• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2015
    It's true that Kanto is pretty outdated mechanics-wise and even graphically at this point and you can't play it on a 3DS just get a GBA or DS. It's just a personal thing really. It's not like R/B/Y and Fr/Lg were bad games, cuz they weren't(well, R/B/Y had some serious balance issues but whatever), it's just that I'm not as big of a fan of Gen I/Kanto as everyone else even though I started with R/B/Y too. I can wait for re-re-makes of those games, and would like to see a few more entries before they do that.

I agree with you.
    Lets get some brand new adventures rolling. They will eventually get around to making RYB remakes in the future. I can see them being the first Pokemon games on the next evolution of DS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It's true that Kanto is pretty outdated mechanics-wise and even graphically at this point and you can't play it on a 3DS just get a GBA or DS. It's just a personal thing really. It's not like R/B/Y and Fr/Lg were bad games, cuz they weren't(well, R/B/Y had some serious balance issues but whatever), it's just that I'm not as big of a fan of Gen I/Kanto as everyone else even though I started with R/B/Y too. I can wait for re-re-makes of those games, and would like to see a few more entries before they do that.

Same here, I also started from gen 1 and it is very nostalgic and dear to me but yet- I'm more fond of newer generations. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    just get a GBA or DS.

The last handheld that will play RBY, the GBA SP, hasn't been in production since 2008, and the last handheld that will play FRLG, the DS Lite, hasn't been in production since 2011. Neither are that easy to find anymore, and most people don't want to go hunting down a used one just to play a 10-15 year old Pokémon game (copies of which aren't exactly easy to find (or cheap), either).

And, do I even need to run down a list of the many, many things RBY lack?

- Color (or even, good) graphics
    - Modern music
    - Day/Night
    - Berries
    - Genders
    - Abilities
    - Modern stat system
    - Compatibility with the newest games
    - Breeding
    - Held items
    - A female player character
    - Pokémon past #151
    - Dark, Steel, and Fairy types
    - Mega Evolutions
    - Good movepools
    - More than 50 TMs
    - Multi-use TMs
    - Non-broken/glitchy mechanics
    - A split Special stat
    - A Physical/Special Split
    - Moves and items introduced after Gen 1
    - Phone
    - Contests
    - Battle Facility
    - A bag that doesn't suck
    - A postgame
    And, FRLG aren't a whole lot better:

- 3D (or even, good) graphics
    - Modern (or even, good) music
    - Day/Night
    - Berry Trees
    - Compatibility with the newest games that doesn't require obsolete hardware
    - Breeding before the postgame
    - A female player character who exists in canon
    - Pokémon past #151 in Kanto
    - Pokémon past #386, overall
    - Dark types in Kanto
    - Fairy types, overall
    - Mega Evolutions
    - More than 50 TMs
    - Multi-use TMs
    - A Physical/Special Split
    - Moves and items introduced after Gen 3
    - Phone
    - Contests
    - A Battle Facility that doesn't suck
    - A postgame that isn't crappily thrown together
    It's just a personal thing really. It's not like R/B/Y and Fr/Lg were bad games, cuz they weren't(well, R/B/Y had some serious balance issues but whatever),

I'd actually disagree about FRLG not being bad games, and I say this as someone who's a fan of RBY.

it's just that I'm not as big of a fan of Gen I/Kanto as everyone else even though I started with R/B/Y too. I can wait for re-re-makes of those games, and would like to see a few more entries before they do that.

You have to think of those who are fans, though. A lot of us really want to be able to play the first Generation with shiny new graphics and mechanics. And, many of us just want to see our favorite Gens getting attention, period.

Like many older fans, I don't really care about any settings outside of Kanto and Johto, so neither XY or ORAS enthuse me enough to go out and buy a 3DS. A Yellow remake, on the other hand, would be a much different story... It's my first game and favorite game of my second favorite Generation (behind only Gen 2), so a modern remake would be a huge deal for me. I know there are others who feel the same way.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    -stuff about GBAs, DSs, and lacking features-
    I was kidding about the "get a GBA/DS" part (that's why I had it crossed it out). I'm aware that trying to find one of those and a working copy of the game(s) is not very feasible. And like I said before, I'm aware that the games are outdated now.

You have to think of those who are fans, though. A lot of us really want to be able to play the first Generation with shiny new graphics and mechanics. And, many of us just want to see our favorite Gens getting attention, period.

