• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?
Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
vs
Dialga, Palkia & Giratina(Alter or Origin Form)
vs
Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem

For me it is Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh. they are originals as everyone said and the best imo. Lugia is meant by many to be the strongest because of its amazing powers in all fields. Ho-Oh is a pretty great Pokémon! Mewtwo is simply the single most uber Pokémon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
ewww I really hate genesect , it's one of my worst pokemon...such a bad design, plus I never liked bug types except scyther and venomoth. Hoever I have to see its combat abilities as hits stats are promising
Melloetta seems to me a very cute and elegant pokemon and I 'm quite anxious to use her in battle...Her aria form reminds me my haircut when I had to sing in front of people an aria called "sento nel core" :)
I just have that feeling that, just like some other Pokemon, Braviary to Fearow, Swoobat to Zubat and so on, that Genesect is a copycat of Mewtwo as well. Why? Well if you look at Pokemon the First Movie, Team Rocket and the scientists created Mewtwo with Mew's DNA right? Genesect is created by Team Galactic, correct? What's everyone's thought on that story?

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
I just have that feeling that, just like some other Pokemon, Braviary to Fearow, Swoobat to Zubat and so on, that Genesect is a copycat of Mewtwo as well. Why? Well if you look at Pokemon the First Movie, Team Rocket and the scientists created Mewtwo with Mew's DNA right? Genesect is created by Team Galactic, correct? What's everyone's thought on that story?

I can accept the fact that there may be more than one species of bat pokemon, I can accept the fact that there are more than one pokemon that look totally like an angry form of Pidgeot but NOONE will copy MY Mewtwo! XD

Seriously when I first learned about Genesect I thought " Really?!" I mean, come on, Genesect was created by humans by recombining DNA of other species, to create "the most powerful pokemon ever" and is described as a ruthless and deathly hunter? Also they're both shades of purple ( maybe the recoloration formula went wrong :P)
The only thing that makes me feel better is that Team Plasma failed. The rocket scientists did a better job!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Genesect was revived from a fossil and technologically enhanced by Team Plasma to create the most powerful Pokémon ever. N had the project cancelled and the P2 Laboratory closed because he felt that Pokémon, who he thought to be perfect beings, would lose their beauty if modified by science. However, Scientist Dudley kept working on it, being angry that N denied his talent. This scientist reconstructed Genesect and installed the cannon on its back. Which enables installation of Drives. Drives that update his Signature move of Techno Boost. Without a drive it would treat its move as a Normal-type. Burn Drive(Fire), Douse Drive(Water), Shock Driver(Electric) & Chill Driver(Ice) are what exists for Genesect's signature moves. Genesect's name is also originated from the word 'Genetic' and the 'sect' could be taken from the word insect, as its a bug type Pokemon. Creative, but I don't think I would actually prefer Genesect over Mewtwo to be honest. Let alone having a 4x weakness to Fire, with common moves like Fire Blast and Flamethrower, it's definitely a bad weakness to behold.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?
Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
vs
Dialga, Palkia & Giratina(Alter or Origin Form)
vs
Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem
I will start with what I DON'T want.

Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza -> bad, bad idea. I mean, the changing weather is just so confusing @.@

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh -> not bad, mewtwo and lugia are just great.. but Ho-Oh, I love him for his looks, but he is too fragile >.>

Now.. Dialga, Palkia & Giratina vs Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem..
I would choose Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem, simple because I like their typing and looks more xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I will start with what I DON'T want.

Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza -> bad, bad idea. I mean, the changing weather is just so confusing @.@

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh -> not bad, mewtwo and lugia are just great.. but Ho-Oh, I love him for his looks, but he is too fragile >.>

Now.. Dialga, Palkia & Giratina vs Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem..
I would choose Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem, simple because I like their typing and looks more xD
So with that being said. The Dragon Trio is pretty much the ones that would be victorious over favoritism and vicious creatures.. Sometimes I wonder. I might as well bring this up as a new topic.

383.png

Should Groudon be a Fire type instead of Ground, or both Ground/Fire type?

