• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gilded Halls ★ IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
30u7rqd.png

Gilded Halls
a sandbox roleplay ★ rated 'teen'

GM: Magic

This is the IC thread. Please go here to look for available spaces and sign up.

Current Event: Elements 101

rules to abide by:

Spoiler:

the school grounds:

102qjcz.png
2lx9k69.png

Gilded Hall's covers a large estate, with large front and rear gardens as well as a separate, housing lodge. The front of the building has large gates, an extravagant frontage and an elegant fountain. The entrance leads in to the entrance hall, a two-story room - a marble floor sets the scene for the regal building, with a welcome desk directly in front of the double oak doors.

13ys10.png
izx66a.png

Inside the main building, are a number of important rooms. To the right of the entrance is the school library, with high bookshelves and a small study area outside. Above the library is one of the private teaching rooms, which you may eventually gain access too - but will generally be off limits.

To the other side of the entrance hall are the two classrooms. Classroom A is mostly kept clear, with counters around the outside and lots of space. Classroom B (pictured) has group seating and desks. There is also another door to the rear garden.

Above the entrance hall is the Headmaster's Office (clearly, out of bounds) and the Nurse's office, which you are free to go to in case of an emergency.

2yxn043.png
2r3dqo6.png

The path from the classroom exit leads to Valor Lodge - the residence housing provided at Gilded Halls. In this building, decorated mostly in wood paneling, is a communal eating area, male and female bathrooms and the upstairs is dedicated to bedrooms. Each bedroom has similar features - bedding, a wardrobe and random decorations - you may customise how your bedroom looks with your partner.

kqeko.png
2emie6a.png

The outside area of Gilded Halls had been under refurbishment. The pool, making a return, is overlooked by the study area. Further back, surrounded by trees, is a small arena - this has many different uses, the teachers will be changing the purpose of this area often. A new feature of the gardens is a small shed, with some vegetable and flower patches for any green fingered students. Finally, right at the back, is a small gate - a short path through the forest and you'll emerge at a small, rural village. Yes, this time I will let you go off site (at certain times of day).​

available npcs:
Sir Night (The Headmaster): Normally locked away in his office, you're unlikely to see the headmaster around school. Very rarely, pupils may be invited to his office - however, this will likely be forced and not a fun occasion.
Appearance: 5'10", short, dark-brown hair, dark-brown eyes, suits with assorted coloured ties.
Ability: Teleportation and limited Clairvoyance.

Miss Castleton: Miss Castleton is gangly, dark-haired lady in her mid-thirties. Acting as the main teacher in Gilded Halls, if there is ever anyone present at your lessons it will likely be Miss Castleton. Due to her abilities, she also fills the roll of caretaker and may be seen tending to the grounds.
Appearance: 5'11", pale, long, black-hair, blue eyes, normally wears black dresses, witch.
Ability: Spacial Distortion - Secret Vault.

Ms Fallcrest: The school nurse, Ms Fallcrest is an older woman who normally resides in her office on the first floor. Tasked with the pupils well-being, she is something of a matron of Gilded Halls and is always available to talk to pupils in need.
Appearance: 5'3", olive toned skin, short (greying) brown hair, hazel eyes, likes to wear cardigans and comfortable clothes.
Ability: Immune booster.

Simon: Ms Fallcrest's beloved, blue-grey pet cat, Simon has the freedom to roam the school. He's normally found chasing butterflies in the flower garden, although he doesn't like groups of noisy pupils.
Ability: Intangible Cuteness.​

the students of valor lodge:

Room 1:
(Adrian) Tiberius Drake (Particle Acceleration)
Elias Cox (Airbender Elias)

Room 2:
Ashley Cooper (The Copycat)
Rachel Halland (Elsa)

Room 3:
Kevin Blake (Electro-boy)
Hilda Gard (The Alchemist)

Room 4:
Andrew Steele (The Floater)
Zachary Agatio (Hot Tween)

Room 5:
Ginerva Morrigan (The Phaser)
William Bhransht (The Eagle)

Room 6:
Dominic Irving (The Almost-Immortal)
Ross Wilson (The Shadow)

Room 7:
Otenise Uraomote (The Mystery)

Room 8:
Clay Rogers (The Light-Weight)
Priscilla Bellerose (The Medic)

event 1:

Registration (9:00-12:00)

"Welcome to Gilded Halls," the gate guard announced, opening the huge, black, metal gates to the taxis, cars and wanderers as they arrived. Some travelled alone, others were dropped at the school by their families. One by one, the new residents of Gilded Halls clambered out of their vehicles.

As the group walked down the gravel pathway, they were greeted by a tall, solid oak door - detailed carvings lined the edge, accentuated the historic feature. Today, the door was propped open, revealing a large entrance hall and a small, serious looking woman, waiting for her new cohort. Her uniform was unmistakable - unless all the teachers of this school dressed up as nurses.

"Welcome, welcome" as she greeted each student at the desk her serious expression turning quickly to that of a happy parent. Being the matron of Gilded Halls, these children were hers to care for over the coming term.

"Please come in," she continued, making small talk with the students and their families. Ms. Fallcrest had worked in schools most of her life, she could see the nervousness in her new pupils; the parents were equally nervous.

The reception desk, a long stretch of marble counter, was covered with small gift bags. Each bag contained necessities for the students - their card key, a map of the school, a school time table and (for those who forgot) some simple hygiene supplies.

"I am afraid the headmaster is out on business today, however, he is due back tomorrow morning to greet you. Please head inside, when you hear the bell later, the lunch will be served in the garden."

Event conditions:
  • Once on school ground, you may not leave (just yet!).
  • All areas within school grounds are accessible, bar the private teacher areas.
  • You do not have to arrive in any particular order, but are free to mention spotting people who have already posted.
  • If you are worried about 'losing time' and getting out of sync, try using time-stamps (09:00, etc.) to explain 'then' and 'now'.
  • In _______ a dedicated lunch time will occur, followed by the first lesson.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Ashley and Rachel
A Fresh Start

It had been a long drive from the airport, but thankfully, the two, young girls on the backseat of the small car had managed to get a good bit of sleep during their flight from the US. Ashley was tapping her foot almost impatiently against the floor of the car, staring out the window at the scenery whizzing past, her head resting in the palm of her hand.

After another several silent minutes, she glanced to her left at the red-haired girl sitting with her, offering her a bright smile. "So, Rachel! I think we're almost there. You as excited for this as I am?"

Rachel, who had been staring out her own window, almost as if she were in a daze jumped slightly at the sound of Ashley's voice. The red-haired girl looked over at her friend, offering her a soft smile as she nodded in response.

"Yeah... I mean, it's sort of like a fresh start, right?" she asked, her voice soft like usual. "It's a bit nerve racking though... I mean, all new people and an all new place..." She paused, chewing on her bottom lip for a moment. "A-Are you sure you wanted come too? I mean, I know you got an invitation too, but... you had a lot more friends and stuff back home."

Ashley let out a 'Pfft' and rolled her eyes, waving her hand dismissively. "Those weren't friends any more than the jocks were with the cheerleaders back at school. Everybody there just seemed like they wanted something for themselves." She shook her head with her raven-black hair billowing a little as she did. "Nah, this is alot more exciting. We get to go to a completely different country, taste the food here, meet people from all around the world from the sounds of things. How boring would I be if I'd said no?"

Rachel seemed to perk up a bit from hearing her friend so sure about her choice to come along to the school with her. "I wonder what sort of people are going to be here, anyways... I heard that the people that go to these sorts of schools are usually really rich and a bit snobby... You don't think they'll actually be like that... do you?"

"Well, considering we're neither of those things, and we got invited..." Ashley commented, sending her friend a wry smile, shifting a little around in her seat to better face her. "... I mean, there might be. The brochure said there'd be people from all over the world, so there's bound to be a couple of weirdos, but we won't let that deter us!" She gave another bright, cheerful smile before her expression turned a little more serious. "Uh, Rachel, you'll be able to... hold back for a while, right? There's probably gonna be a reception and stuff when we get there, might be a while until we get to where we'll be staying."

Rachel's eyes cast downward for a moment. It was hard for the girl to forget that even with these new changes that were happening for them, that she still had to deal with one major issue herself, the very reason her parents had been slightly unsure of even letting the girl attend the school in the first place... namely, her powers. In fact, there had almost been an incident during the girls' trip to Europe in the first place.

It had been on the flight when it happened. Rachel had to excuse herself from her seat to visit the restroom for a moment. Everything seemed to have been fine at first. That was, until Ashley had noticed that Rachel had been gone for a bit too long for just a bathroom run. The raven-haired girl was a bit worried about her missing friend, but she was relieved to find that she was alright... save for the fact that Rachel had somehow managed to freeze the handle and get herself locked inside the room. It was more than a bit embarrassing for the red-haired girl, but luckily, no one on the flight was able to put two and two together.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Rachel offered her friend a small nod. "Y-Yes, I'll be okay... If I feel something wrong, I'll let you know..."

Truth be told, Rachel felt a bit more worried about her friend than herself. A part of her was already starting to feel as if she was just giving Ashley something else to worry about. After all, she imagined it probably was not easy having a friend with such a unique problem as her. She was actually curious as to if her powers were part of the reason why her parents let her go to Europe... Maybe they were tired of the problems she caused with them.

Ashley's hand suddenly grabbed Rachel's, once again snapping the girl out of her thoughtful state. The black-haired girl smiled understandingly at her friend, clearly having sensed her worry and uncertainty. "It'll be fine, Rachel. And if anything happens, we'll make up a story to fool everyone." The girl gave a mischievous little grin, giving her friend's hand a comforting little squeeze.

"Looks like we're here, girls!" an older woman's voice called, glancing up at the two girls through the rear view mirror. She was a bit of a shorter, slightly more rounded woman. She had curly long hair that was easily as red as Rachel's, probably meaning that the woman was her aunt. "Gilded Halls is just ahead! I bet you two must be absolutely excited, huh?"

"Ooh!" Ashley proclaimed, letting go of Rachel's hand to scoot up to the window again, peering out as the large, estate-like building came into full view, complete with the large fence around the entire school's grounds. "This looks like something straight out of a story book. It's -huge-."

The car pulled up by the sidewalk, several other vehicles having made their way here as well. After pulling to a stop, Ashley unhooked her seatbelt and scurried out of the car with a bright, curious smile on her face, taking in a deep breath of air, planting her hands on her hips. "... This is gonna be really cool."

Rachel slid out of the car behind her, taking a look around for herself. There were a lot of people here, many kids their own age as well as those younger and older. She had not expected there to be so many gathering here at what was supposed to be a private academy of sorts. The red-haired girl fixed her gaze to the ground, trying her best to blend into the crowd so as not to make her nervousness in the whole situation as well known.

Her aunt seemed to pick up on this. She frowned at the sight of her niece, rolling down the passenger-side window. "Ashley, dear? Can you come here for a quick second?"

"Huh?" Ashley replied, blinking a little as she turned back to the car. Stepping closer, she leaned down with raised brows. "What's up, Mrs. Jennings?"