Like many older fans, I don't really care about any settings outside of Kanto and Johto, so neither XY or ORAS enthuse me enough to go out and buy a 3DS. A Yellow remake, on the other hand, would be a much different story... It's my first game and favorite game of my second favorite Generation (behind only Gen 2), so a modern remake would be a huge deal for me. I know there are others who feel the same way.
    The same can apply for any generation and its fans, really.

I was just stating a personal preference that Game Freak doesn't have the very next games to be Gen I re-re-makes. That's all. I'm not saying that they won't, or that they shouldn't, or that there's no reason to, just that I'd like it a little better if they didn't (and it's not like I'd hate it if that's what they did). By that same token, you're allowed to want the next set of games to be Gen I re-re-makes. I'm also aware that my opinion on this is probably an unpopular one amongst people our age.

But I think that we may be getting a little too off-topic at this point.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    I guess one of the reasons I'm not hurting for an R/B/Y remake is because HG/SS is so expansive, Kanto region included. Red was easily the most difficult trainer to battle in Generation IV. And Blue's implementation in the storyline was bar none. I know new models and whatnot are neat and we like to get nostalgic as a fanbase, but it's hard to imagine something doing a better job than HeartGold at this point, even with visual upgrades.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    The same can apply for any generation and its fans, really.

True, although in the case of Gen 1, I think it bites a little more, as it's the only Generation that isn't represented on the DS or 3DS. While Diamond and Pearl are going up in years, they're still DS games, so they still (sort-of) have a connection to the newest games. They're still fairly modern. Gen 1, on the other hand, is isolated off in the Game Boy era and is the most outdated and inaccessible Generation.

I was just stating a personal preference that Game Freak doesn't have the very next games to be Gen I re-re-makes. That's all. I'm not saying that they won't, or that they shouldn't, or that there's no reason to, just that I'd like it a little better if they didn't (and it's not like I'd hate it if that's what they did). By that same token, you're allowed to want the next set of games to be Gen I re-re-makes. I'm also aware that my opinion on this is probably an unpopular one amongst people our age.

No, you're not wrong to have that opinion (although, I'll seriously side-eye you if you want the next remakes to be DPP remakes).

But I think that we may be getting a little too off-topic at this point.

We can always continue this in the Gen 1 remake thread.

Years
    I know this isn't really the place to talk about this, but I doubt more Gen I remakes will come anytime soon. Not only has Kanto been milked out several times already between FRLG and the Johto games, but i'm sure we'd have people complaining about if they were to end up too easy (especially if they have people always stopping you and pointing you in the direction of the plot like Generations V and VI did).

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    It'd be great if they put the 'Soar' feature from ORAS in the new Kalos game, except instead of flying on Latias/Latios you fly using a Wing Suit like the Sky Trainers wear.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I know this isn't really the place to talk about this, but I doubt more Gen I remakes will come anytime soon. Not only has Kanto been milked out several times already between FRLG and the Johto games

Kanto in Gen 1 =/ Kanto in Gen 2. That's like saying BW and B2W2 are the same games just because they both have Unova. The difference may not matter much to people who only care about gameplay/mechanics (who, let's be honest, probably wouldn't care if Kanto or Johto were ever seen or heard from again, as they aren't attached to any particular setting or characters), but to those of us who do value stories and continuity, it does matter. (And, we're just as much a part of the fandom as "metagame"-focused people, like it or not.)

Besides, it's been a very long time since we last saw Gen 1. Even if you just look at Kanto, itself, 5-6 years ago isn't all that recent.

HGSS are old enough to be out of print, after all, and will probably cost you as much as $125.00, more than three times as much as a new copy of OmegaRuby. Oh, you want to play the original GSC? Get ready to plop down $200 for a game that you will probably need to replace the cartridge battery for and can't be played on anything newer than the obsolete, out-of-production GBA SP.

But, at least, GSC's remakes can still be played on a 3DS and are still decently "modern," graphically and mechanically. With RBY, you're stuck with the glitchy, broken originals that are worth anywhere from $300 to $1200(!) and their outdated, mediocre enhanced ports (FRLG don't deserve to be called remakes), which are similarly worth a fortune, all of which need obsolete hardware to even play.

If you like Gen 1, this is what you're stuck with. No P/S Split, no Day/Night, no 3D graphics, not even any Pokémon beyond #151, and an empty wallet.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Your ideas are interesting, Charizard Gr. I strongly disagree about Giovanni's Mega being Nidoqueen, though. It should be Rhyperior, because any Gen 1 remake that doesn't include newer pre/evolutions in the Kanto Dex is not a good Gen 1 remake. (If I wanted to be stuck with only the first 151, I'd just go play Yellow again.)

