• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon Ranger Games have you played?

Which of the Pokemon Ranger Games have you played?

• Total voters
Years
  • Pokemon Ranger
  • Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
  • None

Choose which of the Pokemon Ranger Games you have played before, I just decided to make this poll because I didn't see anything about the Ranger Games and they are REALLY underrated, so I wanted to see if any of the spin-off game fans liked them

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have tried one actually, but I never got far. It was so different and I felt more like playing the main series games after a while into it. So I don't even remember much :( Are they okay games, generally?

Years
Well the first one is really difficult, but doesn't have much of a story......, the 2nd one though has a REALLY good plot if you pay attention to it and do a certain quest pertaining to it, and the 3rd one has a plot to do with ancient artifacts and the bad guys trying to become immortal by obtaining them.

Gameplay-wise, The 3rd one is the only Pokemon game that actually lets you skip the tutorials if you already know them.... only some that don't include new features though. The 2nd one you start out in a Ranger School and go through the life of a Pokemon Ranger, The Ranger School part is pretty boring but once you get past it, it gets way, way better, but you have to have the patience. For the 1st, I just say, skip it, because that was the time where Pokemon was just developing and testing things out for the DS, and keep in mind the game came out before Diamond and Pearl, so they weren't sure what to do with it.

I would recommend these games, but only if you have enough patience for a LOT of text (1st & 2nd), and Plot (2nd & 3rd).

Years
I've played through all of them, they're my favorite spinoff games. The poll won't let me choose more than one option though :c

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I have tried one actually, but I never got far. It was so different and I felt more like playing the main series games after a while into it. So I don't even remember much :( Are they okay games, generally?

They're awesome, much more engaging (not as much free though) and the storyline is generally great. Shadows of Almia being the only one I've completed I can say the storyline was about six times better than any of the mainstream game's storyline. You should try it! The gameplay is totally underrated and like all other Spinoff Games it's more valuable than the mainstream ones.

I've played all three but I've only completed Shadows of Almia, I liked the story. I would play it again someday, but I feel I would be out of touch. I used to be quite the ranger those days, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I played all of them, finished Almia and Guardian Signs...
The first Ranger had weird mechanics... I just couldn't beat Charizard and Salamance somewhere so I never bothered to finish them.
But the other 2 rangers were really cool. I loved the story in Almia and signs calling legendary Pokemon in GS. Raiding on legendary beasts or flying on Eon due were fantastic.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I played the first one (only got it in the first place for the Manaphy event thing on it!) and Shadows of Almia. They're very text heavy though and don't really give you much of an option to skip them. Shadows of Almia was better than the first one, I liked how you didn't need to keep getting the same pokemon for field clears (is that what they're called?).

I think the only reason I stopped playing them was because Almia kept messing up my R4 card, creating a gazillion save files and stuff..

Years
I've played through all of them, they're my favorite spinoff games. The poll won't let me choose more than one option though :c

I'm sorry that the poll is not doing that, I'm new here so I didn't know how to make it so you could choose more than one option, heck, I didn't even know how to make a poll and had look it up in the FAQ on PC lol.

And I'm glad you like all of them, I do too!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I've played all three. I liked the first one, the story was okay and it was quite difficult in parts.

I loved Shadows of Almia. The characters, the plot, everything. I had really high hopes for Guardian Signs but was really disappointed with it... I felt it was far too easy (my styler didn't break once throughout the entire game and the plot wasn't great either in my opinion... But if Nintendo brought out another ranger game, I'd be all to excited to play it.

Years
I've played all three. I liked the first one, the story was okay and it was quite difficult in parts.

I loved Shadows of Almia. The characters, the plot, everything. I had really high hopes for Guardian Signs but was really disappointed with it... I felt it was far too easy (my styler didn't break once throughout the entire game and the plot wasn't great either in my opinion... But if Nintendo brought out another ranger game, I'd be all to excited to play it.

Glad you liked them! By the way, I felt the same way with Guardian Signs (but I did sort of like the plot, with the whole becoming immortal with ancient armor and stuff.....) Its way too easy to get "S" Ranks too, huh?

Thief

The Dark One
Years
I've played all 3 but I think I've yet to complete Guardian Signs. Shadows of Almia was by far the best and I'm gonna restart it today just so I can play it again, but the original Ranger was good too.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I've played all three, and I love them! It's great to see they made vast improvements between the first two games; I probably wouldn't recommend the first to many people, but the sequels, definitely. I remember enjoying Shadows of Almia the most for some reason, but I think the mechanics of Guardian Signs are better (especially the assists during a "battle"). Hmm, I've yet to finish the past missions in Guardian Signs...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Just the first one. I bought it the day it came out. I was starved for more Pokemon content and I didn't like it too much. I didn't get too far into it, and quickly abandoned/traded it in. I'm not really too fond of the spin-off games.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I've played all three. Upon playing the latter two, I've seen that the first ranger wasn't really all that fun and the thing with the numbers and catching Pokemon was just...weird. The bar thing is far better, and it just makes things a bit easier. Plot-wise, I prefer Almia a little bit, since I love both plots. I like the fact that you start off in a school. It's been a long time since I've played these games so I don't really remember much but it was pretty cool that in Guardian Signs you were able to summon some legendary and ride on them. Also I loved flying around the region, but it felt limited. :( So game wise, GS. Plot wise, SOA.

Years
I've only played the original one and Shadows of Almia. I haven't played Guardian Signs and I have no intention to.
Shadows of Almia was by far my favorite, though. I loved the storyline much more than the original.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I played the first two. I liked the first one enough to get rather far in it, but stopped playing when I just couldn't beat one of the three dragons. It was the same deal with the second Ranger game. There was a part that I was stuck on, no matter how many times I attempted to get through. Now both games are just sitting in a box with a whole mess of DS games I stopped playing and I decided not to get the third one.

I like the concept of the Ranger games. Not only the play style of "capturing" Pokemon by using the touch screen but also the idea behind Pokemon Rangers. It wasn't enough to keep me playing through the games though.

Back