• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Did you use your Togepi?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
In the 4th Generation, in both Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver at some point in your journey you're given a mysterious egg, which is said if you travel enough it'll eventually hatch! After walking around for a while, it eventually hatches into a small Pokemon still sort of covered in egg shell which is called Togepi, which looks like this.

Spoiler:

It's at level one like all Pokemon hatched from an egg. Did you have any use for it? Was it a treasured party member and raised throughout your journey as a party member? Or did you simply have no use for it or couldn't bother to raise it and left it in the PC? What did you do with your Togepi?

Discuss :3!

Years
I like how cute Togepi is, but I boxed him after evolving him into Togetic.

He's a Togekiss now but I don't use him much, so he remains in the PC most of the time.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
In Platinum, I raised that Togepi. Now, Togerina (I named it) as Togekiss is formidable fighter, is one of my mains in Platinum, and is my flying (HM move) partner.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I wish I had raised a Togepi in at least of my saves in HG/GSC. Unfortunately, most of the time, I had either already planned another team to use, or just couldn't be bothered training it up to the general level of the rest of my party. (Which now I regret because I've seen it on many occasions to be a particularly good team supporter -- Wish). Now that you've mentioned it, I might include it in one of my teams in my next run through of HG or White if I have the time.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Yeah, I agree with Curious... my team is usually planned out, and Togepi is just never included in that team. I have at least evolved it to Togekiss though.

Years
Personally, I didn't use the Togepi given to me in either Platinum or HeartGold. In fact, the only time I can actually recall using the Togepi that you're given was in FireRed- long after I had beaten the game. However, I did buy Platinum used, and the person before me had a level 86 Togekiss in their party, which I can only assume was the Togepi given to him earlier in the game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I used it once, it was actually pretty good! It gets Metronome, which is also pretty fun to use since there are lots of odd things that can come from that ;) I'll probably use Togepi again in the future because it was good! Plus, it can learn Fly, so no need for a fly slave.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Not really used it on either of my Playthroughs of fouth gen games. However it seemed to make its way in to other playthroughs on later games.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I never use the togepi since it is a little problematic to train one. I tried to use it once but it ended dying multiple times so I just box it and never let it see the daylight again.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I didn't use Togepi in DPPt but in HG/SS I did. Metronome made me learn new moves and I didn't have to catch a flying type since Togetic can learn fly.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I just hatched it and am planning on using it as a Togetic (not Togekiss, looks weird to me though I will consider it xD) if it is terrible I'll switch it out with something else xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Used it on Platinum and that is what had be gain love for Togekiss. Now it's among one of my favorite Pokemon haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
I used it in my Soul Silver game. I quite enjoyed using Metronome, haha.
But, one time I hated it was I was battling a trainer, and only had Togekiss left. The trainer had one pokemon left, so I tried my luck and used Metronome.
Then, Metronome decided to be Explosion.
Small experience. Togekiss (nicknamed Bob in my game, dunno why) was one of my main, and had Fly (HM). I quite liked having him, mainly for Metronome.

Last edited:

Animeluver143

Shiny Garchomp...
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Togetic Powers!(AND LUCKY CLEFAIRYS!)

Im using Togepi/Togetic in my Heart Gold game and all i can is this: she's OP in the Ecruteak City Gym!Torhu (aka my Togetic) swept through the whole gym just using Metronome & Extrasensory (due to the fact that they only have Haunters,Gengars & Ghastlys).Speaking of move sets,I love using Metronome with my Togetic.The 1st time i used it,it made her use Fire Fang,then ThunderPunch the 2nd time.But then...ugh...Whitney's Clefairy was LUCKY.She used Metronome and it made her use Roar of Time!ROAR OF TIME!That's Dialga's signature for all I know!Now if Torhu can just make herself use Roar of Time,Special Rend or any Sinnoh signatures,my life would be complete!:)

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
When I realized that this little lady could evolve into Togekiss, oh did I ever use it!
Togekiss stayed with my Pearl team, through as much of my first play-through as possible.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I used my ... male >_> togepi.

He helped me beat Whitney! Took out Clefairy with a few lucky metronomes, but got completely mauled by miltank >_>

Eventually, when I stop being focused on gym battles, I'll go back and try and get it to evolve into Togetic.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Now I have opened my HeartGold again, and I didn't realized I've raised the Togepi from Mystery Egg too! Togestar (a Togetic) is his name, is also a flying partner, and Togestar helps me to sweep the Pokemon Champion Lance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I hadn't planned on using Togepi, but after keeping it in my party long enough to evolve it, I'd grown so attached to it that I didn't want to get rid of it. The fact that it came with Extrasensory and could evolve past Togekiss was definitely a selling point, so I ended up making it part of my team (unlike in Gold, where I boxed it the moment it evolved).

Back