I never said that we should stick with the original 151. It should be a remake with all Pokemon being obtainable. It's just that Rhyperior is already a beast and don't think that it deserves a Mega Evolution. It would be called Mega Magmar if Mega Evolution had been implemented in Gen IV. Same goes for Electivire, Dusknoir, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, PorygonZ etc. I do not think these Pokemon deserve a Mega evolution. Giovanni could have a Rhyperior but as a secondary Pokemon, with the leading being his Mega Nidoqueen.

I agree that a remake with only the original being obtainable would be the same as building a wall without cement, not good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Since people seem to be bring up Kanto here for some reason...and since I think the next games will come out on 2016 I wonder if GF will add any goodies for the next Kalos game. Perhaps access to an in game (event?) Mew? ORAS has all the non-event legends minus those belonging to the K regions' which XY have. It is the 20th anniversary of the series after all. Maybe Mega Mew(s)?
    Then again GF didn't do anything big for 2006...well except for DP but that was likely a coincidence (Oak (and Jasmine) did appear though...I think as I've only played Pt and he appeared there.)
    Actually put a 2016 release together with the fact that ORAS hints at the PWT returning in the future chances are the PWT will be in the next games as a homage to the franchise.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey guys.....I know that the subject of Kanto remakes is something that people feel strongly about and that I contributed to the talk about it, but c'mon, let's get back to the thread topic here, which is the next Kalos games (which might be the next games we get, might not be). Discussion of Kanto remakes goes in here.

and since I think the next games will come out on 2016 I wonder if GF will add any goodies for the next Kalos game. Perhaps access to an in game (event?) Mew? ORAS has all the non-event legends minus those belonging to the K regions' which XY have. It is the 20th anniversary of the series after all. Maybe Mega Mew(s)?
    Then again GF didn't do anything big for 2006...well except for DP but that was likely a coincidence (Oak (and Jasmine) did appear though...I think as I've only played Pt and he appeared there.)
    Actually put a 2016 release together with the fact that ORAS hints at the PWT returning in the future chances are the PWT will be in the next games as a homage to the franchise.
    I think that the next game will come out this year. They've been popping out a game a year since Platinum in 2009, and they probably won't stop that trend soon. And since 2015 is the 20-year anniversary of the series, they'll probably wanna do something for that.

Years
    Hey guys.....I know that the subject of Kanto remakes is something that people feel strongly about and that I contributed to the talk about it, but c'mon, let's get back to the thread topic here, which is the next Kalos games (which might be the next games we get, might not be). Discussion of Kanto remakes goes in here.

I think that the next game will come out this year. They've been popping out a game a year since Platinum in 2009, and they probably won't stop that trend soon. And since 2015 is the 20-year anniversary of the series, they'll probably wanna do something for that.
    Uh...you might want to check this out: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Green_Versions

Also the yearly thing is only accurate for Int releases as Japan had a one year break in 2011 with BW coming out there in 2010 and B2W2 in 2012 (ORAS' fun facts: 1) B2W2 was the second set of games to be released in the same year in both Japan and the western world with FrLg being the first (2004) 2) In Japan no games were released in 2001,2003,2007,2011 (out of those Int players saw 3 generations with the last 3 mentioned) note that the latest three were each 4 years apart which 2015 would if it get's no new game).

I don't think we're getting one this year thus far, but if Zygarde is announced to appear in the movie then I'll go from no to 99 percent yes (also July would be the latest I expect an announcement of a game if it's to come out this year). It would be out of place though if Zygarde doesn't pop up seeing how the third version mascot tends to pop up in the second Gen movie, plus as of recent times (starting with Giratina) they battle a Pokémon that can change forme (Hoopa fits the forme changing bill). Plus the movie includes the weather trio which could cause it to awaken seeing how it uses it's special power when the ecosystem is disrupted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I never said that we should stick with the original 151. It should be a remake with all Pokemon being obtainable. It's just that Rhyperior is already a beast and don't think that it deserves a Mega Evolution. It would be called Mega Magmar if Mega Evolution had been implemented in Gen IV. Same goes for Electivire, Dusknoir, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, PorygonZ etc. I do not think these Pokemon deserve a Mega evolution. Giovanni could have a Rhyperior but as a secondary Pokemon, with the leading being his Mega Nidoqueen.

I agree that a remake with only the original being obtainable would be the same as building a wall without cement, not good.

