• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Customization

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
  • I think this would be really cool! For example like the Pyukumuku sidequest, have they revealed what the reward is for completing that? I can see Festival Coins being a cool reward for that - it's something different which adds value for doing the quests and making use of some of SuMo's added features.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it shown to reward the player with 20, 000 Pokedollars?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Have we seen any info yet about where we can get some for sure? if not, my guess is that it could be something similar to a battle frontier, but using the name 'festival coins' instead of 'battle points'?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm really excited for customization to return! I love the female protagonist's default hairstyle, I think it's super cute and looks good with hats.

One thing that really threw me off in XY was that my character would look good in the preview, but then in-game she kind of looks like a potato with a really long torso and stubby legs, which made a lot of clothes look weird IMO. I don't mind a "cute" style, but the body was just way too long, and I'm so glad they went with more attractive body proportions here.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • So I posted this in another thread but thought it's a relevant discussion to be had here. I think it would be really cool if we had an online marketplace-type thing for the clothes that we 'dye', where you can look through other people's designs and download/purchase ones that you think are cool. Would be a cool way to increase connectivity and link it up with trainer customisation imo!

Reactions: Nah

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They had something like that in Animal Crossing for the 3DS where players could share their designs via QR Code. I didn't create any but there were some awesome designs which I also think would work nicely for S/M. It would be a great way to utilize and expand the connectivity for the games, moreso than X/Y did.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The official site makes it look like you can only dye white clothes, and only dye them in one solid colour. No designs or anything fancy.
    Still not a bad start. Depending on how many different kinds of clothes there are, this "shortcoming" won't really weaken the feature but rather offer an opportunity to expand upon it in the future. It won't be long before we get Style Savvy-levels of customization options. Cue maniacal laughter.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Still not a bad start. Depending on how many different kinds of clothes there are, this "shortcoming" won't really weaken the feature but rather offer an opportunity to expand upon it in the future. It won't be long before we get Style Savvy-levels of customization options. Cue maniacal laughter.

Nope, Customization is 3DS exclusive, no fun allowed, dreams are crushed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So we were right to assume what we did.

However, I was not expecting it at all to be like the online gaming area like we had in HGSS. I just hope it is more active and we can do some stuff solo. Because some people are just too good. And hopefully, even if we lose, we will still get some coins.

It is also possible that the festival coins could just be for specific things. I haven't read the main site yet so there might be more news.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Nope, Customization is 3DS exclusive, no fun allowed, dreams are crushed.
    Only the 3DS knows how to be fashionable. Wait... But the first Style Savvy game was on the DS. And DPP were on the DS...
    DPP remakes with character customization confirmed? I think that's what the evidence points to.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think that we will have normal shops like we did in Kalos, but we will not be able to get a few designs and some hair styles, as well as coloring outfits until after we do some stuff at the festival. We have outfit shops in the game, but this stuff seems to be different from the Festival.

I think the festival and festival coins may be a large extension of customization. I wouldn't be surprised if they help holiday events there as well because it said some events would come up for everyone playing the games to work together and complete. There might also be holiday outfits.

Sophicles seems to be the leader of the place, so we might have to finish his trial before we unlock the island.

It also seems like there is just Dyeing and Berry Dyeing. So we will probably have colors based on the berries in the game. We might also have some default dyes. If that is the case, then we will have a fairly large number of colors to work with. Although not all of the berries may be included.

Back