• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EVENT] Darkrai's Night Of Terror (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    300px-Darkrai_M10.png

Darkrai's Night Of Terror

a Halloween event RP, rated M
    BUT: don't go overboard!

The dark eve of Halloween falls over Hoenn. Human children dress up as monsters, witches and scary pokémon, full of glee and ready to take on the wonders of the night ahead of them. Little do they know that there are others who are also getting ready to scare... But these don't take treats as an offer.

High above the region, Darkrai's dark castle rests on the clouds. His minions are ready to descend to Earth and do his evil bidding - in order to stay afloat, his castle needs a very special kind of energy and tonight is the best night of the year to collect it. Human fright.

You are a pokémon in Darkrai's ranks, and you will go down to Hoenn to begin your work - complete scare missions and impress your boss.

A mission only means that you need to scare some people. Try to be creative, use the environment around you and make interesting use of your chosen moves! Who to scare? You decide. This event is all about being creative with the horror genre. You may make up and make use of any NPCs you can imagine. Even canon ones like gym leaders etc.

PLEASE NOTE that even if this RP is rated M in the good spirit of Halloween, we don't want you to go too graphic with injuries and gore or adult themes of any kind. Keep it tasteful - making your readers want to vomit is not scary and won't exactly earn you plus points.

oOo

Scoring Information
    Spoiler:

oOo

Map (warning large image)
    Spoiler:

GOOD HINT: joint scares are best done via a so called "joint post", or JP as we call them. You can type one up together by sending a Private Message here on PC back and forth and building on to the text a little bit at a time until you have got a finished scare post to post! Another way is to go to titanpad or etherpad, get a color each and write live until your scare is finished and can be posted.

LET THE SCARING BEGIN

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • chandelure.gif
    A Delare Scare Fest
    Spooks at the Dock

Supposedly the most safest place to be in these times of horrors is indoors. There are still the brave ones out there, believing there are no such thing as ghosts. Yeah right. Humans are all the same, naive and pathetic. I still don't know why my brother decided to be their pet instead of scaring them like me. Unlike him, I actually enjoy my job, and serving Darkrai isn't that bad. This year though, I got assigned to Hoenn, which has a lot of water nearby, which I hate. Sure these teleporting powers he gave me helps, but I still avoid it at all cost. The desert isn't any better.

"All passengers going to Lilycove must report to the docks right now and board the ship. Thanks for choosing-"

Before the announcement could finish, I hurled a Shadow Ball at it and cut off the transmission. I hear a few mumbling from the people, but no screams. Not just yet. These people from Slateport already been through things like Team Magma and Team Aqua, or so I heard. I shrug. I move quietly, camouflaged with the dark, and make my way to the ship. Now all I need to do is to get near that ship, then all the fun can begin. I see people push and pull each other hand in line. There's too many of them, but I need to distract them. I use my mental brain power and imagine this room to look like... that old abandoned house in Sinnoh, for some reason in the forest. As soon as the illusion was on, I snuck on the ship since everyone was looking at the walls.

"Wait a second, this is the dock, right?"

"What are you talking about? Everything looks normal. You're seeing things."

"Is that a spider nest in the corner?"

"This is so cool! I gotta take a picture!"

"This doesn't feel right."

"People, calm down. Everything is fine, you're all just delusional."

Pathetic humans. I made sure not to use Trick Room all power. Right now, I need to get to a dorm no one will come into. Or a room everyone comes in... This is so hard! I look to the left of me and see an open door, and I go in there and see a hiding spot under the bed. Perfect. I hear people coming in, and I hide underneath and try to forget I'm on a swaying ship on water. I hear the door close and hear a woman and a man talk.

"Why do we have to go to Lilycove again Garren? I was just fine in Mauville."

"That place wasn't safe anymore. You saw how many people are scared there."

"Oh come on, like all that stuff is true. Sheesh, you're so dramatic."

"You know what, you watch the tv here. I'll get us something to eat."

"Fine. Don't take too long."

"Like anything can happen in five minutes."

Oh, but everything can happen in less time than that. As soon as I hear footsteps and the door opening and closing, I concentrate on changing the room. This one will for sure believe in ghosts once I'm done with her. I guess this time I'll change the room to... the graveyard from Lavander Town. That was my favorite place, making fake humans appear and scare the lights out of everyone... As I see the setting change, I see the lady isn't paying any attention at all. Grunting, I hurl a Flame Burst at the tv and it blows up. She flinches back and screams. She screams more when she sees the graveyard.

"This isn't real, maybe you feel asleep or something. Yeah, this is all a dream. Nothing more..."

I throw a fused Energy Ball and Shadow Ball at a graveyard nearby, and it floats up, and lands on her feet. She screams more. As much as I love seeing fear, that is one horrible scream. Then I was about to throw a Flame Burst at another grave, but the door opens and I'm forced to cease the illusion. It's like he senses me because he releases out his Garchomp. So much for having fun on this ship, and there was so much people too... Oh well. But where to go? As I teleport away, I have two words in my mind. Mauville City.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    dusclops_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a445w.gif

The Horror Stories of Dark
    Jungle Terror​

I was sent to Fortree City... Working for Darkrai is the best thing you would wish. I chose Fortree because... Its a jungle... Easy to burn... And the Weather institute's light are dead because of the storm. Usually to scare i use Shadow Balls or Dark Pulses. But this time i would have fun on my own job.

I start to walk towards the Weather Institute... Time to have fun... i think.

The workers were trying to fix the 2 generators. I reach near one and Fire Punch one of the generators... Now it was impossible to put the institute working with lights on.

"Well i think all we can do is to work at the darkness." Says one of the workers. They all enter. I follow them.

As one separated from the others and started to work, I tried to go near him... Perfect... My First victim... I think. I use a Dark Pulse and the man stops the work. He was nervous. Good... He nervously tries call the boss by his Pokenav but i use Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse to stop communications and to destroy the phone. The man was getting nervous and was almost crying. Great!

I continue to Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball to destroy the equipment on that office. He starts to scream... After Destruction, Fear is what i love most.

"Ah... Guys i understood the joke so stop it please..." He was scared... Time to the great final... I light up my fists with Fire Punch. I start walking towards the man... He froze... His cry and screams were good... I was loving all the moment... Until all the workers came... Next destination Petalburg City... I disappear...

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • The Sandman's Lullaby
    Chapter One
    Nightmares in Littleroot Town

OOC: Holy crap, I got carried away with this post. If it's too long, please, say the word. I hope this is as good as I think it is.... I've been up for too long. Again, sorry for the extremely long post!

Here's my first post!

IC: Deep in the forestry surrounding Littleroot Town, a creature crept through the trees. He snuck, and slithered through the shadows, reaching ever closer to the quiet community. A wide, malicious grin formed across it's face, as he could see the lights of Littleroot Town come into focus. The task was simple. Reap as much fear as possible, for this very night. As the creature slithered closer, he could hear the laughter and cheers of children. He crept closer, to just being outside of clear view, hiding in the thick bushes. He saw a group of children, going around trick-or-treating together. A malicious, wicked grin slowly crept across it's face, imagining how loud and deep their screams would be.

Being fond of frightening children, he couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself at the prospect of this year's crop of potential fear. "Darkrai, my lord... I, The Sandman, will provide more than enough fear this year... heheheh." The moonlight shone upon his light yellow skin, and his white mane. "It may not be my beloved Lavender Town... however..." The creature stood up, out of his skulking position, revealing himself to be a Hypno. He was eyeing the child that lagged behind the others, the one child he had so carefully observed. The Hypno's beady eyes glinted, shimmering with nothing but malicious excitement. "This Hoenn region has so many children... so many innocent, little children... ripe for the frightening."

He kept still in those bushes, waiting for just the right moment. Never shifting his eyes from the young boy. He was around the age of six or seven, had brown hair, and looked to be quite the nervous type. He always kept the lag behind the other children. The Sandman didn't have much time to bide, the community was too small for his perfect moment. So... he had to improvise.

With his psychic powers on focus, he steadied himself. There was a house nearby his spot that the children seemed to not have stopped at. All of the children were at the Pokemon Research Lab, where Professor Birch was dressed as a Mightyena. All, but one. The little boy, who still kept away from the other children.

The Hypno grinned again, his teeth on show. He licked his lips in anticipation, and began his plan.

Afraid to approach, young Jacob watched from afar as the children he had accompanied was playing with Professor Birch. He saw his brother, Tyler, also having fun. He brushed his brown hair out of his eyes, and looked down at the ground. "I know I should be trying, but.... I'm scared of being around others... Maybe next year won't be so bad." Jacob muttered this to himself, before he could hear... something. It was coming from the trees. He tried to listen in, but the noise of the children was consuming whatever noise that haunted Jacob.

He got up, and walked towards the source of the noise. As Jacob slowly approached... he could make out the words...

"Come, young child, come with me... Safe and happy, you will be..." It sounded like a lullaby. But, the voice was a whisper, so he couldn't make out the rest... just those two lines.

Jacob, however wanting to return to the group, couldn't help but feel drawn to the song. It was as if his legs were not in his own control. Nor any part of him.

The Hypno, whispering the song he so enjoyed, was using his Psychic attack, but only to keep the young boy moving towards him, quickly enough so that the others wouldn't notice. Both Sandman and Jacob met each other's gaze, as the child was too close to the bush.

Before Jacob could do anything, the Hypno pulled him into the darkness of the forest around Littleroot Town, lulling him with his sinister lullaby. The boy could see the Hypno's sinister grin, but couldn't understand how he could be singing it without moving his mouth.

As if to answer, Sandman raised Jacob into the air, just a bit to meet his captor eye to eye. Jacob was in the hands of a Psychic-type Pokemon. The boy's lips quivered, his eyes widening as he could only see blackness in the Pokemon's eyes. Blackness, and an unmistakable look of malice.

The Hypno reached into it's mane, to pull out a pendulum, and raised it to Jacob's face. The pendulum had seemingly began to glow, as it swung back and forth, lulling poor Jacob into a deep sleep. Sandman decided it was time to end the game, and receive what he came for. He continued with his lullaby...

"Come, young child, come with me... Safe and happy, you won't be... Your fear and dread, will feed and freshen me... Oh, young child, you were not clever, now you'll stay with me, forever..."

Jacob fought to stay awake, his tears streamed down his face, as his eyes slowly closed. And with that last verse, the boy hung in the air, his face wet with tears, yet slept soundly.

"Now, my child... FEED ME!" The Hypno's eyes widened, his sclera became a deep red, as he was forcing a Nightmare attack onto the sleeping Jacob.

