• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Recent Threads

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • I think it would be cool to have a section for recent threads, it would help new commers be welcomed more, and help bring exposure to threads.

I just don't know where it would go..

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • By "recent threads" do you mean threads that have just been published? I know we have a feature at the top of the page for "New Posts" which show all the most recent posts, so maybe if that could be expanded coding wise it could fit into what you are proposing.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I like the idea! Like you said, it shows exposure to new threads, and I think that'll help those threads receive responses. I'm all for it, if it's possible.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think I might know what you're talking about; I've ran into forums before that have had this. There would be a box, basically, which would show about five to fifteen new threads posted by members on index. I personally don't think it's so bad, but only thing that I dislike is that if it's displayed on main home-page like most other forums, to some people, it might wind up being a little redundant (for example, if you're a role-player, you wouldn't find it much helpful to see things from game dev section). What would be better is, in my opinion, if they were placed board-by-board, and when you visit a specific section, you'd see a list of recent topics from that place only.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Do you mean threads with no replies as in that kind of recent? In theory it's cool and I know of another forum that has this feature, but it's a super active RP forum. I just feel like members might only be interested in new threads in specific sections, where then it's just easier to open the section and see what's new there because pages of new threads arent made in each section here everday.

Back