"I know you probably don't need to be told this... But, stick close to Rachel," the woman began. "This is a new place for both of you, and I know you may both feel a bit anxious, but... for Rachel, this is almost like a whole new experience. She was just a little girl the last time she was around so many people and well... she's not exactly like others to begin with..."

The black-haired girl glanced back at her friend before looking to the woman in the car again. Part of her wanted to be snarky and a little rude about it, considering that she felt that she, more than anyone, knew about Rachel's 'special quirk', but she knew that Rachel's family only wanted the best for her. She offered the woman a smile and nodded her head softly. "Don't worry Mrs. Jennings, I'll look after Rachel. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't?" With that, she offered the woman a smile and stood up again, turning and scurrying over to Rachel's side. "Rachel, wait up!"

Rachel smiled softly at the approaching Ashley, allowing the girl to catch up to her. Her aunt smiled at the two, hoping everything would work out okay for her niece and her best friend. After the two girls got their luggage from the trunk of the car, they bid farewell to the woman and began to make their way towards the gate of Gilded Halls...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
the airbender; elias cox;; i
3PbsMv2.png

Elias' eyes flutter. He wipes away and sniffles the leftover of his seasonal nasal drainage and turns over. His eyes are cracked and instead of receiving the expected cool, blue dawn morning sun that usually shines in through the window of whatever inn he stayed at the evening before, he is greeted with harsh, post-7'o'clock light. His eyes dart toward the alarm clock on the nightstand adjacent to his half foot high bed, but he has to crane to see the time. It is as he expects: 8:46am and he has missed not only his alarm, but his wake up call and is now late for registration. Well ♥♥♥♥. Elias throws the comforter off him and leans up in bed, wiping the fatigue from his eyes to no avail. He reaches for the knapsack beside his bed to find an outfit for the day, and upon finding nothing clean, he lets out a sigh. I probably should have planned an outfit or something for today, shouldn't I?

He tosses the knapsack on the floor. He won't let anything bog him down because only two things are at the forefront of his mind right now and they aren't school, but instead possibly the two most important things in the world: his morning coffee and the previous night's premiere of Fargo. The latter was a spinoff of a movie that had become one his favorite, as they had taught him not to take things with a heavy heart and overreacting to any situation will do more harm than good. Indeed the characters in Fargo were ever unperturbed to any of the happenings in the city. Find a dead deer in the trunk of a car in a ditch? No big deal. Find a man stripped to his undergarments frozen in the woods? That's nothing. What about murder? Happens on a regular basis; no sweat! Truly Elias believes he has learned very valuable lessons, though he doesn't have plans to murder anyone anytime soon. While that might change whence school starts, there's no plans yet. Said lessons had carried him just weeks before to respond to his academy invitation with the inclusion of a note that forewarned the school of him being "fashionably late to 97% of my classes." The school responded very quickly, debunking these notions with a strong statement that he would be "handled accordingly" if he were to purposely be late to any classes. He responded once more with an apology for his body being unable to properly awaken to an alarm clock. When the school wrote off another reply, he had already moved hotels so the letter was lost in oblivion. Unfortunate.

Upon reassessment, he realizes that registration is from nine to twelve, and that nobody in their right mind would arrive three hours ahead of time, so he decides to take his time and when Elias takes his time, he tucks and runs with it. He skips a shower due to having nothing clean, gathers his belongings - three outfits, an oversized black cardigan, a pair of headphones larger than a 1980's bagphone, a journal, and a couple of other loose trinkets, and waits for the clergyman at the front desk to reach down for some documents before hurdling himself from the lobby.

The inn is a few miles from the Academy, and the first taxi in Elias' area doesn't run for another twenty minutes, so he takes a few extra minutes visiting a coffee shop. At the counter, he eyes an attractive gentleman and an equally attractive girl chatting and paying little mind to him. Thrice he tries to order, but they ignore him entirely. He notes the lack of customers in the shop, and probably for a good reason, and finally a third man appears from a back room. When he tries to get the man's attention, he ducks down for something under the counter. Elias rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath, motioning his hand forward and then to the side, as if reaching into the opposite pocket. A gust of air pats the girl's butt and she whips around, howling at the third man, "What the hell!" She kicks at him regardless of his bewildered expression. The man she had been speaking to is left alone when she chases her "assaulter" to the back room. Elias smiles at the man. "Uh... what can I do for you?" Elias leans in, grabbing the top of the barista's apron. "Try working on your customer service, would ya?"

Elias departs the coffee shop a few minutes later, black coffee in hand. Three doors down from the coffee shop is a small boutique, though you could probably refer to it as mainly a uniform store as that's what's on display in the glass windows and a minority of the clothes inside are anything but khaki pants and polos. A good twenty minutes of searching and conversing with employees who are a little more responsive than the baristas yields him with a blue collared sweatshirt and a few patterned ties and shirts. While not everything is not paid for in full, there are other simple compromises taking place with new monetary value. A quick change and Elias is finally on his way to the academy, catching a 9:40 cab, which takes him past a mysterious-looking village, and right up to the shimmering black gates of Gilded Halls.

Dusty gray pathways lead into a beautifully tended garden punctuated with a high-rising water fountain. Elias checks his watch by the fountain. Only 9:58. I think I made pretty damn good time.

Elias bypasses the students chatting idly with their parents, friends from the previous year, and Miss Fallcrest. The reception desk has gift bags and that's what I'm all about. He finds the bag marked with "ERC" and picks it up, retrieving the card key to his room. He makes his way to the provided housing and once in his room - bland and uninviting, reminding him much of Lester Nygaard's community from Fargo - he flops down on the bed, surprisingly comfortable, and tries to drift off to sleep after convincing himself there'll be more time to socialize later.

Last edited:
Years
Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla yawned and flipped through the pages of her book absently, trying to ignore the advice that her parents had for her. School wasn't exactly the same as their "business". School was just... school. At least, that's what she's seen on TV. Television showed her all the things that she couldn't see herself, so it had to be true. Hopefully there wasn't a mean girl, or people randomly bursting into song. That would just be weird. Priscilla looked down at her shoes and frowned. What if they think that I'm weird? she thought sadly. She looked up, noticing that her parents were quiet. They had finally stopped talking. Now was her chance to say something. "Hey, Mom..." she started to say. Her mother frowned.

"Haven't you heard of being seen and not heard, Priscilla?" she snapped. Priscilla looked at the ground, twirling a bit of curly hair around her finger. "Sorry, mother," she muttered. She looked out of the window and tapped her fingers on her book. She noticed that her teddy bear had fallen on the floor of the car and picked it up. She hugged it and sighed softly.

"We're here," her father announced from the driver's seat. Priscilla felt her heart stop for a moment. She looked at her bodyguard and sighed. Hopefully he wouldn't be with her the whole time. Wait, of course he wouldn't. Her parents need him more than she does. Priscilla closed her eyes and waited for the car to stop. She almost wished that she could say that she would miss her parents, but why would she miss them? They had left her practically alone most of her life. It would almost be a relief to have them gone.

Priscilla felt the car stop and heard a door open. She opened her eyes and saw that her bodyguard was going to the trunk to get her things. She looked at her parents. This is supposed to be where the emotional goodbye goes, isn't it? They didn't look that emotional. In fact, it looked like they couldn't wait to get away from here. Figures. They were used to sneaking around, not being in open spaces. Priscilla rolled her eyes and held her teddy bear tighter. She opened the door and stepped out of the car, making sure that she had her book. Her bodyguard walked over to her, carrying all of her things.

"Let's get you to your room, Miss Bellerose," he said. He glanced at the car. "I think your parents want to leave now," he added under his breath. Priscilla sighed. Of course they did. She opened her book and started reading it, blocking out everything around her. Just stay focused on your book, and may they won't notice you, she repeated over and over in her mind. She kept her eyes locked on her book and followed her bodyguard. She bumped into him and looked up, blinking when she saw that she was already at her room. Her bodyguard somehow managed to open the door, even with his hands full of bags.

Priscilla walked into the room and sat down on one of the two beds in the room, setting her teddy bear next to her. She started tying her hair into ponytails and looked over at the other bed. Will I have a roommate? she thought, turning to her bodyguard, who set her bags on the floor next to her. He nodded at her and left the room quickly. Priscilla finished fixing her hair and sighed. "Guess I better read," she said softly, picking up her book and turning to where she had left off.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 700px;"]

Kevin Blake - A Sleepy Start

A young red headed boy lay asleep with his head pressed up against the window of a bus. His eyes were shut tight, his mouth was wide open and his hair was now ruffled and untidy, he looked a mess. He had travelled over from Ireland, which wasn't a huge distance in the grand scheme of things but the fact that Kevin had never travelled before along with the fact that he barely gotten any sleep the previous night because of excitement and nerves so it was clear to see why he was exhausted. The bus continued to rumble along before it started to slow down. The bus grinded to a halt just outside Gilded Halls. The unmistakable sound of the air brakes hissed before the bus driver spoke

"Gilded Halls"

He waited for a few seconds but got no response nor did anyone make a move of any kind. The bus driver adjusted his rear view mirror and could see Kevin with his head pressed up against the window, sleeping. The bus driver shook his head before a frown appeared atop his brow and he shouted down the bus.

"Someone wake that kid up!"

The passengers on the bus all set their sights towards Kevin and they waited and watched as the person sitting beside Kevin gave him a gentle shake. Kevin awoke with a snort and rubbed his eyes before he looked around the bus and could see that everyone was looking at him. Looking out the window on the opposite side he could see that they had arrived at Gilded Halls. It soon dawned on him that these people as well as the bus driver who was now glaring at Kevin in the rear view mirror were all waiting for him to get off the bus.

"Oh! Sorry … heh" Kevin said nervously as the person sitting beside him stood up and let Kevin out of the seat. He walked down to the front of the bus and looked at the bus driver who was in a fairly sour mood. "Sorry about that, can I … get my luggage?" Kevin quizzed, waiting nervously on the bus driver's response.

"Right! Come on" the bus driver replied as he jumped out of his chair and powered passed Kevin on his way out of the bus. Kevin quickly followed suit and as soon as he had stepped outside, the bus driver was already opening the large luggage compartment at the side of the bus. When it was fully opened he waited impatiently for Kevin to hurry up and grab his bags. Kevin walked over and after some searching he managed to find his bags which were buried amongst the other people's luggage.

"Thanks …" Kevin mumbled quietly to the bus driver. The driver responded with a short grunt and headed back into the bus before driving off. Kevin now stood at the large black gates of Gilded Halls with his luggage in hand.

"Welcome to Gilded Halls!" announced a man standing by the gates to the school. Perhaps a security guard or something? thought Kevin. "Uh, thank you" Kevin responded as he smiled.

He walked past the large black metal gates and into the grounds. The early morning sun beamed down from the sky leaving Kevin almost squinting as he tried to make out his surroundings. He hadn't quite shaken off the tiredness yet. The building itself was magnificent, certainly better than anything Kevin had seen back home. It was fancy that was for sure, it made him wonder how in the world did he manage to get into a place like this. Kevin strolled passed the fountain and decided to head into what looked to be the main building. He was sure to get some more information about what to do next in there.