Jacob awoke to a small playroom, though it was sealed off completely. No doors, no windows, no anything. Just a bunch of letter blocks, and some dolls on the floor. He couldn't understand why either of these things were here. That, is, until... that creature appeared before him. His head hung low, his face not visible. Jacob whimpered, before weakly muttering, "No.... no, you can't be here...!" Jacob scooted to the opposite wall, fear now coursing through him. He couldn't understand why this Hypno was torturing him, and prayed for it to stop. The Hypno slowly raised it's head... and began to sing in a whisper again...

"Oh, young child, you were not clever... now you'll stay with me..." His face came into Jacob's view, and the sight... sent Jacob into tears. The Sandman's eyes were large, and his sclera was a blood red. His pupil was a pitch black, and his smile... the smile was too wide for even it to manage. He walked closer to Jacob, the room slowly losing it's color, the faces of the dolls slowly formed expressions of pure terror. It sounded as if screams came from every direction, bombarding Jacob from all sides. The boy was at his limit, but he couldn't move. The face that gazed down upon Jacob was getting too close... too close for Jacob to handle.

"Now you'll stay with me, forever, Jacob." The Sandman screamed into Jacob's face, forcing Jacob to awake and scream in utter terror. He jerked himself up off the ground he was laying on, jumped to his feet, and sprinted as fast as he could to Littleroot Town, terrified by the thought of that phantasm of a Pokemon chasing him. As he leapt from the bushes, he made it to Professor Birch's lab, banging on the door, begging to come in, for someone to help him.

The door had opened, one of his assistants at the door. Jacob held onto the assistant's leg and cried furiously, rambling about a psychotic Pokemon. The two rushed inside, and the door was slammed shut behind them.

Sandman was skulking through the forest, away from the no longer quiet little town. He wiped the sweat from his head, basking in the fear he had reaped. "Ahh... even I could taste the fear on that one... I love to start my night off strong. Look out, children of Hoenn... The Sandman is ready to sing his lullaby again..."

The Sandman, now finished with Littleroot Town, faded into the darkness, ready to find his next victim.

Last edited:

Akshat

The Pokemon King
    Years
  • 94.png

Gengar In Littleroot Town

The sky's are glowing from the evening sun "it is getting cold and it seems that there will be going to be a very cold night." a husband said to his wife and son but they didn't know that this cold was created by presence of a minion of Darkai his right arm gengar and this couple didn't know that this was time of a great sacrifice,the gengar seemed that their son will be a great rat for his lab so he follow him to his room where he had posters of some puny kid movies gengar thought how will be it to show this kid a horror movie when he was asleep so gengar went to his father he was working in his pokenav like resetting it,gengar used shadow ball to destroy his pokenav and created a horrified sound and from hearing it the man screamed and start running away from his couch and broken pokenav when his wife heard that scream she came to him and asked why he screamed so badly like he saw a ghost and take him to their bedroom for sleep but that foolish man and woman didn't know that a gengar was taking rest in their house and it seems that the time was 9 'O' Clock and gengar went to their sons room he saw that their son was sleeping so gengar use nightmare to create a horror movie that their son woke up while screaming in great pain then started sleeping again but with lights on and window open then gengar increased room temperature to 45 degree Celsius and dropped it to 2 degree Celsius to cause that boy a heart attack but this was not a failure it was a success that boy got a heart attack he was dead so gengar thought that their family members will know that he had been dead since night and they will be sad and in the morning they were scared because there was a surprise that gengar covered all of their house in blood's color and every where blood but they feel that this was really blood and a pic of death added to the entrance of their sons room this family was so scared that this would give power to darkai's castle for a month and it will be more that 6000 levitate points again gengar was no 1 in the list so gengar used teleportation machine to teleport to the Oldale Town to find his next victim.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 064.png
    Spooky Scary Spoony

Pacified Pacifidlog

Night had fallen on Pacifidlog Town, but lanterns had been hung for safety, and all the little children in their costumes were being shepherded along a designated route. A small group of children led by an old man were currently making the rounds, gathering their sweets and having a good time. Little did they know that they were being hunted...

As the kids gather under a lantern to compare their loot, Spoony watches from a nearby rooftop, hidden in shadows. With a wave of his spoon, several pieces of candy float out of the children's bags. They react in wonder, joyful cries of "Whoa!", "Cool!", and such meeting the Kadabra's ears. The children try to catch the floating candy as the old man looks around in confusion.

A silent Teleport brings Spoony to the street light, where a quick Psycho Cut severs the chain supporting the lantern, sending it crashing into the sea. Engulfed in sudden darkness, the kids cry out in surprise. They look to their chauffeur, but he is nowhere to be seen, having been lifted off the ground by the mad fox's Telekinesis. Spoony drags the old man toward him, another Teleport taking them both across town. The old man is released from his psychic bonds, finding himself on a lifeboat drifting away from the dock. He has enough time to hear a low chuckle as Spoony makes his getaway. After all, the children were still so full of fear.

The Kadabra returns to the street light to find the kids running toward another lantern. A quick Psybeam shatters the light source, and he fires off more to break the next one, as well as the one behind him. The children now realize that they are being targeted, and some step forward, no doubt to protect the others. Spoony Teleports into the middle of the group, using his Psycho Cut to cut the strings of their bags. He Teleports to a nearby rooftop, and even the brave children feel a sense of dread as their candy scatters across the ground.

The children rush for the safety of light, going for the closest house. The same house Spoony now stands on. With his Telekinesis, he sends the jack-o'-lanterns swooping toward the children, the flames inside flickering and sending shadows dancing across their faces. They scream in terror, fleeing back to their homes. The owner of the house steps outside to investigate the noise, and Spoony reveals one final trick: a Corsola rises from the water, missing it's entire bottom half. It slowly spins until it faces the nervous homeowner, then flies straight at him, lifeless eyes staring into his soul. With a scream, the man slams his door, hearing a loud *THUMP* as the Corsola slams into it.

Of course, it was just a pinata, but in the dark, guided by psychic power, it was a terrifying ghost from below the surface. With another chuckle, Spoony returns to his master's lair to plan his next move, vanishing in a puff of dark energy.

Last edited:

MurkMire

Years
  • The Sandman's Lullaby
    Chapter Two
    The Berry Master's Dead Garden

It was a calm, cool night for the Berry Master and his wife, as they were cleaning the berries they had gathered earlier that day. It was quite a harvest. The couple had to bring an extra basket. The Berry Master's wife looked up at her husband, with a warm smile on her face. She raised a Pecha Berry, and awed in it's ripeness. She looked at her husband, and said, "Dear, you've outdone yourself this time. The berries are simply splendid." The Berry Master blushed, and said with a chuckle, "Now honey, I wouldn't be the Berry Master if I didn't make such delicious berries, would I?" The two exchanged a hearty laugh. His wife didn't shift her gaze. "Dear... I don't know where I would be right now, if I hadn't met you and your beautiful garden."

The Berry Master sighed in content, his face once again blushed as red as a tamato berry. "Thank you. But, you know as well as I that my garden wouldn't be as wonderful as it is without you." The two went back to cleaning off the berries, in peaceful, content silence. They listened to the wind, blowing ever so gently, along with the wildlife outside.

However... their night would be a fright to remember, on this Halloween night. Just behind their home, in the dense forest, lurked the Sandman. He had noticed that only an elderly couple lived there, and thought to himself, "[COLOR="60099"]What a chance this is. Sure, there aren't any children around... but, my brand of fear can't be restricted to ONLY children. Not on this night, of course... heheheh.[/COLOR]" The Sandman began to skulk around the forest that surrounded the home of the elderly couple. He knew that Darkrai needed as much fear as possible. Besides, he had some occasional fun with the elderly when he occupied Lavender Town.

As the Sandman lurked closer, he noticed the couple had an impressive garden of berries off to the side of their home. This gave the malicious Hypno a number of ideas. "I think I may have fun with this one..." The Sandman hid himself behind the thick trees closest to the garden. As he prepared himself, he took a very deep breath, and began to release a Poison Gas attack onto the garden of berries.

As the toxic gas reached the crops, they slowly began to wither, and die. The small trees followed suit, turning into sick, darkened shades of their once lively color. The Sandman released more Poison Gas, blowing it to the home of the Berry Master.

As the couple polished off the last of their berries, the Berry Master took a seat on his chair, letting himself relax a bit before turning in for the night. His wife was in the kitchen, preparing to put away the berries. That was, until she looked out the kitchen window, which saw out back. The only thing she could see was a sick, purple fog outside her window. She gasped, and tried to call for her husband, but there was a "tap-tap-tap" at her window. She quickly turned, and saw what can only be described as a phantasm. The fog outside clouded it's appearance, all but one feature. It's eyes were glaring at her. Beady, black eyes glared deep into her psyche. She could feel herself slipping into unconsciousness. Try as she might, she was too old to fight off the all-consuming sleep. She fell to the floor, caught in a deep sleep.

The Berry Master was as well trying not to fall asleep. But, he was just trying to stay awake enough for his wife. He couldn't hear what was going on in the kitchen. However... "Knock-knock-knock." Three knocks at the door gave the Berry Master a start. "Uh, uh, I'm awake!" He didn't think about going to his wife. His routine, if ever a knock at the door, was to greet any trainer that came to visit. When the Berry Master began to open the door...

The door swung in an instant, a cloud of poison filled the room. The Berry Master, though heavily startled, tried to cover his mouth. He stepped backwards, trying to see outside, but it was no use. All he could see was the encroaching cloud of poison that seemed to engulf everything in it's wake. He fell to his knees, coughing and wheezing. Beads of sweat ran down his head profusely, his temperature rising. The fear began to rise, and quite quickly at that.

As the toxic fumes grew closer, they stopped. It took the Berry Master a minute or two to notice, but the poison had just stopped, as if time itself stopped. That's when the elderly man began to hear a whispered song, "Ring around the Rosy... Pockets full of Posy..." A figure came into view, walking through the door, through the toxic gas that hung in the air. It wasn't even hindered by the gas it walked through. "Ashes... Ashes..." The Berry Master was trying to scoot back from whatever was approaching, but he banged his head, he tried to stand up, but an unknown force stopped him halfway. He was on one foot, and his other leg was caught in the motion. The creature's hand was held out, holding the Berry Master in place.

The creature... began to laugh, with a maniacal laugh that held the Berry Master in terror. "We all... fall..." The poisonous gas began to recede outside, leaving from whence it came. The Berry Master, not wanting to look, was then forcibly looking with eyes wide. The door slammed a s the last bit of gas exited the home, and a Hypno stood before him, still holding him in place. He looked up, with a deep, blood red sclera, and pupils as black as night. "We all... fall... DOWN!" He slammed the old man to the ground onto his back, the Berry Master crying out in pain. The Hypno crouched over him, his horrible eyes now piercing into his very psyche.

