• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Arcade: Retro Games Showdown! [OVER - Final Standings Updated!]

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Excusez moi! New Leader in the house!

Space Invaders - 66,230

Spoiler:

Tetris - 496,144

Spoiler:

Pacman - 41,940

Spoiler:

Update please, Ms. Karen!

Thank You!

P.S. - I can't figure out how to stop the screen after Game Over in Pacman, got a score of over 70,000, but couldn't get a screenshot ;-;. Hellllpppppppp!

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Coming in at the end of the month to shake up the leaderboards, I see. :)
    Tetris - 496,144
    tumblr_njzrzaICmG1s3h43ko1_500.gif

P.S. - I can't figure out how to stop the screen after Game Over in Pacman, got a score of over 70,000, but couldn't get a screenshot ;-;. Hellllpppppppp!
    Yeah, I made a note about that in the OP - you can't stop the Game Over screen so you just have to screenshot really quickly, sorry about that. :( You're still in the lead though!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Coming in at the end of the month to shake up the leaderboards, I see. :)

tumblr_njzrzaICmG1s3h43ko1_500.gif
    ...I had a 475 saved for this day :') But now I need to beat Chu anyway :o
    I noticed the Event when it was put up, just waited to get the right score to create some distance & strike >:).

I'm not sure if I'll have time to improve my score if one of you girls does get a better one, but I don't like losing, so I may try ;).

Yeah, I made a note about that in the OP - you can't stop the Game Over screen so you just have to screenshot really quickly, sorry about that. :( You're still in the lead though!
    I don't think you'll find any version that stops at the Game Over screen. At best, you can find one that takes you to the "Enter your name, High Scorer!" Screen.

Speaking of high scores, I beat my Pacman score by some distance (breached the 1 lakh mark ^^). Update please :).

Pacman - 110,400

Bz8WjvM.png

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Okay so to get at least place #2 I'll post the core I had in reserve for when the time come.

Spoiler:

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • lol how? you scored 52880 and my latest score was 54530.
    btw i'll try to beat your 57200 asap :)

Right, sorry, I meant that as in my new score was actually an old score I'd kept for when you beat my older one to keep the competition going. It's been hard for me to play, I've been waiting on my Internet to be fixed and it's still not ready. Expect another score update though OtaKun and LegendChu, I've still got more Space Invader skill to go!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Nope, the event runs until June 11th! We still have some time to top that (jk I probably can't, I can't handle the speed at 470k+ :P)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Coming through!

Spoiler:

Sorry my dear Marie, that crown is mine ^^ (this better count, I was playing this during my working hours, almost ended up losing my job, lol :P). But don't worry, second isn't that bad *pat* *pat* ;).

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Coming through!

Spoiler:

Sorry my dear Marie, that crown is mine ^^ (this better count, I was playing this during my working hours, almost ended up losing my job, lol :P). But don't worry, second isn't that bad *pat* *pat* ;).

I didn't had time to try and beat it TT__TT You choosed the right time lol. I'll continue and send you a screenshot ;)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    And this marks the end of the Retro Games Showdown! I hope I didn't miss any scores - here are the final standings for the event:

SPACE INVADERS
    1. LegendChu - 66,230
    2. Nero - 57,200
    3. OtaKun - 54,530
    4. Mewtwolover - 18,230
    5. Coffee - 17,880
    6. Raffy98 - 9,760
    PAC-MAN
    1. LegendChu - 110,400
    2. Satoshi Ookami - 29,990
    3. Mewtwolover - 17,720
    TETRIS
    1. LegendChu - 518,825
    2. Mawa - 514,817
    3. Juno - 459,006
    4. Hands - 90,885
    5. Mewtwolover - 27,241

Thank you to everyone who participated! The fun, competitive spirit was great to see, and a huge shoutout to LegendChu who managed to swing in at the end and steal the top scores for all three games. :P There was some really tough competition! I definitely had fun revisiting these retro games & challenging other members, and I hope you guys did as well.

(I also totally had a 495k score in Tetris that I forgot to upload :( but still happy with my final score here! I think we all did well.)

If you guys have any suggestions on what kind of games you'd like to see in the next showdown, please let me know!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I didn't had time to try and beat it TT__TT You choosed the right time lol. I'll continue and send you a screenshot ;)
    Its called strategy. I got a high score, but waited till the final day to actually put it up, so everyone had lesser time to Ketchup (catch up) ;).

Thank you to everyone who participated! The fun, competitive spirit was great to see, and a huge shoutout to LegendChu who managed to swing in at the end and steal the top scores for all three games. :P There was some really tough competition! I definitely had fun revisiting these retro games & challenging other members, and I hope you guys did as well.

(I also totally had a 495k score in Tetris that I forgot to upload :( but still happy with my final score here! I think we all did well.)

If you guys have any suggestions on what kind of games you'd like to see in the next showdown, please let me know!
    47oQR.gif

My fingers are hurting, please no more of these addictive games. Nah, I'm kidding, give us more classic games, it was fun ^^.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It was fun! I hope to see more evebts like this one ?
    >?< Go for an animal crossig screenshot contest

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • I'm definitely looking forward to the next event like this, I had a lot of fun playing Space Invaders as a competition, even if it wasn't all that close to how the original plays. Congrats LegendChu, you're clearly a league above all of us to just dominate the board like that, and thanks OtaKun for continually chasing me back down and the mods who organized this!

Back