• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tiger Electronics

Years
  • Tiger Electronics

Tiger Electronic handheld games dominated the 90s; They were cheap plastic games that simulate motion by lighting up different parts of the fixed image. Did you play any of these games? If so, did you... enjoy any of them? (yeah, like anybody would)

As a side note, Tiger also made other electronic devices such as gamecom and R-zone, though needless to say, they all flopped hard.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Loh yeah I read about them, macdonalds usually has theses kind of cheap plastic gaming handhelds as their toys in the happy meal, they weren't bad but a little non responsive.

Years
  • I don't think I owned one them but I can't be sure. I think the first video game I ever played was a "Game & Watch", but there might have been a Tiger game that I have forgotten about ;). Even if they in many ways were the "bottom of the barrel" I don't think many kids back then minded the lack of any real graphics and gameplay - you let your imagination do 98 % of the job and the colorful artwork on the sides of the screen the remaining 2 %.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I used to own those LCD games as a kid; I think I've played Gozilla while I was in New York, and it was strangely addicting. But too be honest, compared to the Game Boy back then, I never really liked those Tiger Electronic games, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I never owned any, probably because they were mainly targeted at boys so no one ever thought to get me one. Glad I was spared the torture though.

Years
  • I remember having one of these based on the Lion King, and one for the Wheel of Fortune. I don't even want to count how many hours I spent playing the Wheel of Fortune one, and it got to the point that I was playing puzzles for the 5th or 6th time before the battry finally died out. I know that we've got much better games available on smartphones, tablets, etc., but I'd love the chance to play that Wheel of Fortune game again, just because of how much fun I had playing it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Haha I wasn't born until '95 so no. I started on the Nintendo 64 and either the gameboy or Gameboy Color was my first handheld. I do however remember the little handhled games BK used to see with the Big Kids' meals. I would spend hours on those things.

Back