"Come now, old man... let's play..." The Sandman widened his eyes, sending his victim into a deep sleep with Hypnosis. The Berry Master, with tears in his eyes, sobbed and cried. But, he too, was overcome by sleep. "Time to live the nightmare, old man. Hehehahahah..."

The Berry Master's vision slowly faded to black. His mind drifted, and with it, so did he. Suddenly, the Berry Master woke up in his garden. He looked up at the sky, which was a clear blue. "Honey, please get up. You know you shouldn't be sleeping in the garden." It was the voice of his wife calling to him. He tried to get up, but his body failed him. He was motionless, only able to look up at the sky, and the berries that hung over him. "Honey... Come now..." Her voice was a bit louder, sound as if she was getting closer. The Berry Master tried to call back, but even his vocal chords felt numb. He couldn't speak, nor even make a sound.

"Honey... Get... Up..." That last word... sounded distorted. That last word sent shivers up the Berry Master's spine. He couldn't help but notice, as only his eyes could move, that there were even more berries around him. Smothering him, seemingly. He tried to yell, but his voice was gone. It didn't even feel like he was opening his mouth at this point. He began to panic, began to hyper ventilate. He could hear his wife's footsteps draw closer. He thought maybe she could help him.

"H-Honey... Please... GET UP!" A face came over his, but it wasn't his wife's face. It was a horrid, ghastly doppelganger of her. Her eyes were pitch black sockets, her mouth formed into a wide, malicious smile, and her hair that was once a beautiful silver, was now butchered and cut in many ways. The Berry Master tried to scream, but he couldn't. It, the monster, lowered itself closer to the Berry Master face, and screamed like a banshee. The sky above became a dark, crimson red, the face became more and more distorted, too gruesome for words. Then, the phantasm began to retake shape, but not in the form of his wife.

The form took yellow skin, a white mane, a large, beak-like nose, and eyes that he met with once before. The Berry Master was in full panic mode. His heart raced, his head pounded, and he prayed for this nightmare to end.

"Ring around the Rosy, Pockets full of Posy..." The creature laughed as he sang in the Berry Master's terror. He smile grew even wider, and as the devilish Hypno began it's final verse... more voices could be heard. "Ashes to ashes, we all fall down..." The berries... his precious berries that were now dead, began to take shape... they grew faces as horrendous as his captor. Eyes, empty and void of any color, and mouths just as empty.

The Hypno plucked a dead Pecha Berry, and held it in front of the Berry Master. It's face contorted into terror, it screamed in terror as it was forced into the Berry Masters gaping mouth. The monster forced his jaw into a chewing motion, taunting him in saying, "Now now... you must chew your food, old man. Heheheh!"

The Berry Master cried even harder, and has he forcibly swallowed the dead berry, he shut his eyes tightly.

After what seemed like an eternity, he opened his eyes again. He was sitting in his chair, in his home. The Berry Master gasped, observing his surroundings, paranoid of that phantasm hiding in his home. He sat there for a few minutes, before getting up off of the chair, and walked to the kitchen, to tell his wife of the horrible nightmare that occurred. His wife was sitting in the dining area, her head laying on something she was holding closer to her. "H-Honey.... are you okay?" He raised his wife's head... and screamed in terror.

What he was met with was his wife, paralyzed by fear. Her face, frozen in horror, eyes wide open as she was holding a basket of dead Pecha berries. He fell to the floor, and fainted.

The Sandman, not only satisfied with another successful mission, but with a couple of ripe Pecha berries in his hand as well. The Sandman laughed, and took a bite out of the Pecha berry, before fading into the darkness once again, leaving the now dead garden behind.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    dusclops_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a445w.gif

The Horror Stories of Dark
    The woods of fear​

I arrived and went to Petalburg Woods. I hid on some bushes and watch the teenagers... One girl around the 14 was with a witch costume. She was bored:

"Did we needed to come with costumes?" She says.

"Well... with costumes is better!" Says another girl with a Cat Costume smiling... Better saying... My next victim! But separating them was hard. She changes her expression. "I'm going to my home to use the restroom and i come back in no moment." She goes away. Perfect...

She was running to go fast to her home until... I used my Dark Pulse to make her stop. She sensed the dark energy and was looking around. Then i light my punches with Fire Punch. I was a little bit distant and she saw the fire. I start to walk back wards. She was stupid in follow me. I was luring her to the darker side of the woods. I could see her face but she did not saw mine. She was scared.

She reached to the end. I was in the bushes. She looked around and she started to become nervous. "Oh no! Now i'm lost! I will call the others..." I did my trick of Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse. The Phone was destroyed. "W-What just happened?"

I keep shooting Shadow Balls and Dark Pulses. She was scared now. I get out of the bushes. She freezes for a second. Then i light again my punches with Fire Punch. I keep walking towards her.

She screamed so loud that i continued. She tries to run but she trips on a root. Her foot was now stuck. She was crying so much. Loving the moment.

Then i create what all the Dusclops can create... A black hole. She looked for me and saw the black hole. Then she faints. I was almost reaching her until i hear the voices:

"Don't worry! Me and Dad will help you!" Said one voice.

"Ruby you didn't needed to come here. And if someone kidnapped her? You are expert in contests not in pokemon battles!" Says another.

"Mr. Norman and Ruby! We need to find our friend." Says another.

Not this guy. Norman the gym leader... He is one of the strongest gym leaders of all... I hide in the bushes. The others find the girl.

"Here is she!" Says one. "She is breathing... She is OK." They took her away. Not again! Someone interrupted me again! Anyway my next destination is Mount Pyre. I have to deal with someone.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • zorua.gif
    Night Daze - Dig - Incinerate - Grass Knot

Delano, the Illusionist

Rustboro City
    Comience la Noche de Miedo

The burnt orange sky was quickly darkening as the sun fell beneath the horizon. Delano was positively giddy; tonight he was free to wreak havoc upon the humans.

He may not have been Darkrai's personal protégé, but he considered himself pretty damn good at what he did. Most others preferred to utilize simple parlor tricks, and while that was all well and good for evoking pathetic moments of surprise and jump scares from the humans, it was not true fear. Delano was one for a bit more finesse; he knew what true fear was, and he was its loyal harbinger.

Just the thought of what tonight would bring elicited a shrill and jovial giggle from within him. He couldn't wait to witness these humans crumple before him in droves of abject terror and consuming horror.

He looked out over the city of Rustboro, watching the humans frolic in their obnoxious manners from high above, perched atop a five story building. This wasn't a place he particularly enjoyed shadowing, but it was as good a place as any to begin harassing the humans. They amassed in hordes among these streets, seldom looking up or paying heed to their surroundings, believing themselves to be safe, which made them easy targets.

Fear came in many shapes and forms. Surprise and shock were just as viable as terror and agony. They weren't nearly as fun on their own, but when combined they proved potent, and either way they made for a nice warm up. Delano was biding his time before he would truly get his paws dirty.

He allowed a sly grin to decorate his countenance. With a silent leap, he alighted on a spire of a lower building, proceeding to jump between the congested edifices until he reached the ground. He took off with incredible speed, quickly closing in on his first target.

As far as he was concerned, any human was fair game. Sure, some were definitely more prone to fear than others, but there was no specific "type" that defined their capacity for fear. A large, imposing individual was not necessarily more emotionally stable than an anemic, sickly body. It was certainly more amusing to see a tower of a man cowering in a corner and wetting himself than a shy, pathetic being that one would expect nothing less of.

He made a sharp turn around a grouping of buildings, stealthily sliding into the foliage of a large shrub. Moments later the sounds of laughter and footsteps drifted past. Two teenage boys and one girl. It was about time to hear some screams.

The first thing Delano needed to do was briefly separate one of the trio from the other two. He looked the teens up and down. One of the boys was clad in some odd makeup and a violet suit, while the other was wearing a rather form-fitting red corset, the lower half that covered his nether regions being blue with white stars, along with long red boots, gold armlets, a gold headband, a long black wig, and a lasso. Delano didn't really understand the costumes. Humans were strange.

The girl, however, was wearing an outfit that resembled a Gardevoir. That was something he could imitate.

As a Zorua, he was adept at producing vivid illusions, and he could take on practically any form. He rushed out of the bushes in front of the teenagers, adapting the form of a young Ralts. The teens halted, startled. After they had recovered from the initial shock, they started laughing, and the girl bent down to try and pet Delano.

He ducked backwards, furiously waddling away from the girl. As expected, she walked behind him, laughing and calling out to him. Her male friends watched as she disappeared around the hedges in pursuit of the disguised Zorua, still laughing themselves.

Once they had rounded the hedges, Delano tapped his right foreleg on the ground and produced a Grass Knot. The girl tripped, muttering under her breath as she attempted to get back to her feet. Now was not the time for that, though. Delano increased the Grass Knot, causing the hedge next to the girl to practically come alive, ensnaring her and pulling her into it, trapping her and keeping her silent by gagging her.

Delano giggled. He could see the fear in the girl's eyes as she was consumed by the plant. It was glorious.

Once she was gone, he altered his form again, taking on the likeness of the girl. Her friends came around the hedges a second later, teasing Delano for chasing himself—or, rather, the girl for chasing him.

Delano walked away with them, snickering as the girl's muffled cries radiated from the bushes, drowned out by her friends' laughter.

A few minutes later, as he trailed behind the two male humans, he produced a small Night Daze and allowed the dark aura to creep over him, until it began to conceal his human form. The two boys stopped and looked back at their "friend," jumping back and yelling as they saw her being consumed by shadows. Delano decided to turn up the heat with a bit of acting, pretending to gag and suffocate from the dark cloud, doing his best to look as if he were an innocent human girl writhing in agony.

As the boys began to panic, he turned up the heat some more, but in a slightly more literal sense. He produced an Incinerate, making it appear as though he was catching fire. The "skin" on his illusion began to crack and peel, and he dropped the image of the girl to her knees. As the bones beneath her skin began to show, he caused the darkness from the Night Daze to roll over himself completely, and then dissipate. By the time the cloud of darkness had dispersed, however, he had created the illusion of nothingness, running behind a nearby tree.

The boys began to scream, frantically searching for any trace of their apparently dead friend.

The fear was palpable, and its taste delicious.

Among many things, humans feared death. But one thing they feared more than their own deaths was that of a loved one, especially when combined with the feeling of being completely and utterly helpless as they watched another suffer, unable to do anything to assist them. Delano had witnessed it time and time again. It was a form of absolute terror that divided the heart and crushed the soul, and it was one of his favorite toys when it came to wracking the psyches of humans.

The boy in the jester outfit dropped to his knees, hyperventilating as the situation brought on a panic attack. The boy that was dressed in what Delano believed to be clothing for human females stood there in shock, tears in his eyes as he looked around for the girl, to shocked too come to the other boy's aid.

