• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fin

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you find me rude?

Have you ever tried meatballs? What do you think of them?

What is your favorite kind of soda/soft drink/whatever you call coca cola and the lot?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wanted to leave this for a few more days, but I find it easier to answer questions in short bursts, while the juices flow, y'know?
    What made you change the title of this thread? What's the meaning behind it?
    Assuming you said this at the time I had changed it to "noecho", it was based on the fact that Chimecho is my favourite Pokémon (tut, tut, nobody asked me about my favourites yet!). So it was a simple play on words. At the moment I'm still between angels and insects on my title name. So it shall remain "untitled" until I can find the time to think of something I'm happy with. I'm forever changing up things when I can. Give me a chance to change my thread title and I'll wear it like clothes (changing it daily!).
    Do you believe in a god/higher power?
    Yes, awesome. I always like questions like these, okay. Before I get into anything, I've never wanted to be bias or judgemental when it comes to faiths. So anybody who reads my views would do well to remember that as such.

For me, like many others, I struggle to believe that there was nothing to create all of this. There cannot be cause without action. I do think there had to be at least two things in the beginning. inexistence, and existence. For without one, there cannot be the other. For humans, we cannot think about what would be before life, or what would come after death, for as all we know is living, and existing. So the concept is hard for us to think about. I do think that whatever created us, does not currently have any sort of free will or conciousness. I do not believe that one day the heavens will come down from above. There was a creationist, but my mind is not powerful enough to ever say what it may have been.

What religion/religions are you most interested in?

For the longest time before I had ever thrown myself into considering gaining proper knowledge of the faiths, I thought I would find Buddhism the most interesting. Later on in life I actually studied each of the 5 major religions in a good bit of detail. While I studied more foundational information in some than others, I pressed most into Islam. Out of the major faiths I find it to be extremely interesting. The complexity and dedication are definitely at the forefront of it. You hear a lot about Muslim extremists on TV, and it's easy to associate that with what the religion is, but to be honest, I wouldn't consider them to be interpreting the faith properly at all. The story surrounding the origins of the faith is really magical, it's really worth reading. In all honesty, I don't think that what the bible exclaims "is the greatest story ever told", I've read a lot of interesting ones within the Qur'an. Without babbling on about it too much, it was a faith I didn't expect to find so much in, it's a deep well, and worth looking into.

On top of that, I always loved reading about the Native American tribal stories. While not strictly a religion or anything, I always found origin stories to be really good to read. It's more on the line of Cherokee mythology, but as someone without a faith I find them all to hold the same sort of merit.

Why does religion as a topic interest you?
    I think religion has the essence of a story entwined with the human mind, it can teach you a lot about humanities' desire to belong, to know, to live, to always live. I've always found it to be a remedy for the fear of what we cannot know about until we no longer breathe. When you sit around a camp-fire, you tell stories to pass time, to envelop fear, when an author writes he aims to tell a story to make you think, to make you laugh, to make you feel. I feel that every religion is a story, that many choose to live by. It interests me to know what people attach themselves to, and the lengths they will go prove their faith.

As an ex-Catholic, I'm curious: what do you think about Catholicism?
    Hypocritical, not so much as the Protestant faith however. I simply think their ideals are in the wrong places, nor do I think it's really sensible to claim that am 80+ year old man preaches what should be the gospel of a billion people. It's out-dated and misguided. I never liked how closely Catholic countries link their faith with their constitution, as a secularist, I'll always believe they should be separate.

What's the worst/ meanest thing anyone has ever said to you?
    People have said mean things to me all the time, I could never point out the worst. It depends on who says it, that always has more weighting on how hard I take it. My parents are probably the ones who affect me most with their words. I'm someone who's had a million arguments, but apologized a billion times. I grew up through a lot of hardships and things were never easy, I had often and always been a target to some sort of mental abuse wherever I lived, and whomever I lived with.

It just makes you a stronger person, because after a while, you realize it comes from one place; their insecurity.

. . . Why is your gender set to female lol

Also, you interested in swinging down to mine in July?
    It's male now! And so long as I have the right $$$ I'll be over to crash your house and eat your food.

Do you find me rude?

Have you ever tried meatballs? What do you think of them?

What is your favorite kind of soda/soft drink/whatever you call coca cola and the lot?
    Why would I ever find you (Rika) rude? Is the real question, I have never really thought that of you. Maybe at times I think you're a little dirty minded but it seems I've passed you out these days!

Meatballs are pretty good, but they need to be really fresh and homemade for me to like them a whole lot. I never get them on pizza because I find them to be kind of annoying. To be honest with you, I am a man of rougher meat, and thus I enjoy anything I need to tear apart with my teeth more than something overly succulent. Beef jerky and things like that are amazing, but they don't sell it much here. Steak too, I prefer stuff like that. I'd like to try a meat pyramid though...

