• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Vivillon Forms

Years
  • I just recieved a pokeball pattern Vivillion. I really like it, so lovely. I wonder is it possible for you to breed patterns? I like all of the patterns and I like their shiny forms.

No, unfortunately it is not possible to breed for patterns without starting a brand new game and changing your location. the babies will always be your native pattern.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I got a Pokeball patern, and I wasn't sure at all it was legit (in fact, I was pretty sure it wasn't)

It's not French, it's italien (name Vivillon), but OT: Paris and ID: 06014. "a fateful encounter", level 12. Met in a pokemon center.

Soo powersaved, but only because of the name and tag.

I'm not a collector of Vivillon, I have some because of wonder trade and all, and I like it. But I want a Vivillon to EV train and play with, but I want the Icy Snow or Monsoon :(

Years
  • Vivillon does indeed have some potential in battling thanks to the powders, quiver dance, whirlwind, bug buzz and compound eyes. Its best to have a doubles partner that can cover his weakness( which are several) and provide some protection for it. For example, albeit not a good one but, I like to have greninja use mat block while vivillon uses QD, then next turn sleep powder, then followed by bug buzz/whirlwind or another QD. If you pull off two QD, WOW! its definitely going to leave a mark. I tried vivillon in a singles match and was not impressed at all though. Also don't forget to have spinner or defogger handy as vivillon hates rocks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Vivillon does indeed have some potential in battling thanks to the powders, quiver dance, whirlwind, bug buzz and compound eyes. Its best to have a doubles partner that can cover his weakness( which are several) and provide some protection for it. For example, albeit not a good one but, I like to have greninja use mat block while vivillon uses QD, then next turn sleep powder, then followed by bug buzz/whirlwind or another QD. If you pull off two QD, WOW! its definitely going to leave a mark. I tried vivillon in a singles match and was not impressed at all though. Also don't forget to have spinner or defogger handy as vivillon hates rocks!

I'm actually surprised you never mentioned it's signature move Powder. It's a priority move (so in most cases always goes first except when against a higher priority move I think) and covers teh target and if they use a fire move explodes and does up to 50 - 60% damage on the pokemon that used the fire move

Years
  • Vivillon does indeed have some potential in battling thanks to the powders, quiver dance, whirlwind, bug buzz and compound eyes. Its best to have a doubles partner that can cover his weakness( which are several) and provide some protection for it. For example, albeit not a good one but, I like to have greninja use mat block while vivillon uses QD, then next turn sleep powder, then followed by bug buzz/whirlwind or another QD. If you pull off two QD, WOW! its definitely going to leave a mark. I tried vivillon in a singles match and was not impressed at all though. Also don't forget to have spinner or defogger handy as vivillon hates rocks!

Vivillon surely becomes awesome once you can clear its main threats away, once it gets a Quiver Dance in or two it can truly wreak some havoc in battle. I had loads of fun using Vivillon during the early part of the story, mine pretty much one-shotted loads of early AI opponents using just Struggle Bug.

I loved how the forms change based on the region settings, it really helps encourage more people to connect globally to catch 'em all. As for the Poke Ball Pattern Vivillons, I do hope they can get more distributions in the future.

Years
  • I'm actually surprised you never mentioned it's signature move Powder. It's a priority move (so in most cases always goes first except when against a higher priority move I think) and covers teh target and if they use a fire move explodes and does up to 50 - 60% damage on the pokemon that used the fire move

I didn't mention it because, while it is a great strategy against a fire gym, its a bit too situational you be used online. I would much rather see moves used that are going to do something hopefully no matter what you are facing. I have had many many battles where I have never seen a fire type pokemon or move used. Vivillon already potentially has 4 move slot syndrome with moves that can assist, status, or hurt pokemon and aren't dependent upon a certain move being used. Oh I meant to say hurricane in my earlier post, not whirlwind.

now on the other hand, if powder worked a little different it would be great. What I mean by this is, if you could use powder on a pokemon and use one of your OWN fire type attacks to set it off, it would be great. I would love to see a water type take decent damage from a fire attack because of powder, XD.

:::snip snip:::

As for the Poke Ball Pattern Vivillons, I do hope they can get more distributions in the future.