Name: CyanFlames
Partner Pokemon: Shadow the Darkrai
Welcome! We now have two members with Darkrai, both nicknamed Shadow. Must be a very popular nickname for the Darkrai huh? :X

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome CyanFlame!!

Although, Groudon has fire attacks and the constant Sunny Day , it is still considered a Ground type because Groudon is the Continent Pokemon (the spirit of the 'Earth'). it makes sense that it would be a ground type.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
welcome CyanFlame!!

Although, Groudon has fire attacks and the constant Sunny Day , it is still considered a Ground type because Groudon is the Continent Pokemon (the spirit of the 'Earth'). it makes sense that it would be a ground type.
But the continent really can't make the sun shine that brightly can it? O.o

What about Duel typing? Primary Typing-Ground, Secondary Typing-Fire?

Although it would be way to suicidal to go against Kyogre then, 4x Weakness to Water wouldn't be favored much.

I guess this topic isn't getting any interests, let's move on I guess

Let's talk movies. Each movie is specifically about Legendary Pokemon or has an important role(Mew in Lucario movie, Raikou/Entei/Suicune in Zoroark movie).

1) Talk about your favorite storyline for that movie, give brief main idea/plots about the movie.
2) Would would you recommend it?
3) Why do you like it?
4) Would you change any details about the plot/story to your liking?

I suggest answering in spoilers to not ruin the movie for any members who hasn't seen it yet and eventually want it to be a surprise when watching. :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
@sector DO YOU REMEMBER THAT CHOICE SCARF GROUDON WHO SPAMMED DRAGON TAIL :P

It wouldn't be suicidal but it would be dangerous to send a Fire/Ground, but I also thought Groudon was fire when I first saw it lol. (Fire Blast)

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, your Groudon was annoying as heck haha

Do you still use Groudon with Dragon Tail in battle currently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't know much about the movies sorry :( But Mew was utterly adorable in the first movie and the Lucario movie, and it proved to be an incredibly strong Pokemon indeed. <3 Mewtwo was kinda cool but a bit boring tbh, he was clever but most of what he did was expected; also I don't think he really was all that powerful haha. The Regi trio were great in the Lucario movie - they're my favourite legendary group so seeing them in action was awesome! They were really well thought-out with how they worked and their battle moves were very intense. Plus their speech was awesome haha. I don't really remember seeing and of the other movies... But I remember when Phione (if that counts as legendary, I don't even know anymore haha) was in the anime and that was incredibly cute <3 Though very stuck up D; And when Shaymin was in the anime it was amazing, plus super powerful - it was such a cute Pokemon until they went and changed its form! Although I guess it was somewhat dying so changing its form is okay I guess... I think Darkrai and Cresselia were in the anime shortly too which were pretty cool, though I barely remember Cresselia. Darkrai's battle in the league was amazing though, it faired so well against all of Ash's Pokemon, even Heracross with a huge type advantage, but eventually it got overpowered on the 5th Pokemon. Latios was also pretty cool in that same battle, but it didn't really get a whole lot of air time other than "Fly up! Now fly down! Shake Pikachu off!". I also loved the Kami trio in the most recent two episodes of the Rival Destinies anime; Landorus was so cool! I hated these three Pokemon before I saw them in the anime and now I adore them <3 Thunderous and Tornadus were such powerful (but stubborn!) Pokemon in the anime and it was great seeing them go all-out whilst attacking each other. And Landorus... Just wow; that thing was freaking impressive! Such a strong and resilient Pokemon really did deserve the role it had. <3 So yeah, that's all I really know about legends in the movies/anime!

Also what do people think of the Kami trio's new forms?? So excited AHH <333

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Also what do people think of the Kami trio's new forms?? So excited AHH <333
If only we had more like you who post long reviews \m/

Anyway, new forms for the Kami trio? Can you provide pictures? :X So seems like everything is changing/advancing in 5th Generation. Any word on the Swordsmen Trio?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm signing up. :D

Name: Meganium90
Partner Pokemon: Articuno

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon?
Ahhhh yes. -______- Recently I made a Thundurus faint. I was meant to catch it with a quick ball but my L66 Mienshao used Force Palm and it killed off. xD I have to be careful when trying to catch a legendary this time. lmao.

