• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Meta Journey feedback!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi guys! So we've been running the Meta Journey for a while now, testing waters in Johto. It's been great fun for me and I hope you think so too. It's definitely been a success, giving people stuff to strive for. We've seen more posts and thus a more lively community both IC and in the Theatre. Thank you all!

However, Johto was kind of a prototype run. While updating the new captures etc isn't too much work, the planning of routes and pokémon and mechanics to make people have fun, along with events... It gets a bit much. So in this thread, I would really love some feedback (:

Have you participated in the Meta Journey? Why / Why not?

What are your thoughts so far? Things you like, things that could be better?

Do you have any new ideas you'd like to see implemented into the Meta Journey system, as far as the MASTER thread goes?

Do you have any suggestions for events related to our Meta Journey teams and trainers~?

Since we are a shiny friendly RP community, I trust you guys can discuss ideas here if you feel like doing that. I'll be gathering things and thoughts I think sound good, and we'll see how we shall progress in the next region.

I appreciate any feedback and any little idea a lot. It would be nice if we found a good way to make the Meta Journey a permanent part of the Roleplay Theatre c: <3​

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • "Have you participated in the Meta Journey? Why / Why not?"

I have not. A longstanding merit-based event that works off of my posting activity for me to advance through just didn't and will never appeal to me. The way it is executed, from what I quickly gleaned, looks interesting nonetheless. I just won't be having any part in it because of what it is.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Have you participated in the Meta Journey? Why / Why not?
    I have! Cause it looked like fun and everyone else was doing it so why not? sounds like i'm talking about drugs

Everything's going great so far! I actually haven't participated in the IC aspect of it, but it's fun to collect pokes in the OOC

Do you have any new ideas you'd like to see implemented into the Meta Journey system, as far as the MASTER thread goes?
    My one suggestion would be to have SU's worth points in the Journey since they take quite a bit of time and effort

Do you have any suggestions for events related to our Meta Journey teams and trainers~?
    Meta Dance Party?

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

I have. I found the idea of having some small reward system in place for posting to be appealing and interactive. I never really saw it as anything more than a fun time... and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to take part unless they were just too lazy to post in it or something. Its a bit of fun and a nice topic of extra discussion that will help improve RP lifespan in its own way, in the long run.

Needs moar poison type exclusives.

Nah I think it's great fun really. It always causes a stir in the skype chats and around the RPT in general when there's an area change and new mon to look into and catch. I'd like to see more events surrounding it though.. and systems implemented for things like shiny pokémon and mega evolution would be cool too.

Nothing major off the top of my head, but as I said... shiny pokémon and mega evolutions would be hype. Maybe if you pay a ridiculous amount of posts you can get a shiny variant of a pokémon? Or maybe every time you get a new mon there's a small randomized chance that the mon you get is shiny? I'm not sure how to implement mega evolution though... hmm...

Maybe a sort of anime tournament style mini RP where everybody takes place in a contest for supremacy? Or maybe something to do with pokémon contests? Ooo! I remember in the anime they had like... a triathlon type thing where they had to race to a goal via ground, water and the like... it's be cool to try and do something like that with our meta journey mon I think.~

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

Yes.

It doesn't take a lot of effort on either end for the most part.

When we make characters we should choose a region to start in, and have multiple regions going at once. That way not everyone gets to choose from the same batch of mons. Gives more diversity and makes for more interesting battles and such in the ic.

Gym Battles. Pokemon Contests. Trades Pokemon breeding

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

The only think that comes to my mind after reading thing is: perhaps, a little bit more of freedom, or something else to do, even when you don't have posts to link. I don't know how exactly, I might edit this later if I can come up with anything.
    Ooh, do let me know if you get any good ideas for that, it sounds goo!

When we make characters we should choose a region to start in, and have multiple regions going at once. That way not everyone gets to choose from the same batch of mons. Gives more diversity and makes for more interesting battles and such in the ic.
    That sounds like a lot of work though, and might require a subforum rather than a single thread haha. A subforum with extra Meta Journey staff assigned d:

I mean. Not that it would be bad if we could somehow develop this to be even larger, but I think for now it's been a good balance between fun and postage incentive as a little thread in the Theatre. If you'd like to elaborate on how multiple regions at one time could work, please do c:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • That sounds like a lot of work though, and might require a subforum rather than a single thread haha. A subforum with extra Meta Journey staff assigned d:

I mean. Not that it would be bad if we could somehow develop this to be even larger, but I think for now it's been a good balance between fun and postage incentive as a little thread in the Theatre. If you'd like to elaborate on how multiple regions at one time could work, please do c:

Since you've been looking for aid, put one volunteer in charge of each major region with you being the team leader. Volunteers decide the routes in their respective regions along with pokemon available. You look it all over and decide if its acceptable or not. Every other sunday the routes are changed in one major post by you from all that you've been given. You also decide when/where should legendaries/shinies be. Each character's bio thing in the second post would include what region they're in, and regions could be jumped between at any city with a port.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since you've been looking for aid, put one volunteer in charge of each major region with you being the team leader. Volunteers decide the routes in their respective regions along with pokemon available. You look it all over and decide if its acceptable or not. Every other sunday the routes are changed in one major post by you from all that you've been given. You also decide when/where should legendaries/shinies be. Each character's bio thing in the second post would include what region they're in, and regions could be jumped between at any city with a port.
    That sounds really good actually o:

And yes, I would love some people to help out. At least a couple of people.

Main things to plan as the Meta looks like now is:
    1) what areas to feature, what pokémon to present, what fav types to cater to where to make things fair.

2) events and rewards, something to actually do with the teams you've collected!​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I think the idea of multipl corresponding regions would be pretty cool. It could give people intensive to start hoarding mons and would make trading mons become a relevant feature, which would be cool

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I don't really have much to add after reading all the suggestions, but I'd happily manage a region if you needed someone! for sinnoh <3

Back