• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mods

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    mods, how often do you use them for video games? or maybe you try and avoid them? :3

what has been your favorite mods and least favorite? c:

(move/delete/lock if it's violating something)

P.S, try not to include inappropriate stuff like this:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Every now and then, I do mod games, but mostly those that I've downloaded on PC. d: Console games are pretty difficult to hack, as you'd usually have to go through a lot of process to achieve even the smallest thing. If you have cheating devices such as Action Replay, though, then it shouldn't be much of an issue. Anyway, last game I remember modding was GTA IV; installed some car pack, haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I really don't mod things much, even on my PC - I kind of make a point of wanting to experience the original of everything. Same reason I stick with default names and such, because I like to see what the creators wanted me to see in a game.

Although I did use add-ons for World of Warcraft when I played it that allowed me to raid better, but I'm not sure that counts.

Years
    The only game I really mod is probably The Sims 3, and that's mainly because it's nigh impossible to play without a good Story progression. EA's default is terrible. Plus, I like being able to edit Sims easily, and maintain my town efficiently.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    I've downloaded so many Minecraft mods that my friends tease me about it. I think I currently have 43 active, counting those that came with Forge. My favorites are aesthetic mods, because I work in creative mode more often than not and don't have much need for tools or weapons.

I've also downloaded texture mods for a few other games, such as Audiosurf. I'm in love with the idea of customizing things and making them feel like my own.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Counting ROM hacks and similar stuff among mods -- I've already touched on how much I enjoy Super Mario RPG Revolution. There are also a few other RPG difficulty-adjustment mods out there that are pretty good, such as the one made for the NES Final Fantasy made by zzonkmiles, which also changes a few spells and fixes a decent number of bugs (the original NES Final Fantasy was a horribly buggy piece of work). Even Pokemon Kaizo Blue isn't that bad considering what they were going for.

Plus, I could probably go on for hours about at least one particular custom level pack for Lemmings.

Years
    I usually try to avoid mods, but there are some pretty cool ones out there that give new a ton of new ways to play a game, like SiNist3R's Gran Turismo hybrid mod. I really liked this mod because it let you swap parts between different cars (engine, gearbox etc) and even customize your transmission. Without this mod, car customization is extremely limited, only the tires, dampers and downforce are changeable.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I mod just about everything. D:

At first it's mostly clothing/hair packs, guns/ammo packs, different weapons in general.. Customization things, really. I don't want to mess with the game's story before I even play it, but I am a fan of cute things. And guns. <3

After I beat a game, I'll take bigger mods into account, sometimes just to try them. It didn't last long, but for a couple days playing Fallout 3 again with a zombie apocalypse mod + "Real Time Settler" + something about grabbing anybody as a companion + adding cooking, New Vegas style.. made for a pretty neat experience. For a few days or so.
    With Sims, I'll wait about a week or so on the base game before I add bigger things to it or do more than console commands. I still want to experience the original, but let's face it, Sims gets boring real fast without a lot of help from the mod community.

Skyrim was the exception. I pulled out the stupid "arrow to the knee" dialogue from the get-go.

And new guns/ammo/etc weapons are usually my faves. Especially when the mods actually resemble its real-life counterpart more than the ones in the game. Or just to add in personal favorites that didn't come with the game. Ya know? :3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I never ever ever ever ever mod. Mostly becase if I try to do anything on my laptop it overheats and tries to kill me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I sometimes use mods if I feel something is lacking or the "finished product" is lacking in some way. I also use mods that introduce a lot of bugfixes.

TSLRCM is my favorite mod, it really makes KotOR 2 better in a lot of ways.

Yukari

I like mods, but I don't really play many considering my rather small library of PC games, aside from that I sometimes just want to play the vanilla game, unless the mod optimizes prefomance. But I love making mods, Particularly Minecraft mods. (People cave done some really crazy **** with that game.) As for my favorite mod... I guess I don't have one...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've only modded a handful of PC games (usually those with a large modding community), Skyrim being my most modded one. My favorites were probably the Hunting Guild Mod and a Dark Brotherhood mod (the name escapes me, it's been a while since I played). The Dark Brotherhood is my favorite faction in TES, but the length of the questline in Skyrim was kind of disappointing, as well as the "Dark Brotherhood Forever" radiant quests, so I found this mod that basically added a few new quests and members to the Dawnstar Sanctuary.

I also hated how all children looked the same in Skyrim regardless of gender, so I got a mod that gave them new faces. I didn't mind so much before, but with the addition of Hearthfire I kind of cared a little more how the kids looked.

Then also some UI, aesthetic and weapon/armor mods. My laptop can't really run graphics mods well though, which sucks because the game could look so much better.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    i don't play much computer games or anything, but we have some mods for SSBB on the wii, like new weapons, moves, side-steps, everything. it was pretty legit, but in the end we played brawl originally since it was already perfect without mods. :3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    I love mods way too much. I've spent more time hunting for Oblivion mods than I have actually playing the game XD

My favorite types of mods are those that tweak the gameplay; for example, I've got a mod in Oblivion that lets me de-nock an arrow instead of having to shoot it. It's the little things, really.

I don't like "overhaul" mods that drastically change things though. If I want to play a different game, I'll play a different game.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Only game I've ever modded was Minecraft! I've looked into modding games like Skyrim but I just don't know enough about them to do it confidently and I don't like risking losing data/breaking the game for it, especially when there's lots of stuff to download whilst doing it and I don't even know how to change the game back after. I can *just about* manage it with Minecraft despite there being very clear instructions on how to do so, so I'm in no way looking to do it more right now!

TY

I've been using mods for older games for quite some time as most of them have some really good content, like Mental Omega for C&C Red Alert 2 and ShockWave for Generals Zero Hour. Both of the mods I mentioned are really, REALLY good imo, offer a lot of new things and besides that, they keep me playing the older games x3

Back