Other humans were beginning to take notice of the commotion, and a few rushed to the sides of the teenagers. It would take them a little while longer to find their third friend, so their fear would continue and grow with each passing minute. It made Delano shudder with pure, uncontained glee.

He was truly a cruel soul.​

Years
  • 064.png
    Spooky Scary Spoony

One Hour at Hideki's

It was dark in Dewford, especially in the Gym. Although most people had gone home already, one man remains behind. Black Belt Hideki spars with a training dummy, his PokeNav blaring Little Mac's Theme from Punch-Out. A single light bulb lights the room, leaving the corners and doorway in shadow. A burst of static comes from Hideki's PokeNav, startling him and causing him to stop. He looks around the room, but doesn't see anything. He shrugs, turning back toward the dummy, taking a sta-

Wait what was that.

He does a double take, certain he had seen something move by the door. He turns off his music, staring at the shadowy doorway. His breathing is loud and heavy in the sudden silence, and he takes a moment to catch his breath, closing his eyes for a moment.

Just long enough for a fox-like creature to slip inside unseen.

Hideki turns away from the door, dismissing it as just adrenaline playing tricks on him. He reaches for his PokeNav, but it's gone. Confused, he looks around the room, spotting it over by the east wall. He grunts in annoyance, going to pick it up. He passes by one of the dark corners, shooting it a suspicious glance.

A pair of eyes opens in the dark as he passes, watching him.

Hideki grabs his PokeNav, turning back again. He spots the eyes in the corner, jumping back in surprise. The eyes suddenly vanish, and Hideki rushes forward, grabbing the light to shine it into the corner.

There's nothing there.

Now shivering, he lets go of the light, letting it swing back and forth on its chain. The light makes the shadows dance, and he sees something disappear out the door. His training dummy is gone. "Ha ha, very funny. Is that you, Tessa? Good prank, but I saw you."

There is a *POP*, and the room is plunged into darkness as the light bulb breaks.

Hideki whirls around, gasping in fear. "Tessa? L-Laura? ...Brawly?" Though he can't see anything, he can hear a faint noise, like a whisper. Just once, a soft sound to his right. He turns his head, but hears nothing. He fumbles for his PokeNav, when he hears the sound again, closer now and behind him. He spins around, holding up his PokeNav to provide some light, any light. The soft green glow from the device reveals nothing, so he turns slowly, his breath coming quick and ragged.

*whoosh*

He spins, turning toward the sound and lifting his PokeNav. The faint light reveals nothing, when the light goes out due to inactivity. He moves his finger, pressing the power button to light up the screen again.

"BRAAAA!"

Mere inches from his face, he sees sharp teeth and large white eyes, and hears a loud, angry roar. He screams in terror, running for the door. In the darkness, he can't see the training dummy rise from the floor and trip him, sending him tumbling headfirst into the wall.

--

Hideki groans, opening his eyes slowly. There is light, and Little Mac's Theme plays loudly in the corner. "Was that... a dream? No. A nightmare..." He goes to grab his PokeNav and bag, wanting to go home, but finds he can't move. He struggles, but he is securely chained to a pole, his limbs positioned in the same pose as a training dummy. "Wha... what's going on?!"

A shape appears in the darkened doorway, moving toward him slowly and stiffly. His training dummy jerks into the light, striking a pose. He hears the creaking of plastic as other dummies lurch into sight. He screams, looking around in panic.

From the doorway, a pair of eyes watches from the shadows. A low chuckle is drowned out by Hideki's scream, and the poor man faints in terror. Spoony releases the dummies from his Telekinesis, letting them fall to the floor as he Teleports away.

Last edited:

MurkMire

Years
  • The Sandman's Lullaby
    Chapter Three
    Twisted Maze of Rusturf Tunnel

A young trainer, by the name of Rebecca, had just finished a party with some new friends she made in Rustboro City. She was beginning the quick trip back to Verdanturf Town. Rebecca was supposed to leave tomorrow morning to start her journey, and of course, Rebecca wanted a good night's sleep.

"Tor! Torchic, Tor!" The Chick Pokemon vibrated in excitement from the fun it had with the other trainer's Pokemon. "I know, sweety. We did have fun, didn't we? I'm sure we'll meet up with them... someday." She held her partner in her arms, holding Torchic close. The two were just making the halfway point.

"Oh, my... what do we have here? A fresh, young trainer and her partner. How cute..." The Sandman, lying in wait in the forest for some time, caught sight of a young girl, heading toward Rusturf Tunnel. "Oh, me oh my... not another living soul again? I seem to get the lonely ones. Oh well... at least I get to try something new. No time to waste..." The Sandman crept into Rusturf Tunnel, waiting for his prey to arrive.

Rebecca and her partner Torchic began closing in on the Rusturf Tunnel entrance, just past the Tunneler's House. But, at some point... Rebecca could have sworn see saw a shadow of some sort, seemingly slithering into the cave just as quickly as it appeared before her. She stopped, and tried to rationalize what she saw. "Tor?" Her Torchic looked up at her curiously. "Torchic, you didn't see..." She stopped again, and shook her head. "Nevermind, let's go. It's just my eyes playing tricks on me." The two hurried off into the tunnel, Rebecca pulling out her flashlight.

"Now Torchic, let's be careful... you never know what will attack you, even at night." She could hear her voice echo throughout the cave, but not another sound was present. Just silence. This certainly spooked Rebecca a bit, but she pressed on. She held her Torchic close, and kept her flashlight facing forward, a straight path as it always was, always has, and always will.

But, still... something didn't seem right. No Pokemon were active, at all. Even at night, she'd still be bothered by a Zubat or a Geodude. But this... this was putting Rebecca on edge. Even so, she tried to keep as quiet as possible. She didn't want to wake up the Pokemon that inhabited this cave.

"You never know, indeed..." Rebecca stopped dead in her tracks. She was very much startled, as she could have sworn no human being was spending Halloween night in a dark cave. She kept still, thinking maybe she just imagined that whisper was just from her imagination. Silence was the cave's response. She sighed in content, and began to step forward. Suddenly, she fell to the cave floor, accidentally throwing her Torchic out to catch herself. She hurt her right knee, but tried to look up. Rebecca saw the flashlight off to the side. It was aimed at Torchic, who was lying on it's side in pain. "I'm sorry, sweety. Can you stand?" The Chick Pokemon tried to get up, but fell onto it's back. It must have hurt it's leg when it fell. "Oh no... I've got some medicine..." She reached into her bag, until she heard a shrill, "TORCHIIIIIC!"

She looked back up, and her partner was gone. She couldn't believe what she was happening. Her feet randomly slipping from under her, and her injured Torchic vanished in just a second. Rebecca began to panic. She never was in a situation like this before.

"Torchic?! Sweety?! Where are you?!" She cried out, but all that replied was silence. She crawled towards the flashlight, trying to find her partner quickly. Before she was even halfway, a yellow hand reached out from the darkness, and slowly flicked the power off.

Her eyes widened. "What WAS that?" She tried not to let her mind race. Rebecca tried and tried to call out to her Torchic, but the unforgiving silence of the cave was all that accompanied her. She began to sob quietly, trying to tell herself there wasn't a monster in the cave with her. That's when she began to mutter, "There's no monsters... There's no monsters... There's... no...-" "Monster? Of course there's no monster here." The raspy, spiteful voice came from what she thought to be all directions. She began to shudder. She didn't want to meet whatever was toying with her, monster or not.

"After all... Most humans say I'm much worse." With a flick, the flashlight Rebecca had lost was shined into her face, blinding her for a few moments. She tried to focus her eyesight, but was met with a creature she could somewhat see from the dimming bulb. A white mane... yellow skin... and eyes that glared into her being. Rebecca tried to identify the creature before her, but was forced to the ground by an unseen hand. It's smile grew too wide for her liking, she felt the creature's malicious intent from it's face. It's face came closer, and closer, until she could see what was playing her. A Hypno, which didn't even make any sense. She had never even HEARD of a Hypno inhabiting the Hoenn region.

The force was pressing her to the ground too hard, she begin to feel her breath being taken from her. "Now, then... let's play. Heheheh..." The Hypno pulled out it's pendulum from deep within it's mane. It was at eye level with Rebecca, and she knew what was coming. She tried to close her eyes, to turn her head away, but the malicious Hypno forced her into place with it's Psychic attack. The pendulum, glowing from the light off the dim bulb of her flashlight, began to sway back and forth. Her eyes, stuck on the shine of the pendulum, began to feel her eyelids become heavy. Try as she might, she fell fast asleep.

The Sandman released his grip, and she fell to the cave floor. He was ready for the real fun to begin. "Ready or not... here I come..."

Moments had passed, as Rebecca laid there on the cave floor. She started to come to, and noticed that the Hypno was gone. Not only that, but her flashlight was in her hand. She still couldn't hear nor see her Torchic. "Torchic! Tooorchic!" Her voice echoed far, but no reply was given. Rebecca sighed, and tried to shake off that horrible experience. "Was that a dream? Did I hit my head when I fell? Possible... Regardless, I have to find Torchic." She began to walk forwards, the only other way out of Rusturf Tunnel. The young trainer was walking at a fast pace, desperately concerned over her Pokemon. Every possible way, she shined her flashlight from left to right, until she hit a wall. With a loud grunt of pain, she stepped back, and pointed her flashlight at something she couldn't believe.

A wall, right in the middle of Rusturf Tunnel. "This can't be. Rusturf Tunnel is a straight path, you can't get lost in here!" She yelled loudly, filling the cave with her frustration. She stood there, staring at the wall that taunted her, daring her logic to explain the wall. She sighed, and turned around, only to be met by another wall. She gasped, and fell back. Just ten steps away from the first wall did she meet an opposite wall. "No... no, this isn't possible! I just walked through here!" She looked back and forth at both walls, both cave walls that just seemed to appear with no warning. Shakily, she stood up. Rebecca took a few deep breaths to collect herself, but her panic wouldn't leave her. Not with what she's been faced against. Turning around, she pointed her flashlight. It was a dead end. No, not a dead end...

Rebecca noticed a single word that shook her to the core. Scrawled on the wall, with what she prayed was red paint, simply read, "RUN." She could her the word in her mind boom, and she did just that. She ran away from the dead end, running in a straight path, until she came upon an intersection. "What... what is this?!" She screamed loudly, her fear rising in her chest. Left, right, or straight. She tried to think of which way was the best option.

"Run... Run..." The voice from before... the voice of that creature was coming from behind her, closing in with each moment she stood there. She ran to the right, keeping her flashlight in front of her at all times. However, she could hear something moving at ridiculous speed towards her. "Run... you have to keep running..." The voice seemed to be getting even closer, no matter how fast Rebecca tried to run. Her eyes welled up with tears, her breath was getting heavier with how tired she was getting.

