• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your favorite soundtrack.

Years
Copy pasting my old thread :D

I thought nothing will surprise me as I was approaching to the end of Johto journey, but the music in route 47, especially the beginning TOTALLY THREW ME AWAY.
Nothing fancy, yet so capturing! :D

Also Sprout and Burned tower, Slowpoke well, Ecruteak city and Route 42.

What's yours?
Also, did you like the change? From third generation's trumpets we got a very soft sounding music.

Years
I really like Team Rocket's Battle Theme. It has some trumpets in the beginning and then the cool guitar part goes in.
It's really hard to pick considering HG/SS has the best music in my perspective, I also chose them because of this:
Team Rocket: Our Zubats, Rattatas, Ekans and Koffings will do the job.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The Gym Leader and Elite Four music was pretty spot on I think. Sinnoh has a great collection of soundtracks, particularly Snow Point City's. It was gorgeous.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Champion lance in HG/SS was really put you in pressure and team galatic admin theme also sound spacey to me

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
I adore the HG/SS soundtrack. All of the battle themes are amazing, but particularly Ho-oh's, the champion and Red theme, and the Kanto gym leader battle theme.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
For some reason, i really dig the random trainer battles in SInnoh. I've never heard of a trainer battle theme that was actually quite energetic and fulfilling especially when it takes a little while to finish. It was a huge improvement over the RSE trainer battle theme.

Years
I still have a thing for the 8bit soundtrack and I'm glad they included it in the HG/SS games.

That being said, I love the Kanto battle theme in the 8bit remix.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I think all of HGSS' OST was great (barring Goldenrod City).

Route 225 and 217 in the DPPt soundtrack remain in my head but the rest was kinda forgettable. (With the exception of Eterna City which was a remix of Agate Village in Colosseum and was something that actually bothered me)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
The Jubilife City (Night) theme is one of my favorite town themes in the franchise. Dawn's and Lucas' encounter themes are really good too.
The wild Pokémon battle theme and normal Trainer battle themes are great, too. They're very energic and pump you up. Cyrus' battle theme is another good piece of music, the first 20 seconds or so IMO perfectly capture how Cyrus has gone off the deep end.

As for HG/SS, the soundtrack was... average I guess. I didn't like it much. The only exceptions would be Silver's battle theme - which I think was gorgeously done - and the Ruins of Alph music, which never fails to give me goosebumps.

Overall, a good gen music-wise! The bass in most D/P/Pt tracks is unreal.

Years
In HG/SS, I absolutely LOVE the Johto Gym/Elite Four battle. I'm at S.S. Aqua now and enjoy this version too :)
Red and Lance's theme is overrated I think. I preferred the older versions.

Sinnoh had some amazing music too. My favourites are Pastoria City, Cyrus's theme, all Legendary themes and Mount Coronet. Probably the weakest Elite Four music in the series though. :(

Years
Definitely the track that plays during your battle against Champion Lance. It really sets the tone for an epic battle. The HGSS soundtrack as a whole is really well done.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Spoiler:

Easily the Route 216 tops among my other Sinnoh favorite tunes.

Spoiler:

Hearthome City at night is so relaxing.

Spoiler:

Eterna Forest's theme is so soothing yet mysterious.

Veilstone City's daytime theme and Jubilife City's nighttime theme are great as well, with the latter theme surprisingly having a nostalgia feel in it. The Trio's lake theme are charming too.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Spoiler:

I mean is this seriously a question Cynthia has always been awesome and cute and probably the best champion but this battle music was wonderful <3

Mirari-from-Sunnyshore

The Fire Keeper's Soul
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
My favorites from HG/SS are Eusine's theme (that guy, man, that guy), the Kimono Girls' theme, and the Kimono Girls' Ritual. The Kimono Girls' Ritual is my favorite.
Spoiler:

And from D/P/Plt, my favorite was probably the Lakes' Song. So calming. Or perhaps the haunting Old Chateau.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
My favorites would have to be the Kanto Gym Leader theme in HG/SS. Coming in second is the National Park theme. I actually took the time to listen to it, and it was so beautiful. As for D/P/Pt. Cynthia's theme has been one of my all time favorites. Even though the Gym Leader and Elite Four themes are essentially the same, both happen to be on my top 5.

Back