• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
Of course I only started, but the mini-community surrounding it was very nice. I like the effort put into it- it could have just been something like just posting a list of curses and die rolling for which one you get, but instead we got a background story, specialized backgrounds for curse updates, nice narrating messages from the creators of the challenge, and overall a fun experience. I bet it could get confusing near the end of having to keep track of all these curses (heck I forgot my curse and I only tackled the first gym- I kept my mon that was sleeping for a good 5 battles before I remembered that when they sleep they die, but that was just forgetfulness on my part). Anyways I hope to see what the new christmas challenge is and hopefully I'll complete it this time. I'm planning on using the ShinyGold rom for my next challenge and the Christmas one will probably be it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Spoiler:

Hi guys, thanks again for participating in this event and congratulations to the ones who completed it. Before I unstick the thread I have one more request for you. Could you give me and ddrox some sort of feedback on this event? Did you enjoy the whole thing? Made the curses your game challenging? Would you like to see this "map based" format in more events? Was waiting for a new curse acceptable? If you are new to this forum, will you try more Challenges now?
I apologize for not finishing before the event finished.
I love challenges.
Had no issues waiting for a new curse.
I'm not sure the curses made my game more challenging, although I haven't finished yet so maybe a curse will make it more challenging.
I've enjoyed it so far.
I like the map based format.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
The challenge is really fun and sometime really put you in some bad sticky situation. The only downside is that have to wait for the next curse for a day after finishing each gym is quite put the mood down.
P/S: I am still shiny hunting Ralts in Emerald since that day. Haven't got one :(

Years
I am still shiny hunting Ralts in Emerald since that day. Haven't got one :(

I have been trying to shiny hunt in emerald but I hear the RNG is broken. I've tried to look up why, what to do, and all that but I've really come up with nothing... Is it harder than hunting in Ruby/Sapphire? How does SRing work in this game with the shiny frames and all that?

Back