• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Work station

Years
  • Describe your work station. That is, the area where you usually do your work. Provide a picture if you wish.

Spoiler:

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    This is what it looks like on a good day... (ungodly huge image warning fyi, should had resized it.)

Spoiler:

Years
  • I assume this is about computer workstations, so I moved it.

...since I'm here, here's mine. It's a crap photo, so I'll describe too.
    It's a sturdy wooden desk. My laptop and monitor are in the middle; obviously the monitor's plugged into the laptop for extra space. And it's still never enough for all the crap I inevitably have open. I keep the mouse to the right, and then, random stuff everywhere else. (I keep candles on the far left corner of the desk now, haha.)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's exam week, don't judge! D; It's not normally this messy since I'm usually pretty OCD about this kind of thing, but when I'm behind on work that just goes out the window completely and this is the result:

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • At home, my "workstation" is just my bed. I don't have a desk or anything like that, so just do stuff on my laptop with me nice and tucked up under the duvet. Bliss!

At work, however, I've got a proper desk and such. Which you'd expect, all things considered. Being an office, and all. But seriously, it's a pretty large desk with a desktop sitting in the middle. The chair's kinda horrible, as it slants forward constantly; I'm talking to people in Health and Safety to get a new one, but I've got to put up with it for now. As far as the desk goes itself, it's got assorted files and paperwork on it, but it's surprisingly tidy. I'm not one for stockpiling stuff that I don't need, and am very diligent when it comes to throwing things out or just sticking stuff in drawers. Because of this, my desk is very neat in comparison to that of my supervisor.

No pictures though. Mainly because I can't be bothered, but partly because some of the stuff on my desk is confidential! :D

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    No pictures, it's too horrifying. Anyways, there's a small netbook in the middle of the table. There's a cup filled with pencils and pens beside it. There's Jake the Dog watching me to the right of the netbook, and there's a huge stack of books to my left. Percy Jackson at the top. The end, thank you for reading.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Wherever my laptop will fit. At the moment I am sitting at the counter. Sometimes its the couch, or a moon chair. I do have a desk in my bedroom, but there is currently a bunch of clothes that needs to be folded and put up. I just haven't gotten around to it yet after the holidays.

Years
  • This is my work station at home in my room.. The computer to the left is my main desktop, the one to the right is my server space (webspace, IRC server, ZNC IRC Bouncer, etc).. and then an area for my laptop.

Both of the desktops' OS installs are new as well (hence the emptiness on the desktops). :P

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Spoiler:

So yeah, this is my workstation. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E525 laptop and a ALBA 19" inch 720p tv for the Wii and dual displays.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Battlestation Thread!

How many of you got a nice setup, gaming or otherwise? I worked a summer job, saved up whatever money I came across I had a bought myself something nice and It's one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Here is a picture:

Spoiler:

If you are interested; here are the specs of the stuff:

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see what you guys have. :D

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    All I've got for now is a laptop. I'm planning on having a gaming PC by August (I've got the parts planned and everything, now just have to buy everything an build.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • All I've got for now is a laptop. I'm planning on having a gaming PC by August (I've got the parts planned and everything, now just have to buy everything an build.)

Spoiler:

We have the same keyboard! :> If you need help assembling or are unsure about parts don't hesitate to ask.

Back