• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the most memorable Villain?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    In every Pokémon games, there's always the mastermind behind the evils of the world. Who was the most memorable Villain in the games? Why?
    For me, it was Archie of the Team Aqua. I found his design pretty cool, and he was quite different from the other, cool-headed, buisness-like villains in the other games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Ghetsis was a top tier villain that's simultaneously amazing and deplorable in general.

He had accomplished a lot of fantastic feats throughout Generation 5's main series games, given their solid stories. It's impressive that you fight the main villain instead of a traditional Champion at the end of your initial Pokémon League challenge in B/W.

His actions and influence get even more frightening when one puts two and two together the more he/she thinks about them over time.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    The great Maxie from Team Magma. Mostly because OR is pretty much the only game where I really followed the storyline, but also because I found the character extremely well buit.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I loved Cyrus because his plan was super wack but I felt he could've reached it. Also the way he looks dead out of his eyes is really memorable.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Ghetsis was a top tier villain that's simultaneously amazing and deplorable in general.

He had accomplished a lot of fantastic feats throughout Generation 5's main series games, given their solid stories. It's impressive that you fight the main villain instead of a traditional Champion at the end of your initial Pokémon League challenge in B/W.

His actions and influence get even more frightening when one puts two and two together the more he/she thinks about them over time.
    Come to think of it, I think Ghetsis is the creepiest, and craziest of the Villains. I remember feeling very uneasy when having to fight him, and the way he talks to N in BW2 is so cold and cruel ;^;
    The great Maxie from Team Magma. Mostly because OR is pretty much the only game where I really followed the storyline, but also because I found the character extremely well buit.
    It is I,
    The Great Maxie

I feel he has the same kind of vibes as Giovanni and Cyrus. Super cool-headed, seems always calm and in control of the situation. I also always had Sapphire so in my version, he wasn't a villain. I'm biased on Archie :P
    I loved Cyrus because his plan was super wack but I felt he could've reached it. Also the way he looks dead out of his eyes is really memorable.
    I actually can't remember what Cyrus' goal was. Was it to create a new Universe, or just destroy it? I saw some discussions about how he must be happy with Giratina now. But I agree, he looks pretty dead inside throughout the whole games lol

Years
    Giovanni, he was badass and his idea was simple. I liked the 8th gym battle with him as well in FR/LG

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I didn't want to say anything before because my brain was clouded by brand new game hype, but now I can say I don't think I'll ever forget about Guzma and Lusamine. They were so fun.

Archie and Maxie also come to mind just because of how damn ridiculous their plans were.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I actually can't remember what Cyrus' goal was. Was it to create a new Universe, or just destroy it? I saw some discussions about how he must be happy with Giratina now. But I agree, he looks pretty dead inside throughout the whole games lol
    He wanted to destroy the current world and create a new one - using the Pixies and Dialga/Palkia - to create a new, empty world without any emotions. He's like a modern Stoic. Also he's 27 but looks effectively 40.

Also how could I forget Lusamine. She really was a different kind of horror.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I wasn't really a fan of Ghetsis in BW but in BW2 he was pretty intimidating, especially in the way he interacted with N as mentioned above. I'm not really sure if he'd be my favorite villain though, I'm also a pretty big fan of Giovanni and Cyrus + Team Galactic Admins.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    My most memorable villains are certainly Maxie and Archie. Their teams just seem to mess around with each other and not achieve anything really, I can't really take them seriously that way. Somehow that's what makes me love them all the more. :]

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Giovanni, he was badass and his idea was simple. I liked the 8th gym battle with him as well in FR/LG
    His idea was pretty simple indeed, but I feel it's what makes him iconinc. I don't really remember if there was a difference in FR/LG, is it just because the fight is pretty challenging?
    I didn't want to say anything before because my brain was clouded by brand new game hype, but now I can say I don't think I'll ever forget about Guzma and Lusamine. They were so fun.

Archie and Maxie also come to mind just because of how damn ridiculous their plans were.
    Guzma was pretty fun, but he started to get on my nerves because he kept repeating basically the same sentences over and over again. I felt pretty bad for him when you find him in the Ultra Hole ;^;
    Lusamine story is so tragic, I wish we could somehow tell her that her husband is okay...She looked pretty insane however, I'm not sure how Lillie plans on "fixing" her. Overall I did like her character, and her merging with Nihilego was quite surprising to me!
    He wanted to destroy the current world and create a new one - using the Pixies and Dialga/Palkia - to create a new, empty world without any emotions. He's like a modern Stoic. Also he's 27 but looks effectively 40.

