• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
What did you think the Ho-Oh in the first episode of the anime was?
I thought it was a cool flying bird that was legendary and that ash would one day catch or atleast meat but that was a dissapointment.

If Ho-Oh and Lugia were to get into a serious battle, who do you think would win?
Lugia since it can learn powerful water type moves eventhough ho-oh can learn punishment its not that strong and lugias moves can match it way better.

Was Ho-Oh's design a factor in which Generation II/Generation IV remake you chose?
Yes and no i loved lugia more cause of its design and then it got its own movie but i also love Ho-Ohs design but you know whirl island it was just so more appealing haha

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
How long did it take you to figure out how to get past Snorlax in R/B/Y?
Never played RBY so can't answer this.

Who is lazier: Slaking, or Snorlax?
Slaking as he has an entire ability to laze around.

What did you think the Ho-Oh in the first episode of the anime was?
A Moltres.

If Ho-Oh and Lugia were to get into a serious battle, who do you think would win?
I dunno, maybe Lugia since it can learn super effective water attacks. But it could probably go either way.

Was Ho-Oh's design a factor in which Generation II/Generation IV remake you chose?
My first verion was HG, though I never payed much attention to which version's mascot XD.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years

Gosh...this is hard. Ho-oh can induce burns, which can severely hinder Lugia and has a higher Special Attack so it can Thunder Lugia to death, but Lugia learns Hydro Pump and Rain Dance so Lugia = victor.

pkmin3033

501 - OSHAWOTT

600px-501Oshawott.png

"The scalchop on its stomach isn't just used for battle--it can be used to break open hard berries as well."

Wott say you to this one? First introduced in Generation V, Oshawott is one of the Unova region's starter Pokemon, alongside Tepig and Snivy. The only water-type starter to be based on a mammal thus far, being a sea otter, Oshawott battles with the scalchop on its belly...which, in the anime, it is forever misplacing. Oshawott played a prominent role in the Unova anime, being one of Ash's Pokemon, and being one that wasn't content to spend much time in its Pokeball, often popping out in the same manner as Misty's Psyduck.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Oshawott! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What did you think of Ash's Oshawott's antics in the anime?
  • Did you correctly guess Oshawott's silhouette would be for a water-type starter Pokemon when it was first revealed in May 2010? Were you disappointed or pleased by the reveal?

Years
Oh look, it's PC user Hikamaru. :3

What did you think of Ash's Oshawott's antics in the anime?
I remember watching some episodes of Best Wishes on TV back in 2011-2012 early in the morning before going to college, and Oshawott was funny and probably one of the most memorable Pokemon Ash had that season. He seemed like the type who would get jealous easily. Omg remember that one episode Dawn was visiting Unova and Meloetta was also following Ash and friends and Piplup and Oshawott got into some kind of rivalry over Meloetta that lasted a couple of episodes? xD
Spoiler:
Did you correctly guess Oshawott's silhouette would be for a water-type starter Pokemon when it was first revealed in May 2010? Were you disappointed or pleased by the reveal?
I don't recall making any predictions of my own, but laughing at many of the designs that could have been before and after the reveal...
Spoiler:
I think a lot of people were disappointed by the appearance of both Oshawott and Tepig, especially poor Oshawott for some reason. I admit that I initially thought it looked goofy at first, but it definitely grew on me pretty quick.

Adam Levine

Years

Oshawott was one of those goofy-and-lovey-dovey-yet-lovable-at-the-same-time characters that I'm usually into. His personality overall makes him one of those unique Pokémon Ash got to travel alongside, and his mean personality (how is this thing more arrogant than his Gliscor) was obviously a way he showed that. I like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

PageEmp

Years
Lol someone beat me to the Hikamaru joke >_<. And I can't answer the first question because I never watched the BW cartoon.

Did you correctly guess Oshawott's silhouette would be for a water-type starter Pokemon when it was first revealed in May 2010? Were you disappointed or pleased by the reveal?
I dunno, I was probably really young back then so I can't remember XD.

Years
VXu22BT.gif

While I only watched bits and pieces of the anime during Ash's Unova journey, Oshawott was always one of my favorite characters, especially when Dawn's Piplup came along. It was always great to see the two try and one up each other, and it almost makes we want to go back and watch a few of those episodes, haha.

pkmin3033

292 - SHEDINJA

292Shedinja.png

"A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit."

A by-product of evolving Nincada into Ninjask, Shedinja will mysteriously appear in your team of Pokemon if you should have a slot free and an extra Poke Ball in your inventory in which to keep it - although this wasn't necessary in Generation III titles – making it a unique method of acquisition. Despite having a grand total of 1HP, Shedinja boasts the Wonder Guard ability, which allows it to avoid all but Super Effective attacks...unfortunately, as a dual Bug/Ghost type, it has five weaknesses. Shedinja's only major anime appearance was under the control of Colonel Hansen during the episodes where Misty made a brief return, in which it was surprisingly durable for a Pokemon with only a single hit point...

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Shedinja! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you get your first Shedinja by accident or by design? If the former, were you surprised when it suddenly showed up in your team? If the latter, were you intending to use it?
  • Any theories as to how exactly Shedinja can come to life?

Adam Levine

Years
Did you get your first Shedinja by accident or by design? If the former, were you surprised when it suddenly showed up in your team? If the latter, were you intending to use it?

I once had one in Emerald and I was curious on how it would be on the battlefield. That, sadly, was the only time I had one...until HeartGold, at least.

Any theories as to how exactly Shedinja can come to life?

