• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I caught 2 shinies fish chaining.

The first was Dragalge at a 98 chain, I caught 2 shiny Skrelp in the past but didn't want to evolve one because it's a high level evolution so happy to have this. The second was my original intended target, Qwilfish at 65.

In my first chain of 98 I only encountered 3 Cloyster and the first one didn't show up until the 54th encounter. Is it 5%? In the 2nd one I also encountered 3, 10th, 11th and 60th. The 5% encounters are random.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I'm clearing out my PC boxes in Y by wonder trading Pokemon I don't need and someone just traded me a shiny Metapod.

Edit: I looked up the name of the person who traded it to me (AusLove.tv) and it turns out he's a streamer who is wonder trading shinies right now.

Last edited:

goatboyswag

Ace Trainer
Years
Hey guys, i'm new here and I just managed to get my hands on a 2ds 3 days ago to play the newer pokemon games. Since like 10:30 on the Tuesday i've been SRing for a shiny treecko and just got it a few minutes ago :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I caught a shiny Kakuna in Friend Safari yesterday after about 153 encounters, about 33 encounters that day. I evolved it into Beedrill.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Finally broke my week long dry spell for getting a shiny in the friend safari. Just caught another Calm Eevee! My synchronize didn't kick in (was shooting for Bold nature), but it doesn't matter since it was a male with Run Away instead of a female with Anticipation like I was hoping for. The math really isn't on my side for that combo, but one can hope, right? At least I have another Eevee to add to my shiny Eevee evolution collection.

I should probably work on completing my National Dex on ORAS so I can shiny chain Eevee in the wild... I'm really good at the chaining lol

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I'm clearing out my PC boxes in Y by wonder trading Pokemon I don't need and someone just traded me a shiny Metapod.

Edit: I looked up the name of the person who traded it to me (AusLove.tv) and it turns out he's a streamer who is wonder trading shinies right now.
Shiny Metapod is one of those coloration choices that I love... would be in my bank/computer forever without evolving lol

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Alpha Sapphire - Helena

Shiny Female Shroomish (Laura) - It's another Grass Shiny caught after a Chain of just 25 and a Dexnav search Level of 378. She has a relaxed nature and the Effect Spore Ability. I plan to keep her as a Shroomish until she learns Spore then use her as a Shiny Hunting Buddy of sorts. :) I think I will change her Ability to Poison Heal with the spare Ability Capsule I have. I like the autumnal red/brown of Shiny Breloom so I am very pleased with this find. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I caught a shiny Relicanth at a chain of 7 yesterday.

I also caught another Remoraid and another Skrelp looking for Clamperl and Horsea.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
X - Stephanie

Shiny Male Magmar - Caught in a friend Safari whilst searching for a Shiny Braixen. He has a Hardy Nature and two perfect IV's in HP and Special Defense. The Pink tone is a notable change to his regular Colour scheme. I may eventually evolve him into a Magmortar.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Caught a shiny Ivysaur from the friend safari at 86 encounters. Currently finding another one to evolve into Venusaur for my living dex.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well I did it, my longest fish chain ever. 201 with no shiny Horsea or Skrelp. I broke it purposely at 201 because there wasn't any point in continuing, it was just a dud chain.

Edit: I just found a shiny Larvesta in Friend Safri at 74 encounters.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Well I did it, my longest fish chain ever. 201 with no shiny Horsea or Skrelp. I broke it purposely at 201 because there wasn't any point in continuing, it was just a dud chain.
Was your suction cups Pokemon fainted by chance? I got a shiny right after using a revive on mine. I was working on a long chain and was getting frustrated. Thought maybe it was due to my squid being fainted, so I revived. Very next catch was a shiny!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Nope, I gave my Octillery a Smoke Ball. That's a good idea though, I had a fainted level 1 cute charm male Cleffa in front of my party when I was going for a female Combee. It's nice that you can use fainted pokemon abilities. Though no matter where Cleffa was in my party when it was fainted it always appeared in the pokemon amie main screen.

I remember going into a normal friend safari with Audino, Eevee and Teddiursa with the intention of fainting Cleffa and had to encounter 3 or 4 Pokemon because they kept using non damaging moves.... Finally Eevee Covet.