Rebecca knew whatever was chasing her was something she didn't want to be around. Another intersection, she took a left. Another intersection, she kept straight. Rebecca's pace was slowing down,,, but she tried to use every bit of her energy to escape. That's when she saw it. The cliche light at the end of the tunnel. It glowed white, and didn't seem too far. "Keep... Running... " The voice was right at her ear. She screamed, and sprinted to that white light. As she closed the gap, Rebecca threw herself in, praying that she made it outside.

When she looked up... she realized it wasn't over. Where Rebecca found herself was in a dead end. It looked like a large room, where four torches lit up each corner of the room. Though, when she finally noticed the wall in front of her, she was met was another message, scrawled in a deep, crimson substance. "You Can't Save Your Partner..." The young trainer pulled herself into a ball, rocking back and forth, crying, sobbing and wishing for this nightmare to be over. She looked behind her, and read the final message.

"You Can't Even Save Yourself." Rebecca screamed loudly in terror, begging, pleading, demanding someone, anyone to help her. "Please... please, stop! Please, help me..." She cried, rolling to her side in a feedle position. "I can help you, my dear..." The voice laughed quietly, though still audible to the broken trainer. Rebecca shook her head furiously, trying to block out her tormentor. "Just... open your eyes..." Without missing a beat, her eyes were forced open to meet a pair of empty, dark sockets, and a smile so wicked, so frightening, she screamed in terror. The mouth had no teeth, it was just as void as the eyes of it's owner. The Hypno, which had toyed with her before, was standing before her. Rebecca didn't fight back, nor did she try to get away. She could only stare, with wide, frightened eyes, and muttered under her breath for it all to end.

"Don't worry... it'll all be over soon." The Sandman lifted Rebecca into the air, and opened it's mouth so incredibly wide, it was reminiscent of a snake's jaw unhinging. Rebecca's mind went into chaos. She screamed and screamed, but she was slowly being pulled into the Sandman's large, gaping mouth.

With her last breath, she screamed a bloodcurdling scream, and immediately awoke, jerking herself off of the cold cavern floor. Her Torchic and flashlight sat in front of her, but she ripped both her partner and tool off the ground, held both of them tight to her chest, and ran to the exit of Rusturf Tunnel. Verdanturf Town was beset by Rebecca's immeasurable horror.

"Hmhmhm... Heheheh... Haahhh... I never tire of this." The eyes of the Sandman looked out from the darkness of Rusturf Tunnel onto Verdanturf Town's big upset. He then faded once again, scouring the Hoenn region for his next scare.

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One
    Years
  • Spirit The Gengar

Littleroot Town

Such a nice night. That was all that ran through my mind as I slipped down the streets of Littleroot Town. I was busy however, so I hadn't much time to explore. I absolutely loved our mission from Darkrai! I couldn't wait for the fun to begin. I chuckled ghostly as I made my way down the street. To scare up some fun, I'd have to find some humans. So that's what I did.

Just a little farther down, I managed to find a lone boy walking down the street. Oh I couldn't wait! I creeped behind him, and tapped his shoulder, quickly voiding myself into a nearby tree. He gasped and whipped his head around frantically, but continued walking. Ah, a paranoid one I'd found, hm? This would definitely be fun!

Silently I approached again, tapping his shoulder before twisting my face about in the scariest manner I could imagine. The boy, turned around, and gave a delightful screech, to which I gave an evil giggle. He took off down the street, but I could tell he wasn't completely finished being scared. Lucky for me however, he took off through some trees, and a wonderfully evil idea came to me.

So I followed him, using Shadow ball to knock the trees over so they fell closely behind him. He let out a screech of terror, one of which was music to my ears. I had stopped not to long after, but the boy continued to run. I grabbed my stomach to try and stop my uncontrollable chuckles. Such a beautiful night this would be.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • chandelure.gif
    A Delare Scare Fest
    An Alcoholic Chapter

Ever since I could remember from the first time I came to Hoenn, I knew that the best place to take advantage of people and scare them is in Mauville City. People love their little alcoholic drinks for a reason, and stranger is that they love acting strange around it. But, that also makes them oblivious to details, so it is easy for servants of Master Darkrai to scare them face to face without being caught. No one believed them anyway. Drunkards was the word people say to each other. Feeble humans. Then again, this place is better than my home in Lavander Town, where witches and psychics love to hunt pokemon, especially us ghosts in Lavander Tower, down. They reveal our cloaks of darkness and open us to the world to see. The first time I ever scared one was the last time I did. I shudder at the memory, but then I blinked as I took my surroundings.

I forget I was waiting for people to come now. It's been a while, and it's been a mixture of sane and drunks of humans, which is not good for my reputation. Sure it would give me a status, but Darkrai wouldn't appreciate if his secret army was discovered. Mauville City is actually pretty active; after all, there that bike shop, a silly little electrical gym, and a game corner. Pretty pleasant places to scare at, but I prefer to do things out in the open. As time passed and sane people didn't die out, I decided to take a look at the alleys. I've heard they do a lot of things that shouldn't happen, but I am not sure of what exactly. As I go forth over there, I smiled as I see everyone there with a bottle in their hands. This is so going to be easy; after all, I need to make up my last failure.

I picture hard in my mind that I do not stand in the alley. Instead, I'm in a room, on the top floor of Lavander Tower, my home. If my memory serves well, I can see the blue lights in each corner, and the exit is hidden away somewhere. There are graves everywhere, and a very deep mist served to protect us spirits. The floor glowed blue, and the walls were pure dark. There was definitely laughter, and on the ceiling, there was a dead body nailed up there to symbolize our dominance over humans. As I opened my eyes, I see all of them look in awe and confusion of their setting. They looked all around to see who caused this, and six drunk pair of eyeballs laid on me.

Smiling, I chanted:

"FEAR DARKNESS, FOR YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE IS HERE! ALL OF YOU HUMANS WILL ROT AND DIE IN. YOUR OWN INCOMPETENCE!"

As I said this over and over again, one of them covered their ears.

"Shut up! Stupid spirits! I swear I killed my wife by accident! I didn't know it had a trigger!"

I really didn't know what he was saying, but his sobbing was getting on my nerves. I want some screaming, not child's play. I used my flames and aimed multiple embers on the bottles on their hands. It exploded, and all of them screamed in pain as fire spreads all over their skin. They screamed in agony, pain, and horrible gurgling. It was beautiful, the pain, the suffering. I will mercy them, but not before one last thing. I aim a Shadow Ball on the dead body on the ceiling and it falls on top of them. They scream in sheer horror, and I let the illusion cease and let darkness develop over me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 064.png
    Spooky Scary Spoony

Riot in Rusturf

Taking a break from scaring the humans, Spoony heads to Rusturf Tunnel, a cave populated solely by Whismur, one of the most obnoxious Pokemon in all Hoenn. If he pulled this off, Lord Darkrai would not just feed off their terror, he would hear it even in his castle in the sky. Of course, Whismur were the most easily frightened Pokemon this side of Hoenn. Even their own screams terrified them. The challenge here wouldn't be getting them to scream, but getting as many Whismur to experience true terror as possible before he himself went deaf from the noise.

Teleporting silently into the cave, Spoony stalks the cave like a ghost, searching for his prey. On a night like this, they would be gathered in massive groups, for security. Which really only made them more of a target. He stumbles upon one such group, a dozen or so Whismur in a large cuddle puddle, snoring softly. He creeps back out of the cavern, searching for more, but marking the location in his mind. This plan required precise timing and plenty of victims.

After a while, he has discovered several small groups, when he feels his dark powers stirring. Lord Darkrai was growing impatient, it seemed. It was just as well, for Spoony had found the largest group of Whismur yet. Nearly one hundred of the mauve monsters slept in a large cavern, hidden below the main tunnel. Chuckling in anticipation, he Teleports to one of the smaller chambers, ready to begin frightening. A Psybeam strikes one, sending it screaming and tumbling. The others wake up, screaming themselves silly. Spoony Telekinetically throws several of them against the wall before Teleporting away.

He appears in another cavern of Whismur, starting with the Telekinetic burst, scaring the Whismur awake. One bounces back at him, but he deflects it with Psycho Cut. He Teleports to another cavern before they can get any bright ideas to fight back. He moves quickly, never staying in one cavern for more than a few seconds, and keeping his attacks light. He frequently revisits the caverns, randomising his jumps to keep them guessing. He doesn't go for the main chamber yet, though. He's saving it for last.

As he keeps attacking the Whismur, several decide to flee their sleeping chambers. When they do, Spoony Teleports out after them, using Psybeam to drive them away from the exit and toward the main chamber. His plan is working perfectly, even if he's starting to bleed from the ears. Soon, nearly two hundred screaming Whismur are packed into the main chamber, trying to find safety from this phantom menace.

Just as planned.

Spoony Teleports into the main chamber, letting them all see him. Another wave of Telekinesis scatters the closest ones, while a Psybeam weakens the rov msking above the main entrance. Now that they have a target, the Whismur fight back, using Hyper Voice and Round. Spoony barely manages to Teleport in time, dodging the attacks. The solid wall of sonic energy hits the weakened wall, bringing it crashing down. The Whismur screech in panic, as they now have no way out. Spoony Teleports outside, falling to his knees as his ears ring and his head hurts worse than a Psyduck using Psychic. Too dizzy to chuckle at his success, he uses his Dark magic to return to Darkrai's castle, the terrified screams of Whismur waking up a nearby Hiker, who stares at Rusturf Tunnel with concern and dread.

MurkMire

Years
  • The Sandman's Lullaby
    Chapter Four
    Danger in Fortee's Trees

The Sandman was skulking, deep in the forests of Fortree City. He wasn't very familiar with the area, but he kept up the search for any perfect victims. After some time, sneaking through the forests, he could hear people talking from above. The Hypno looked up, and saw Fortree City was actually a collection of tree houses, none of which was built on the ground. The Sandman muttered to himself, "How very... interesting. I suppose these people like to hide from what's below..." Just then, he had a nasty plot, and grew a wicked smile. The perfect plan came together. The only thing he needed... was a pawn. And so, the Sandman hid himself in the heart of Fortree's think foliage, looking out at the Pokemon Center's entrance. The Sandman's sinister waiting game began.

An elderly woman was sitting in the Pokemon Center lobby, waiting for Nurse Joy. She looked on at the doors that separated her from Nurse Joy's current patient. "That reckless Kecleon... this is the third time this week he fell off the bridge," she said with a groan. "But... he's always such a good little helper." She grew a small smile, and patiently waited. "Ding-ding-dingding-ding!" The tone that announced another successful check-up. The old woman got up, and made her way to the desk, meeting a smiling Nurse Joy.

