• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Yesterday I found a shiny Petilil in FS in 50 encounters.

Shiny Lilligant is one of my favourite Shinys. (Lilligant is also my favourite Pokemon) Congratulations on your find. :)

X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Weepinbell (Victoria) - Having found a Shiny Charizard on the GTS asking only for a Togekiss I headed to the Route outside Snowbelle City to see what Shiny Charizard X looked like.

After wandering into the Tall Grass and the 1st encounter up popped a Weepinbell hoard and what do you know the one on the far left was a slightly different yellow with bright green leaves. A Shiny. It's a random Shiny Ladies and Gentlemen and yet another Grass Shiny I found without looking for it.

I caught her in a Timer Ball and she has a Calm nature. I immediately evolved her into a Victreebell and Victreebell's Shiny is...unusual with its grey leaves but the blue mouth is a nice touch.

I now have two Shinys from the Weepinbell line and I think Victoria will pair well with Melanie my Shiny Vileplume caught as an Oddish in Alpha Sapphire. :D

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
24150 Petalburg Woods encounters

Well, this hasn't been a long hunt at all...but then I looked over at my calculator and I'm OVER 24,000!!!!!!!!!!! This is a double Vegeta and then 6,000 more!!! :littleo: :bigo: I hadn't even noticed that the hunt had gotten up to such a high number, haha! I'm pretty sure this is a record for me, "lol." I've been hunting a little bit pretty much every day all summer (and all the way back to May 6th!), so this'll be an unexpectedly long leg of my Hoenn mini-tour.

I'll be able to return to my Ghost hunt...eventually...one day... {XD}

My DS actually turned off (I accidentally hit it, haha) on July 21st, so I didn't quite get in a full year of having my Emerald running. I wrote down exactly when I had gotten each one of my shinies from when the game was running, so I'll know if these ones are RNG dupes! Hopefully I'll be able to find some new RNG frames over the next year. :pink_tongue:

Thanks a lot~
It was "only" 8 in that post though, I was talking about the same day in those two posts ^^;

But in the meantime I did catch a 2nd shiny Pansear, a shiny Braixen, Shiny female Pyroar, 2 shiny Doduo and 2 shiny Tropius. Currently trying for a shiny Hoothoot so I'll have everything in this Flying safari shiny. Plus shiny Noctowl is really nice.

Also, congrats to everyone with your new shinies. And good hunting for your next target.

Oh, okay! Only eight shinies. That's, like, not impressive at all. ("lol" OMG that's still soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!! Woot woot way to goooooo!!!!! And then you got a bunch of other cool shinies right after I posted so you actually ended up with FIFTEEN!!!!!!!)

Hello i would like to join this club if its still possible!
Here is the list of all the shinies i have:

Obtained from trading: (traded those for other shinies i hunted)
Spoiler:

Hunted and obtained by myself:
Spoiler:

Currently hunting a Virizion in aS and a shiny ho-oh in hg

Thats about it! If anyone wants someone to talk to and hunt together feel free to mensage me! :D

Welcome to the club!! Nice list of shinies you've got there; hopefully you'll soon add Ho-oh and Virizion to it! :)

So I just got alpha sapphire a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to really hunt on it so I have got any shines myself, but I did get shiny dragonite, shiny Milotic, and shiny Xerneas in wonder trades.

I am currently hunting electrode!

Btw I just joined the club

Welcome to the SHC, MEWISBOSS!! Good luck on your Electrode hunt and I hope you find many, many shinies in the future!! :pink_smile:

Can I join? How do I join?

Yes, you can join!! Just let us know which shinies you have (if any! Don't worry if you don't have any yet, since being in this Club is totally going to help you get a ton soon! :wink: ), and let us know what you're currently hunting!

And congrats on all the new shinies lately!! Especially to Maserati, LilyGardy, Superstrength, and AliceBlaze!! You guys are awesome...if there were a Shiny Hunters Club lightbulb that lit up whenever one of us caught a new shiny, it'd be, like, pretty much always lit because of your tremendous shiny hunting success!! You four should have some type of competition, haha (I'm totally joining too! But with my rate of one shiny every three months... {XD})!