Kevin entered into the main building and noticed an oldish looking woman standing behind the main desk. She looks pretty official. Maybe she can help me.

"Hi, my name is Kevin. I'm a student here, I think. Um, I was just wondering what should I do now?"

The woman smiled as she looked down at Kevin who was clearly nervous about being here. "Hello there Kevin, my name is Ms Fallcrest. Yes you're are a student here so you'll be needing this". Ms Fallcrest picked up a small bag from the desk and handed it to Kevin. "In there you'll find a card key to your room, a map of the school, a school time table and some simple hygiene supplies."

"Thanks!" Kevin said as he took the bag from Ms Fallcrest before peering inside. Kevin thanked her one more time before he reached into the bag and pulled out the school map. He could see that the dormitories were located a small bit away from the main building, so he decided to go and find his new room first so he could offload some of his luggage.

It didn't take long before Kevin stood in the building which contained the rooms. He stood near the main door and pulled out his card key. Number 3 was clearly displayed on the card so that could only mean one thing. He walked up to the number 3 door and inserted the card, he pulled it out again and turned the handle and the door opened up to reveal his new room for the foreseeable future. He pulled his luggage into the room before he closed door behind him.

It was a simply little room, nothing overly fancy. Inside you could find the kind of things that one might find in a typical dorm room. Desks, beds, some end tables, some very plain art pieces as well as a nice window which was letting in some strong sunlight.

Kevin couldn't help but notice the two beds and desks. Does this mean I'm gonna have a roommate. I hope they're friendly thought Kevin as he unloaded his luggage by one of the beds. Kevin pulled out his school time table and had a quick glance over it. He could see that registration lasted until twelve o clock. This left him more than enough time to relax. He threw the timetable back into the bag before placing the bag down at the bottom of the bed.

He walked over to the window and opened it up, allowing a nice cool breeze to hit his face. He left the window opened and walked over to one of the beds. A quick rest couldn't hurt. I'm still tired from my journey. Yeah screw it, I'm gonna sleep for a while thought Kevin before he climbed into one of the beds and pulled the duvet up around his neck. His mind continued to ponder over the idea of a roommate before these thoughts dispersed as he drifted into a deep sleep.
[/div]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Clay Rogers

Sometimes the world seems electric. Everything is amplified, louder, crisper, more vivid. This morning was one of those days.

Stretching out of his sleepy state, Clay was greeted by the morning sunlight trickling through his unopened curtains. The yellow warmth was a welcome sight - it meant it was finally time to leave. The prepacked suitcases could just be recognised in the shaded corner of the bedroom, confirmation enough for Clay that it hadn't just been an idealistic dream.

The previous night had been an emotional time. Clay, excited at the prospect of leaving his home, was eager to get ready and turn the clocks forward. His mother, however, had other plans - deciding it the perfect evening to cause tension. One last time, eh? Clay had expected no less from her.

The drama started with Clay's adoring grandparents visiting, they had wished to send him off themselves and relish in his youth for a bit longer. That relationship was due to end, by his mother's hand. Clay had watched, his focus not on the secrets and insults his mother so lovingly crucified but the reactions on his loved ones' faces. The first, a glimpse of confusion - narrowing eyes, wrinkled foreheads, pursed lips. Quickly this confusion became disgust, anger, fear, heartbreak. The most painful emotions one can feel take a toll on a person's face; the light in their eyes fade, the colour in their cheeks drain and their lips droop, never able to hold a smile again.

After a torturous hour, Clay returned to his room. The silver key clicked in the lock as he threw the door closed, keeping anymore pain shut out of sight. It was then that he through together his suitcases, packing everything until his bedroom was bare. This was it, he had no intention of coming back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

The engine roared down the motorway, he hadn't waited for a goodbye kiss, or to be wished 'good luck' - after a shower and some final checks, Clay had left. His Mini was the only other thing he needed, and with his foot firmly on the acceleration they sped towards freedom.

Hair blowing in the wind, Clay could not stop smiling. The radio blaring, the warm post-summer sun, everything seemed 'perfect'. Not a second thought had gone out to what this school would be like, the likely essays he would have to complete, the rigorous testing he had heard about in rural private schools - it was all worth it.

As he eased off the main roads, slowly weaving his way around country lanes, Clay's sat-nav eventually spoke, "Turn left in 200 yards, then, you have arrived!" Sure enough, a bricked wall soon came into few behind the bushes. Behind them was his new home, Gilded Halls.

Clay pulled in to the large driveway, after being waved through by a man at the gates, parking his car on the edge of the gravel outside the enormous main building.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

Ashley, Rachel and Clay
Making Friends

After collecting their bags from the back of her aunt's car and bidding farewell to the woman, Rachel and Ashley began to make their way past the gates and into Gilded Hall. Rachel felt a bit nervous as she looked around. Between the airports, plane ride, and now the school, she could not remember the last time she had spent such an extended amount of time with so many crowds of people around. Because of this, the red-haired girl walked relatively close to her friend, almost to the point where she was right on Ashley's heels.

By some amazing feat, Rachel managed not to completely trample over Ashley. The two stepped inside the entrance hall to the academy, Rachel seeming somewhat impressed by the fanciness of it all.

"Ashley... This place is really... big..." she stated in a hushed whisper. "Where are we even s-supposed to be going?"

"Yeah, it is..." Ashley replied, her head tilted a little back as she was still looking around the rather impressive entrance hall. She briefly glanced back at the nurse standing in the entrance, welcoming in students before looking ahead of herself again. Noticing the many bags resting on the desk straight in front of them, the black-haired girl smiled to her friend, hoisting up the trolley she held in her right hand. "Over here, I think."

Stepping over to the desk, the girls began looking over the gift-bags, small nametags printed on the front of them. It took Ashley a little while before she picked out the one meant for Rachel and herself, handing one of them to her friend with a smile. "There we are! Let's see what's inside."

Rachel took the bag from her friend, looking at it curiously. The girl peered inside, slowly rummaging through the bag's contents. She looked up at Ashley, showing the girl all the various contents as she pulled them out before then placing them back inside for safe keeping.

"Let's see..." Rachel said softly. "Um... There's a card key... I guess that's for our room? Um... a map of the school... a time table... and some scented soap and shampoo..."

"Oh, cool!" Ashley exclaimed, opening her own bag and pulling out the map. After unfolding it, looking it over and occasionally glancing up, she nodded and tucked it away in the bag again. "Alright, looks like we need to go down the hallway here, and we should get to another building where our rooms are."

Ashley smiled at Rachel with the excitement shining from her eyes. "Come on, I can't wait to see how we'll be staying!" With that, she lead the red-haired girl down the hallway to the left of the reception's desk, towards the dorm rooms building.

Grabbing the keys from the ignition, Clay jumped out of his car and stood in awe of the grand building before him. The main door was bordered by huge pillars, this place definitely meets expectations thought Clay. Gilded Halls was as extravagant as the invitation had made out.

Picking his main suitcase out of the backseat, swinging it around with ease, Clay locked his car and headed inside. The regal decorations extended into the entrance hall, with a polished marble floor and a sweeping staircase leading upstairs. An older lady stood by the reception desk, handing out gift-packs for new students.

"Clay Rogers?" He inquired, not really sure what to do. She seemed to understand, handing him a bag with his name on and pointing him down the corridor.

"The accommodation is outside, just head in that direction and you'll find it, dear." Her friendly tone helped soothe the nerves that were gradually creeping in, he had yet to meet his peers or his teachers - suddenly this was a lot more daunting. Nevertheless, Clay thanked the woman, Ms Fallcrest, and headed towards the dormitory.

"Ashley, do you remember what our room number was supposed to be...?" Rachel asked as the two girls made their way towards the dormitory. She adjusted the strap of her dufflebag that she carried on her shoulder, making it a bit more comfortable to carry as they walked. "It sort of feels like we should've been there by now..."

"It was a pretty low number, that's for sure. I think we just need to- oh!" The two exited a pair of doors, leading them back out into the sunlight, on a little pathway, flanked by a tree or two and several flowers, leading towards a building just about the same size, if only a little smaller, than the main building. "I guess that's it!" Ashley commented, glancing to her friend, a sudden, playful grin overtaking her features. "... Last one there's a rotten egg!" She exclaimed before picking up her trolley and making a run down the pathway towards the building in front of them.

Rachel's eyes widened as Ashley took off towards the building. She reached out try and stop the girl from running off ahead, but as usual Ashley was already a bit ahead of her. Sighing at the abundant energy the girl displayed as usual, Rachel began to run after her friend as fast as her legs could carry her... which was quite a bit slower than Ashley. It wasn't terribly far to the building, but Rachel admittedly was a very slight bit winded when she reached the girl's side.

"T-That w-wasn't fair, just taking off like t-that..." Rachel huffed, giving her friend a slightly annoyed glance.

Ashley, panting a little as well, although not seeming at all as tired from the brief sprint as her friend, simply giggled and sent her an apologetic smile. "Awh, sorry Rach'. Tell you what, next time, I'll give you a headstart. Deal?"

"O-Okay, but I'm going to hold you t-to it..." Rachel replied, her features quickly changing to give Ashley a small grin. She slowly made her way towards the doors, pushing them open and taking a peek inside. "There's a lot of rooms in here..."

"Whoa..." Came Ashley's voice as she made her way inside along with her friend, into the rather, once again, impressive common hall of the dormitory. There was a large kitchen-and-seating area, a corner with alot of armchairs, couches, a large TV and games, and in the middle, a staircase that seemed to lead up to a second floor, which overlooked the first floor.

The raven-haired girl was awe-struck with the impressive details and the high ceiling, looking rather stunned as she walked into the middle of the room and stared around herself. "This is... so cool. Oh, look Rach', they've got a Playstation!" She exclaimed excitedly, pointing towards the R&R-corner.

Clay pushed open the double doors to the lodge, a modern interior revealed behind the old-style wood paneling. Two girls were also there with luggage, looking just as surprised at the comforts as he was.

"Err... Hi," Clay said, nervously, not wanting to interrupt his new school-mates.

Rachel jumped at the sudden greeting. She quickly glanced around, spotting a boy who was clearly just arriving to Gilded Halls just as they were. She quickly found her eyes look down to the floor, shuffling just a slight behind Ashley in the process.

"U-Um... Oh, h-hello..." the red-haired girl greeted quietly.

Raising her brows in surprise at a new voice behind them, Ashley turned around as well, sending the light-haired boy a smile. "Hey there! You're new here as well, huh?"

"Yeah, it's pretty nice, right?" He looked around the well decorated room, before turning back to the girls, "Clay," he said, introducing himself.

"Ashley," The black-haired girl replied, giving another quick look-around the large room before gesturing back at the red-haired girl half-hiding behind her. "This is Rachel. And yeah, it's pretty... overwhelming, heh. I'm not even sure how we got picked for this place. It just seems a bit... much, for someone completely randomly picked."

"M-Maybe it had to do with g-grades or something?" Rachel asked, glancing up just a little bit.

"Maybe we're just lucky," Clay said, with a cheeky grin. The nervous red-head, Rachel, had made him feel a lot calmer. Everyone was in the same situation, this was new to everybody. "Have you looked around the rest of the place yet?" Clay asked, looking at the map from his welcome pack.