My favourite soft drink, hmm. To be honest with you I prefer juice and/or ice tea. However, I do enjoy something which I don't think they serve internationally called "Lucozade". It's a glucose energy drink, which is pretty divine. I also like Mountain Dew, but again they don't sell that here, so I only had it while in the US. OH OH OH. No lies. My favourite drink in the world is Fanta. Disregard everything I've ever said in my life. Fanta <3

Reactions: Her
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hai Gavin ^-^
    You most likely don't know me as I don't leave Sydian's domain often, but it is thanks to you that I joined PokéCommunity. I randomly found a link to your game one day and I fell in love with it the moment I read the thread. So I thought I'd make an account show my support ^^

Then I somehow ended up on Syd's domain and settled there.
    But yeah, I wanted to thank you for working on that amazingly awesome game and for making me join PokéCommunity through it ^^

I admit, at first, I felt a bit intimidated by you and kept my distance, admiring your work from afar. Now I finally found an opportunity to talk to you and thank you, through this thread ^^

I don't really have that many questions and they might be quite random, but here goes:

What inspired you into making your game?

Do you like all things zombie or just "The Walking Dead"? I recently found the time to watch "The Walking Dead", but I love all things related to zombies and a zombie apocalypse xD So I thought I'd ask.

Do you have any siblings?

Did you ever genderbend? I honestly thought you were a woman the very first time I stumbled upon Phoenix Rising, but then I listened to that radio show thingy where you were talking about the game and I was mindblown xD

Well, I guess that's about all I have xD

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What is your favorite flavor of Fanta that you have tried? Are there any flavors you've heard of that you would like to try?
    I've actually only ever had orange and lemon, so I have no idea how good the other flavours are. Do you have any recommendations?

Hai Gavin ^-^
    You most likely don't know me as I don't leave Sydian's domain often, but it is thanks to you that I joined PokéCommunity. I randomly found a link to your game one day and I fell in love with it the moment I read the thread. So I thought I'd make an account show my support ^^

Then I somehow ended up on Syd's domain and settled there.
    But yeah, I wanted to thank you for working on that amazingly awesome game and for making me join PokéCommunity through it ^^

I admit, at first, I felt a bit intimidated by you and kept my distance, admiring your work from afar. Now I finally found an opportunity to talk to you and thank you, through this thread ^^

I don't really have that many questions and they might be quite random, but here goes:
    Wow I'm always happy that I can bring members to PC, just by showing my work on Phoenix Rising!

What inspired you into making your game?
    I think like everybody, I seen other games I liked and really wanted to do the same. It started off as a bit of a whim, but now it's become something of a mission. It's a game I'll always work on to release, and I really enjoy doing it, even as leisurely as I do. I do really wish to keep it up anyway as game development has become one of my largest interests, and I also studied it in college. I hope to some day have a game that lots of people can enjoy and talk about.

Do you like all things zombie or just "The Walking Dead"? I recently found the time to watch "The Walking Dead", but I love all things related to zombies and a zombie apocalypse xD So I thought I'd ask.
    I really enjoy that post-apocalyptic genre in general, and zombie TV shows, movies, and games are all interesting to me. I recently played both "The Walking Dead" game, as well as "The Last of Us", and I really enjoyed both. So it's certainly a genre I enjoy as a whole.

Do you have any siblings?
    Ah! Something a lot of people don't know about. Despite being 20 now, I have a brother at the age of 3, and a sister who's aged 8.

Did you ever genderbend? I honestly thought you were a woman the very first time I stumbled upon Phoenix Rising, but then I listened to that radio show thingy where you were talking about the game and I was mindblown xD
    I think I gender-bended on my post-bit for about 2 years, I like to keep people guessing!

Thanks for the questions guys.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
    Gavin, why are you so damn attractive and sexy?

What would you do if you ran out of beer?

Come visit Canada sometime maybe?

What would you do if you saw me on the street? :P

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Gavin, why are you so damn attractive and sexy?
    You could ask my Mom maybe, she might know. I mean, take your vitamins and eat your greens!

What would you do if you ran out of beer?
    If I couldn't buy more, I would pray to the Gods that I was drunk enough already.

Come visit Canada sometime maybe?
    I'd love to visit Canada, on top of a lot of other places I haven't been to. I love to travel.

What would you do if you saw me on the street? :P
    Assuming I recognized you, I'd probably say hello, shake your hand and introduce myself and so forth.

Years
    I've actually only ever had orange and lemon, so I have no idea how good the other flavours are. Do you have any recommendations?