Nincada's probably been possessed by some being when it was still a Nincada. Because this parasite pesters Nincada so much, it decided to shed its skin and evolve, leaving the exoskeleton possessed by said being. The "halo" is also from Nincada, possibly from its neck or head.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think I got my first Shedinja on accident and thought it was super cool haha. But then I saw its low HP and decided to use Ninjask alone.

pkmin3033

41 - ZUBAT

600px-041Zubat.png

"Forms colonies in perpetually dark places. Uses ultrasonic waves to identify and approach targets."

Prepare to be annoyed! The infamous bat Pokemon introduced in the first generation, Zubat has made a career out of infuriating Pokemon Trainers by being obscenely common in caves throughout the franchise's history. To add insult to injury, its favourite attacks include Leech Life and Confuse Ray, prolonging encounters as much as possible. It and its evolutions are also a favourite of Team Rocket Grunts in particular. Yet despite its alarming frequency in the games, Zubat has been relatively uncommon in the anime, featuring in a prominent role only briefly in the early episodes when Brock caught on in Mt. Moon.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Zubat! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What was your most irritating Zubat encounter?
  • Have you ever used Repels just to avoid Zubat?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Zubat is actually one cutie potato. While I get the hate, I like seeing it, hahaha. I'd also like to add that Crobat is useful af for competitive and in-game standards. ;)

I've used repels to avoid Pokemon, not just for Zubat, so there's no hate for Zubat. :D But lately I've been enjoying every wild encounters. (:

Years
Gonna skip Shedinja, because I don't think I have any thoughts of substance to add regarding that Pokemon.

Zubat isn't that much of a pain, I think. It's just a very common Pokemon in caves where you're basically gonna run into wild Pokemon pretty frequently with every other step. Confuse Ray can get very irritating, but if I can't be bothered to finish off the flying pest, I'll just run away. Sometimes I get tired of repeatedly running away or wasting move PP in Pokemon encounters in caves... In those cases, I'll use Repel, especially if I'm in a hurry to just get to the next area without interruption.

Adam Levine

Years
Have you ever used Repels just to avoid Zubat?

I do that to all Pokémon. XD

Have you ever used this Pokemon in one of your games before? Was it a useful addition to your team, or something you swapped out right away? Something you used for a challenge?

Yes, I've used it. It's a TERRIBLE battler. It only gets decent when it evolves into Golbat. Once you catch it, it learns some of the worst moves like Leech Life and Supersonic.

pkmin3033

370 - LUVDISC

600px-370Luvdisc.png

"It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love."

Happy Valentines Day! Straight from Luvdisc's lips to your webpage comes today's romantic Pokemon of the Day, Luvdisc! First introduced in Generation III, poor Luvdisc really has had a tough time of it – with weak stats across the board and very few anime appearances (although it did manage to knock out Ash's Grovyle in his battle against Juan!) there hasn't been much love for the oddly-named Rendezvous Pokemon. Indeed, it seems the only love to be found for Luvdisc is from other Luvdisc, for when they lock lips, they can fly! Proof that love really does give you wings.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Luvdisc! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Were you amongst those who believed that Gen V's Alomomola would be an evolution of Luvdisc? How did you feel when it was shown that wasn't the case?
  • Mega Luvdisc. How do you envision this?

Years
Ack! I almost forgot to post today... I shall do so before going to sleep.

Were you amongst those who believed that Gen V's Alomomola would be an evolution of Luvdisc? How did you feel when it was shown that wasn't the case?
Yes! From a design standpoint, it looks like a logical evolution. I was disappointed when discovering they weren't connected, but didn't really care all that much, since I never raised a Luvdisc or an Alomomola.

Mega Luvdisc. How do you envision this?
I have no idea. I'm not one for envisioning new concepts. It would probably have more pronounced lips and have a Fairy typing or something.

Most of my memories involving this Pokemon have been through the PokéCommunity Valentine's event. :t370:

Reactions: Sun

Adam Levine

Years
Were you amongst those who believed that Gen V's Alomomola would be an evolution of Luvdisc? How did you feel when it was shown that wasn't the case?

At first, yes. I was angered when I realized Luvdisc wouldn't evolve into Alomomola, because the poor gimmicky fish is weak. But I soon realized Unova has its own pride and independence against all other regions.

I also realized they were based off different types of fish. Luvdisc is based off a discus; Alomomola a sunfish. However that doesn't explain why Remoraid evolves into Octillery.

PageEmp

Years
Did you get your first Shedinja by accident or by design? If the former, were you surprised when it suddenly showed up in your team? If the latter, were you intending to use it?
Neither, since I've never evolved it's pre evo before. If I get one, maybe I might use it. Maybe I wont.

Have you ever used Repels just to avoid Zubat?
Maybe, but not so much nowadays. :P

I dunno. They probably might give it a really OP ability to make it useful. Or maybe decrease one of it's offenses massively(like lower it's attk/sp.attk to like really low) to make it get more of a buff. I dunno.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
But first allow me to. ;)
370.png
SPREAD THE LUV OF LUVDISC TO 5 PEOPLE YOU THINK ARE CUTE, IF YOU GET 5 BACK YOU ARE REALLY CUTE
370.png

Disappointment, to be real honest. They were obviously made for each other! Okk, I'm obviously using the saying wrongly! This is why I hate the new years, see how much it has affected me!
079.png

There's a possibility for M-Luvdisc, but I would personally prefer a real evolution? Regardless of the route they took, I'm hoping for a Water/Fairy! Not necessary a Special based version of Azumarill, a supportive role would do too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back