"Oh, no, we just sort of... went straight to here, really. I think we're gonna drop off our luggage, then..." Ashley paused, looking thoughtful before glancing to Rachel. "What do you think, Rach'? Wanna have a look around after getting our stuff in our room?"

Rachel looked up at Ashley, smiling weakly at the girl. It really meant a lot to the red-haired girl that she was putting her possible needs and such first. Still, Rachel did not want to feel like she was being a burden or bore to Ashley. She nodded softly at the girl, readjusting the strap on her bag once more.

"That sounds fine," she responded softly. "I mean, we are gonna be here for a while, so.. t-taking a look around wouldn't hurt. And I'm not feeling too tired j-just yet..."

Ashley smiled at her friend, nodding her head lightly. "Alright, cool. I bet we can find something even more amazing than this room." She looked back at the boy in front of them, seeming as bouncy as ever. "What about you, Clay? You got any plans?"

"I guess I better do the same..." Clay picked up his suitcase, and looked towards the staircase. "Up there?" He asked, shrugging, leading the way upstairs. I wonder how many students there will be? Clay thought to himself, aware that a building this size couldn't be built to house many - unless he was about to walk into a room lined with bunkbeds.

Rachel watched as Clay led the way upstairs. She gave Ashley a soft smile, before slowly following behind the boy. He seemed nice enough. However, that could change if something went wrong with her powers or something. Feeling herself grow nervous all over again, the red-haired girl stopped at the base of the stairs, waiting for Ashley to catch up.

Having taken another moment to look around the massive room, Ashley hurried a little to catch up to the other two, smiling at her waiting, red-headed friend. "I'm guessing so, there's only like, a couple bathrooms down here, so..."

The trio proceeded up the stairs into a balcony-esque hall, stretching out to the sides and around the edges of the main hall below, giving anyone going to and from their rooms a nice overview of downstairs. Ashley fiddled with her giftbag and pulled out the keycard within, looking it over. "Room number... two. Where are you staying, Clay?"

"Room 8," he replied, "it's probably down the other end." He scanned the doors around them, not managing to see it just yet. "Maybe I'll catch you later, I better go put all this stuff away," he waved to the girls as he set off down the corridor, letting himself in to room number 8.

"Alright, see you later Clay!" Ashley smiled and lifted a hand to briefly wave at the guy before heading down the other direction in search for their room.

"He s-seemed nice," Rachel said as the duo moved down the hall. "I w-was a bit worried he might not have been at first... He s-seemed kind of n-nervous at first too..."

"Yeah, he did," Ashley replied, nodding her head lightly as she continued to search for their room. "I think he's just in the same boat as us. Nervous and excited to be here. I mean, we're going to be spending a long time here, so I think that makes sense... oh! Found it!" she exclaimed and pointed at the door coming up, having a number above it and a card reader besides it.

Smiling back at Rachel, Ashley swiped the card, causing the lock of the door to slide back, allowing for her to open the door and scoot inside, holding it open for her friend.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
x
"World 2, Level 1... Or something like that."
CHAPTER I
PART I​
裏表おてにせ
(Otenise Uraomote)

Airport > Entrance Hall > Valiant House, Room 7
- -

Form: "O"​

UHgOVzx.png
[▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮]

"I got it, mom, I got it all!" Otenise groaned, though her mother's cheery smile kept any potential for a foul mood at bay. "I swear, I didn't forget, okay?"

"I dunno," she teased, elbowing her daughter slightly, "you look pretty sleepy to me hun."

Of course, Otenise just had to yawn right then, and she spoke as she exhaled from the yawn, "Aaaaahhhhhshuuuuuutuuuuupp~!" There was a moment of silence, followed by laughter from the both of them. "You know it's because of jet lag."

She rolled her eyes in response. "And you stayed up for the whole flight playing Sonic brothers or something."

Otenise just groaned out her frustrations for several long seconds into one of her rather large travel bags before responding. "Okay mom... First of all, Sonic brothers? Seriously? Second, it was Monster Hunter, and third, I play games when I'm nervous! The plane made me nervous!"

"If that's true you're always nervous," she joked, though this time only she laughed.

"Glad you're so understanding mom," she said, slightly more genuine than she'd intended. "Ugh, school though... Now I won't get to go to E3 and PAX this year! So many awesome games are coming out too..."

"No pouting, O. I'm sure you'll make some friends and have lots of fun. Besides, you're here because of your powers, they might make you even better at it!"

"Yeah right," Otenise continued to pout, "they probably don't don't even know how to play Melee! Nobody beats my Sheik." She paused. "And what are they gonna think of me if we pull up in a limo, with a driver? They'll think I'm some snobby rich brat!"

"Oh don't worry, we'll park a tiny bit away, okay? It's not like your big bags aren't a dead giveaway or anything. In fact, I think we're almost there..."

"Yeah, yeah..." Otenise sighed. "Still, school, just... Ugh." She looked out the window, and sure enough, she could see the gate, and some students getting out of cars. "The windows are tinted, right?"

"I planned ahead hun... Still, I really wish you wouldn't do that so much."

"I know, mom. I know..."

> Entrance Hall​

Brushing her long brown hair to the side and away from her eyes, Otenise closed the limo door, tears welling up in her eyes and she reached through the open window and gave her mother a tight hug. "It'll be okay, hun," she replied, wiping her daughter's tears and smiling warmly. "I'll send your uncle your weekly allowance, so he can convert it to pounds and give it to you, alright?" Otenise nodded, sniffling slightly, but smiling. "Have fun dear. If you can't take the school anymore, you can always call your uncle and stay there until I can pick you up or get you a plane ticket home, so--"

"I'll... I'll be fine, mom, promise. Love ya..." Otenise smiled and gave her mother a tight squeeze, then waved as she left.

"DON'T FORGET TO CALL ME ONCE YOU'VE SETTLED IN TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU'RE DOING...!"

Laughing slightly, Otenise felt a strange mixture of happiness and anxiety. Walking up behind the rest of the group of students, Otenise lugged her giant bags behind her, looking in absolute astonishment at the place... The Gilded Halls. As they reached the entrance hall, she listened half-intently. It was important, sure, but she already felt like she was in school. Speaking of which, what were they gonna do? Write essays on their powers? Yeah right! My power's too lame... What am I supposed to say? 'oh, hey, look, I'm an elf-woman!' What good is that? ... Well, cosplay, but what else??

Otenise grabbed her marked bag and peeked in. Grabbing the key card, she somewhat hurriedly dragged her bags along and quickly made her way to her room.

> Valiant House, Room 7​

"Alright, let's get this outta the way real quick." She exhaled and relaxed herself, giving herself a bit of a break as she opened up her bag. "Lemme see... NES, Super Nintendo, 64, Gamecube, Wii U, 360, and my X-bone... Sweet!" Setting up her collection of games on the dresser on the side of the room she claimed - furthest from the door, closest to the bathroom - she pulled out her collection of games for each and stuffed them into her bottom drawers, setting up a flat screen TV she'd stored away in her giant bag. She examined it for several moments before hooking it up to the wall, plugging in as many of her systems at once as she could. The Xboxes and the Wii U take the HDMI Ports, and the Gamecube and Super Nintendo in the two component setups. She placed her hands on her hips and grinned, proud of her pre-planned setup.

"Right, what's next... Clothes." Opening the smaller bag, she quickly dumped her clothes into the upper drawers, then went back to her bag. She grabbed her hygienic and other bathroom-oriented things and hurried them all into the bathroom. Checking back in her bag again, she found... Well, that's pretty much it for unpacking! "Yess!" She pulled a 3DS XL out of her suit's inner pocket and eyes the notification light. "Nope... No green, no nothing. I figured I wouldn't get any streetpasses. Whatever..." Stuffing it back into her secret in-suit pocket, she jumped as she heard movement up behind the door. Quickly fixing herself up and re-pretty-ing herself, she sat on her bed and awaited what awesome or awful roommate had begun to come through the door. "Dibs on this bed!" She quickly added, content with her hasty claim.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Angelique Bellefleur
Entrance > Valor Lodge > Room 7

A black limousine pulled up to the front of the school. Once Angelique gracefully stepped out of the car, the limo drove off. No goodbyes were exchanged with anybody. Unlike some of the other students here, her parents were far too busy to see their daughter off. It was ok, that was nothing new. Angelique had gotten used to her family not being around, they usually made it up to her some other way. She was on her own for now, but she knew that would change soon. Angelique had no bags with her, aside from her purse. She knew to send her luggage to the school well in advance, so there would be no need to lug around a bunch of heavy suitcases.

Once she was in front of the school, the blonde girl lifted the pink, diamond encrusted sunglasses she was wearing, and took a look at the enormous school building in front of her. The place reminded her of an old castle you would see in movies. She had to admit, it looked much better in person than it did in the pictures. "Oh, Très Bien! If it is as nice on the inside as it is on the outside, I think I am going to like it here." The first thing she did after she entered the building, was grab the gift bag with her name on it. Inside was her room key. She wanted to mingle with the other students, but first she needed to find her room, and freshen up. The flight from France, and then the drive over here was exhausting. In her mind, she must have looked a mess. What kind of impression would it make if the first time her fellow students saw her, she look disheveled. Not to mention she also needed to unpack her things.

Before she got to her room, Angelique made a quick stop to the girl's bathroom in the Valor Lodge building, to fix herself up. She spent a good amount of time in there brushing her blonde hair, and applying powder to her face. Once she was satisfied, she checked the mirror one last time. "C'est magnifique!" She exclaimed as she sprayed on some lavender scented perfume, adjusted her jewel adorned headband and ribbon, then finally completed the look by putting on her pink sunglasses. She grabbed her purse, blew a kiss at her reflection, and went off.

Now that she was satisfied with her appearance, Angelique's next goal was to find her room. Once she found it, and spent few seconds looking it, Angelique couldn't help but feel a little disapointed by it. She had expected something a little... nicer than this. She shook her head in disapproval. Surely, they must be joking? My closet back home is bigger than this. The beds are so plain too... How do they expect me to sleep on that?! There was nothing but wood panneling everywhere. Ugh, I can't do anything with this! This wood, it is so boring! Why could they not have given me something a little better... ugh? This was not something suited for a bedroom were Angelique Bellefluer was going to be living in for the next few months. She made a mental note to request a better room when she got the chance. Surely someone like her deserved it.

One thing she was pleased with though, was that she wouldn't have to be living alone in this boring room. There was a pretty brown haired girl sitting on one of the beds. Angelique wasn't sure what this girl was like, but she looked good, and that was all that matteres. They would become friends in due time. She twisted a strand of blonde hair between her fingers, and smiled. "Well, at least there is something good about this room."

