• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
The English preview said four episodes. So I'm guessing its two hours with commercials. Either way the fact that its going to be dubbed is exciting which means I don't have to lurk around for a sub and just wait until November to watch it. That way I can also focus on some of the other things I'm looking forward to in October instead of packing this into it as well. I really am excited for this but just soo much stuff this October it's ridiculous.

apparently it's not airing on TV, but on the official site and the Pokemon TV app.

so i'm assuming it's just four 30-minute parts.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
1349818052643553_animate.gif

There are very few words for happy I am. And yes, that did happen. I hugged my brother so hard and now I hope I didn't break one of his ribs.

Either way, if it's Pokemon TV, it could be anywhere from 23-30 minutes, hopefully 30. 23 is too small a number.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
YES YES YES YES YES!!

Jonah-hill-flailing1_(1)_111.gif

My reaction in a nutshell. :P

Hopefully they don't pick bad actors though. Anyone but Sarah Natochenny for Red.

The only special I've seen is 'Raikou: The Legend of Thunder'. They did a nice job voicing Hibiki/Gold/HeartGold/whatever his name is.

For nostalgic reasons, I hope they give Red a charismatic voice actor. Red is no Ash Ketchum, so his voice should mature as the special comes to an end.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm even more convinced (maybe not the right word, but it's after midnight =p) that this is in a way a testing of the water. The trailer is clearly more aimed to older viewers rather than younger (although certainly this can also be enjoyed by them) by mentioning those who played the original games. The fact they're dubbing this and putting it online is also a good idea. If they are going to aim this at older people who have the likes of school/uni/work, they'd want them to actually watch it, not miss it on Saturday morning if you only live in a certain country.

By putting it on their site, they can a) have anyone who wants to watch it do so at their own leisure, and b) see how many people actually watch it. So I'd suggest if you are one of those out there who want to see more of this - ie an anime without ash or in a different style or whatnot - to watch it, as they want to gauge interest.

Them splitting it up in four parts is also good advertising - they can drag it out and keep hype going for the special.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Despite finding out the disappointing news that it isn't a whole new series, I'm really looking forward to watching it nonetheless. Like bobandbill mentioned, perhaps this is just a litmus test; maybe we'll see extensions on the series or a who new and separate Pokemon Anime in the future, who knows. I'm just thankful that the Pokemon Company are trying news things and branching out. It's very refreshing I must say!

Fingers crossed that the anime is super duper awesome!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Despite finding out the disappointing news that it isn't a whole new series, I'm really looking forward to watching it nonetheless. Like bobandbill mentioned, perhaps this is just a litmus test; maybe we'll see extensions on the series or a who new and separate Pokemon Anime in the future, who knows. I'm just thankful that the Pokemon Company are trying news things and branching out. It's very refreshing I must say!

Fingers crossed that the anime is super duper awesome!

Ya , But if this series become extremely Popular Then Pokemon Anime stuff might realize that they doesn't need to keep Ash & Drag his story any longer because People can accept a new Protagonist So they might decide to make XY Series Ash's last era !!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I highly doubt it. Even if they decide to make more than just this special because of its popularity they are not going to get rid of the current Pokemon Anime. If anything it will be a spin-off just like the several versions of CSI, Torchwood (which was a 'spin off' of Doctor Who) and so forth. That way they have both and earn the money that they get from both of them.

Shiarra

Ghost Of The Forest
Years
I am looking forward to this as well, and it'd be awesome if it was a series, going back to past games could be a good thing for it, cause i think their running out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back