• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most recognized mega-Pokemon

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Hello, I have recently been trying to find out what the most known mega evolving Pokemon is. Now, this ONLY includes single-mega Pokemon, such as Metagross, not Pokemon with X and Y evolution, such as Mewtwo or Charizard.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Charizard and Mewtwo are kind of the most well-known/liked/famous Pokemon that can mega evolve, that's why they got two of 'em.

But not including those two, it'd probably be like Blastoise and Venusaur. Kanto stuff is by far the most recognizable part of the franchise, and these two were starters so.....

Years
    To me, I think probably Lucario. It may not have the nostalgia that Kanto Pokemon have, but it's a popular Pokemon that has appeared in a lot of Pokemon media.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Both forms of Charizard are well known and well preferred even by non- Pokemon fans .
    So yeah , team charizard wins it again .

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Thank you for all this, but I said it has to be Pokemon with only ONE mega-evolution, not two like Charizard and Mewtwo.

Years
    Definitely Lucario to me. Probably Mega Blaziken as well; the others probably aren't as well known with the exception of probably the Kanto Starters (not including Charizard since it has two Mega evos).

You do have a point regarding Blaziken, since the other Hoenn starters' Mega Evolutions didn't debut until OR/AS, meaning we got more time to know Mega Blaziken, along with it being the strongest of the three in competitive.

blue

gucci
    Years
    To me, I see Mega Banette and Mega Mawile as pretty recognizable. They are part of the original mega line-up after all.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Blastoise and Lucario, certainly! Blastoise is the second most famous of the original starters imo and Lucario is the icon of Sinnoh. People pay attention to them, yeah?

Back