• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there, Pokéfans!

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Hi everyone, JoyStar here!

I've been a fan of Pokemon since the 90's, and while I don't really watch the anime anymore (Johto Journeys was my last regular one), I've been following the games pretty often and I've seen all the movies up to the Arceus one (the first 3 are my favorites, 9th least favorite). And I'm excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon. :)

As far as other interests, I like Doctor Who, Digimon Adventure, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Once Upon a Time, Disney, Portal, Mario games, Lord of the Ribgs, Gravity Falls, Harry Potter, and Undertale. I also have a YouTube account, JoyStar just like on here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Hello JoyStar, welcome and nice to meet you! I'm pretty new here myself, but it's been fun so far, so I hope you enjoy it! I too have been a pokemon fan since the 90's and am pretty similar to you in that I stopped watching the anime at Johto, although I'm currently watching what I've missed, including all the movies except the first, which I had already seen XD

Of your other interests, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan as well. Hands down best books I've ever read. Movies were not my thing though, personally. I am always down to talk some HP!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • tumblr_inline_n1whxekKgN1qfqvym.gif

I haven't been watching the Anime much myself until the psudeo-near-end of Pokemon XYZ, which was pretty cool! I loved how they've stepped up the development and characters.

tumblr_inline_n1whxxgzi91qfqvym.gif

I'm excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon too! The new info was pretty cool; the start evos look generally amusing! Can't wait to see more, aaaah. At any rate, welcome to our forums! Glad on having you! Don't be shy on exploring the forums and we hope that we can see you around! If you have any questions, feel free to ask~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi everyone, JoyStar here!

I've been a fan of Pokemon since the 90's, and while I don't really watch the anime anymore (Johto Journeys was my last regular one), I've been following the games pretty often and I've seen all the movies up to the Arceus one (the first 3 are my favorites, 9th least favorite). And I'm excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon. :)

As far as other interests, I like Doctor Who, Digimon Adventure, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Once Upon a Time, Disney, Portal, Mario games, Lord of the Ribgs, Gravity Falls, Harry Potter, and Undertale. I also have a YouTube account, JoyStar just like on here.
    /me falls
    DOCTOR WHO AND DIGIMON AND UNDERTALE hi friend

I love those (and some other things you listed as well!). Have you tried reading Homestuck? It's basically a mix of Undertale and Doctor Who hehe.

Welcome to PC though! I hope you'll enjoy all our discussions here c:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi Joystar, welcome to PC!

I'm super happy to hear that you like Harry Potter! I'm a huge fan of the series. Do you have a favourite of the seven Harry Potter books or the eight films? Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite book and film but that's probably because I adore the Marauders. It's also a nice change from Voldemort making an appearance every book.

It's good to hear that you love Doctor Who and Undertale too! With Doctor Who though, I haven't caught up recently. I've seen a few episodes of Capaldi but not too many. What do you think about him? He seems pretty cool but I don't know what to think yet.

Anyway, welcome to PC! If you'd ever like to talk about anything then you're free to shoot me a message. Otherwise, see you around. :>

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Now I have time to respond to everybody, haha. :) Oh, there's some stuff I forgot to put on my interest list: Broadway shows, Phantom of the Opera, Twilight Zone, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Warriors, Linkin Park, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Nox Arcana, and Breaking Benjamin. Also I'm starting to watch some Full Metal Alchemist.

Hello JoyStar, welcome and nice to meet you! I'm pretty new here myself, but it's been fun so far, so I hope you enjoy it! I too have been a pokemon fan since the 90's and am pretty similar to you in that I stopped watching the anime at Johto, although I'm currently watching what I've missed, including all the movies except the first, which I had already seen

Of your other interests, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan as well. Hands down best books I've ever read. Movies were not my thing though, personally. I am always down to talk some HP!

You haven't seen the early movies besides the first?! I adore Pokemon 2000 and Spell of the Unown, those and the first are my favorites (though Rise of Darkrai is close) Is there some site to watch the anime episodes I missed?

I do agree that the books were better, though I did like the movies though the 6th was my least favorite. Do you have a Pottermore account? Are you excited for Fantastic Beasts? (Which funnily enough I saw someone's Youtube comment call "Fantastic Pokemon and Where to Go Find Them") XD

tumblr_inline_n1whxekKgN1qfqvym.gif

I haven't been watching the Anime much myself until the psudeo-near-end of Pokemon XYZ, which was pretty cool! I loved how they've stepped up the development and characters.

tumblr_inline_n1whxxgzi91qfqvym.gif

I'm excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon too! The new info was pretty cool; the start evos look generally amusing! Can't wait to see more, aaaah. At any rate, welcome to our forums! Glad on having you! Don't be shy on exploring the forums and we hope that we can see you around! If you have any questions, feel free to ask~

All I know about Pokemon XYZ is that they did a remix of the original opening theme, which rocks! (At least I think it was XYZ). Glad to hear that at least there's some development there though.