Also how could I forget Lusamine. She really was a different kind of horror.
    He's 27?! What! I was sure he was the oldest of all the villains to be honest, wow. I remember now, I feel his storyline in Platinum is better, it's super creepy he got dragged into Giratina's world but I guess he got what he wanted...So all in all he is the only one that succeeded, in a way :o

Yeah, Lusamine wasn't just an evil mastermind, she was insane/brainwashed. Their experiments are so creepy ;^;
    I wasn't really a fan of Ghetsis in BW but in BW2 he was pretty intimidating, especially in the way he interacted with N as mentioned above. I'm not really sure if he'd be my favorite villain though, I'm also a pretty big fan of Giovanni and Cyrus + Team Galactic Admins.
    Team Galactic admins are probably my favourite admins ever, as well as Team Flare admins. Their design was pretty cool, but they are pretty similar in a way, so I have trouble telling the differences in their personnalities.
    My most memorable villains are certainly Maxie and Archie. Their teams just seem to mess around with each other and not achieve anything really, I can't really take them seriously that way. Somehow that's what makes me love them all the more. :]
    They're pretty much like Team Skull thugs in a way :P They had a pretty cool rivalry, and in Emerald you get to fight both of them, which is pretty cool. They really made Ruby and Sapphire two different experiences, unlike most games where the differences are so slight, you don't even notice! Their grunts and admins were pretty unique, and much more involved with their leader than other teams, in my opinion.

Reactions: noa

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Its got to be Archie/Maxie & that's not just because I've played Emerald the most. Okay maybe it is :P.

Seriously though, I loved the one-upmanship they had going throughout the storyline. And I also liked their character designs.

Pika Pika :chu:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I seems enjoy archie and maxie, whenever version they seems to stop whenever the opposite is doing, however, emerald they just goes with their conflict

Years
    Maxie and Archie are pretty good villains, they both had contrasting personalities and I felt like that really came through well in Emerald. Ghetsis is an honorable mention though, he was great too.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Team Flare were just goofballs though lmao.
    Did not strike me as an interesting or captivating team at all.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Ghetsis actively ruined N. He intentionally brought him up to be twisted and abnormal in order to act as his perfect pawn. I feel Cyrus was mostly apathetic (been awhile since I last played those games) as opposed to Ghetsis who was actively malicious. But those two are my favorites.

Years
    I think I felt that the most threatening was Ghetsis in BW2. His whole character for BW and after was pretty good for a villain. I was weird'ed out and wasn't a fan of how he treated N. I think my favorites based on interaction or by team was Archie both in RSE and ORAS and Lusamine. I loved Lusamine's team and also seeing another exploration of a character and their relation with their family and what she does to achieve her goals. I also liked Archie for similar reasons as Soapy, aha. I guess I can list in an order: I don't like Ghetsis as a person the most in the series, so I think he was written well as a villain - then Lusamine, and lastly Archie.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Ghetsis actively ruined N. He intentionally brought him up to be twisted and abnormal in order to act as his perfect pawn. I feel Cyrus was mostly apathetic (been awhile since I last played those games) as opposed to Ghetsis who was actively malicious. But those two are my favorites.
    I think I felt that the most threatening was Ghetsis in BW2. His whole character for BW and after was pretty good for a villain. I was weird'ed out and wasn't a fan of how he treated N.
    A true villain should be someone you love to hate & I think Ghetsis definitely falls into that category (even though his design looks like that of a rejected Final Fantasy character :P). He is not even fully loyal to Team Plasma's goals, instead manipulating N for his own selfish motives.

Pika Pika :chu:

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Team Flare were just goofballs though lmao.
    Did not strike me as an interesting or captivating team at all.
    What did you think about their leader, Lysandre? In my opinion he was too much of a cartoon villain, just proclaiming every 10 seconds he wanted a more beautiful world, and well. His haircut lol. He was so obviously with Team Flare.
    I think you pointed out exactly why I found Ghetsis super creepy, he is malicious. Evil. He doesn't just want a deluded fantasy, he knew how wrong and mean he was, and I feel he liked it/didn't care.
    I think I felt that the most threatening was Ghetsis in BW2. His whole character for BW and after was pretty good for a villain. I was weird'ed out and wasn't a fan of how he treated N. I think my favorites based on interaction or by team was Archie both in RSE and ORAS and Lusamine. I loved Lusamine's team and also seeing another exploration of a character and their relation with their family and what she does to achieve her goals. I also liked Archie for similar reasons as Soapy, aha. I guess I can list in an order: I don't like Ghetsis as a person the most in the series, so I think he was written well as a villain - then Lusamine, and lastly Archie.
    I agree with you, I like Archie because he was goofy and funny, but I like Ghetsis because he succeeded in weirding me out. He wasn't insane, however. He was fully aware of all the evil he was doing. Lusamine also falls in the weird category for me, her fusion with Nihilegho is so creepy, but you can see all the crazy in her eyes; she doesn't seem aware at all of what she's really doing.

Back