Years
Name: TheAC29
Partner Pokemon: Giratina (Altere/Distortion Form)

Hi AC, welcome to our clan for Legendary Pokemon.

So, why choose Giratina as your partner? What do you like about him that makes him awesome?

welcome CyanFlame!!

Groudon's name means ground so it is literal to be a pure Ground-type. It does get several Fire moves like Fire Blast and Eruption for unknown reasons. Plus, it it were Fire/Ground, it would suffer that crippling Water weakness that Numel/Camerupt also carry.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Hi AC, welcome to our clan for Legendary Pokemon.

So, why choose Giratina as your partner? What do you like about him that makes him awesome?
I'm a die-hard Ghost type fan since when I started playing Pokemon emerald and that's why I chose Giratina as my partner. I like Giratina's design from it's first game debut in Diamond and Pearl, in Platinum in it's Altered Form it looks exactly like a ghost and I didn't know Giratina is a Ghost and Dragon type. I can also let Giratina hold an item that can revert back into Altered Form in the real world, that;s how they make him awesome. :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm signing up. :D

Name: Meganium90
Partner Pokemon: Articuno

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon?
Ahhhh yes. -______- Recently I made a Thundurus faint. I was meant to catch it with a quick ball but my L66 Mienshao used Force Palm and it killed off. xD I have to be careful when trying to catch a legendary this time. lmao.
Welcome!!! Why do you choose Articuno? Seems Articuno lack favorites among the Legendary Pokemon, so far 3 members has it as their Partner Pokemon. I'm quite surprised. Articuno does have that beautiful coloring to it so I could understand that. :X
Name: TheAC29
Partner Pokemon: Giratina (Altere/Distortion Form)
WELCOME!!! Ehh since the points are gone now you can have both :X
I'm a die-hard Ghost type fan since when I started playing Pokemon emerald and that's why I chose Giratina as my partner. I like Giratina's design from it's first game debut in Diamond and Pearl, in Platinum in it's Altered Form it looks exactly like a ghost and I didn't know Giratina is a Ghost and Dragon type. I can also let Giratina hold an item that can revert back into Altered Form in the real world, that;s how they make him awesome. :D

Do you think there should be more Ghost type Legendary Pokemon? Or are you just happy with just Giratina overall? What about Ghost Arceus? Do you like it?

TheAC29

Years
WELCOME!!! Ehh since the points are gone now you can have both :X
Oh, that makes me even more happier :)

Do you think there should be more Ghost type Legendary Pokemon? Or are you just happy with just Giratina overall? What about Ghost Arceus? Do you like it?
I don't think they're going to make another Ghost Type Legendary Pokemon, since Legendaries can only have 1 type and only 1 Legendary Pokemon to have that and there are no other Legendary Pokemon that has the same type as the previous ones. Arceus is considered as ghost type for holding a Ghost Plate and I like Arceus, I like both of 'em :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
since Legendaries can only have 1 type and only 1 Legendary Pokemon to have that and there are no other Legendary Pokemon that has the same type as the previous ones.

They'd have to focus on making a Poison type first since that's the only type Legendary Pokemon lack right now

I'm confused with what you just wrote though..in the quote. Only 1 type? No other Legendary Pokemon has the same type as the previous ones? Can you be more specific? xD

TheAC29

Years

I'm confused with what you just wrote though..in the quote. Only 1 type? No other Legendary Pokemon has the same type as the previous ones? Can you be more specific? xD
Whoops, I meant "No other Legendary Pokemon can have the same type as the previous ones". Like Articuno, he's an Ice-Type so new Legendary Pokemon can't have Ice Type anymore. They need to make a Legendary Pokemon Poison Type and yes that's the type they need to make :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back