"Well, Katherine, your Kecleon is back to full health. I'm surprised, was it the third or fourth time? He really needs to be careful, especially on Halloween night..." Nurse Joy looked down at the sleeping Kecleon with concern. "Third, actually. He's been such a rascal ever since I brought him in. I'm just glad the neighbors are nice enough to help," Katherine replied. She shook her head, then scooped up the Color Swap Pokemon into her arms. "Thank you, Nurse Joy. Sorry about this little guy." Nurse Joy smiled warmly, and replied with, "It's not a problem, Katherine. I should thank you for bringing all the sick and injured Pokemon to the Center. You're a real saint to the Pokemon here, you know." Katherine nodded contently, wished Nurse Joy a good night, and walked out of the Pokemon Center.

Katherine stepped outside, and felt a cool, gentle breeze blow by. This made the Kecleon she held sigh in content, dreaming sweet dreams. "You little goober..." Katherine started to walk back to the ladder, until she could feel eyes piercing into the back of her head. This startled her a bit, but she slowly turned around. The only thing that put Katherine on edge was that the forestry was too thick, and somethings could hide down there for days. Her Kecleon was a prime example.

As she slowly turned to meet whatever she felt was behind her, she could only see thick bushes and trees, not to mention shadows that bathed everything below the houses above. After a moment or two, she felt relief, and turned back to the ladder. Just as she grabbed the rope, an unknown force ripped her away from the ladder and into the thick bushes. She tried to scream, but was hushed instantly. "Now, now... we don't need that..." A raspy, harsh voice whispered to her. She was brought face level to a pair of beady eyes, that pierced into her core. She was frozen in terror. The creature before her grew a malicious grin, and pulled out his pendulum, and began to swing it before her. "I need you... for a very important experiment. Heheheh..."

A young man, around the age of twenty-three to twenty-five, was knocking at the door of a tree house next to his. He was waiting for Katherine to return from the Pokemon Center, as she hadn't come back for quite some time. He just realized she wouldn't be in there, but he was just very concerned. "Hmm... maybe Nurse Joy had some extra patients..." "Hello, Jeremy," a voice said sternly, sounding as if it was inches from his ear. The young man jumped, and spun around to find Katherin standing there. As if she was standing there the whole time. Jeremy stuttered, "O-Oh, um.... h-hi there, Miss Katherine. You certainly gave me a fright." He laughed nervously. The elderly woman's face looked... emotionless. Something uncommon, indeed.

Jeremy suddenly noticed that the Kecleon she was caring for was not with her. "Um, where's Kecleon? Wasn't he at the Center?" Katherine's expression didn't change in the slightest. She just shuffled towards her door, and replied with, "I guess he ran away." Jeremy frowned. He thought Katherine must be utterly downtrodden about losing her Kecleon. "Miss Katherine, do you need help with anything?" She paused for a moment, standing still. "Sure... come on in," she said slowly. Katherine opened the door and walked inside, Jeremy following suit.

Katherine quickly sat in her rocking chair, and began to hum a melody. "I'll make you a sandwich, Miss Katherine," Jeremy called as he made it to the kitchen. He pulled out the bread, then stopped. Something about Katherine's humming was... off. She always had a good singing voice, but what she was humming sent shivers up his spine. It sounded like an off-key lullaby. "It must be the loss of that Kecleon that's put her in such a mood..." Jeremy thought this to himself. As he spread the peanut butter on the second sandwich, he turned, and was met with a knife pressed against his stomach. He gasped, and dropped the plate, shattering on the ground.

Katherine was looking down, but having a tight grip on her kitchen knife. Jeremy panicked, and shouted, "Miss Katherine?! What are you doing?!" He was certainly shaking in fear. This was not the warm, helpful elderly woman who aided the community. With her head still hung low, she began to chuckle, quietly at first. Her laughter grew in volume, and lessened in sanity. Jeremy's fear rose greatly, especially after the knife pressed harder against his stomach.

"Tell me something... Jeremy." Jeremy's eyes widened. Her voice became distorted as she talked, confusing and frightening the young man greatly. Katherine slowly rose her head, and looked at Jeremy with pitch, blackness where the white of her eyes should be. Her green irises seemed to glow, and her smile was too big and wide for Jeremy's comfort. Seeing an elderly woman with a crazed smile really gave Jeremy something new to fear.

"What is it that REALLY scares you?" The elderly woman's voice was replaced with a raspy... harsh whisper that cut the silence. Katherine swiped at Jeremy with the knife, cutting his shirt clean in half. Jeremy, in utter shock and horror, didn't make a sound. He was paralyzed.

"You'd better hope you have a large lung capacity... Hehehehehahaha!" The crazed Katherine laughed in hysteria, until her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and she fell to the floor. Before Jeremy regained his composure, he saw a thick, purple fog rising into the tree house. He began to hyperventilate, and coughed uncontrollably. He panicked, and tried to pick up Katherine, then kicked down the front door. He was met with a final surprise, a Kecleon tied to a vine on the end of his tail swung into his face.

He screamed, and fell back, passing out with Katherine lying in front of him unconscious, and her Kecleon hanging upside down in the doorway.

Down below, the Sandman could hear many people rush to the aid of Jeremy and Katherine, trying to wake them without getting too close to the Poison Gas. He finally released his Psychic attack's grip on the old woman, and laughed quietly to himself, as he sinked into the inky blackness, reveling in another successful and satisfying fright.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    · CHESHIRE / Granite Cave

In the depths of Granite Cave, Dewford Island, Darkrai's call to action resounded. The critters in the darkness of the grotto rejoiced; this would be the ideal chance for some fun. Normally it wasn't so easy to scare humans here because of the relaxed atmosphere the island usually breathed. But this time, things were different. The lord of nightmares had granted his minions the power of teleportation, allowing even the Cave Pokémon to be able to spook everyone in the region of Hoenn to their heart's content. As a result, Granite Cave was almost completely deserted.

Cheshire wasn't one of the Pokémon who went out of his way to frighten humans. Sure, he liked to pull pranks like any other Sableye would, but did he really need to go to the ends of the region for that? This was his natural habitat. This was his domain. The perfect location for a scare... If only there was anyone TO scare. Now that the humans were being terrorized by Darkrai's grunts, would anyone actually be brave enough to seek out the darkness and enter Granite Cave?

And so, Cheshire stayed behind and went about his business. With so many Pokémon gone, it was actually very quiet and peaceful. The Cave contained plenty of gemstones the Sableye enjoyed so much, allowing him to have a little feast to himself. As he was gleefully crushing the crystals between his powerful jaws, however, he heard a familiar sound echoing through from near the entrance. Cheshire bared his teeth in a grin, before he scurried to the source of the noise.

∗ ∗ ∗

''Are you sure about this?''

The girl looked around timidly as she spoke. She was with four other friends, three boys and one other girl, all around the same age. The girl was clinging to the arm of one of the boys. They and another boy were seeing the remaining boy and girl off as they were heading into the cave.
    ''We'll be fine.'' The leaving boy replied with confidence. His friends laughed. ''Just don't forget to bring back that Everstone! If you get that far before you run back out streaming.''
    ''Yeah right.'' He chuckled and put his arm around his female companion's shoulder and they walked off together. Their friends yelled some last-minute insults encouragements before they headed outside. And then they were alone, a flashlight their only source of light in the darkness of the grotto. They slowly walked through the cave, occasionally flinching at a sound they thought they heard, but whenever they shone their light, there was nothing. Slowly growing more nervous as they descended deeper into the cave, the two huddled together but pushed on through to retrieve the Everstone at the end, steadily shining their lone flashlight ahead of themselves to illuminate the way...

And then everything went pitch-black.

Cheshire's Shadow Sneak attack knocked the flashlight right out of the boy's hand. The girl next to him let out a scream. He readied himself, looked around fearfully, trying to find any sign of his attacker, but the surroundings were pitch-black. His eyes were still adjusting to the darkness... but then he felt a tug on his arm.
    ''O-Over there!''
    And then he noticed. Two small points of light were shining in the darkness. A pair of piercing eyes staring at the couple, making both of them unable to avert their eyes. Mean Look froze them in their tracks. It was as if they were gazing right through them.

But there were more. Little by little, more of the same gemstones appeared all around them, all seemingly staring at them in the same way that the first two did. The teenagers huddled together closer and frantically gazed around them as the eyes made a full circle and completely surrounded them. Were there really this many Sableye in the cave? What was going to happen to them...?
    The boy swallowed and gazed back at the pair of eyes he knew belonged to the original Sableye, which shone a light blue, the most brilliant of all. He tried to speak, but no more than an empty whisper escaped his lips. At that, Cheshire used the move that earned him his name; right underneath his eyes, a broad grin appeared that showcased the razor-sharp and powerful teeth the Sableye posess. Because of the darkness, it was impossible to see the rest of the Pokémon's body, and so the smile floated eerily in the air, some distance away from the teens. The boy felt a shiver go down his spine. But then one of the lights moved in the corner of his eye; the other phantoms had started moving and one by one they lunged at the pair. The humans closed their eyes and moved their arms in front of their faces in preparation for the attack, but none of the attacks seemed to hit. They all passed right through them, albeit with a terrifying ghostly sound, as if they never existed... Mainly because the gemstone eyes of the ghostly sihouettes were just a Power Gem attack, masterly executed by the original Sableye - whose malicious grin had faded into a distraught grimace. If the humans moved their arms, that meant Mean Look was wearing off. And they seemed to have realised it too.

As soon as he did, the boy grabbed the girl's wrist and dashed. He frantically made for the exit, away from the lone Sableye. In turn, the Darkness Pokémon disappeared into the shadows. He wasn't about to let them get away like that. No, he would make sure Lord Darkrai received a premium amount of Fright Energy. One final move should take care of that. Cheshire hurried to the entrance of the cave to lie in wait.

The teenage couple hurried towards the exit as fast as they could, but maneuvering the pitch-black cave without the flashlight was not easy. After some time, they managed to return to the first floor. Now they only had to find the exit.
    They were holding hands as they tried to find their way, using the cave wall as a guide. Anytime now, they would be able to see a bit of light glistening through--
    ''Oh! There it is! The exit!''
    The boy made a dash, but his sudden movement made the girl lose her footing. She uttered a cry as she fell, and let go of the boy's hand to block her fall. The boy's speed was too high to stop immediately, but as soon as he turned around to help her up, he was greeted by a very different image than he imagined. Cheshire's Night Shade provided him of a mirage of the girl on the floor, trying to get up, as a humongous version of the Sableye was bent over her, about to swallow her whole.
    ''NOOO!!''
    A terrifying scream came from the girl's mouth before she fainted out of terror, allowing the mirage to pick her up and crush her between its jaws. The boy froze as fear overcame him, and his good intentions to save her crumbled before his eyes. Finally, the immense Pokémon turned to face him and stepped forward... The boy let out a scream before he turned around and stumbled away from the monster as fast as his legs could carry him, leaving the unconscious girl behind in the cave.