Me being someone who likes the red fruit flavors, I recommend Strawberry and Black Cherry. Grape is pretty good if you have it in your country, but I've not tried the Grapefruit, Peach, Apple, and Pineapple of the flavors available here in the States (though I typically don't like things with those flavors anyway). As for orange soda drinks I think I like Jarritos Soda Orange, Jones Soda Orange, and the glass-bottled Orange Crush to the Orange Fanta (mostly because I prefer the flavor of soda in glass bottles for some reason).

Anyway, have you ever seen snow in person before? it's a curiosity of others that I have since I expect copious amounts of snow each winter season where I live

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Gav!

Gav?

Hello?

You there?

No but seriously, what do you believe is the most important element of a serious, long-term relationship? Do you feel like you're relationship material? What's one moment of personal growth you can recall?

And finally..

Magic, Strength, or Stealth?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Me being someone who likes the red fruit flavors, I recommend Strawberry and Black Cherry. Grape is pretty good if you have it in your country, but I've not tried the Grapefruit, Peach, Apple, and Pineapple of the flavors available here in the States (though I typically don't like things with those flavors anyway). As for orange soda drinks I think I like Jarritos Soda Orange, Jones Soda Orange, and the glass-bottled Orange Crush to the Orange Fanta (mostly because I prefer the flavor of soda in glass bottles for some reason).

Anyway, have you ever seen snow in person before? it's a curiosity of others that I have since I expect copious amounts of snow each winter season where I live
    WHO LIKES ORANGE SODA? KEEELL LIKES ORANGE SODA
    I think I've seen Grape, not sure I've seen any of the other flavours though, I might try it out. You seem to know a lot about soda! Haha, though yeah I'll let you know how the tasting experience goes!

That's funny that you ask that actually, I was playing a drinking game with some friends last night, and we ended up playing "I Never", we decided to use an app for some questions and one of them was "I never seen snow in person before." Buuuut anyway, yeah quite a lot of times actually. I've been skiing in three countries now, and it's been one of my favourite things to do, ever. I'd rather go skiing for a week with friends than most other things you could conjure up. I've also seen snow here a good few times, it often rains during Christmas and so on. I was speaking to a friend recently about a very profound moment I had around last Christmas actually. I was walking down this street in Dublin City, it had just hit nightfall, and I went into Butler's chocolatier's to purchase a white hot chocolate. There was a man singing the most perfect rendition of My Way. As if the cliché couldn't push itself any further, specks of snow began to glitter throughout the pedestrian street that I was idly passing through. It was around then that I last seen snow.

Hi Gav!

Gav?
    Yeah?

Hi?

You there?
    Not sure.

No but seriously, what do you believe is the most important element of a serious, long-term relationship? Do you feel like you're relationship material? What's one moment of personal growth you can recall?
    Trust is a massive thing. Though to be true, it depends on the people within the relationship. If you're the kind of person who doesn't do well with allowing your partner to do things without you, or meet up with friends, or even go out at night, you're an issue. If you're not prepared to let a person live their life and pursue their interests, and live their life the way they want to live it, while you do the same, then you're not ready to be in a relationship, it'll cause heartache. So I guess that's another aspect of making it work; your own mentality. Love is strongest when each person is at their best, when they work on themselves. Of course, connection is a massively important aspect of a healthy relationship, however connection is most powerful when it's not attempted to be a frequent thing. Too much time spent together can become over-bearing, we're humans, and ultimately while we're beings of compassion, we're also designed to be individuals. So harvesting love for one another is best done in conjunction with leading a normal healthy, and ultimately, independent lifestyle. Getting too invested in a relationship isn't the best idea, no matter how much in love you may be, just never lose sight of who you are.

Magic, Strength, or Stealth?
    Stealth. In every sense of the word.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    If you magically ended up stuck inside a game world, which game would you wanna be stuck in? Why?

Would you wish to be a particular character in said game world or simply your own self?

Would you be a protagonist, the "hero" of the story, the antagonist or a secondary character?

Are my questions too weird? .-.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Totally not double posting here >.>

How do you manage to find time for all of your usual activities? Just how skilled are you in time management?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Finally getting back to this, I promise to try and be more punctual with my replies in future...

Q
    from †Dementia†
    If you magically ended up stuck inside a game world, which game would you wanna be stuck in? Why?

A
    I love this question. There are so many worlds I would love to escape to. Most of them are from books, but video games have a lot of crazy and beautiful worlds too. I guess one thing that comes to mind would be Hyrule, and in particular, the Hyrule seen in Zelda: Skyward Sword. That game is really colourful, and I couldn't imagine not being happy within it. I would also love to be somewhere in Tamriel, Skyrim probably. I like vast areas, that I can get lost in and explore. Skyrim would be perfect for that. Columbia from Bioshock: Infinite is another big one. If I were to choose something more urban, I guess my first choice would be the world that you see in The Witcher 2 series. I'm aware that there's a lot of landscape in those games too, but the world is pretty populated, the cities are huge and interesting. I love the artistic style, and I always feel immersed when playing The Witcher 2.

