I'm interested in checking out Terra Nova. Although I know I missed the first episode. I should PVR it since I have class then.

I'm also going to watch The Layover, but that doesn't start until November.

I want to watch season two of An Idiot Abroad (I'm treating it as a new show instead of a second season, because it kind of is). But it's not airing in North America yet. :( I hope Discovery or Travel picks it up.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand 2 Broke Girls becomes the first casualty in my TV-season marathon. Seriously? An episode who's main 'laugh' came from bits of horse dung? No thank you...

Shining Raichu

Years
    I just watched the first episode of that new Charlie's Angels remake, expecting it to be terrible, and it actually wasn't! I'm not sure if it's a show I'm going to get attached to, but it managed to retain the campy energy that the 70s show and the early 2000 movies had. So it has definitely earned me watching the second episode, at least!

Years
    Now Dr Who is finished for this year, I'm gonna be watching a lot less TV, but I'll be following Merlin, Outnumbered, maybe the X Factor, but, the best one of all, REGULAR SHOW 8D

Shining Raichu

Years
    I was just watching E! News and it appears The Playboy Club is the first show of the season to get the axe. It's a shame, judging from the previews I saw I think it had potential.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know this show isn't really fall season, but here in New Zealand, it's spring season. So it count's, I guess? Last night, the first episode of The Borgias screened in New Zealand and boy, I loved it. The director could not have cast anyone more suited to the role of Rodrigo Borgia than Jeremy Irons. For me, when I think of someone being an evil/sneering/ambitious character, I think of Jeremy Irons. It's good to see him play the part he was born to play.
    The only problem I see with the series so far is Lucrezia Borgia's actress, Holliday Grainger. She just doesn't look like a 12/13 year old, which is how old Lucrezia Borgia is supposed to be at the time. but thats just something superficial, I can't attack a promising series based on something insignificant like age.
    I hope the rest of the episodes are as entertaining and visually delightful as this one.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It doesn't seem like anyone who's posted earlier watches it, but "Free Agents" was cancelled yesterday. While based on recent television ratings from last night, it looks as though the new remake of "Charlie's Angels" could be next on the chopping board.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I'm not really surprised about Free Agents although I am definitely a little shocked at Charlie's Angels. I've seen the first two episodes, and it really is not a bad show at all. It's not like it's great art - it's no Mad Men or anything, but it definitely has the same campy energy as the original which I thought would have drawn in a lot of older viewers, because modern remakes can tend to go a lot darker which is their downfall (see: Bionic Woman remake, 2007)

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought the downfall of Bionic Woman was the writers strike?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The writer's strike had a profound impact on many shows' future, even to this day, and probably accelerated the demise of Bionic Woman, but that show's ratings were turd central even before the strike went into effect.

In other news, after two years, I'm finally saying goodbye to The Big Bang Theory. Although the introductions of Amy Farrah Fowler and Bernadette were welcome breaths of fresh air, the show has lapsed into flailing with its mediocrity. Buh-bye.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
    You crazy, The Big Bang Theory is pure genius and I still cannot get enough. I honestly don't understand how people bail on shows anyway lol, when I make the decision to commit to a TV show I am committed until the show is no longer on the air :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Because I watch too much TV, and would rather not slog through something I find boring than watch it because I've watched lots of other episodes. I've been wanting to drop it for a while, but it had this weird hold on me that I couldn't really shake... until now I guess.

Oh, and while we're at it, here's a list of new shows that have received 'back-nines' (and will last at least one season of circa 22 episodes):

• New Girl
    • Up All Night
    • Whitney
    • 2 Broke Girls

Shining Raichu

Years
    I haven't had the opportunity to see any of these shows yet (curses on living in Australia) but I have to say that as an insane Chelsea Lately fan, I am so happy that Whitney was picked up for the full season. She is incredibly funny on Chelsea, so I guess that brand of comedy also translates well into sitcoms.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Within the past couple of hours, The CW just announced that all three of their new drama series, "Ringer," "Hart of Dixie," and "The Secret Circle" were given their back nine episodes for a full season. NBC has also issued six more episodes for their new series this season, "Prime Suspect."

I actually happen to watch all of them, but I'm most excited for The Secret Circle; although, I'd say it was expected. It's sort of my new addiction though (just in case the theme wasn't obvious enough!).

Also, did anyone catch the premiere of ABC's "Last Man Standing" last night? I couldn't help but think back to Home Improvements and compare, but it gave me some good laughs. It also felt very nostalgic, in that it made me feel I was watching the good old comedies from late 90's early 2000's. And according to the ratings, it had a strong premiere. Let's see if it keeps that up next week!

Shining Raichu

Years
    I actually happen to watch all of them, but I'm most excited for The Secret Circle; although, I'd say it was expected. It's sort of my new addiction though (just in case the theme wasn't obvious enough!).

Wait wait wait - you're telling me that show is actually good? I looked at the two minute sneak peek trailer thing on YouTube and it looked super lame to me. How did it become good?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Wait wait wait - you're telling me that show is actually good? I looked at the two minute sneak peek trailer thing on YouTube and it looked super lame to me. How did it become good?
    If you're into The Vampire Diaries, chances are you're probably going to end up enjoying this show too. Written by the same author as TVD books and including some of the same production team members from TVD, it follows a similar pattern in how things are set up and executed in the show. However, you can't compare Season 2 or 3 of TVD to The Secret Circle which just got its feet off the ground. It's more similar to the first season of TVD, where it started a little slow to find its footing, and then launched into its many twists and turns that makes the show so much fun and addictive to watch. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone who has a liking for witches, the supernatural, a show that can get pretty dark as it goes along, and those who are into the dramatic build up of shows like how The Vampire Diaries has done. Four episodes in, and The Secret Circle just keeps getting better every episode.

For me, personally, I'm a sucker for witches and the supernatural, so it was a given that I would enjoy this show a lot. It hasn't let me down yet, and knowing just how well The Vampire Diaries turned out since it started back in 2009, leaves me anxious just to see where and how far The Secret Circle goes.

Here's a promo to the episode from last week. I don't want to show the promo for today's episode, because if anyone does decide to give the series a shot, I don't want them to be spoiled by what happens!

Back