She went over to her collection of luggage sitting by the side of the other bed, plopped one of them onto the bed. Then she approached the other girl, and greeted her the same way she greeted everyone, with a kiss on the cheek. She knew very well not everyone responded well to that, but she didn't really care. She always found the different reactions people had fun. She never got why people got so uncomfortable with a little affection. Must be a cultural thing. "Bonjour, ma cherie. My name is Angelique. Enchantée! It appears the two of us are going to be living together, mademoiselle. we should get to know each other better, hm? What might a beautiful young lady such as yourself be called?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
ros_zpsf5c24aaf.png

Hilda Gard, The Alchemist

Hildas body seemed to consist of nerves today, and all of them were tingling to the point that it was unbearable. The bus she had finally managed to find in town on her own, about an hour later than she would have liked to, went over and around the British hills and Hilda shifted in her seat at every turn.

On her own. She had flown from Sweden to the UK all on her own, even though her brother had offered to come with her. It would be a bit ridiculous if he had come all the way to the UK just to go back as soon as he'd dropped his sister off. She wouldn't have that. So armed with a luggage that had hardly been possible to seal, and her acceptable but not perfect English skills, Hilda set off to the boarding school on her own. She wasn't a little kid anymore, after all. Time to make her own decisions. And learn to handle her strange ability.

The thought of her weird skill pushed her over the edge. She suddenly jumped up from her seat, as if it had shocked her, because she just couldn't sit still anymore. Before anyone could give her strange looks though, the driver's voice came from the speakers in the ceiling.

"Next stop, Gilded Halls."

They were there. That was the name of her new school. She swallowed hard as they turned around the last corner and the estate came into view.

It was gorgeous. Hilda wasn't usually the one to admire beautiful things for longer than necessary, but as she didn't really have much else to do but to grab her luggage with one hand and hold onto her seat with the other as the bus drove the last distance, she continued to stand up and stare out the window.

The morning sun had turned into a lazy late summer daylight and a gentle breeze was tickling the trees surrounding the school area. There was a brown brick wall lining what looked like a garden closest to the road, and that was where the bus stopped.

Mostly because of her itching body, Hilda hurried out and almost stumbled over her big, pink luggage in the process. Luckily, the driver didn't laugh at her. Instead he closed the doors and drove away. Hilda was the only one to get off at this station. Nervously, she checked the clock on her iPhone 4. About 11AM. Was she late? No, it should be open until lunch, that she remembered. But what if they usually had lunch really early in Great Britain?

Suddenly rushed with anxiety, she started half-running through the black gates into the front garden. There were already people there, walking around or sitting on benches, but Hilda didn't give them too much attention at this point.

She stormed in through the main entrance and her eyes immediately darted to the right and left to try and see where she should be going. But again, she was momentarily stunned by the, well, gorgeousness of it all. The room had a shining marble floor and a long way up to the roof; a second story was seen as a balcony above her.

And right ahead was a marble counter (they really seemed to like marble here - maybe it was a really wealthy school!) and behind it a lady was smiling kindly at the confused Swede. Hilda composed herself and put on a bright smile, if somewhat nervous still, and walked up to her.

A few minutes later, Hilda was walking through the garden behind the main building, pulling her pink luggage behind her still, but holding a gift bag as well. She wasn't at all in a hurry this time, rather she was dragging her feet a bit. She noticed some people glancing at her from this garden as well. She had been on time, but she certainly hadn't been the first one here. Curse her bad sense of direction when she tried to find the bus from the city!

She had been told that the other resident of her room had already registered. A roommate. She had never had one. Her siblings used to share a chamber when they were younger, but Hilda had always had a room of her own when she lived with her family. She had no idea how she would tackle living with another girl. What if she was really girly and had to fix her make up and hair all the time? Granted, Hilda could be fixing her own hair for too long some mornings, but she probably owned less make up than most of the girls she knew. Not to mention dresses; Hilda hardly ever did those and she had only brought one proper dress to Gilded Halls. Just in case there would be a ball or some event she really couldn't wear jeans to. You never knew! But other girls could be really crazy about clothes.

Or what if it was the other way around? What if her roommate was someone really creepy, like a punked up goth girl with tattoos and piercings? Hilda would love a small tattoo herself, and she wore earrings, but more than that was just creepy in her eyes. What if her new roommate was a smoker! Or a vegetarian. Or allergic to peanuts. Hilda loved nuts and peanuts and most kinds of snacks really. What if she had to live with someone really clean and proper, who would hate Hilda for littering the room with her clothes. Or a hyper feminist with hair under her arms who wore beanie hats even more often than Hilda did, or-

Suddenly, Hilda's feet had come to a stop outside a door in a corridor. She had almost automatically entered the Valor Lodge, gone upstairs and found her room. All her whirling thoughts had prevented her from realize that she had arrived. Swallowing hard again, she put a hand on the doorhandle and turned it. Unlocked. Her roommate was inside.

But of course, her itching body couldn't stand still there forever and she had to get it over with before she exploded. She pulled the door open and walked inside.

The room wasn't as small as she had feared, but certainly not interesting in any way. The walls were wooden and there were two beds, desks and some drawers and wardrobes. A simple, purple rug covered most of the floor between the beds, which stood along the wall on opposite sides of the room. Another person's luggage stood against a wall. Hilda shut the door carefully behind her and walked up to one of the beds.

She nearly jumped when she realized that the sheets were moving slightly. There was a person there! Sleeping. As silently as she ever could, Hilda moved closer to the pillow, where a head with lots of messy, red hair rested, face turned away from her. She was living with a ginger! A smile spread in her face without her realizing it. Somehow that felt like a good sign. A ginger with messy hair who took naps before noon. As long as she didn't turn out to be that hyper feminist, or vegan, or something else really odd for Hilda, they would be fine. Totally.

Then the person in the bed turned around in their sleep facing Hilda at last. She gasped loudly.

It was a boy! Or a really, really masculine girl...

The boy yawned. No, that was totally not a girl. It was a ginger boy with messy hair who took naps before noon. Her first roommate ever would be a boy. Okay. That was... odd in a completely different way.

He stirred again and Hilda backed away. Had her loud gasp awakened him?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Andy Steele - Reaching Gilded Halls

The train ride had been boring and tiring. He had always hated trains anyway as he found them to be uncomfortable. And there he was carrying a sports bag which was heavy as hell. His mother had personally made sure he brought along every little thing she thought he'd need. He obviously had no say in all of this, it was his fault after all. And, to be quite honest, he didn't feel arguing against his mother on this. She was so proud that he received an invite by one of the most prestigious schools in the UK that she's been telling everyone around her about it.

His sore shoulder reminded him that he still didn't reach his destination and that he needed to stop daydreaming. He started walking around, still having mixed feelings about coming. On one side, he'd go far away from his home, something he really needed but on the other side, there'd probably be even more stuck-up rich kids here than in his previous school. And to top it off, he wouldn't be allowed to come back home. His mother would kill him if he got expelled from there too.

Lost in his thoughts once again, he took some time to notice he had reached his destination. Just as he thought, the place was majestic. Gorgeous and big. And probably full of dumb kids as well. There were lots of people around, some were talking with each other and others were just walking around. But he didn't feel like looking around or socializing right now so he just entered, took a gift bag or whatever they were and went to his assigned room. There he neatly organized his things but didn't start decorating yet as he felt too tired and unmotivated. He fell on his bed, hoping to take a quick nap.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Dominic Irving // To Gilded Halls

"Mama, come on! I'll be fine!" Dom laughed and gave his mother one more hug. He looked over at his old man who he now towered over. "Take care of her Pops." He said as a few tears gathered in his eyes. Leaving people behind was a weak spot for the giant boy and from his behavior it was quite apparent to anyone walking by him. He looked at the little old couple and wrapped them up in his huge arms. "I'll miss y'all." He got up and walked towards his gate, constantly looking back and waving over his shoulder until eventually the crowds of strangers took them from his sight.

The flight from Atlanta to London went without a hitch. It was as if as soon as he had slipped on his headphones and lay his head back, the plane had arrived in the United Kingdom. After clearing security and customs, Dominic was greeted by a voice coming from the swarm of people awaiting in the terminal. "'Ello sir! Please come this way." He actually giggled a little when the man from the academy talked to him. The think accent hit him off guard. Dom usually got crap from his friends back home about his own accent, but that was cause he lived in the southern part of America. Now that he zoned back into the world he could actually hear people all around him speaking with British accents. He gave off a chuckle, imaging how the boys back home would be having the time of their lives mocking how these people spoke.

Dom followed the old man out of the crowded airport and to a bus. There were absolutely no other kids on there, most likely due to the fact that the bus was for people that needed help for payments to go to this fancy institution. Seeing that his parents were on the more underprivileged part of the spectrum, he had to apply for a scholarship and by good fortune and perhaps his athletic prowess he was selected. He made his way to the back and picked a seat to himself. The bus came to rumbling start and he continued on his journey towards the esteemed school.

As his transport rolled through the United Kingdom's country side Dom couldn't keep his mind off of wondering what was the to come. He accepted the invitation to the academy on the idea that it would help him further understand and control the strange powers that he had developed, but was it truly all that necessary? Back home he had a loving family, friends, and his athletics. There wasn't anything else that he needed to live his life happily. These powers could just be swept under the rug and he could continue to live as he had before. He shook his head before assuring himself. This is what is necessary. I can't live my life without learning about these special abilities. The pep talk restored confidence in his decision and he spent the rest of the ride taking in the beautiful scenery that they passed by.

After what seemed like an eternity the bus came to a rumbling stop by a sidewalk. Dominic looked out the window and gave an impressed whistle. "Haven't seen anything as fancy as this in a long time." He got up, grabbing his suitcase and bookbag on the way out. "Thank you sir." He waved to the older man as he made his way out of the vehicle onto the crowded streets. The elegant building was surrounded on all sides by huge metal gates which were already swung open by the time he had gotten to them. Looking ahead, there was gravel path that made its way to what he guessed was the entrance hall. With thoughts of hesitation creeping back into his mind, Dom inhaled deeply and strode quickly towards the entryway of Gilded Halls.

"Hello there. Give me your name please." There was something about the woman that Dom instantly liked about her. He couldn't quite place it, but there was a motherly aura that surrounded her, putting him at ease. "Dominic Irving." She looked through the roster eventually coming across his name. "Ah-ha here we are. Well you can grab your supply bag on that table over there. Please head inside, when you hear the bell later, lunch will be served in the garden. Oh and don't be so nervous dear, i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here. The nurse gave him a warm smile while his own face turned a shade of red. Is it really that obvious that I'm so anxious? He gave her a nervous smile, grabbed a bag, and shuffled through the door. I guess so.

"Room 6 huh?" Dom wondered aloud as he walked up the flight of stairs. He reached the room and pulled out his card key from the gift bag that he had just received. He swung the door open to reveal the nicest bedroom that he had ever laid eyes on. Two freshly made beds were on the far side along with desks and drawers. It even had its own bathroom! Dominic made his way to the bed, dropped his belongings, and collapsed onto the bed. He rolled around as far as his huge body frame would on the much smaller mattress. "Maybe this won't be so bad after all."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
x
"World 2, Level 1... Or something like that."
CHAPTER I
PART II​
裏表おてにせ
(Otenise Uraomote)

- -

Form: "O"​

UHgOVzx.png
[▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮]

As the - as it would appear - vastly wealthy female roommate entered, Otenise let out a silent sigh of relief. If she had noticed, she'd have said something. Though... Her entrance was rather odd. It seemed she didn't even realize that Otenise was in the room with her, as she seemed internally fussy about whatever she was thinking of... That is, until she looked to Otenise. She approached with a twirl of her ridiculously blond hair and merely started, "Well, at least there is something good about this room." Otenise formed a look of bewildered silence.