Q
    from †Dementia†
    Would you wish to be a particular character in said game world or simply your own self?

A
    I don't think there's been many characters that I have related to in any of those games. I guess I would love to live life in Link's shoes for a while, not too long though. I can imagine the stress of having to save the world making one go crazy. With games like Skyrim, you kind of play as yourself anyway, or who you want to be. I think that would make me more comfortable, I love a new world when I can see myself in it, so I would like to experience them with my personality, my body.

Q
    from †Dementia†
    Would you be a protagonist, the "hero" of the story, the antagonist or a secondary character?

A
    I always see myself as a secondary character in things. While leadership and responsibility is pretty interesting, it could get quite laborious. I love to take charge when I think I can, but I would rather play A role, and not THE role. I always prefer to pave my own path, and if that leads me to being a hero, it won't be a purposeful endeavour.

Q
    from †Dementia†
    Are my questions too weird? .-.

A

Of course not, I very much enjoy your questions!

Q
    from †Dementia†
    How do you manage to find time for all of your usual activities? Just how skilled are you in time management?

A

I am terrible at time management. I am always procrastinating. There's loads of responsibilities I have laying on the way side at any given time... I wish there were more hours in the day as I need more time to do the things I want to do, but also could do with more time to sleep. Time management is my biggest flaw, and I really need to rectify that.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really love your name, is there any specific meaning why you chose it?
    Firstly, thank you! This is actually a bit of a story, so sit tight! People might think I'm odd for attaching meaning to the username I choose, but I guess it's something I just don't take half measures with, ever since I did first change my username. When I was about 16 years of age, I went through a lot of problems. I used to be very popular in school, I had plenty of friends and did ~well with the ladies~, and so on. Eventually, I began to have a lot of bi-polar episodes. From this stemmed a lot of issues with myself, and I began to lose friends. I was very unsure of who I was, and what I wanted to be. So I began to deny myself, I started to disbelieve in myself. This is where "Abnegation" was born, or "self denial" if you will, hence that username. For a long while I went through this stage, it would be two or so years before I would get out of it. I changed my name to "Come Clarity" for some time also. This was due to the same reasons, I wanted it to be clear in my mind, who I was, I begged for clarity, I wanted nothing more than things to be clear in my mind again. That was part of the sort of "Abnegation" arc, if you will. Now that I'm going to be 21 next year, I'm very much aware of who I am. This leads me to actually answering your question...

My current username "stranger" is based on one thing, which is part of many reasons: who I am. While I have a lot of very close friends, it's hard for them to pin-point every aspect of me, there's nobody who knows me inside out, and I like that. I like to believe that I can just disappear one day, to a new country, new job, and not tell anyone that I'm going beforehand. I would find that easy to do. Despite how much I love the people around me. I love my independence, and keeping parts of me to myself make me comfortable. I prefer to be restrained in many ways, while being very out-going. It's very rare that I will sit down and talk about my emotions with anyone, if I do that, then I must really care.

I've always believed that you cannot connect with someone until you see their vulnerabilities. No matter how close I am with my friends and family, and some people love me a whole lot as I love them, but there's one vulnerability that they all see; there are sides to me they don't understand or see, and when they do, I am a stranger. And I like that.[/div]

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Shiet. And to think all I thought before going for this name was 'Sakazuki is a muthafukin badass in One Piece so I'll be a badass', lmfao.

What're you doing as of now? Profession-wise, I mean? Happy with it? What plans do you have for future?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Shiet. And to think all I thought before going for this name was 'Sakazuki is a muthafukin badass in One Piece so I'll be a badass', lmfao.

What're you doing as of now? Profession-wise, I mean? Happy with it? What plans do you have for future?
    Yo, totally late in getting back to this! But right now, I'm in university doing another degree. I finished one in Game Development, and I didn't really feel that was the way I wanted to go in a strict sense. I haven't touched a game engine since I finished my course, really. My new course is Multimedia Programming & Design. Which I'm really enjoying. Right now I'm working on a few projects both for uni and clients. I'm making a (very) short animated film about the nursery rhyme "The Crooked Man", but I'm actually making it really dark and sinister. I'm also working on a few websites, one for a painter, one for a musician (I'm also doing some artwork for his album/single releases), and one for a plasterer (really random).

I hope to graduate and move to San Francisco. I was hoping to transfer there this Autumn, but it seems unlikely. So I'm hoping to go there for a Summer for work, and again for 6 months in my 3rd year for work again. Hopefully by then I'll have grips with the city and be able to move entirely to be a designer/web designer.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Dear Gavin. Where has your rank badge gone?

Back