• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What music are you currently into?

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
I'm into a wide variety of music but rock is my main theme.
Currently I'm into Artic Monkeys, Cage the Elephant, AWOLNATION, Grouplove, Offspring (interest revived with their new CD :chu:), Franz Ferdinand, Gaelic Storm, Metric, Modest Mouse, Peter Bjorn & John, Pixies, Raconteurs, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soft Pack, Strokes, T. Rex, Boys Like Girls, Every Avenue, Broken Bells, Five Iron Frenzy and I'm probably missing a lot of the others. Like Gomez

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Lately I've been going back to what I grew up listening to which is mostly various types of rock. Genesis, Asia, Queen, Talking Heads, The Cars. It's just what I've always liked and it's nice to get back to that.

Um also I didn't actually grow up in the 70s. I grew up in the 90s. But my parents brought me up on this stuff and I'm kind of rediscovering it on my own time.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
Lately I've been marathoning Marianas Trench, He is We, and The Decemberists. It isn't too different from what I normally listen to, just a little more indie I suppose? My main music loves are classic rock and indie :)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I mostly only listen to Video game and Scores. But I love rock, and even a really old Pop song once in a while. Need a Hero by Bonnie Tyler is one of my favourites. Too bad Chris-Chan almost ruined it for me...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been listening to a ton of artists these days. My top bands right now are The Wanted, Foster The People, and Foo Fighters. I can tolerate any genre of music except for hardcore rap and *some* country. I like Rascal Flatts and Toby Keith, actually :P. I also appreciate older generation music like Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi, KISS, as well as Van Halen. My dad was the one that got me into that music lol.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I've been jumping between Pink Floyd (The Wall Immersion box set, thank you very much), Shinedown and Devin Townsend, but recently watched an online interactive gig with Tony Harnell who is my favourite singer of all time ever.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I have been taking interest in a lot of genera lately, some may be a little soft heavy metal. Mainly Leander Rising, which I must say is very talented even though they're drowned in mainstream crap. I also enjoy metal and rock somewhat, I still can't tolerate pop but it's decent to listen to.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, I've always been into metal, but recently, I've been listening to a lot of technical death metal, djent, mathcore. I've always loved technical metal, but I've been into A LOT of it recently. I found a few technical bands that sound amazing! Djent is just extremely groovy and I just can't think of any other way to explain how amazing it is. I just really love the tone. Bands like Vildhjarta, Volumes, and Ceruleus are some good djent bands. Some technical bands would be Veil Of Maya, I guess? The Faceless is technical death metal. I don't know, search for some bands; you should come across some good ones.

torterra10

SO LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW!
Years
K-Pop mainly, but video game music, J-pop and J-rock on the side. K-rap is nice too but most are fused with K-pop so I just slap it under that.

I'm into K-Pop too. Mostly just BoA (I like Eat You Up and Look Who's Talking).

I'm also kind of into music from 1999 - 2009

Some examples are:
Baby One More Time (1999)
(You Drive Me) Crazy (1999)
Oops I Did It Again (2000)
I'm A Slave 4 U (2001)
Lady Marmalade (2002)
Listen (2002)
Me Against The Music (2003)
Toxic (2004)

Everytime (2004)

I'll throw in P!nk, MJ, Madonna, Janet, Maroon 5, and Whitney Houston in my music as well.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I've been listening to a bunch of alt rock, and AARs new album is pretty great. Especially Affection and Bleed into you Mind. The only one I didn't like at all was Kids in the Street. Ironically the name of the album.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Well I feel out of place, hahaha.

I'm into music more of, um, lets say, the independent persuasion? Hope that doesn't sound too too pretentious lol.

Right this moment I'm going through TV on the Radio's discography, but lately on a grander scale I've been on a bit of an electronic kick, digging a lot of stuff from The Books and Four Tet and the like. I've particularly spun the hell out of Girl Talk's album All Day.

You can check out my Last.fm profile here to get a more complete view of my tastes. I took a Beatles course last semester, which is why they're so high on my charts as of right now haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
As long as I remember, I've been listening to heavy metal and hard rock. It never changed much. My favorite artists include:
DIO!!!
Rainbow
Black Sabbath (Ozzy & Dio years)
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Yngwie Malmsteen
AC/DC
Whitesnake
Deep Purple
Ozzy Osbourne (Solo career after BS)
W.A.S.P.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

There are more, but these are my most favorite ones.

droomph

weeb
Years
Um, anything that fancies me. Dubstep, Ratatat, whatever. I'm trying to expand my taste in music elsewhere, but it's really hard when you have no money whatsoever and torrenting your favorite artists give you a guilt trip every time you download something :c

Years
I was pretty sure I had posted in here at some point, but I guess not.

I have a broad music taste so I could be listening to pretty much any genre imaginable, but I always have phases of particular genres getting a few more plays and that's currently Hip-Hop since I'm listening to a lot of Kanye and Drake.

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
Years
I can't describe my tastes and preferences to a definite T, but I've been listening to a lot of indie/alternative/post-punk groups lately, as well as psych/prog rock and folk. I also appreciate jazz and classical.

Some of my favorite bands and artists include Akron/Family, The Avett Brothers, Blitzen Trapper, Bon Iver, Broken Social Scene, The Clash, Coldplay, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cure, David Bowie, Dinosaur Jr., Dire Straits, The Dismemberment Plan, Donovan, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Fleet Foxes, Iron & Wine, Jefferson Airplane, Joy Division, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Shins, Sigur Rós, Silversun Pickups, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Stone Roses, The Tallest Man on Earth, Vampire Weekend, Van Morrison, The Verve, and The White Stripes.

That's only a few.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I have larger tastes for Alternative Rock/Metal instrumentals and compositions. I don't know why, it's just my tastes. I'm not really into a whole lot of lyrical music, but I have been starting to search up for some more Alternative Rock bands lately.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I'm into some kpop, but I'm more into k-indie though (lesser known bands/singers)

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I've been listening to a lot of Kurt Vile, especially always coming back to Smoke Ring For My Halo, which has several fantastic tracks (a particular favourite would be Jesus Fever and Ghost Town).

Been listening to St. Vincent as well, I only really like two tracks from my first run-through for her third album, but then I re-listened Strange Mercy and my my my, Year Of The Tiger, Champagne Year and Dilettante are just fantastic. I don't know what went wrong with my ears during the first listening.

Also, Fleet Foxes, Civil Wars, Burial, Beirut, the soundtracks to Shame (particularly the piano pieces), and Drive (I weep to A Real Hero, k?).

Singles I've been listening to are, unashamedly, Beyonce's Irreplaceable and Sixpence None The Richer's Kiss Me.

I don't know why the hell I keep coming back to Kanye West's MBDTF. Such a good album.

Back