• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which'll you choose?

Which one will you choose?!

• Total voters
Years
snivs again for me. i cant get over grass starters. such a crutch in my pokemon team all throughout the game. and i tried being female in black but it didnt change anything so im going male in the new one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, I love the girl protagonist. So totally choosing the girl. :D

I haven't decided on the name juuust yet. I named myself Megan in White, so maybe I'll be different and call myself Tasia...a variation of the name Anastasia. or if I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games still I'll name my character Primrose or Katniss. xD

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I've always gone with the male character in the past, so I'll be keeping that tradition alive. I guess the reason for that is because I myself am male and so it only feels right. In all honesty, though, the boy is probably my least favourite of the male protagonists whereas the girl is my favourite of the female protagonists. That's not to say I don't like him, either... just his hair.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
Years
I'm going to be the boy just because I've always been the boy in every Poke'mon game since the original GameBoy.

GatlingIza

Greetle bust
Years
I cannot choose but should do it,Black 2 with Male and White 2 Female,Reason is None.

Last edited:

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
As always I 'll pick the female (only in leafgreen and firered I picked the boys)
and her namwill be Tanya ( my boyfriend mother's name -strange I know but I like it so much :P) or Linda ( I don't know why but this name came to my mind as soon as I saw her)

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 1, 2018
Even though I'm a girl, I've mostly played as the male in the past pokemon games save for Pearl and Soul Silver. I actually really love the male's design, even though the girl's really cute. Don't have a thought on the name though, or what starter I'll choose this time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I said I would choose the female, but I didn't give what name I would give her. I'll probably call her either "Lisa" or "Ashley," as they've been my go-to names lately. I'm probably going to go with "Lisa" since I was "Ashley" in White.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Male protagonist named Tj. Because in my life, I am a male protagonist named Tj.

I always tell myself I'll pick the female character or give myself a cool name, but I never do. Oh well.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'll chose the male protagonist since I'm a guy and name him Shivi. Why? Because that's just the way I've always done it.

I won't be afraid to admit that the female protagonist has a far better design though!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well, if you knew me. I always choose girls, even though I'm a guy. :) I guess you can say I always fall for the attraction!

But I always named all my girls, 'Sector' but this time I may go differently. I am probably going to name her Octavia just because that name is BEAUTIFUL! If I were to get both, Black and White, I'd choose female again but named her either Dhianeilaor Tohsaka. Beautiful names, in my opinion!

Years
Girl since I always pick the females (being female)... but the name's kind of foggy for me atm. >: I'll probably go with my real name or "Sheep" since I find that to be pretty adorable and have never used it before. There's lots of real worlds that I think would make fitting names for the character, so I can only wait and see what I end up going with.

Back