Last edited:

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
Oh, yay!!! :) :) :)

So far I've only gotten three: Banette(Caught as Shuppet), Pupitar, and Octillery(caught as Remoraid)

Currently hunting a shiny Zangoose.

Last edited:

AleXShi1

Keep it real
Years
Hey and thanks for adding me! Now what do i make so everyone knows i belong to this group? And should I post my recent catches here?

Also an update on my hunts for this week:
Stopped virizion for now to get a treecko
At ~450 eggs treecko shines and i go for a luxio
At 158 encounters luxio shines and i go for a skorupi
At 368 iirc skorupi appears and i go for a feebas
At 11 hooks i get my feebas and now im going for a whiscash
Virizion will be stopped untill i get all the other shinies i like first
Ho-oh is also in progress but at 10k+ resets he aint here yet

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
Years
Ooh, I'd like to join! I need to check my Alpha Sapphire for exactly what shinies I have, but I know at least that I got a shiny Dratini and evolved it up to a Dragonite. I know for sure I have others, but I never actually use them on teams, so I'll check all of mine. I only get them through trading out Ubers, though... Never hatched one, and I killed the one I found in the wild...

The Dratini I got from Gen 5's White Forest challenge, heheh. ATM I'm trying to hatch a shiny Eevee for a Sylveon.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
Years
There we go! I was frantically looking for my shiny box, only to realize that it was in the Bank. So I have (legit probably):
-Bidoof
-Magikarp
-Xatu
Legit for sure:
-Event Metagross
-Event Gengar
-Dragonite
-Some Event Legendaries from region spoofing.
Not legit:
-Diancie some guy gave me cuz I wanted it as a trophy I'd never use.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Had a Shiny Sawsbuck in my friend safari. The pain was felt when it kept using Take Down and when I was left with my Litwick, Jump Kick.

Didn't feel like Master Balling it. Maybe I should have.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
26500 Petalburg Woods encounters

I wonder where all of the shinies are hiding? *looks around*

I just really hope I don't get a Taillow after all of this! I already have four shiny Taillow, so another one in a place with such cool Pokemon and on my longest hunt ever would be super lame, haha. I'm especially hoping for a Shroomish, Wurmple, or Slakoth, but I'd be happy with pretty much anything other than a Taillow. {XD}

Oh, yay!!! :) :) :)

So far I've only gotten three: Banette(Caught as Shuppet), Pupitar, and Octillery(caught as Remoraid)

Currently hunting a shiny Zangoose.

Those three shinies are all awesome! Good luck on the Zangoose - how are you hunting it?

Hey and thanks for adding me! Now what do i make so everyone knows i belong to this group? And should I post my recent catches here?

Also an update on my hunts for this week:
Stopped virizion for now to get a treecko
At ~450 eggs treecko shines and i go for a luxio
At 158 encounters luxio shines and i go for a skorupi
At 368 iirc skorupi appears and i go for a feebas
At 11 hooks i get my feebas and now im going for a whiscash
Virizion will be stopped untill i get all the other shinies i like first
Ho-oh is also in progress but at 10k+ resets he aint here yet

Sweet, congrats on those four shinies! Nice target selection, too; Luxio and Skorupi are especially cool!! :laugh: How's your Whiscash hunt going?

And yeah, absolutely post your catches here! :) You don't even have to have a new shiny; always feel free to post about whatever you're hunting, etc.! (Most of my posts are updates, since, y'know, if I only posted when I found shinies I'd have like four posts per year! :pink_laugh:)

We have a ton of cool userbars and banners that you can add to your signature if you'd like! Most of them can be found at the bottom of this post.

As a member of the SHC, you're also now welcome to participate in the Yearly Challenge if you'd like!