She then put her luggage on the bed and, upon return, kissed Otenise on the cheek. Otenise simply froze, bewilderment evolving into pure confusion, her cheeks reddening and her expression fighting to stay in place. At this point, it was pretty much unreadable. "Bonjour, ma cherie. My name is Angelique. Enchantée! It appears the two of us are going to be living together, mademoiselle. We should get to know each other better, hm? What might a beautiful young lady such as yourself be called?"

"E-Eh..." Otenise fought with herself to shake the stunned look off her face, recomposing herself quickly. "My name is Otenise, I came here from America, It's my first year and I'm guessing you're French." Otenise pulled an iPhone out of her suit pocket and began toying with it as she continued. "My friends used to call me 'o'... I usually hang out with guys though. I play lots of games, competitively, so if you're into anything, especially Smash, I will absolutely destroy you in it. But if it's Brawl, no Meta Knight, he's super B.S. and all his attacks are high priority and spammy." She paused. "Oh yeah, and all I really ask is that if I ask for privacy, you acknowledge it. I need a few minutes to myself sometimes, and I don't like being looked at or touched while I'm asleep." Otenise crossed her arms, though instead of a look of seriousness, she wore a half-smirk. "Any rules you have, lay 'em down now."

Years
Priscilla Bellrose

Priscilla flipped through the pages of her book and looked at her bags. I might as well unpack... she thought to herself. She pulled her beanie onto her head and stood up, still reading her book. She wondered why she had been sent to this school. How many strings, if any, did her parents have to pull to get her to be allowed to come here. She didn't have perfect grades. Heck, she didn't have any grades! She had been homeschooled all of her life. Her parents couldn't have sent her here for protection. They didn't care about her at all.

Priscilla absently packed her things away, not even bothering to check if they were neat. Her eyes never left the book, and she only paused to flip the pages. She blew a piece of hair from her face and tried to hold back tears. Why did Old Dan have to die? she thought sadly. This book got to her every time... When she got to her bag of books, she stopped unpacking and went through the bag, pushing books to the side. I hope my roommate isn't noisy... Or gross. Or ugly. Priscilla shook her head and sighed. "Don't be stupid," she muttered to herself. Maybe she would get lucky and not have a roommate.

She organized her books, but didn't take them out of her luggage. She put them in order from largest to smallest, but changed her mind and organized them in the order of which ones were her favorite. She put her ratty copy of To Kill a Mockingbird on top and smiled. She picked up the book that she was reading and threw it in the bag randomly. She zipped the suitcase up and laid down on her bed, sighing. Priscilla hummed to herself and stared at the ceiling. She sat up when she heard a squeak and looked around. She noticed that the door was cracked slightly and frowned. "Hello?" she asked, not moving from her spot. Crap. She did have a roommate.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Ashley and Rachel
Settling In

Pushing the door open to their room, Ashley stepped inside, followed closely by Rachel. It wasn't anything huge, but it was a nice, cozy, comfortable-feeling room with a pair of beds, nightstands, a closet, a bathroom and a window where the sun was shining through.

"Awh, this looks really nice! Like a hotel room or something." Ashley commented, smiling as she stepped over to the window, looking outside. "Whoa, the garden's actually really big. Wait, is that a -pool-?" The girl let go of her trolley and pushed herself more or less up against the glass, trying to get a better look outside.

Rachel could not help, but giggle at Ashley's enthusiasm. It was almost as if the raven-haired girl was the one who had been rarely able to leave the house. The red-haired girl laid her dufflebag and suitcase on the bed further away from the window, before taking a seat on the edge of the bed herself.

"I forgot how much you liked to swim, Ashley," Rachel said, still smiling softly at her friend. "Maybe once we get settled in and take a look around you could go for a dip?"

"Hmm, I could..." The black-haired girl pondered before turning around, smiling at her friend. "But I think I'd prefer spending some time with you. The pool isn't going to go anywhere, after all!" With that, she began shrugging off her backpack, tossing it onto the vacant bed before carrying her trolley over and placing it besides it.

She then jumped onto the bed herself, sitting at the edge after giving it a bounce or two. "Wow, this is a pretty soft bed. You don't mind I'm closer to the bathroom?"

"No, it's okay," Rachel responded, giving her own mattress a test by laying back on it. It was very soft, almost reminding the girl of her own mattress and bed back home. Her smile grew a bit wider, before she giggled again. "Besides, I'm not the one who has a habit of drinking too much soda before bed."

"Oh come on!" Rachel replied, crossing her arms over her chest, her cheeks puffing out. "That happened, like, once or twice! You can't hold that against me forever!"

Huffing playfully, she gave another few bounces on the bed before laying back as well, avoiding the luggage she placed at the foot-end of it, moving her arms behind her head and staring into the ceiling. "It feels kind of... weird, all of this. It's gonna be a long time before we'll see our parents again."

Rachel frowned, slowly closing her eyes for a moment. The red-haired girl was somewhat aware of that fact in coming here... but it was one of those reasons as to why she accepted the invitation in the first place. Slowly, the girl sat up, giving Ashley a concerned look, a feeling of guilt starting to run through her heart. It was not that Rachel did not appreciate her best friend tagging along with her to this new school, but... for Ashley, that meant leaving behind a lot more than she herself was.

"A-Ashley..." Rachel called out quietly. "You... You don't regret coming here, right? I mean... I know you did because of me, even though you got your own invitation, and I'm really, really grateful for that, but... I mean, you sort of did leave behind a lot back home... More than I did..."

Raising her brows a little, the black-haired girl shifted around to lay on her side, moving an arm under her head to rest on it. After spending so much time with Rachel, she could easily tell when something was really bothering the girl. Sending her a soft smile, Ashley shrugged lightly.

"Rachel, I was gonna have to leave home eventually, anyways. Everyone has to. Sure, I wasn't really planning on doing that anytime soon, but... you sort of need to slowly learn to not be around your parents as much anymore, right? I figured this was the perfect opportunity for that."

Shifting around to sit up again, she leaned back on her hands, stretching her legs out in front of her with an even brighter smile. "Besides, this'll be fun! We'll have an adventure, learn new stuff, meet new people..." She paused, her smile turning slightly more playful and mischievous. "And maybe even get you a boyfriend~"

Rachel felt her cheeks heat up at that last comment. The girl immediately looked down to the floor, her hands starting to fidget with the hem of her skirt. "I... I dunno a-about that last part... I mean, um... I don't think it's really such a good idea right now, m-maybe later on?"

Rachel had a feeling this was coming sooner or later. Even back when she and the raven-haired girl were home, Ashley was constantly trying to find out if there was any guy that the red-haired girl might have been interested in. She would even take quick pictures of the boys at her school, constantly trying to see if there was any that Rachel may have thought were cute and the like. Rachel always tried to politely turn down the girl's attempts, but... well, once Ashley set her mind to something...

Rolling, her eyes, Ashley gave Rachel a wry little smile, patting her thighs as she got to a stand again. "It's alright Rach', I know you're shy and all that, and I'm not expecting miracles in a day! Don't worry, there's bound to be a cute boy or two around here." She gave her friend a bright smile before stretching her arms over her head, peering up at the clock fastened above the door. "Hmh, still pretty early. Wanna go have a look around the place, Rach'?"

"O-Oh, sure thing..." Rachel replied, managing to calm herself down. She climbed off the bed and started to make her way towards the door. She took the knob, slowly starting to turn it before she stopped, and looked back up at her friend again. "Um... Ashley?"

Ashely dug her hand into the gift-bag she had gotten, pulling out the map and looking it over for a moment before looking up at Rachel with raised brows. "Hmh? What's up Rach'?"

Rachel shook her head, smiling softly once more. "Um... N-Nothing... But... Thanks for coming with me..."

Returning the smile, the other girl walked up to give her friend a brief hug with her left arm while opening the door with the other. "You're welcome. Thanks for being my friend, Rach'."

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Ross Wilson VS The New School

"Mum… Mum, you can let go of me now… Mum, if you hold onto me any longer I'm going to miss my flight!" Ross' departure from his Canadian home wasn't an easy one. His mother and youngest sister, Rosie, were bawling their eyes out the moment they had gotten out of bed. His other sister, Jodie, had already begun moving her stuff into his room, claiming it as a second bedroom that she absolutely, positively needed. When it came time for him to actually leave the house, it was difficult for anyone, including himself, to talk. What he did say was drowned out by relentless sobbing. Even Jodie started getting teary-eyed. Eventually, Ross was able to leave for the airport. He decided to go alone, because he didn't want to create a scene in the middle of an airport.

Fortunately, the plane-trip was a lot faster than Ross expected it to be (although, this was probably because he was pre-occupied with his 3DS the entire time). Once his flight had landed, Ross was uncertain of how he was supposed to get to the school. His mother's directions had told him to take a bus, but she didn't say which one! So instead of going wherever a random bus would take him, Ross decided to call for a taxi. It took years for the cab to actually show up. When it did show up, Ross was greeted by one ugly looking vehicle. It looked like the deformed love child of a Beetle and a Hearse or an old, ugly, relic of the past. Ross hoped that the rest of Britain's cars wouldn't be so terrible. Otherwise, he'd have to walk everywhere (and walking is hard).

"Where are ya headed, kid?" The taxi driver asked. Ross noticed that the man happened to have a very strong accent. Hopefully, it wouldn't make communicating with the man difficult. "Uh… Gilded Halls?" He replied, throwing his luggage into the back seat. The two briefly held a 'conversation' during the trip, which ended faster than it started. Once it was over, Ross finally noticed how tired he was feeling. Maybe it was jet-lag or maybe it was because he didn't sleep at all while on the plane, but seconds after the Cabbie went silent, Ross was out cold. Luckily, he managed to wake up just before arriving at his destination. Gilded Halls.

Handing the cabbie his payment, Ross stepped out of the ugly vehicle onto the gravel road. His eyes fell on the grand, black gate that stood in front of him. Behind it lay a beautiful garden, complete with an elegant fountain. It was very different to the kind of school that he was used to. Schools were supposed to be bland and uniform, not majestic and grand. All of a sudden, this strange feeling of nervousness hit Ross right in the gut. He wasn't prepared for the school being this nice. Slowly, he moved towards the main entrance, where a serious looking lady sat. However, the lady quickly put on a motherly smile. "Welcome, welcome." She said, gesturing for Ross to walk closer to the front desk.

She then pointed towards the small line of gift-bags. "Everything you'll need will be right in there." She stated, before waving Ross goodbye. Strangely, there didn't seem to be any textbooks inside the gift-bag. Would they be handed out during the first class? Taking out the map and key-card, Ross immediately headed for the dormitories. After all, he wanted to make sure that he could claim the best bed before his roommate could. He arrived at the entrance to Valor Lodge, noticing that there weren't many other people around. Maybe the rest of the students had yet to arrive? Quickly, he continued up the stairs to a line of rooms. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6." His hands pushed the door open.

