• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Episode 6 - Super Spooky Chargestone Cave of 9001 Encounters

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Reporting back from Burgh's Gym in Castelia, I now have my third badge. I'll be pressing allll the buttons on the machine in room 41.

Badge Case

45px-Basic_Badge.png
45px-Toxic_Badge.png
45px-Insect_Badge.png

Team

lillipup.gif

Sandy ♂ Lv. 15
Bashful, impetuous and silly
Vital Spirit
Tackle · Bite
Take Down · Odor Sleuth
riolu.gif

Seth ♂ Lv. 19
Naughty, likes to fight
Inner Focus
Quick Attack · Foresight
Force Palm · Counter
growlithe.gif

Shaw ♂ Lv. 21
Lax, alert to sounds
Flash Fire
Fire Fang · Leer
Odor Sleuth · Helping Hand

magnemite.gif

Spark Lv. 16
Calm, strong willed
Sturdy
Thunder Shock · Supersonic
Thunder Wave · Sonic Boom

Last edited:
Years
Anyway, I'm banished to Room 9 with only four arrows. I'm gonna try out the top right one and pray for the best.

Not exactly full re-roll, but it's something at least...
BlissyMKW is spinning right round!
Okay, let's list the facts: You're locked in a room with 4 arrows on the floor and you're cursed. Now, what to do? You step on one. The room goes black and you can see universe around you. You can see white orb approaching you with a speed of light. It hits you and you can feel something inside you changed. Another light orb is getting to you. And another! And another!

After too many orbs hit you, you notice a meteorite in the distance, flying right at you. You start running, but the meteorite is approaching you to quickly. It hits you. You can feel you're losing control of your body as it hits the ground.

You open your eyes. You're still in the same room. It wasn't the right arrow....

Well, 3 arrow remaining. I'm sure you don't want to die here.

I'll be pressing allll the buttons on the machine in room 41.

Miau is hacker now!
"STARTING CURE PROTOCOL"

You feel like part of you is healed. Then you press another button: "CURSE LIST UPDATING! NEW CURSES ADDED!"

Ups... The pain runs through your mouth. You touch your teeth. Why do you have vampire teeth?

That would be enough for now. You decided to leave to the room 31. There is teleport, statue and computer to interact with. Or you can just leave to the rooms 27 or 14.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
update #6
Spoiler:

krookodile.gif

Kritter - lv 43
Foul Play
Dig
Crunch
Scary Face

umbreon.gif

Knight - lv 43
Bite
Moonlight
Last resort
Faint Attack

espeon.gif

Sakrua - lv 41
Psychic
Bite
Morning Sun
Future Sight

misdreavus.gif

Specter - lv 41
Psybeam
Shadow Ball
Hex
Confuse ray.

Hesitantly I walk into room 5.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Well...I kinda got what I asked for. Let's talk about the damages, though. To be honest, I was also starting to run out of creative descriptions for these curses.

Episode 7 - Super Spooky 75% = 10% Will-o-Wisp Time

Spoiler:

Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

vlmrGYr.png

PART 7

I swear I posted update yesterday, but I probably updated it and the 1st post at the same time and only one of them made it here. That's a shame. It was really long post, but I don't want to write it down again, so I'm have to make a quick summary:

My team is fucked. I switched Buffy for a Annie the Litwick from Island Scan. Then I raided Aether and in the 1st battle with Faba, Tim and Ned were hit by Hypnosis and I had to put them in the box. I was sure that Michael wouldn't be able to solo through the rest of the Aether, so I caught new Pokémon - Lulu the Pichu and Thing the Sandshrew. I spent eternity training them to be at the same level as Michael and then proceed to somehow beat Guzma. Lusamine was easy though.

Poni Island's Dragon Trial was easy too, with 3 of my Pokémon beeing super effective against Totem Kommo-o.

Oh and I found Shiny Zubat while hunting down Litwick:
Spoiler:

With that, I'm waiting for a new curse. You can either put one on me from already known curses or roll it for me by posting any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

bewear.gif

Michael, Timid Male Bewear @Fightinium Z
lvl 57, Klutz
- Brick Break
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw
- Thrash

chandelure.gif

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure @Firium Z
lvl 53, Flash Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Burst
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

raichu-alola.gif

Lulu, Naughty Female Raichu @Aloraichium Z
lvl 52, Surge Surfer
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

sandslash-alola.gif

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash @Steelium Z
lvl 53, Snow Cloak
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Icicle Spear
- Hail​

I'll update the Mansion soon for you two... Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Years
Hesitantly I walk into room 5.

Brew is in the endgame now!
Well, you move to the next room. It gets harder to move with each step.