I posted my reply to you in this thread. Sorry for derailing! :P

Years
    My theory is that there will be a Pokemon Z, but it could be either a sequel or a third installment.
    And the only reason I think it will be titled Pokemon Z is because Zinnia.
    (Her name starts with Z, she uses Dragon types, Zygrade is a dragon type, name starts with Z)

Years
    My theory is that there will be a Pokemon Z, but it could be either a sequel or a third installment.
    And the only reason I think it will be titled Pokemon Z is because Zinnia.
    (Her name starts with Z, she uses Dragon types, Zygrade is a dragon type, name starts with Z)

Zinnia is Higana in Japanese though...and english is the only language where her name starts with a Z too (they do all share the theme of representing remembrance, or the lost of something).

GF could do Pokemon Z and Pokemon Origin or O seeing how Zygarde's name starts with a Z and yet also has the possible origin of the word Zygote (the original/early form/stage of life for multicellular organisms). Or maybe Pokemon Birth and Pokemon Death? or Pokemon Rebirth and Pokemon Undying. Tbh while those last one's may sounde nice they sound like hack version names...

Wait, a minute...a Zygote is the union of the gametes (sex cells)...so may Zygarde get some power from both the X and Y legends (which would funny enough make it a boy). Perhaps Zygarde was created when the two battled long ago...the meeting of their powers could've caused Zygarde to be made. It could even be Xerneas' and Yvetal's child in a way...
    Irc Heatran was created from the powers of Dialga and Palkia so Zygarde may be a similar case.

Mew should really get a Mega considering it's based on a fetus (the next step after Zygote) and the ancestor of most of the Pokemon (exceptions are Arceus and the trios it made, along with possibly the weather trio which were made from their elements it seems) if they are to explore the origins of the Pokemon world in such games.

Also I'll some ancient history to be established...perhaps based on real life theories of the ancient world. Like when Xerneas and Yvetal were born. Life is said to have originated near the end of the period when the earth was cooling (which would make Xerneas younger than the weather trio (at least the primal duo), and the Creation trio of course, and maybe even Heatran, and maybe as old as Mew.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Uh...you might want to check this out: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Green_Versions

Also the yearly thing is only accurate for Int releases as Japan had a one year break in 2011 with BW coming out there in 2010 and B2W2 in 2012 (ORAS' fun facts: 1) B2W2 was the second set of games to be released in the same year in both Japan and the western world with FrLg being the first (2004) 2) In Japan no games were released in 2001,2003,2007,2011 (out of those Int players saw 3 generations with the last 3 mentioned) note that the latest three were each 4 years apart which 2015 would if it get's no new game).
    Oh shit I thought that Pokemon started in '95 this whole time XD

Despite the fact that Japan hasn't had the releases be as yearly as it has for the rest of the world, I still think that there's a chance that we'll get a new game this year.

Years
    @ Zekrom So do a lot of others. I actually had to bring it up 2016 being the real 20th anniversary several times now.

If it comes out this year I see it being another December release (Crystal in Jp was out in very late 2000).

Edit: 1/31/15 So today I was looking at some old speculation about Anistar's dial. Remember how everyone thought of Diancie? Well I recalled the golden rings on the dial itself and remembered Hoopa...now think about how when the light hits the dial the Mega stones appear out of no where. Perhaps the dial is connected to both Diancie and Hoopa, perhaps Volcanion too. Perhaps Z could address how the dial was crafted.

Edit II: 2/5/15 So I've been thinking...since GF said that them making a Z is too predictable perhaps they'll still make a Z but not as a third version. Since they also discarded the chances of a direct sequel then prequels seem likely. If so perhaps they'll be called Pokemon A and Pokemon Z (yes together they'll spell out AZ's name). Zygarde's pronunciation though may hint at XY being part of the titles (as the Z in Zy could be pronounced similar as if it had an X instead of a Z then there's the Y after it). Zygarde has an A in it's name (middle letter) so it's possible.

Fun fact: Zygarde's cry is Zzzz-dddd-aaaa! (Z is the last letter is Omega, d is the fourth as is Delta, and A is the last as is Alpha).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    So, we know that there are two more games left in Gen 6, which (obviously) rules out a solo Z Version. We also know that Masuda said that doing XY sequels would be too predictable at this point, so that also rules out X2Y2.

So, how do you think Gen 6 will end? Disregarding possible Gen 1 remakes, ORAS sequels, or anything else that isn't Kalos-based, what do you think these next two games would be? Could they be XY prequels, or something else entirely?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back