• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forget-me pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Ok, so, to me, there are pokemon that I go:

"Hey, look, that pokemon is cool.."

5 minutes later, I totally forget about.

Some examples for me: Mawile, Volbeat, Illumise, Gulpin, Swalot, Carvanha, Grumpig, Spiritomb, Delibird, Huntail

Name yours!

EDIT: Whoops! Can a mod move this to general pokemon discussion please?

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • I was sad to see most of the ones you forget are Hoenn :'( I don't really forget Pokemon I think are cool if I like them, they stay.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • EDIT: Whoops! Can a mod move this to general pokemon discussion please?
    ~bobandbill
    Can he move it?
    bobandbill
    ...I guess I can. *moves*

Some pokes I tend to ignore for whatever reason after seeing them include, well, type repeats I don't care much for (e.g. Finneon, such a forgettable water type that hardly offers anything new) or just plain old rare boring ones (I only became more aware of a certain 5th gen ice type after B2W2 - that has a neat design but is rare as heck and was barely used by trainers in BW).

Pinta77

I think some really cool ones that are forgotten about are Ledian, Sudowoodo, Jirachi (not many people mention Jirachi), Snover/abomasnow, and leavanny.

Sirfetch’d

Some that I generally forgot about were Cleffa and Igglybuff from gen2. Relicanth, Luvdisc, and Seviper from gen 3. Finneon, lumineon, and Carnivine from gen 4. I really don't have any forgettable ones from generations 1 and 2.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • I always forget about Kangaskhan. It's not that it's a bad Pokemon, I just never use it, or care to train on it.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    There are A LOT of Pokemon like this. For me... they tend to mostly be fish. There is a bunch of fish Pokemon that are far too similar to be distinct of their own rights. Quilfish(or whatever it is....), Remoraid, Lumineon, Those two east and west sea/pink and green and guys.... Relicanth, Tentacool/cruel, Seel/Dewgong, Shelder/Cloyster... the list goes on and on! But if they're a fish... you can assume them to be on this list, aha.

Other, non-fish pokemon are: N/Xatu, Dunsparce, Misdreavus(not really forgotten... just forgotten that it appeared in Gen 2...), Breloom, and a few others that I seem to have forgotten... Oops!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • ~bobandbill
    Can he move it?
    bobandbill
    ...I guess I can. *moves*

Some pokes I tend to ignore for whatever reason after seeing them include, well, type repeats I don't care much for (e.g. Finneon, such a forgettable water type that hardly offers anything new) or just plain old rare boring ones (I only became more aware of a certain 5th gen ice type after B2W2 - that has a neat design but is rare as heck and was barely used by trainers in BW).

Cryogonal?

Anyway, I seem to forget about Vullaby and Mandibuzz. No in-game trainers in Black/White uses them, except for those in the Battle Subway.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • 1st gen. I end up forgetting Porygon,Doduo and Dodtrio.
    2nd gen. Blissey,Qwilfish,Dunsparce,Smoochum,Porygon 2,and Shuckle.
    3rd gen. Wynaut and Castform.
    4th gen. Chatot,Phione,Porygon Z,and Mantike
    5th gen. Durant and Heatmor.

Lol it actually just happened. I forgot about Dunsparce and Qwilfish until I just read it by someone else. Lol the irony.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
    Years
  • I must agree with sunshinesan because fish pokemon aren't any cool. Feebas and Magikarp envolve into two of my fav pokemons, but still... once I tried to like Goldeen, and it's kinda pretty, but it's evolution is ugly.
    Some other are those deep sea pokemon, I don't like their design. They could be way much better :c

And I once tried to like a Castform I received from some scientist. But I failed.

Other than that, there's many pokemons I don't like, but I never really liked them since the first time I saw them, so this isn't the case here.

Years
  • I just took a quick look through the National Dex, and a few Pokemon that jumped out at me that I forgot about were Swalot, Happiny, Shelmet/Accelgor, and many of the different fish Pokemon, as previously pointed out. The biggest one that got me though was Sunflora. I can't recall one single time I've faced it in a battle since Gold, and since you can't find them anywhere in the wild and their stats aren't all that good, I guess I just completely forgot about it (despite seeing Sunkern many a time).

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't use bug Pokemon much in any Pokemon game. Venonat, wurmple, combee are my forgetful Pokemon. Sadly yeah -_-

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't know which Pokemon I have currently forgotten because lmao if I'm forgotten it then of course I can't recall it right now haha. Buuut a Pokemon that I used to forget about all the time was Mothim. I'm not sure why but for the longest time when I saw it my response was 'OH YOU EXIST......'

Vαηєℓℓσρє

ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...
    Years
  • I completely forgot Wormadam. Just seemed like a useless pokemon back when I had my 4th gen games. A lot of fish and bug pokemon I guess.
    Another one is Surskit and it's evolution form... Masquerain? (I actually even had to look up the name, wow). Just those small pkm that don't have much value in fighting, and have similar designs/themes to previous pokemon.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Yanma and Sandshrew/slash. I mean the three have been around for awhile and just don't play much of a role anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Haha yanma does seem to be hard to remember. They probably added Yanmega so that people would want it more.

Back