Inside was a very nice room. There was a pair of beds, a long with a bunch of desks and drawers. The room even had its own bathroom! As he continued to scope out the room, Ross noticed something. Someone was already lying on one of the beds. And they were big. "Huh... I guess you would be my roommate then." Ross said, bewildered by the man's size. There's no way that the guy could be a student. Was there?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ginevra May Morrigan
Arrival

The wind was passing through her hair as Ginevra gazed outside the window. Her new school, Gilded Halls, stood in the distance and she felt butterflies in her stomach. She was nervous. Nervous that people would find out that she was weird, some freak... and not just a regular sixteen year old girl. Her hand passed through the door and back out again and she sighed, hoping against home that she could continue to control it. She hadn't had an incident in years, but even still after finding herself stuck in a wall quite a few times, it was still on her mind.

The driver's voice caused her to yank her hand out of the door and Ginny looked up at him when he announced their arrival. "We've arrived, Miss. That'll be forty one fifty."

The money was foreign to the American, but she counted it out and handed it over. "Thanks." She then exited the vehicle with her handbag strapped around her shoulder. With a grunt, she pulled her luggage out of the truck and closed it, watching absentmindedly as the car drove off.

Approaching the building, Ginevra's stomach did a few flips and she grimaced in displeasure as she was unable to calm her nerves. The grounds were beautifully breathtaking, so she tried her best to focus on the scenery and not on the strong sense of dread building up inside of her. It's probably nothing but nerves, Ginny. Deep breaths helped calm her down and she wheeled her luggage to what seemed to be the Administration Building.

She noticed little bags with student's names on them, but some were already removed - meaning she wasn't early at least. Good, I'd hate to be the first one here. Locating hers was a breeze and after opening, she found her card key and a few other things such as a map and small toiletries. The card key had the number five emblazoned onto it, so with that she assumed that Room Five was to be hers.

The walk to the dormitory was quiet and peaceful, since there weren't any students... or anyone really. How odd. I wonder how many students go to this school, then? Inside the dorm, though, she saw a few people but she quickly headed to her room, wanting to deposit her bags and get her bearings before any sort of socializing was to be done.

The card key slid into the door and she wheeled her luggage into her room, which contained two beds and other appropriate furniture. A roommate... I wonder what she's like? Ginny plopped her things on one of the beds and then sat down and daydreamed.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 700px;"]

Kevin and Hilda - Room 3

Kevin had been sleeping for a short while now but he had become restless. Something was bothering him but he wasn't exactly sure what. He tossed and he turned, mumbled and grumbled before his restlessness got the better of him. He turned around onto his back as his eyes opened lazily. He let out a yawn as he stretched both his arms high above his head before bringing them back down and resting them on his chest. He took a deep breath before looking around his new surroundings and it was then that he got the fright of his life.

"Uh … um" Kevin stammered as he tried to make sense of the current situation. A blonde haired girl stood in the room just a small bit away from Kevin's bed, enough for him to miss her when he first awoke. He sat up in the bed and placed his two hands down by each side to steady himself. The girl just blinked at him without saying anything. Clearing his throat he spoke once more.

"Okay … so … this is awkward." He glanced over and noticed that the girl had a few bags of luggage with her. That could only mean one thing, a roommate.

"Are you by any chance my roommate?" spoke Kevin in a nervous but almost excitable tone.
Kevin never had a roommate before so this was all new to him. He was excited but yet nervous at the same time to find out what kinda roomie he had gotten. Was she an easy going person like him or a completely serious person all the time? He was anxious to find out what his roomie had to say.

He readjusted his hands on the bed a second time in order to steady himself once more before he waited anxiously for the girls response. Because it took several seconds, actually closer to half a minute before it came.

"Yeah... Hello," she said with a bright but hesitant voice in some accent that was hard to place. At least she was smiling, albeit a bit nervously. "I'm supposed to live here and you are clearly living here, so that would make us roommates. Room number 3, right?"

"Yeah room number 3, so I guess we're roommates then. Sorry, my name's Kevin, it's nice to meet you" he said in a still nervous but more relaxed than previous tone.

Kevin wasn't exactly sure how all this was supposed to play out. He never did have a roommate before. The introduction between the two was less than flattering, all on Kevin's part of course. Sleeping at nearly midday isn't exactly setting a great example. They do say that first impressions are everything.

Hilda on the other hand, was starting to feel calm for the first time since leaving Sweden. This guy was apparently quite the polite yet relaxed one. That could work! Plus, he wasn't exactly bad looking... As he talked, her smile grew wider as the tension and itching in her body faded away.

"That's settled then," she said and couldn't help letting out a little laughter. "We're definitely roommates. I'm Hilda. Sorry that I woke you up and all. Believe me, I know how great it is to take a nap once in a while. I mean, not that I'm a person who sleeps all the time. Well, not all the time. Uh, anyways, I was just a bit surprised seeing you. I mean, you're a guy." She shrugged. "I hadn't expected a guy. And I was all nervous, because I was imagining all these horrible girls that could have been my roommate and-"

She suddenly stopped and realized that she had been rambling, faster and faster. She swallowed and let out another laughter, a bit embarrassed this time. "Sorry. I guess I'm a talker. What I'm trying to say is, I think it's great that you're my roommate. Well, okay that was a bit... I mean, it could have been worse."

She mentally slapped herself before glancing back down at Kevin on the bed. This wasn't really how she would have liked to introduce herself. They do say that first impressions are everything, and she might just have ruined her chance at that.

Hilda could definitely talk! That was for sure, but this didn't bother Kevin at all, in fact he quite enjoyed it. Having a talkative roommate was a huge plus considering he barely got out of the house when he was a kid, so Kevin was definitely not going to pass this up. Kevin even let out a small chuckle as Hilda rambled on before she realised how much she had been saying.

Kevin finally rose from the bed and onto his feet before fixing his t-shirt which was a bit creased due to him sleeping in it. He looked onwards to the opened window and enjoyed the rays of sun and the gentle breeze coming through for a few seconds before he walked over to his bag and started to speak to Hilda again, "Hilda … that's a nice name you know. I can tell from your accent though you're not from around here. Care to tell me where you're from?" he quizzed as he began to reach down and rummage through his schoolbag.

"Oh," Hilda said and walked over to her luggage. Might as well unpack it now when they had some time to spare. "Yeah, I know I sound a bit odd. I'm from Sweden. Not really sure how I got the invitation from Gilded Halls actually. But I registered so apparently it was real." She started to put her clothes into the wardrobe and drawers closest to what would now obviously be her own bed. "What about you then? You have a bit of an accent too, if you don't mind me saying. It's really nice though!" She flashed a smile at Kevin.

Kevin continued to rummage in his bag as he spoke to Hilda, "Yeah I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get in here either, all I know is that my parents applied for me". The truth of the matter was that Kevin knew exactly why he ended up here, the incident with the TV blowing up and his granny almost taking shards of glass to the face was a pretty good guess.

The rummaging continued until he heard Hilda's last statement. Upon hearing this he stood up and faced towards her, "Oh, I'm from Ireland." He paused for a few seconds before continuing to speak, "You know I've never had anyone compliment my accent before. Thank you." Kevin replied as he shot a smile towards Hilda, who's cheeks went immediately red.

In Kevin's hand was the item he had been looking for, his phone. He sat down on the side of the bed and proceeded to send a text message to his mother to let her know that he'd settled in alright. He continued to text before raising his head up and looking over at Hilda, who had resumed arranging her things in the drawers. It hadn't really registered with him before but Hilda was more than good looking, certainly better than any girls around his home town. He smiled as he lowered his head back down, he finished up the text, slid the phone into his pocket and looked back up at Hilda. It soon dawned on him that he might as well put his clothes away like her as opposed to just leaving them in the suitcase.

After Hilda had packed away all her things the silence in the room was getting a bit pressured. Hilda just wasn't sure of what to say to this nice guy. She decided to glance in the mirror that neatly stood atop of her drawers and make sure that she looked respectable enough for whatever they would be doing at and after lunch at Gilded Halls. Her yellow hair was straight but fell in a sort of inwards curl at the ends near her shoulders. Her make up was looking a bit tired after her travel, but she didn't feel like fixing that right now, right in front of her new roommate who happened to be a guy. It would have to due.

She kept her pink t-shirt on but changed from the dark denim jacket she had been wearing into a bright grey hoodie. The slim jeans and white Chuck Taylor's sufficed for now, she figured. She just hoped the other new girls wouldn't show up in fancy blouses, high heels or miniskirts. Oh, as if she cared anyways. She didn't even know what she was here for, and even less how she was supposed to act and look. Wouldn't they get uniforms of some sort, wasn't that how they did it in the UK?

She had been standing completely still in front of the drawers for a long time with a worried face that was clearly not looking into the mirror any longer.

Kevin was packing away his things while all this was going on. He was folding up his t-shirts and jeans and placing them into the set of drawers which was his. He carried on folding and putting away his clothes until the silence of the room caught his attention. The only sound that could be heard was the distant chatter from people and the chirping of the birds from outside the window. He looked up and noticed that Hilda was standing in front of her mirror but didn't actually seem to be using it, she was just staring into space. Kevin could see Hilda's face in the reflection of the mirror and she didn't look happy or cheery, her face was covered with a look of worry.

Kevin placed the t-shirt that he was holding in his hand down onto the bed and walked slowly towards Hilda. He stood a few feet behind her before he spoke, "Hey there Hilda are you alright? You look a little worried there, Is it nerves?"

Kevin had never been in a situation like this before. Due to his sheltered life he rarely ever dealt with other people and their emotions and generally never learnt how to comfort said person, but he wasn't about to ignore his new roommate.

I wonder what's wrong with her? Maybe it's me … maybe she doesn't want a male roommate? thought Kevin as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

Hilda jumped when she was spoken to. Kevin stood behind her with a look of true concern on his face. He was such a sweet guy! And awfully short, she suddenly noticed now that he was standing up. They were pretty much the same length. That only added to his adorableness though. She smiled.

"Sorry, I've just got a lot on my mind right now. New country and all, not even sure I'm that great with the language, you know?" She laughed nervously again, seemed like she did that a lot. "Why don't we... Take a walk in the huge garden they had just outside here? A bit of fresh air might do me good, and we could, you know. Get to know each other a bit?" she added and shrugged.

Kevin smiled when Hilda told him the reasoning behind her worrying look. According to her she was having trouble settling in, perhaps being away from home was a bit overwhelming for her?

It couldn't hurt to walk around the gardens a bit … especially with Hilda thought Kevin.

"Yeah ok, let's go for a walk down in the gardens, if that's what'll help you to relax and also … your great with the language, now let's go" Kevin said with a smile as he moved his head back pointing towards the outdoors.
[/div]

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Dominic Irving & Ross Wilson // Room 6

"Huh... I guess you would be my roommate then." A voice came from the front of the dorm. Dom scrambled up off the bed, and found himself face to face with another boy. He took a quick step back before looking who was apparently his roommate up and down. The most obvious observation that he could make was the stark contrast between the two. He towered over the newcomer and was about twice the size of him all around. Dom wore a casual tank top and shorts while the other boy wore a formal suit and tie. The much larger of the two realized that he had been just staring at his new roommate for the past couple moments. In a short fit of embarrassment he quickly stuck out his arm. "Hey there! Didn't know I had a roommate... but that's completely fine by me! My name is Dominic, but just call me Dom. Nice to meet ya!"