Anyways I decided to do some fish chaining today for Dratini, I ended up reeling in 3 shiny Poliwhirl and 2 shiny Basculin. I think the chain breaks when you find a shiny but I actally caught 4 of the shinies on a continuous chain meaning I got a bite every time and didn't move or turn off the game, only caught the shinies.

I caught Poliwhirl 1 at 19, then Basculin at 46, then Poliwhirl 2 at 71 and Poliwhirl 3 at 109. There was a bit if a pattern with a shiny appearing every 30 or so encounters. I accidentally broke this chain at 173, I moved the circle pad and turned sideways instead of hitting Y first. Basculin 2 was on a new chain of 32.

For those interested on my 173 chain I saw 14 Dratini. 10, 21, 75, 79, 94, 103, 107, 123, 132, 133, 148, 164, 168 and 173. On the second chain of 32 I saw it twice at 2 and 4.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Went to my local Smyths store today and got a code for shiny Xerneas.

Edit: Found a shiny Clamperl with the DexNav which marks my 100th shiny for my living dex.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Nope, I gave my Octillery a Smoke Ball. That's a good idea though, I had a fainted level 1 cute charm male Cleffa in front of my party when I was going for a female Combee. It's nice that you can use fainted pokemon abilities. Though no matter where Cleffa was in my party when it was fainted it always appeared in the pokemon amie main screen.

I remember going into a normal friend safari with Audino, Eevee and Teddiursa with the intention of fainting Cleffa and had to encounter 3 or 4 Pokemon because they kept using non damaging moves.... Finally Eevee Covet.

Anyways I decided to do some fish chaining today for Dratini, I ended up reeling in 3 shiny Poliwhirl and 2 shiny Basculin. I think the chain breaks when you find a shiny but I actally caught 4 of the shinies on a continuous chain meaning I got a bite every time and didn't move or turn off the game, only caught the shinies.

I caught Poliwhirl 1 at 19, then Basculin at 46, then Poliwhirl 2 at 71 and Poliwhirl 3 at 109. There was a bit if a pattern with a shiny appearing every 30 or so encounters. I accidentally broke this chain at 173, I moved the circle pad and turned sideways instead of hitting Y first. Basculin 2 was on a new chain of 32.

For those interested on my 173 chain I saw 14 Dratini. 10, 21, 75, 79, 94, 103, 107, 123, 132, 133, 148, 164, 168 and 173. On the second chain of 32 I saw it twice at 2 and 4.
What does Cute Charm do? Does it help get a Pokemon of opposite gender or something?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
It makes Pokémon of the opposite gender to the Pokémon with it appear more in wild encounters, in the case of Combee sometimes I'd have 5 female Combee's appear in a row. Without it you usually only get 1 female Combee for every 6 or 7 males. It's definitely good for starters or Eevee's which don't have equal gender encounter ratios.

Of course I believe 1 shiny is set randomly as soon as you walk into a friend safari so if the shiny is the male, with cute charm you may be forcing the shiny to not appear. It's not going to change the shiny to female. Of course if the shiny is female then you're cutting out 5 or 6 male encounters.

In a Friend Safari with 1 gender only Pokémon like Volbeat it would make them appear less. Not 100%, maybe like 75% less.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I feel so stupid... thankfully you posted about Cute Charm, otherwise I'd be hunting female Pokemon the painful way still. Yes, I previously got a female Combee with hidden ability the old fashion way.... *shudders*

I've decided to catch all hidden ability Pokemon in X/Y and ORAS in Luxury Ball(s), so I am going back and doing the ones I previously caught in different kinds of balls (usually based on what color the Pokemon was). Cute Charm will make my life much, much easier :)

EDIT: Caught a male Jigglypuff and named him SmoothCrimin (not shiny), and taught him Brick Break. Now I can hunt for that blasted female Eeevee with Anticipation much easier. Thanks!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Did some more wonder trades and got a shiny Cobalion yesterday. Although, I might still try and catch my own because I don't feel comfortable accepting shiny legendaries from other people for nothing unless they're from an event. I also got a shiny Accelgor from wonder trade just now.

Back