Cheshire was proud of himself as he overlooked his job-well-done. This scaring thing was a lot more fun than he initially thought... but then again, maybe it had been enough for one night. Surely his fellow cave-dwellers would sent plenty of energy Darkrai's way. He did his fair share. The gem-eyed Pokémon grinned to himself as he returned to the depths of his habitat.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • chandelure.gif
    A Delare Scare Fest
    A Bloody Darn Thing

As I went away from the alley, I saw people all over rushing over to the humans on fire. I chuckle slightly as I go away, unnoticed by these creatures, and head down south to a bridge that is above the lake. They call this Bicycle Pass, but I feel like this place shouldn't have a name. Then again, there are witches around here, hanging out with their coves. I'd call this Witchcraft's Curse, but most don't understand the diplomatic statement here. I wonder how can I scare anyone with so many of them hanging out here, waiting for wondering ghosts like me. Unless... Yes, that's it. There's this house, and a man loves to plan traps there. But what if I change his realm right now... Not wanting the attention, I use Master Darkrai's powers to teleport myself outside his doorsteps. Perfect.

But speaking of Master Darkrai, I wonder what he's doing. Probably watching all of us and my fellow comrades scaring these pathetic human beings. He's either displeased, unflinching, or amused with our performances. Who knows? But I do have to thank him for a lot. I've been seeking for a Dusk Stone for a while to become more powerful, but, I couldn't find one. Until I crossed paths with Darkrai, who gave me the chance for my lifetime. A Dusk Stone in exchange for serving his army and scaring humans under his services... I still remember that day like a charm. But anyway, to go beyond here. I just go through the walls until I'm inside his lair. For now, it's just some simple skinny trees needing to be cut down, but I know how to manipulate this. As I concentrate on a thought, I hear the door open, and I hear a human say:

"Trickmaster! I got the HM you wanted!"

"That's good trainer. Now enter the maze and discover your prize at the end."

"Oka- What the hell? I hate when he disappears like that. Oh well."

Now I need to think of something fast. Okay, what about... That's it. I changed the surroundings around me to look exactly like The Distortion World, thanks to Darkrai giving me some of his memories to do so. By the time the girl enters in, she stares wide-eyed at the scene in front of her.

"M-Maybe the Trickmaster got into the Halloween spirit. Y-Yeah, that's what's it."

I smile. She's definitely an easy target alright.

"Fear the dark," I whisper violently. Then I make the room darker, so only my flare was visible.

"W-Who's there?"

"CUT DOWN THEM STUPID TREES AND LEAVE," I chanted twice.

I could see her nod and she takes out a Oodish, and she commands it to cut down the trees in the way. Upon so, I pictured a knife flying from the tree. It apparently did, because the knife was upon the pokemon, disappearing as it fell down into the abyss. She screams in horror as she hears the last of her pokemon. I can see some blood has caught on her face.

"I SAID FOR YOU TO CUT DOWN THE TREE! USE THAT STUPID KNIFE, UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO COME OUT OF HERE... EVER!!!"

She nods frighteningly as she grabs a knife that appeared in front of her. She tried to back away, but found just a wall blocking her way. Sweating, she goes forward in the maze and comes across a lamp and a gun. I was sensing the witches, so I need to make this quick before they find me.

"CHOOSE!"

She shakes her head.

"W-Why?"

"DON'T QUESTION! CHOOSE!"

She hesitates, and picks up the gun. I use a Shadow Ball and hurl it at her, making her drop her knife and point the gun at her. Then I picture it moving down to her rib cage, and let it fire. She howls in pain and I drop the gun. I aim an ember on the wound and she screams.

"NO! THIS HURTS! STOP IT!"

As I hear her pain, I feel something shift in my realm. I then realize it must be the witches. I gulp, and I let the illusion cease to exist, and darkness engulfs me as I picture Slateport City. The last I hear were her screams, her darn, bloody screams. Then again, she's literally bleeding.

MurkMire

Years
  • The Sandman's Lullaby
    Chapter Five
    Nightmares Revisit Littleroot Town

Deep in the forest outside of Littleroot Town, the Sandman had risen from the shadows. After fully emerging, he took a whiff of the air, and could smell that familiar smell. The terror of a child. He uncontrollably grinned, and sniffed harder. The Sandman was in utter bliss, the fear was indeed delicious. "Oohhh, yes... I missed this smell." The gluttonous Hypno remembered the earlier days of Lavender Town. The days before he was recruited by Darkrai.

Feeding off the dreams and nightmares of all the children he could find... it was a time no one in the Kanto region who knew of these incidents could forget. Especially the Sandman. Even after being given a sanctuary, and a place among the nightmare walkers, he still yearned for the days where he was the definition of terror in Kanto. At this very town, where he delivered his first fright... he felt the hunger rise again. After a bit of swift, silent movement, the Sandman found the house his next prey lived in. The monster licked his lips in anticipation, ready for another blood curdling scream. As the Sandman found a window, he muttered to himself, "I'm ready, child... ready to revel in your nightmare... Heheheheh..."

So, the Sandman had returned to Littleroot Town for two reasons. One, to revel in the fear of his first victim, and to rattle the other children. And two... well, he knew which child was going to be his next feeding. "The Sandman... is ready to sing his Lullaby again..." The Sandman slithered his way back to Littleroot Town.

"No... No... that smile... NO, STOP!" A young boy was squirming in his bed, crying in his sleep. "Well folks, I can't honestly say WHAT he encountered in those woods. Whatever it was... it surely frightened poor Jacob to near insanity," Professor Birch whispered to the parents. The mother had a great look of worry on her face. The father, however... just had a look of sorrowful anger. He knew Jacob was more easily frightened, but he still let Tyler take Jacob trick-or-treating with the other children. He felt it was his fault, for not keeping him inside the house. Tears ran down his mother's cheeks as she could only watch her son go through nothing but troubled sleep, whereas he had a mental breakdown moments before. Professor Birch, however, saw what was undoubtedly the worst of it. Jacob was on the verge of hysterics when one of Professor Birch's assistants opened the door for Jacob.

The Chief of the Pokemon Lab may not be familiar with the human mind, but he did know how to talk to children. In most cases, anyway. However, that night... Professor Birch knew he couldn't help here whatsoever. All the professor could do was call the family, and make sure Jacob was accompanied at all times. Especially after Jacob pleaded and begged not to be alone.

"I'm sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Shire, but all we can do for him is let him sleep. And of course, both of you must stay at his bedside. Those were the psychologist's orders." Professor Birch cast a downward glance at Jacob. "That's all we can do, for now," the professor muttered. The parents thanked him, and he left to return to the lab. Tyler, however, was sitting on the couch downstairs, waiting for his parents to return. He desperately hoped that maybe, just maybe, there was good news for his younger brother. He didn't get to see Jacob very much after the incident, but he sure could hear his screams. That was more than enough to put Tyler in such a worried state.

"Tyler, honey..." Tyler turned, and saw his mother at the foot of the stairs. He got up, and walked up to her. "Is Jacob... is he gonna be okay?" Tyler asked with a stutter. His mother sighed, and patted his head. "We'll do whatever we can to make Jacob better. Your father and I will be at his bedside. Tyler nodded, not questioning any further. "Now... go to bed. We don't need both of you boys to be in bad shape," Mrs. Shire said, going to the kitchen to make coffee. "Yes, mom," Tyler said woefully. With each step, he wanted to hurry to his little brother's room, to be there for him as well. But, he went to his room. He didn't want to upset his parents anymore that what happened to Jacob.

It was definitely dark out through the window. Only sparse rays of moonlight revealed the forest his window looked out at. But, Tyler changed into a white shirt and his pajama pants. Crawling into bed, and tried to lull himself to sleep. But, Jacob's room was next to his own, and he could hear his brother's sobs every now and then. So, Tyler just laid there in bed until he was too tired to be awake.

From time to time, Tyler's eyes would flutter, and shut for a few seconds to half a minute. But, his brother's sobs jarred him awake. Jacob would even wake up with a start, only to fall back to sleep. This made Tyler's sleep just as difficult. Until, finally, at around three o'clock in the morning, Tyler was finally able to drift off to sleep.

That was, until he heard a, "tap... tap... tap" at his window. His eyes opened just seconds afterwards. Without even thinking, he got out of bed and approached his window. Nothing was there. So, he walked back to bed, but stopped after another, "tap... tap.... tap" came to his window. Tyler tried to shake it off, but the tapping continued. He stood there, his back to the window, to whatever tapped at his second story window. That's when it hit Tyler like a sack of bricks. The tapping was on his second story window.

He ran back to his window, but again, nothing was there. Well... not right in front of it, anyway. But, as he looked outside, he could see a figure in the shadow. Something with pointed ears... and what would appear to be a white mane. Tyler rubbed his eyes, and looked again. The apparition wasn't there. Tyler looked all around the spot where it was standing, but found nothing. As if he was just seeing things. "Eh...eheh... I'm just a little frightened by silly sounds," Tyler said with a nervous chuckle.

"Eheheheheh..." Tyler jumped, and spun around. He thought he heard a voice in his room, but it sounded muffled. He stood there, motionless, trying to be as silent as possible. Trying to hear if anything was indeed in the room with him.

"Come, young child..." Now, Tyler could definitely hear something. It was a harsh, raspy voice that called to him. He knew it was in his room, but... where? He was too nervous to look, so he tried harder to listen... until he felt a tug at his pant leg. Tyler froze in place. "Safe and happy, you will be..." As the second verse echoed through Tyler's mind, he realized where the voice was coming from. Where the cold, strong hand came from.

Underneath his bed. Tyler turn and looked down, seeing a large, yellow hand beckon him to look underneath. Tyler was about to try running out of the room, when he heard a voice that didn't belong to the mystery guest. "C'mon, Tyler... don't you want to play with me?" A sad, Jacob said underneath the bed. Tyler was speechless. He couldn't believe it was ACTUALLY his younger brother, until Jacob's hand also poked out from underneath the bed. Beckoning him, gesturing him to look under the bed as well. "Jacob... w-what are you doing under there? What is that t-thing?" Tyler's speech was beginning to fail him. His mind wasn't fully able to comprehend what was happening.

"Come and see, brother," Jacob's voice answered, without even a moment's pause. Tyler gave in. He had to know what on Earth was down there. Tyler slowly got to his knees, his heart rate increasing, the butterflies in his stomach turning into a maelstrom of anxiety. For some reason, he knew something under that bed wasn't good. But, his brother was in there too. He had to see his brother, and maybe even help him. Tyler then lowered himself to the floor... his eyes trying to penetrate the darkness underneath...