This new room is really small. There is only teleport here. Will you step on it?

Or will you leave to the room 26 or 27?

Top right was a bust, so let's go for bottom left.

BlissyMKW is spinning the wheel...
I'll be honest with you. I should write down spooky story about you being attacked by a ghost, but I have to go somewhere soon (but still wanted to post update for you), so I hope you don't mind if I'll just slap a new curse on you and leave.

Oh and you're still stucked in the same room. Come on, now you have 50 % chance to get out.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

QjeIFZm.png

PART 5

This segment was nightmare, so it fits to this Challenge. The start was easy. I beat Nihilego with combined force of my still not evolved Pokémon. But then Hau came and obliterated my team. Well almost obliterated. I was able to beat him because most of his Pokémon are weak to Tim. And right after the battle both Buffy and Michael evolved. Finally!

With my newly evolved Pokémon I was able to clear the path to the Electric Trial and for a first time, it was easy! I had 2 Pokémon that can negate Electric-Type attacks, so Togedemaru fall down pretty quickly.

But then, Guzma appeared and after being destroyed by him, I remembered that I wanted to catch new member to my team to replace Igor - Beldum. I found one after a while and named it Ned. It evolved instantly, but I had to grind more to beat Guzma.

But Guzma wasn't the worst of this part. After looking at Marowak's movepool, I found out that it won't learn any Ghost-Type move, except of Shadow Bone at level 27. But it evolved from Cubone at level 28. That's just great. And so I wanted to teach it Shadow Ball. And to get TM for that, I had to battle one trainer. With Whiscash and Honchkrow. I don't like it, but I have to admit I spent about 20 minutes on that fight.

Ghost Trial probably wanted to top that, so Mimikyu had super-effective moves against everyone (except of Tim) and landed one crit after another. Somehow, after I run out of all the Revives, I won.

And so I'm waiting for another curse. You can either put one on me from already known curses or roll it for me by posting any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

lanturn.gif

Tim, Serious Male Lanturn @Electrium Z
lvl 38, Volt Absorb
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Discharge
- Bubble Beam

metang.gif

Ned, Naive Metang @Steelium Z
lvl 33, Clear Body
- Take Down
- Zen Headbutt
- Metal Claw
- Miracle Eye

marowak-alola.gif

Buffy, Quiet Female Marowak @Firium Z
lvl 39, Lighting Rod
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Boomerang
- Focus Energy

bewear.gif

lvl 38, Klutz
- Brick Break
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw
- Take Down​

I'll afflict you with Light's End Curse. Let's see how you do when that removes Fairy, Electric, Psychic and Fire Types from play(fortunately, Buffy is immune to being part Ghost). Losing half your team though is going to suck ;)

Years
I'll afflict you with Light's End Curse. Let's see how you do when that removes Fairy, Electric, Psychic and Fire Types from play(fortunately, Buffy is immune to being part Ghost). Losing half your team though is going to suck ;)

I'm already at the part 7 (Literally 2nd post above yours) with a different team as I lost half of my team anyway :D Light's End would still affect me as it would take away Alolan Raichu, so I think I'll take it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm already at the part 7 (Literally 2nd post above yours) with a different team as I lost half of my team anyway :D Light's End would still affect me as it would take away Alolan Raichu, so I think I'll take it.

Ahh well your profile on front page hasn't been updated so I didn't know. Still, should hurt you a bit(that curse hurt me a lot).

Years

S8UzrXg.png

PART 8

Okay, the hardest battle of the game is ahead of me. But first, let me box Lulu. I have no idea who I want to replace her with. Probably one of the fossil Pokémon. Right now, I would say either Omastar or Tyrantrum.

But now, let's beat Ultra Necrozma. I OHKO'd Lunala Necrozma with Annie's Z-Move and was feeling optimistic about Ultra version. I was so wrong. 1st attempt is over in only 4 attacks. I need plan. Last time I battled Necrozma, I had Pyukumuku, but this time I'm alone. I gave Quick Claw to Thing and taught him Toxic. It took me only 4 more tries for Quick Claw to work and put poison on Ultra Necrozma. Then it was just a matter of time.

Well, I kinda forget to get my new Pokémon and continued to Hapu bossfight. Which was much more harder that I expected. I somehow won thanks to Michael tanking the hits and actually doing nice damage.

Now is probably time to interact with something after just going around the Mansion all the time (I think I forgot to move once or moved twice in one segment once). Well, I'm in the room 43 with 2 plates. You might have already guess it, but when someone got to this point in their game, they were transported to the the room 42 either with a re-roll or with more curses on them. This creates interesting situation, because one of these plates can cure up to 3 curses from a player. Two players before me tried to get it, but failed. If I grab one of the plates, it will trigger special event to sent me to the room 42, which will leave only 1 plate with the cure on the table.

