• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are they finally making pokemon special as a anime thatd be awesome :D
    Nope. Sorry. This is just based off the original games, it doesn't seem like it has the manga's intricate plot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Red become champion then Ash-bashing will get even worst then now .
    But again , That shouldn't stop Red from achieving his goal Or else Ash will look like a troll who preventing Red from reaching his Destiny .
    But If Ash shown to be strong & Competent during XY series and if he able to achieve his goal in Kalo by winning the League then there might be less Ash-bashing after Red become champion .
    It would be cool if Red , Green and Blue are childhood friend and both Red & Green has a crush on Blue which fueled their rivalry . But Green seem to have more chance with Blue because He & Blue known as ''Genius pair'' for their intelligence While Red is known as a trouble-maker!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • If Red become champion then Ash-bashing will get even worst then now .
    But again , That shouldn't stop Red from achieving his goal Or else Ash will look like a troll who preventing Red from reaching his Destiny .
    Why should staff care about Satoshi when this is anime about games where your (Red's) ultimate goal is to be Champion to finish the game...?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • That YouTube still of Red and Charmander intrigued me, but after actually watching it, it felt like more of the same. I mean, I'm hoping the trainer story is actually better, as there seems to be more of a focus on Red and [Rival, insert whatever color you want], which I would have loved to see with Ash and Gary.

But even with slightly redesigned human character models, I lost interest when the Pokemon looked the exact same as the current anime. I've been dreaming of a Pokemon anime done in a different art style, why they won't take that chance for the creatures themselves, ever, is beyond me. Even Mario has had more art shifts. So has Mickey, for that matter.

It's not like the publicized designs are sacred or anything...

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • This OVA is gonna be awesome even though it looks like they are gonna skip 7 badges so im sure theyll be a part in the movie where it frames through all the gyms in one scene i wonder if it would focus only on red and greens starters or will they have other pokemon with them still so many questions to be answered

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why should staff care about Satoshi when this is anime about games where your (Red's) ultimate goal is to be Champion to finish the game...?

Because Red achieve his goal in 1 or 2 hour While Ash still failing achieve his for 15 year !
    So If Red become champion then we will be hearing a lot of comment like ''Red is so much better Ash ! I wish Red was protagonist of the main Anime instate of him ! Ash sucks '' !
    People already started saying stuff like that and it will be increase even more if Red become champion While Ash get rebooted again and failed miserably.
    The Best way to stop this is to showcase Ash as a Powerful trainer from the start of XY series who indeed conquer the Battle Frontier and let him win the Kalo League !
    Unfortunately , Pokemon Anime Stuff are master at making the WORST DECISION !
    So , They might make Red lose the championship against Green in order to stop Ash-Bashing rather then Improve Ash in XY Series .

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Because Red achieve his goal in 1 or 2 hour While Ash still failing achieve his for 15 year !
    So If Red become champion then we will be hearing a lot of comment like ''Red is so much better Ash ! I wish Red was protagonist of the main Anime instate of him ! Ash sucks '' !

Fans keep saying this and staff does not care about it =D

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The main anime is meant to be something cute and cool for kids that goes on and on and on forever. Therefore, characters don't age and Pikachu isn't at lv 100 yet. New kids could come into the series at any season and still have pretty much the same kind of experience (give or take a few details such as Ash rotating or evolving his team more in later seasons) as ones joining in earlier.

This new anime hopefully won't be so. I certainly hope it will be more anime-ish rather than kids-ish. If you know what I mean by that xD

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I hope this spinoff is more grown up/older people oriented, more than the base anime. That one is more for kids, as Red said.

I'd like to see what the 2 characters are like...maybe since it's game based, Blue/Gary will be his old cocky, strong and rude self...I pray that Red isn't mute.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The main anime is meant to be something cute and cool for kids that goes on and on and on forever. Therefore, characters don't age and Pikachu isn't at lv 100 yet. New kids could come into the series at any season and still have pretty much the same kind of experience (give or take a few details such as Ash rotating or evolving his team more in later seasons) as ones joining in earlier.

This new anime hopefully won't be so. I certainly hope it will be more anime-ish rather than kids-ish. If you know what I mean by that xD

A Simple question -

-If Ash get replace then who will be one complaining ???