(When I looked at that January post, I half-expected to see something about being in the Petalburg Woods, haha. The hunt hasn't gone on that long! {XD})

Ooh, I'd like to join! I need to check my Alpha Sapphire for exactly what shinies I have, but I know at least that I got a shiny Dratini and evolved it up to a Dragonite. I know for sure I have others, but I never actually use them on teams, so I'll check all of mine. I only get them through trading out Ubers, though... Never hatched one, and I killed the one I found in the wild...

The Dratini I got from Gen 5's White Forest challenge, heheh. ATM I'm trying to hatch a shiny Eevee for a Sylveon.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club, Hikarin!! Good luck on you Eevee hunt!!!

Just caught a shiny Masquerain from a friend safari. It's male with a Quirky nature.

Wow, shiny Masquerain looks amazing!! I had no idea what it looked like until I saw it in your signature. Wow, what a fantastic shiny!! :pink_boogie: Congrats on catching one!!!

When I do my Seviper patch hunt for my mini-Hoenn tour, I'm totally counting my encounters by Surskit, like the great hunters of old. {:3}

Had a Shiny Sawsbuck in my friend safari. The pain was felt when it kept using Take Down and when I was left with my Litwick, Jump Kick.

Didn't feel like Master Balling it. Maybe I should have.

Gah, that's the worst!! I hope you can find another shiny Sawsbuck soon!!

Last edited:

AleXShi1

Keep it real
Years
Got the barboach a while ago and now im at 548 encounters for a psyduck
I am stopping for now since i finally got pokemon X so im gonna finish it and start hunting there

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
Those three shinies are all awesome! Good luck on the Zangoose - how are you hunting it?

As a member of the SHC, you're also now welcome to participate in the Yearly Challenge if you'd like
I was trying to Masuda Method it, but I put that on hold for the time being (I can only ride around in a circle for so long)

Now I am trying to catch a shiny Magikarp

Cool. I might try that (Even though I probably won't be able to make more than one team, if that)

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
I'm going to join, even though both of my shinies I got without the intention of hunting. xD

My first shiny was Bunnelby in AS. I was hatching eggs for a specific IV spread, one of the eggs hatched shiny. It was a very pleasant surprise.

My second shiny was a Voltorb in AS. I was in New Mauville, and I was using the DexNav to find a voltorb with a HA. Eventually I came across a very hard to sneak Voltorb that turned out shiny. xD

Eventually I plan to hunt a shiny Gastly, I love shiny mega Gengar.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Slugma(Silver) - After some hoard training of Shiny Blastoise I ran around a Friend Safari seeing if I could find a second Shiny Starter. After a chain of 7 straight Braixen the Shiny Sound was heard and a Shiny Silver Slugma was right there in the friend Safari. She has a Bashful Nature with two perfect IVs (HP, Defence) and 'Outstanding' potential. I really like the silver colour scheme here which makes the Slugma look like it is made out of liquid metal. As her evolution Magcargo's shiny palette is an odd pink and brown I think I will leave her as a silver Slugma. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I finally got shiny Horsea, after that 200 fish chain with no shiny, a fish chain of 159 for a shiny Skrelp earlier today, I found it on a chain of 14.
I also did a couple fish chains for a Seadra and got a second Relicanth.

I also did a ton of fish chains for Carvanha but only got another Goldeen at 169. That was fun.

I found that when I find a shiny fish chaining and it takes over 100, the next one is quicker. Even though the chain breaks when you find a shiny I almost always find the next shiny within 100 encounters.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Shiny Cubchoo in 8 hordes, well today.

I've done quite a few hordes in Frost Cavern before, but today I did about 20 hordes looking for a shiny Yanma when it started raining. So I switched and went to Frost Cavern and it appeared in the 8th horde.
Spoiler:

It's my 5th full odds shiny in the game, 3rd horde shiny and 2nd horde shiny I actually hunted for. And it appeared quickly, the Geodude appeared quick in 12 hordes.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Best shinys are the ones you don't search for xD. Went to creep on Taillow for trade fodder, turned out to be shiny :D Quirky, but eh, he's mine. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to change nature in upcoming games (if IV changing is happening in 7th, no reason for nature).

Back