• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Vivillon Forms

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
With release of X and Y, we've got introduced to a new Pokémon known as Vivillon. It's based off butterfly, bug-type, and has a variety of different forms. Of them all, which would you consider your most favorite and why? How many do you have so far, and which ones are they? Are you planning to collect them all someday, if you haven't done so already?

Years
I collected a set of regular vivillon then turned around and collected a set of shiny ones. Any of the shiny ones are awesome because, well simply put, I love shiny pokemon. I have to say the one that isn't shiny in my current collection is also my favorite. The pokeball pattern. It took me a few days to get one that is 100 percent legit though. I got one from the 4th but there is a 50/50 chance it was a powersaves hack. After I found that out, I went on the search for one not from the 4th. I eventually got one from the 6th. I just love how that little bugger looks. I wish vivillon had better stats for competitive use though.

Years
I love Vivillon, it's really cute and is actually pretty usable for an early Bug-type due to having better stats than most of them, notably its high Speed and Sp. Attack. The forms changing based on your region settings was a nice concept and I do hope they can introduce more new Pokemon in the future with a similar concept.

As for the one I like, I pretty much love all the different wing patterns but I just have the one Vivillon right now, and that's the River Pattern which is my native pattern. The tan and blue really look nice together.

vivillon-river.gif

River Pattern aka this one here. It may not be the prettiest form but I still love mine, he's a beautiful boy.

Years
I love Vivillon, it's really cute and is actually pretty usable for an early Bug-type due to having better stats than most of them, notably its high Speed and Sp. Attack. The forms changing based on your region settings was a nice concept and I do hope they can introduce more new Pokemon in the future with a similar concept.

As for the one I like, I pretty much love all the different wing patterns but I just have the one Vivillon right now, and that's the River Pattern which is my native pattern. The tan and blue really look nice together.

vivillon-river.gif

River Pattern aka this one here. It may not be the prettiest form but I still love mine, he's a beautiful boy.

I totally agree, the River pattern is one darn sexy vivillon. It's right up there at the top for me too. Just behind the pokeball and savannah.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to the patterns of Vivillon, I find myself like the Icy Snow pattern. I think the reason why I like that pattern might have something to do with the fact that it reminds me of of the element controlled by characters that I collected from another franchise. Course the only Vivillon pattern that I have is the High Plains pattern. As for collecting the patterns, probably not.

Years
When it comes to the patterns of Vivillon, I find myself like the Icy Snow pattern. I think the reason why I like that pattern might have something to do with the fact that it reminds me of of the element controlled by characters that I collected from another franchise. Course the only Vivillon pattern that I have is the High Plains pattern. As for collecting the patterns, probably not.

Have you seen a shiny icy snow? It's so cool looking with its white body and white wings.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
FYI, we have a Scatterbug Trading Corner over in the trading area. Not trying to moderate, this is just my own thread so I'm inviting you to use it if you want to trade. :)

Icy Snow seems to be very rare for some reason. Which is strange because it's also from my province.

Years
The weird thing about the icy snow rarity is that it was one of the last non shiny vivillon I obtained but it was one of the first that I got as a shiny. Weird.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Ah, Vivillon. Such a unique Pokemon! I sure hope they introduce more patterns in later gens. Or maybe they could take Shellos and make it do that same deal?

The weird thing about the icy snow rarity is that it was one of the last non shiny vivillon I obtained but it was one of the first that I got as a shiny. Weird.

Funny you mention that, as that's the same deal for me... and you're the one that gave me mine! :3

Years
Ah, Vivillon. Such a unique Pokemon! I sure hope they introduce more patterns in later gens. Or maybe they could take Shellos and make it do that same deal?

Funny you mention that, as that's the same deal for me... and you're the one that gave me mine! :3

Have you gotten any other shiny vivillon yet?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Are there in fact 18 different Shiny Vivillon - and perhaps two locked ones for the bonus patterns?

Years
Gosh, they're all so pretty, but my favorite right now is the Ocean pattern one, with the Tundra pattern being a close second. Unfortunately, I've never taken the time to hunt for any of them, even my favorite one, so the only Vivillon in my box is the regular one. :[ I should really put some effort into that, haha.

Years
Gosh, they're all so pretty, but my favorite right now is the Ocean pattern one, with the Tundra pattern being a close second. Unfortunately, I've never taken the time to hunt for any of them, even my favorite one, so the only Vivillon in my box is the regular one. :[ I should really put some effort into that, haha.

When you say regular, are you referring to the meadow pattern? I say that one because it seems the most mainstream since Viola uses meadow.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Vivillon is so nice....all those pretty patterns, and it gets Powder. I would like to say that I've collected all the patterns, but PokeBall Vivillon was only released in Paris (wtf Game Freak), and the Fancy one has yet to be released. My favorite Vivillon pattern is:

666-t.png

The Tundra one. Love dat azure color. Too bad my region's Vivillons are Polar ones and Tundra ones seem to be rare. PokeBall is my second favorite, with that pretty red color.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You can find the Poké Ball Vivillon in trade shops. I actually got one from there. I caution you, if you go to find one and take a trade, it may be a clone (which is accepted here as perfectly legitimate, especially by those who can't go to the event in question).

Here is what a real one looks like:

Tagged "FRE" for France
Pokémon Name: Prismillon (French name, see source)
OT: Paris
ID: 06014
Compound Eyes (mine was, but can also have Shield Dust)
Stun Spore/Gust/Light Screen/Struggle Bug (nothing special in other words)
Where: a Pokémon Center
Lv.12
A fateful encounter (like pretty much all Events)

It comes with a Classic Ribbon.

Years
You can find the Poké Ball Vivillon in trade shops. I actually got one from there. I caution you, if you go to find one and take a trade, it may be a clone (which is accepted here as perfectly legitimate, especially by those who can't go to the event in question).

Here is what a real one looks like:

Tagged "FRE" for France
Pokémon Name: Prismillon (French name, see source)
OT: Paris
ID: 06014
Compound Eyes (mine was, but can also have Shield Dust)
Stun Spore/Gust/Light Screen/Struggle Bug (nothing special in other words)
Where: a Pokémon Center
Lv.12
A fateful encounter (like pretty much all Events)

It comes with a Classic Ribbon.

Also, just as a small warning, don't accept one that has a received date of June 4th. There is a 50/50 chance it is a powersaves hack. Any hack that is based off of a legal event can be traded but they will always generate a certain date. In the pokeball vivillon events case, it is June 4th.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also, just as a small warning, don't accept one that has a received date of June 4th. There is a 50/50 chance it is a powersaves hack. Any hack that is based off of a legal event can be traded but they will always generate a certain date. In the pokeball vivillon events case, it is June 4th.
Are you serious? The one I have says June 4.

I got it here, so I'll link that person here in case she has any questions.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I just recieved a pokeball pattern Vivillion. I really like it, so lovely. I wonder is it possible for you to breed patterns? I like all of the patterns and I like their shiny forms.

Back