I think I read somewhere that everyone will eventually get it, it is just that Paris got it first to commemorate the opening of the pokecenter over there. plus Kalos=France so they hooked them up all the way around:)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I didn't mention it because, while it is a great strategy against a fire gym, its a bit too situational you be used online. I would much rather see moves used that are going to do something hopefully no matter what you are facing. I have had many many battles where I have never seen a fire type pokemon or move used. Vivillon already potentially has 4 move slot syndrome with moves that can assist, status, or hurt pokemon and aren't dependent upon a certain move being used. Oh I meant to say hurricane in my earlier post, not whirlwind.

now on the other hand, if powder worked a little different it would be great. What I mean by this is, if you could use powder on a pokemon and use one of your OWN fire type attacks to set it off, it would be great. I would love to see a water type take decent damage from a fire attack because of powder, XD.

Blaziken is used quite often (I took down a Balziken with my Vivillon in fact), as is Chimchar, and with the advent of mega stones Charizard is being used a ton, and I've even seen Delphox a few times and those are just the starters. Not to mention all the fighting types that are given fire punch. How many pokemon have a natural ability to not be affected by sleep, not to mention all the items they could be holding that negate sleep, or moves that negate sleep, or moves their partner could be using that negate sleep, so really, Powder is just as good, bad and situational as Sleep Powder

Years
  • I agree with you IF the pokemon has been encore ' d into using a fire type move but if my pokemon was powdered, i just wouldn't use a fire type move. If Blaziken and infernape are the issue, I would rather use a sure thing in psychic than take a chance with powder. Charizard is just a tough match up but a QD+hurricane is still going to hurt it for neutral damage. The same applies for delphox.

Plus if it's anti sleep stuff you are worried about, I would go with poison power or stun spore. Something that will still affect more pokemon than powder ever could.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I just don't want to see vivillon get a bad rap if people read this and decide to use powder.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    No, unfortunately it is not possible to breed for patterns without starting a brand new game and changing your location. the babies will always be your native pattern.
    That and there's no place to breed these ones from. So you can never breed this one. Though I wonder if the NOA office is its own unique location...maybe not...

I got a Pokeball patern, and I wasn't sure at all it was legit (in fact, I was pretty sure it wasn't)

It's not French, it's italien (name Vivillon), but OT: Paris and ID: 06014. "a fateful encounter", level 12. Met in a pokemon center.
    If it's Italian, it's fake. I'm guessing that even if you take an English system to France and try to get it (because you can), you would still get it named "Prismillon" because that's what the OT's name for it is (just like a Pokémon nicknamed "Shocker" comes through with that instead of the species name). So if it doesn't say "Prismillon" it's definitely a hack.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • If it's Italian, it's fake. I'm guessing that even if you take an English system to France and try to get it (because you can), you would still get it named "Prismillon" because that's what the OT's name for it is (just like a Pokémon nicknamed "Shocker" comes through with that instead of the species name). So if it doesn't say "Prismillon" it's definitely a hack.

Ah well, I'll keep it for "collection" :P (He looks so nice!) I knew it was fake, but that's just confirmed it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can find the Poké Ball Vivillon in trade shops. I actually got one from there. I caution you, if you go to find one and take a trade, it may be a clone (which is accepted here as perfectly legitimate, especially by those who can't go to the event in question).

Here is what a real one looks like:

Tagged "FRE" for France
    Pokémon Name: Prismillon (French name, see source)
    OT: Paris
    ID: 06014
    Compound Eyes (mine was, but can also have Shield Dust)
    Stun Spore/Gust/Light Screen/Struggle Bug (nothing special in other words)
    Where: a Pokémon Center
    Lv.12
    A fateful encounter (like pretty much all Events)

It comes with a Classic Ribbon.

Also, just as a small warning, don't accept one that has a received date of June 4th. There is a 50/50 chance it is a powersaves hack. Any hack that is based off of a legal event can be traded but they will always generate a certain date. In the pokeball vivillon events case, it is June 4th.
    Oh, that's good to know, and is very helpful. Thank you both. Maybe I'll see if I can get a PokeBall Vivillon later.....

I agree with you IF the pokemon has been encore ' d into using a fire type move but if my pokemon was powdered, i just wouldn't use a fire type move. If Blaziken and infernape are the issue, I would rather use a sure thing in psychic than take a chance with powder. Charizard is just a tough match up but a QD+hurricane is still going to hurt it for neutral damage. The same applies for delphox.