Ross was almost hoping for Dom to have explained that he was actually a teacher here and he was just testing out the beds (You know, normal teacher stuff). That wasn't the case. Dom was his roommate, and he'd have to deal with it, no matter how jealous he was of his build. At least he seemed friendly enough. Snapping himself out of his nervousness, Ross smiled and extended a hand towards the giant. "I'm Ross. Ross Wilson." He moved around Dom, placing his suitcase next to the bed that Dom hadn't already claimed. The bed was immaculately made, as was (practically) everything else in the room. "This room's pretty great, eh?" Ross asked, hoping to start some sort of 'conversation' with his roommate.

"Yeah it really is." Dom responded, stretching his arms across the room. "This one little room is probably the size of our living room back home. And this bed is the softest thing I've ever felt in my entire life." He looked over at Ross and flopped back onto the clearly undersized bed. Trying to make conversation he asked. "So where're you from and what was your life like before you came here?"

"I'm surprised you can't tell from the accent." Ross laughed, making sure to emphasize his accent. "I'm from Canada dude. Toronto, if you really want to be exact." He flopped onto the bed in the exact same manner that Dom did, hoping to humor him. Unlike his roommate, Ross was a perfect fit for his bed. It wasn't too big and wasn't too small. "And believe me when I say this, my life is nothing interesting. And I doubt that'll change anytime soon." He said, not wanting to spill his life's story onto someone he only just met. Wouldn't want to bore him, after all. "And you?"

"I'm also surprised you can't tell from my accent either." Dom laughed as he repeated the other boy's words. "I'm originally from Scotland, but I've been in Georgia for most of my life." He hesitated for a moment before going on. He thought that making his special "abilities" known to others may not be the smartest move right that moment. "And as for what my life was like... I'm just another athlete trying to make it from the intercity streets."

"As if that wasn't obvious already..." Ross muttered, turning to his roommate and smiling to try cover up what he had said. Sure, Ross had the awesome as hel ability to turn into shadows, but he can't exactly flaunt that around. If movies, video games and comic books have taught him anything, Ross knows that showing off a super-power leads to the destruction of your personal life. His roommate on the other hand, was very likely to be a successful athlete. And successful athletes get all the girls. "Is that why you were accepted into this school?" Ross asked, having finally snapped himself out of his jealous trance.

"Um..." Dom paused for a moment to choose the best answer. "Yeah you could say it was something like that." He got up from the bed, now sitting up right staring into the wall behind his roomate's bed. "Something like that..." He trailed off before pulling a map out of the goody back which he had received earlier. "Anyways, I might as well get accustomed to my new home. I think i'm gonna go for a little walk, want to come?"

"Uhh... Sure, why not?" Ross said, pushing himself off of his bed and standing next to his roommate. "So where do you want to go?"

"I have no idea." The larger boy laughed while opening the door to the room. "Let's just go out and take a look around."

an ozymandias & dansparce joint post

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hilda & Kevin

The weather was nice, Hilda thought as she left the dormitory together with her roommate, strolling aimlessly out onto the green lawns. A cool breeze swept her hair up into her face so that she had to reach up and remove it. She glanced at Kevin and giggled in the process, not really knowing why. Giggling felt better than shutting up right now.

"So why did you come here, to Gilded Halls? You know, if you don't mind me asking, of course," she inquired.

"Me? Uh, I didn't really apply to get in here. My parents did … for me I mean. I just got a letter one day saying that I was accepted. It was the first I knew of it until my parents owned up to applying there for me. What about you, how did you end up here?"

They two continued the walk through the gardens together as the breeze rolled by, Kevin wasn't exactly sure what to do here. It was an odd place to suggest getting some air from, couldn't they have just stood outside the building where the dorms were?

Kevin reached up to scratch his head and it was then he noticed that his hair was pretty messed up, not that he cared much about hair but for Hilda he made an exception. He totally forgot that he'd fallen asleep on the bus causing his hair to mess up along with going to sleep in the dorm to top it all off. He had no idea it was so messy. He attempted to fix it down into some sort of presentable fashion before looking over at Hilda with a smile but at the same time dying a little inside.

Hilda replied as she saw him meddle with his own hair, the fact that he cared not being lost on her.

"Yeah, the same pretty much," she said, looking out over the gardens and spotting a pool. Interesting. Maybe she could go for morning swims later on? "Only I know my parents didn't apply for me because they were even more surprised than I was. See, I was supposed to become a mechanic or a cook!" She paused to laugh a little before she muttered the rest under her breath. "And I became sort of both."

"Supposed? Like you were forced to become one of the two?"

Weird that she had to pick between either becoming a mechanic or a cook, Kevin wouldn't be much good at either of them. Perhaps Hilda was skilled in both? Could come in handy around the room from time to time, especially if Kevin's going to be going around breaking everything that's electrical.

"Yeah... Not forced, but my dad and brother are mechanics. Like, cars and stuff. And mum's a chef. She's really good, and my sister's studying to be like her so she'll be awesome at it soon too. As for me, I don't know. I could never really make a choice." She let out a big breath. "Gilded Halls decided for me, it seems. I wonder how they did find me. I mean, if your parents applied, if it's a place you have to apply for, how come they seeked out little me in little Sweden? Doesn't really make sense."

But at the same time as she had said that, the nagging thought about her mysterious power came back to her. Could that be the reason? It had all been so sudden. But if that was the case... could Kevin have a power too? She raised her hand in front of her and watched it absent-mindedly.

"Yeah I get what you mean, I mean how did they … uh …" Kevin responded before catching a glimpse of Hilda raising her hand in the air. "Are you okay …" he added with a now confused look on his face.

She blinked and took her hand down quickly. "Yeah, sorry! I was just, um, thinking."

Hilda raising her hand had reminded Kevin of his power. The hand movement was similar to something he would do in order to activate his ability. It soon dawned on him that his power almost seemed dormant, like it wasn't even there anymore. Could this be because of Hilda? Was it the fact that he was so relaxed around her the reason that his power wasn't causing problems for him? Usually when he's anxious, nervous or angry it's almost like he can't control his power, sparks start to fly from his hand without him ever commanding them to. It was strange and alien to Kevin but for once in a long time he had completely forgotten that he ever had a power, he felt at peace … he felt normal.

They had been quiet for a few seconds before Hilda asked something out of the blue.

"Do you believe in... stuff?" Lamest question ever. How would she word this better? "I mean, like, supernatural stuff." She must come across as a total lunatic by that simple sentence. "Because, I mean, no actually forget it. I don't know what I was thinking about," she ended with a nervous laughter.

She would be living with this guy, for weeks, months, maybe a year? Maybe more. It would be such a relief if she didn't have to hide what she could do from him. But she couldn't really bring it up like this. It had been a spur-of-the-moment thought, and she regretted it instantly. They had only just met. She had to let them get to know each other better before she could try and convince him that she could blend items together on touch, like magic. Fingers crossed that living with someone wouldn't put such a stress on her that she accidentally cooked some of his items together. At least not before she had told him.

Kevin chuckled at Hilda's question. Such a thing to ask someone you'd just met.

"No wait hold on. What did you mean by that? Like ghosts and demons that sorta thing?" What exactly was Hilda trying to get at here? As far as Kevin knew supernatural stuff was the kinda things you read about in horror books and watched in movies that were way too scary for Kevin.

"Please don't tell me your some sort of ghost fanatic Hilda" Kevin said as he gave Hilda a smile.

"Oh totally, I have a secret ghost friend who followed me here and I sometimes meet my pet werewolf in the forest." She winked at him and laughed. "No, nothing like that. Sorry. I just think too much sometimes."

"Funny!" Kevin said upon hearing Hilda's response as he started to chuckle.

Kevin stopped walking and turned towards Hilda before he spoke in a more serious but yet still light-hearted tone. "No but look, you can't just leave me hanging like that. There was obviously something you wanted to say so why won't you say it? It just me and you here. Come on it's not every day that someone asks another person do they believe in supernatural stuff?"

Hilda stopped too and raised her eyebrows at him. What made him so adamant all of a sudden? She pushed away the hopes that crept up inside her about him being like her after all. That was just too unlikely. She remembered instead how badly her sister had reacted when Hilda explained what she could do to her. She hadn't even believed her. Yet...

"Oh, well," she sighed in a resigned tone. "About me ending up here and all. I was just thinking that maybe they thought I was special in some way. And maybe that's why they asked me to come to Gilded Halls." She looked at him quickly and then looked away. "Not that I'd know what kind of special that would be. I mean, not that it would have to be something supernatural. I don't know, I..." She put out her hands in a big whole-body shrug and turned to stare into the waters of the pool for a moment.

"Look Hilda I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry like that. If you don't wanna talk about it that's fine. It's just I was curious that's all and I'm -sure- the school thought you were special, maybe it was your cooking and mechanical skills? Perhaps your parents told the school of your skill?"

Kevin was woefully unprepared for this, his people skills were next to none. Truth of the matter is that Kevin was curious to see if Hilda had an ability as well. His power –had- to be the reason he was called here and it sounded like Hilda was called here for a similar reason. Approaching the subject however was going to be a lot more difficult than he had originally thought. Perhaps it was time to back away from this subject?

"Oh no no," she laughed bitterly. "I'm nowhere near 'special' when it comes to either machines or food. And I already told you, my parents didn't do it. Ah, maybe it'll become clear once we gather after lunch. Speaking of which, when and where was that lunch?"

She was kind of relieved that she had managed to change the subject after all.

Kevin felt like shocking himself. What the hell was he thinking prodding into Hilda's personal life like that? He had no right! The atmosphere was so tense you could cut it with a knife at this point. What in the world was he going to say now?

The tips of Kevin's fingers began to tingle and he could feel pulsing in his arms. He froze in place once he knew what was happening, his face froze as well. What the hell was he to do now? This was not the time nor the place. He suddenly remembered the phone in his pocket but alas it was too late. The tingling in his fingers intensified to the point where his whole hand started to twitch and shake. Before he knew it the phone in his pocket let out a small bang as well as burning the material on the inside of his pocket which ended up singing the skin underneath.

Hilda let out a gasp at the bang, taken completely by surprise. Kevin gritted his teeth and his body slanted downwards as he tried to endure the pain that the burning of his pocket caused him. He took a few deep breaths and attempted to collect his thoughts in order to relax. The tingling in his hands subsided a bit but not completely.

He straightened himself up and looked at Hilda with a worried expression. "Yeah, so this is real reason I'm here. I don't know if I'm exactly a great roommate anymore."

His secret was out. Luckily it was only Hilda around to witness it but still, what if she told everyone? He'd be some sort of freak according to everyone else, he'd become an outcast, a mutant. Strangely however this wasn't Kevin's biggest concern, his biggest worry was losing someone he was looking forward to spending countless hours with, his roommate, Hilda.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back