• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon oras is getting a anime short

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    "It has been announced that on November 16th, following a reairing of the movie Destiny Deoxys on the Japanese TV Channel, BS Japan, a special short episode is to air. This short episode is based upon Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and features their versions of Brendan & May, as well as the Hoenn starters. Full details about this short are not yet known but we'll bring details as they come"

Here you go from serebii. Anyway i am looking foward to this, they are usually good, i liked black and white 2s.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • inb4 people start complaining about the current anime and wanting it to be replaced with a ORAS anime instead.

That will never happen just so you complainers know.

I liked the B2W2 special so this should be good too. I hope it gets dubbed and put on YouTube like the B2W2 one was.

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
  • I cannot wait for this! I've always wanted to see an anime that's actually more like the R/S/E games than the anime itself was, and this looks great. Yay for moar Steven Stone.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I don't think it's going to be anything like the B2W2 trailer. I think this is going to be more of an educational video that goes over the basics of starters and the Hoenn region, with some plot coming into play like one of the starters getting lost or something minor.

pkmin3033

Huh, well I guess more variety is always a good thing? It's a nice little way to celebrate the launch of the new games, although I have to admit I would have been totally fine with an ORAS-style May cameo in the main anime to celebrate it; like they did with Lyra when HG/SS came out. Still, this will probably be pretty good, even if only for the nostalgia value.

Although if it's longer than 20 minutes, I hope it has better pacing than Pokemon: The Origin did...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I heard May here is known as Anna .
    I heard some people raging against it and want Real May to appear.

Advenceshipper , You better hope This Anna is another character instate of May. Because May's feeling toward Drew is already canonized So Ash has no chance with her Therefore Anna (ORAS) can appear as Norman's nicec and May's cousin who has opposite personality of May.

I think we will see a scene where Higana asking Brenden about his ideal . Then ether Brenden Or May/Anna board Mega Rayquaza fight Deoxys .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I uh. I dont think the ORAS short is gonna be canonical to the ani proper. Think like, BW2 trailers/Origins as opposed to Strongest MegaEvo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I uh. I dont think the ORAS short is gonna be canonical to the ani proper. Think like, BW2 trailers/Origins as opposed to Strongest MegaEvo.

Yeah, and besides, wasn't Magma and Aqua supposed to be disbanded as a result of the events of the two-parter in AG? Why would they come back and nearly ruin the world again (not to mention its implied that Team Rocket probably controls Hoenn by this point anyhow)?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Unless some of you are blind, this is blatantly based on the games and has no relation to the main anime with Ash. Its like Origins or the BW2 shorts.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years

• Here's the special, provided by the official Pokémon YouTube channel. It covers the new Mega Evolutions and the basics of the game.

Years
  • I tried to watch the clip but my computer's being stupid and can't tolerate the quality so after I try and fix that issue I'm definitely watching the video.

However, I did get a shot at how cute everything is because people have been making GIFs of it and posting them on Tumblr. May (or is it Anna?) just looks so adorable there, and I kinda like how the Mudkip line is now associated with her alongside the Torchic line.

The showcase of the new Megas was really nice as well. Makes me even more hyped... why you do this to me Game Freak?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I tried to watch the clip but my computer's being stupid and can't tolerate the quality so after I try and fix that issue I'm definitely watching the video.

However, I did get a shot at how cute everything is because people have been making GIFs of it and posting them on Tumblr. May (or is it Anna?) just looks so adorable there, and I kinda like how the Mudkip line is now associated with her alongside the Torchic line.

The showcase of the new Megas was really nice as well. Makes me even more hyped... why you do this to me Game Freak?

May proved herself to be cutest again ! I really hate that. (Cause she's only girl Ash can't have)
    Now I really wish May to have a cousin Or Doppelganger named Anna .
    But Why May get to have both Blaziken & Swarmpert ???
    Also , Mega Gallade vs Mega Diancle .

Its like , GF really want to create market for Mega Gallade.
    It really want me wish Mega Gallade as Ash's first Mega .

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I just got to watch the anime short just now.

For me, it's quite decent, even though sometimes I feel like it looks like promotional video at its finest, and sometimes I wish it to be like in Black 2 and White 2 anime short, with some plots and all. But then, the showcase of Mega Evolution was one of the enjoyable moments that I see, they have make a pretty good job at showcasing it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    This Anime shot suppose to run for 5 minute But Instate It run for 3 minute.
    What happened to remaining 2 minute ???

Back