Plus if it's anti sleep stuff you are worried about, I would go with poison power or stun spore. Something that will still affect more pokemon than powder ever could.
    I think that the idea behind Powder is to use it on a predicted Fire attack, since Powder has priority. If someone sends is using a Charizard against your Vivillon, what is it gonna use? A fire attack. That's when you use Powder; the Fire poke attempts to roast Vivillon, but blows up instead.

Though Vivillon does have plenty of other options, all viable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would any of us like to see more Vivillon forms to be introduced in ORAS? Personally, I would love it. It is native to Kalos, I understand, but there's hype behind it, why not keep it going? It's pretty popular among fans, so they should try keeping it that way for a while.

Years
  • Vivillon is one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon and it was on my main in-game team :)

I'm going to try and get all the patterns later this Summer! :)

Years
  • Would any of us like to see more Vivillon forms to be introduced in ORAS? Personally, I would love it. It is native to Kalos, I understand, but there's hype behind it, why not keep it going? It's pretty popular among fans, so they should try keeping it that way for a while.

Oh yes! We need more! It would be easy to incorporate new patterns into different regions because they could easily say that they migrated there and that's the reason for even more new forms. The environment could definitely play a part in the new patterns that would be acceptable because it happens with some real animals too:) Come on GF! Listen to the fans, XD.

Oh, that's good to know, and is very helpful. Thank you both. Maybe I'll see if I can get a PokeBall Vivillon later.....

I think that the idea behind Powder is to use it on a predicted Fire attack, since Powder has priority. If someone sends is using a Charizard against your Vivillon, what is it gonna use? A fire attack. That's when you use Powder; the Fire poke attempts to roast Vivillon, but blows up instead.

Though Vivillon does have plenty of other options, all viable.

You are welcome:)

Hmm, I didn't realize that powder had a priority of 1. It doesn't change my opinion on it too much but I do see a some more viability in it. It's not as bad as I first thought, but I'm still not completely sold. I think I will give powder some testing after all in the battle spot random battles. Though I would still not use that move slot in a tournament or anything I don't think.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hmm, I didn't realize that powder had a priority of 1. It doesn't change my opinion on it too much but I do see a some more viability in it. It's not as bad as I first thought, but I'm still not completely sold. I think I will give powder some testing after all in the battle spot random battles. Though I would still not use that move slot in a tournament or anything I don't think.
    If you can Powder a Charizard, one of two things will happen:

1. It goes boom.
    2. It uses something else and takes Vivillon out.

In the latter case, take out a Grass type with a Water-type move. Charizard is boned and can't attack with Fire for one turn, and must hurt itself to get access to its OHKO. Meanwhile, you send it to faintland after the explosion.

Years
  • If you can Powder a Charizard, one of two things will happen:

1. It goes boom.
    2. It uses something else and takes Vivillon out.

In the latter case, take out a Grass type with a Water-type move. Charizard is boned and can't attack with Fire for one turn, and must hurt itself to get access to its OHKO. Meanwhile, you send it to faintland after the explosion.

If I was to use powder, I would hope for the first so bad, XD. The thing powder has going for it is that it would be unexpected so it might just work against charizard. Having priority is the only benefit powder carries at all really. And luck, you really got to get lucky for that other player to not realize what's going on and use something else.
    I did think of something that may be a little viable, I only say a little because of how weak vivillon ' s defenses are, but set up some screens and powder any potential threat to ferrothorn so that ferrothorn could set up entry hazards. I don't think I would ever use vivillon this way but I could see someone doing it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    If I was to use powder, I would hope for the first so bad, XD. The thing powder has going for it is that it would be unexpected so it might just work against charizard. Having priority is the only benefit powder carries at all really. And luck, you really got to get lucky for that other player to not realize what's going on and use something else.
    I did think of something that may be a little viable, I only say a little because of how weak vivillon ' s defenses are, but set up some screens and powder any potential threat to ferrothorn so that ferrothorn could set up entry hazards. I don't think I would ever use vivillon this way but I could see someone doing it.
    Another way of thinking. Powder gets priority. If you are outsped on a normal priority move, you will be roasted by Flamethrower anyway. So Powder is like a troll technique saying, "You ain't doing that."

Years
  • So is anyone doing anything to help our little fancy pattern get here quicker? Personally I have been doing a lot of gts vivillon for vivillon trades.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I don't know if Wonder Trading counts, but I do that. I'm also collecting data there.

Back