Suddenly, the large, yellow hand from before grabbed Tyler's face. He tried to scream, but was muffled by the strange creature's strong grip. Squirming, kicking and screaming, Tyler just couldn't match whatever was dragging him into the darkness. Then, just as his head made it underneath, his whole body was swiftly sucked in. Tyler began to fall. Or, what he thought was falling. He couldn't feel anything, couldn't tell what was up or down, nothing made sense to him. All that he knew, was that he was in total darkness. Tyler had been in dark rooms before, outside at night, but this... this is an all consuming darkness.

"Jacob?! Jacob, where are you?!" Tyler yelled to his brother, but even his voice didn't reach that far. This space even muffled the loudest of voices. His eyes began to water, he began to feel himself truly feeling fear. "Hello... Tyler." Tyler's mind became even more alert. The raspy voice returned, but it wasn't being heard from his ears. He could hear it in his mind. "Do you wish to see your dear younger brother, Tyler?" Tyler was confused. Was the voice friendly? Was it trying to help? Tyler answered weakly, "U-Um... yes. O-Of course." For a moment, he thought he heard the raspy voice chuckle. "Very well then..." Tyler felt the darkness around him morph, and take shape. It felt almost like the very space he occupied was forming something. "Hey, big brother..."

Tyler opened his eyes, and found himself in a white playroom. However... there wasn't a door. Not a window or anything that could show proof how he got in. Jacob, though, was sitting in the middle of the room. His back was turned to him, as he was playing with a bunch of letter blocks and dolls. Tyler knew Jacob wasn't into either of those things, yet here he was. Playing as if nothing was wrong. "J-Jacob... what is this place? Where are we?" Silence. Jacob didn't reply, he just simply kept putting blocks together. Tyler swallowed what little courage he could, and slowly walked up to Jacob. "Little b-brother... What are you..." Tyler was just close enough to see what Jacob was spelling with the blocks. As he did, however... Jacob had stopped.

The letter blocks read, "W-E-L-C-O-M-E... T-O... H-E-L-L" Tyler's eyes widened at the message. Why would Jacob spell that out? What was going on? Tyler stepped back, trying to say something, anything to his brother. "Tyler... Won't you play with me?" Jacob's voice... Or what Tyler assumed to be Jacob's voice, was mixed with a raspy... harsh whisper. Cold terror crawled up Tyler's spine. Jacob turned to face his brother... and Tyler screamed. He screamed so loudly on horror, at what he was seeing. Jacob's eyes were... black. Empty, and void. It looked almost as if only darkness occupied where his actual eyes should be. That wasn't the end of it. His skin was as pale as a ghost, and his mouth... was just as black, empty, and void of teeth, tongue or anything. It was just a horrid, twisted smile that stretched across Jacob's face.

"After all... we can play in here, together... forever and ever." Jacob got up so quickly, as if he wasn't even sitting. He walked towards Tyler, but in shaky, jerking steps. But his smile... it never shifted. His empty gaze, never leaving Tyler's eyes. Tyler began to hyperventilate, trying to step away from Jacob, until he hit something. He didn't want to turn away from the shambling younger brother, but he couldn't help it. He saw a large, yellow creature that resembled the shadow he saw outside his window. Only, there were significant... changes.

This creature... this monster was tall, and menacing. His sclera was a deep, bloody red color, as if his eyes were seeped in it. The pupils were black. The creature's smile revealed large, razor sharp teeth. What frightened Tyler most at the moment was Jacob was holding him in place. "Come, brother... let's go to a place of enchantment..." Tyler began to cry, he begged, pleaded his brother to let go. But it was no use, the monster had it's mouth open wide, ready to consume them both.

Tyler screamed, thrashed, but could nothing to stop what was coming. Then, Tyler's head was forced to face Jacob's, inches apart. "Now you'll stay with us, FOREVER!" It screamed in delight as the creature consumed both boys. Tyler was lost to the deathly void...

Mr. and Mrs. Shire were sleeping at Jacob's side, who was still muttering and mumbling in fear. In just a second, Tyler's screams tore through the house, alerting both of his parents. "Tyler!" The two shot up and rushed to Tyler's room, to meet a sight that would never leave the both of them. A Hypno was on top of Tyler, forcing his hand on his head, his eyes full of malicious glee, and his mouth drooling with twisted pleasure.

The creature then released Tyler, and turned to face his parents. Before either of them could react, he spewed a Poison Gas attack, and faded into the darkness, laughing with fiendish glee.

The Shire home of Littleroot Town will never be the same, after this Halloween night.

Years
  • Banette: Spirit UNLEASHED!
    Chapter 1: Miranda

"I need you, Don't Leave Me!" Banette shed a few tears, looking at the shadow grow faint. "I will avenge you and one day, you will come back to life, Darkrai." Banette was determined to avenge her Grudge.

"Mum, Did you ever have a doll?" Miranda asked her aging mum. "I did, and I still have it. I remember buying it at Lilycove!" Miranda's mum replied. "Mum, Has your doll ever speak to you before?" Miranda asked again. "Don't Be Silly! Banette Can't talk! If you want Banette, you can keep it!" Miranda's mum was shocked when she heard her question. "Mum, I would be delighted to keep Banette! It's soo cute!" Miranda promised that she would keep good care of Banette. Miranda would hug Banette and make a wish with Banette, she would also sneak out of her house just to play with Banette.

"Miranda, Wait U-Whoa!" Someone called out to Miranda from behind. "Are you alright, Hikamaru?" Miranda helped her best friend stand on her two feet again. "Did you watch the news last night?" Hikamaru asked. "No, I dozed off while doing some homework, luckily, i had time before school started!" Miranda shared her experience and Hikamaru replied with a cautious look, "There's been a woman dressed in her 40s who was murdered. Reports say that it wasn't the work of a human, it was a Pokemon." Hikamaru explained. "Okay. .I need to go home now, bye!" Miranda panicked and ran home to see what Banette was doing. To her utter shock, she saw blood splattered all over Banette's Face. "Tikuyuyu!" Banette cackled and her eyes started to glow and a flashback appeared in Miranda's eyes.

"I need you, Don't Leave Me!" Banette shed a few tears, looking at the shadow grow faint. "I will avenge you and one day, you will come back to life, Darkrai. Miranda, I must kill people to bring back Darkrai. I won't hurt you. Will you help me?" Banette asked. Miranda looked at Banette blankly and she ran down and to the door but the door did not budge. Miranda looked behind her and suddenly, Banette used Payback on Miranda. Miranda sent out her Treecko and used Pursuit not wanting to hurt Banette. "Final Blow!" Banette said using Shadow Sneak. . .

Wanna know what happened next? Find out in the next chapter!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • chandelure.gif
    A Delare Scare Fest
    Beyond a Desert

I really need to go somewhere where there is land, mainly because I'm sick of the smell of water. Why did I teleport myself to Slateport again? Oh yeah, to escape them horrid witches. But still, I need land if I want to do my best scares. I think this once, I'm willing to go to the desert. Then again, I can go there, right? Surely there are no witches there, just some silly hikers. But anything is better than the sea. Making sure no one is nearby, I imagine the desert. The sand being active day and night, the bunch of delusional humans trying to find a so called tower... Wait a second, that's it! Before I can clearly process this out, sand was already entering my eyes. Just great. But, I'll have to use this as my advantage.

I walk aimlessly in the desert until I find a spot that is perfect, mainly because the sandstorm is stronger here. Perfect. Based on this, I'm pretty sure no silly Hoenn hiker can tell the difference between a Lavander Tower in the desert and Mirage Tower. I concentrate on everything there is to be for Lavander Tower, mainly cause I want to have fun. As I do the finishing touches, I hear someone coming. Just great. I have everything done now I guess. Call it my mirage trickhouse. I go inside it as I hear two voices creeping closer.

"I'm telling you, we should wait until day in order to find Mirage Tower and them fossils."

So fossils, eh? Perfect. I'll give them so prehistoric pokemon alright.

"No, it's the perfect time. Why do you think no one has found it in day? Because it's not there."

"We should go back to Mauville City and rest."

"You mean get drunk, right? And pretend to say, 'My flesh is burning' like them crazy people over there. You were always too cautious Mark."

"And you're too irrational Greg."

Both of them kept squabbling until I heard gasps from both of them.

"Is that-"

"See. Told you so. Now let's go in!"

"This might be a trap."

"Yeah, and pigs fly. Let's go."

I hear them approach my little quarters, and I did one final touch; golden walls. As the enter in, I could hear their awed sighs as they came in.

"Everything is so shiny... yet it's so dark Mark. Wait, is that a light over there?" He points to me, which I was hanging north of them, towards the first chamber. "Maybe we can get close to it and use it to guide us."

"It could be a trap you know Greg."

"Fine, stay here while I get all the glory."

As the creature known as Greg comes to me, I softly whisper to him as I change the room to metal and make it even darker. I love it when only my flame shows.

"Only one of you can come out alive. Beyond the two chambers is the treasure you seek. But if two go, they will be cast under a spell, wandering list on this desert forever. So if I were you, get rid of him."

I disappeared beyond the walls, and peeked from behind it. I could see the mortal was confused, but I changed the walls to diamond, and greed shone in his eyes.

"Say, Mark? There's a room over here. You want to check it out?"

"Why me Greg?"

"You might find a trap easily, more than me. We don't want to wind up dead."

The other pathetic human sighs, and he goes up to the chamber. I see him pull out a knife while his friend explores.

"There's nothing-"

I imagine a hoard of Shieldon running around like maniacs. Sure enough, the one called Mark yelped and dodged away, but they got to the other one. He tried to stab them with the knife, but they charged at him, and the knife flew in the air. Greg tried catching it, but he tripped over a Shieldon, and the knife ended up on his spine. He spat out blood against the pokemon, which they charged at him and headbutted him as he was slowly losing blood. I saw the other mortal stare mouth opened, and he tried approaching them.

"Do not go there," I say. "He deserved to die; he tried killing you. Leave to what you came for."

"Whoever you are, I'm not doing it."

I spread embers all over the place as I spin, and I let my illusion catch on fire.

"Go or burn here you-"

"He's my friend."

Before I could do anything, he charged at the fire and hurled himself at his friend. Stupid mortal. I throw Energy Balls around him, and fire caught them. Burning flesh of a foolish man who refused to scream, and stayed beside the already dead man. I never knew one could be so naive. By the time he falls, I know that he's a goner. I let the illusion cease and I walk out, leaving two days dead bodies. One died for greed, the other for reluctance. I don't know why it bothers me, it shouldn't really. I shake my head and leave this desert.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back