/me falls
    DOCTOR WHO AND DIGIMON AND UNDERTALE hi friend

I love those (and some other things you listed as well!). Have you tried reading Homestuck? It's basically a mix of Undertale and Doctor Who hehe.

Welcome to PC though! I hope you'll enjoy all our discussions here c:

*high fives for being a fan of Undertale and Digimon and Doctor Who* I tried reading Homesick years ago and only got up to the first few pages, but I may give it another shot.

Hey there JoyStar, welcome to PC. Nice to meet you!

I do like the Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings movies, they're great. Sadly I never readed the books, not much into reading fantasy to be honest. Haven't watched the Pokemon movies neither, however I do love the games and I'm glad you're hyped for Sun/Moon! which one are you buying?

Good luck with everything! let me know if I can help you out

I've never read the Lord of the Rings books either, just seen the movies of those. Started reading The Hobbit though. As for which game, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking Sun because I like Solgaleo better (reminds m of Entei), but it will depend on which has the best version exclusives and such—especially considering it's theorized the starters will have a version exclusive final evolution like Rockruff, so that may sway me toward moon (I was getting Litten but I'm not too fond of the wrestler design from the Chinese leak if it's real, though Rowlet's looks awesome)

Hi Joystar, welcome to PC!

I'm super happy to hear that you like Harry Potter! I'm a huge fan of the series. Do you have a favourite of the seven Harry Potter books or the eight films? Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite book and film but that's probably because I adore the Marauders. It's also a nice change from Voldemort making an appearance every book.

It's good to hear that you love Doctor Who and Undertale too! With Doctor Who though, I haven't caught up recently. I've seen a few episodes of Capaldi but not too many. What do you think about him? He seems pretty cool but I don't know what to think yet.

Anyway, welcome to PC! If you'd ever like to talk about anything then you're free to shoot me a message. Otherwise, see you around.

My favorite book, that's tough, I love the first, second, and third books best, and movie-wise my favorites are the first three and Deathly Hallows Part 2. I cried watching that one. Also I saw the midnight premiere of part 2, and I felt bad for the people who hadn't read the book because everyone kept cheering whenever Neville was on screen so they got it spoiled he was going to do something awesome.

You guys are all so nice. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Now I have time to respond to everybody, haha. :) Oh, there's some stuff I forgot to put on my interest list: Broadway shows, Phantom of the Opera, Twilight Zone, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Warriors, Linkin Park, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Nox Arcana, and Breaking Benjamin. Also I'm starting to watch some Full Metal Alchemist.

You haven't seen the early movies besides the first?! I adore Pokemon 2000 and Spell of the Unown, those and the first are my favorites (though Rise of Darkrai is close) Is there some site to watch the anime episodes I missed?

I do agree that the books were better, though I did like the movies though the 6th was my least favorite. Do you have a Pottermore account? Are you excited for Fantastic Beasts? (Which funnily enough I saw someone's Youtube comment call "Fantastic Pokemon and Where to Go Find Them") XD

Yeah, I didn't follow the anime or movies for too long and my parents never ever went to the movies, so they wouldn't be the type to take me to see a pokemon movie in theaters haha But my goal is to catch up by watching the movies. I saw 2000 and spell of the unown this week and they were both really, really good. I've been watching the anime on pokemonepisode.org, I'm not sure if it's a legit website or not, but I figured since it was a .org rather than .cc or .tv that it was alright. I don't think pokemonepisode.org has all the anime, however. It stops at season 17, the XY series.

I'm very obsessive compulsive, which is why I dislike the movies. They stray from the books, which is understandable for cinematic and theatrical reasons, but from a fanatic's perspective, it wasn't the same story in all it's gloriously harmonious details. That's probably why I liked the first three movies best myself, since they stuck to the original story a bit more closely. I'm not sure which movie was my least favorite, although if I had to pick, it would probably either GOF or DH part 1 (I hate books that are split into two part movies). My favorite book was definitely the Deathly Hallows, with Half Blood Prince a close second. I was of the mind that the books got better and better as the series went on.

I have a Pottermore account, though I have been frequenting the site less and less since they switched to more of a blog format. I do like the reading and information, but I'm not sure why I kind of just phased it out. I'll have to stop by and check it out because it's probably been a few months since I last visited haha I can't wait for Fantastic Beasts, I'm really interested in where they're going to go with it and how its quality will be given that it's not a continuation of the story, but a spin-off.

Years
  • Hi everyone, JoyStar here!

As far as other interests, I like Doctor Who, Digimon Adventure, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Once Upon a Time, Disney, Portal, Mario games, Lord of the Rings, Gravity Falls, Harry Potter, and Undertale. I also have a YouTube account, JoyStar just like on here.

Joystar... Joystar... hmm that reminds me something... Beware, I live... hm. Ah well! Welcome to the community and I hope you and I become fact friends! I recently overhauled my social media accounts as well, so there's that! If you like music, then come see me anytime you please, or just chat with me whenever you feel like it! I'll be around more than likely!

Back