1) Newer Fan & Kids

2) Older fan

We all know the Answer !
    Its is the older fan who're sensitive about Ash's replacement and they will be one leaving the show if this happen .
    I mean , Why does a Newer fan will be bother by Ash's replacement if he's new to the Show ?
    If Writer only care about Newer fan & Kids then Isn't it much more sensible to start a fresh new series with fresh new Protagonist ???
    ''Precure'' are meant for Little girls but even ''Precure'' change's its protagonist in every series !
    Plus , Is there guaranty that Newer fan & Kids will not like Pokemon Origin & Red ????
    Who know , they might like ''Pokemon Origin'' better then Pokemon XY and start comparing Ash with Red .
    Specially if Pokemon Origin is handle like ''Legend Of Thunder'' Or ''B2W2 Animated Promo'' !
    If Kids simply loved to see the Adventure of A Kid and his cute magical Animal friend then anybody can become a Billionaire simply by making a Kids show about A Boy & Some cute Animal adventure in distant land .
    So , Don't blame Kids Or Newer fan ! They never told the writer to keep Ash forever like a loser , They are just writer's shameless excuse.
    PS : I'm not shouting !

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • ''Precure'' are meant for Little girls but even ''Precure'' change's its protagonist in every series !
    Beyblade changed protagonists, Yu-Gi-Oh changed protagonists, Bakugan changed protagonists... Etc.
    1) Those changes made newer anime more crappier.
    2) Those anime are nowhere Pokemon's episode counter.
    3) Those anime have nowhere near the amount of fans.

Now let's take the second perspective which Pokemon follow.
    Bleach, Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Piece.
    Only these anime have the episode counter at least closer to Pokemon's one and they did not change protagonists while still staying at the top of all rankings.
    Pokemon follow the long-running shounen perspective with party changes.
    We won't see any change in cast for a long time.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years

• Beyblade changed protagonists, Yu-Gi-Oh changed protagonists, Bakugan changed protagonists... Etc.

Only these anime have the episode counter at least closer to Pokemon's one and they did not change protagonists while still staying at the top of all rankings.

The only difference here is that in those animes, the characters grow up throughout the series progression. (don't know about Fairy Tail since I've never watched it). In Pokemon, Ash is still 10 years old. So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The only difference here is that in those animes, the characters grow up throughout the series progression. (don't know about Fairy Tail since I've never watched it). In Pokemon, Ash is still 10 years old. So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Couldn't say it better myself !
    Anyway ,
    If Pokemon Origin has some hilarious Moment and if Red can use more then 1 pokemon and if Red win the League then Pokemon Origin should be success .
    I mean , The people who might have a problem with Pokemon Origin is Older fan .
    But its the Older fan themself who's welcoming this series !

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • The only difference here is that in those animes, the characters grow up throughout the series progression. (don't know about Fairy Tail since I've never watched it). In Pokemon, Ash is still 10 years old. So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.
    The point of having the same protagonist throughout the series ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The point of having the same protagonist throughout the series ;)

But they didn't become popular because they had the same protagonist !
    They become popular because they had good story plot !
    If Pokemon Anime has a good story plot then it will be popular without Ash .
    Hopefully ''Pokemon Origin'' will have good story-plot !

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 18, 2017

Beyblade changed protagonists, Yu-Gi-Oh changed protagonists, Bakugan changed protagonists... Etc.

that is true DX i loved watching all those shows... not they are silly XD

this new Beyblade makes me wonder why kids are just allowed to go anywhere they want anytime without their parent's consent/im noticing a pattern in some of the special move

Yu-Gi-Oh well it still has it's cool battle mode but it's really getting of track of the original story (the card game began at egypt) and everyone's hair is so crazy XD (im talking about Yugioh Zexal, the newest season)

Bakugan, well i don't think it was received well cause i did here it being described as the gay version of yugioh, but it was fun to watch. i really liked it battles and the everyone fought :D. then it just went to watthefudge when they changed everything.

and most importantly does any1 here besides me remember that there is a new season of digimon? digimon Fusion Tamers...

Also, i don't really care if he ages :3 i would rather they just never tell us. it would be fun not to focus on that.

Years
  • Couldn't say it better myself !
    Anyway ,
    If Pokemon Origin has some hilarious Moment and if Red can use more then 1 pokemon and if Red win the League then Pokemon Origin should be success .
    I mean , The people who might have a problem with Pokemon Origin is Older fan .
    But its the Older fan themself who's welcoming this series !

It's an 2 episode special IIRC, not a series.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    When will get more info about this Spin-off ?
    It suppose to premiere before Pokemon The Series : XY !

Its Sound kind a Funny-

-Pokemon the Origin

-Pokemon the Series : XY .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back