And I think I'll do that! But I want to make this as random as possible, so I'm letting RNG decide, if I'll get a full re-roll, not a full re-roll or just 1 or more curses... And I hit the 2nd option. Another roll will decide how many curses I'll re-roll - 5. Now that I think about it, should I post image from the random.org or do you believe me? It doesn't matter now anyway... Oh and I'll of course get 1 more curse for moving. My new curse list is Embargo, Starter-lock hex, Forest's Curse, Zombie Dinner, Toxic Avenger (Poison-Type with Toxic on team), Frozen Curse, BIRDS!!!! (Regional bird with only Physical and Status moves on team) and Too scared to move. That means I'll have to put Alolan Muk and Toucannon on my team. I'm kinda glad that I have 6 Pokémon again. I'll also grind to the level 60 or even more, because I can no longer use items in battle.

Team

bewear.gif

lvl 60, Klutz
- Brick Break
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw
- Thrash

chandelure.gif

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure @Firium Z
lvl 55, Flash Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Burst
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

sandslash-alola.gif

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash @Steelium Z
lvl 57, Snow Cloak
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Icicle Spear
- Hail​

Years
I'm stopping my playthrough and blog for time's sake. There's a lot going on and the blog puts more pressure on me than enjoyment. I just don't really have much time to play the actual game and develop my writing. Is it alright if I can be taken off of the map? My two blog posts will still be there but no longer extended or anything. I hope this type of thing is encouraged... I don't like stopping things like this especially when it involves a community but I simply can't do it all and I would prefer focusing on other things that have top priority ATM. I'm still going to participate in challenges, just not this one for now because I'd prefer to write a summary on what I did instead of a story that I'm trying to base off of my run, if that makes any sense.

Years
I'm stopping my playthrough and blog for time's sake. There's a lot going on and the blog puts more pressure on me than enjoyment. I just don't really have much time to play the actual game and develop my writing. Is it alright if I can be taken off of the map? My two blog posts will still be there but no longer extended or anything. I hope this type of thing is encouraged... I don't like stopping things like this especially when it involves a community but I simply can't do it all and I would prefer focusing on other things that have top priority ATM. I'm still going to participate in challenges, just not this one for now because I'd prefer to write a summary on what I did instead of a story that I'm trying to base off of my run, if that makes any sense.

I'm not involved in running this so can't take you off the map or anything, but just wanted to tell you that nobody minds if somebody doesn't finish a challenge :) (unless you not finishing means someone else can't finish, of course, but that's not the case here). I haven't finished the vast majority of challenges I started lol (usually because more important things got in the way, or I got distracted by a shiny new challenge, or most of my team got wiped out or something and it would be too difficult/frustrating/annoying to progress). It was also mentioned earlier that this challenge will become a "normal" challenge after Halloween, and all the curses/interactive objects will be posted so you can take your time finishing it. You only have to finish by Halloween if you want the prize (if there is one, I can't remember).

(and yeah, no need to make a story. Lots of us just do a quick summary of what we did since the last update. Some people find it fun to create a story to go along with their challenge run but you don't have to by any means, and you can always switch from doing a story to doing a summary or vice versa whenever you want, no one's going to mind)

Years

Don't worry about it. The thread will still be accessible, so you can finish it when you feel like finishing it. And while writing story is fun, I myself prefer to just post summary and my thoughts as update. Heck, in many recent logs from other Challenges, I don't even talk about what I've done in-game, but about other stuff - I was watching Detroit: Become Human while playing one Challenge, so I was writing about that and then somehow fit the updates from the run to it.

It was also mentioned earlier that this challenge will become a "normal" challenge after Halloween, and all the curses/interactive objects will be posted so you can take your time finishing it. You only have to finish by Halloween if you want the prize (if there is one, I can't remember).

I'll probably disappoint few people, but this Challenge won't become regular. It will still be accessible as every Event Challenge before, but nor me or ddrox will update the map or roll new curses (because it really became a chore after a while and took a lot of time to do). I'll still post the curse list and interactions so anyone can play by themselves.

But don't worry, I already have plans for a Christmas Event in December. And while there won't be an Event in November, I want to experiment a little bit.

Years

S8UzrXg.png

FINAL PART

Yes, I made it. It took me a long time, but somehow I made it. This is last time I play an Event on Alola games...

Anyway, with the new set of rules, I add Bellis the Alolan Muk and the Toucannon on my team. I trained them to level 50 and then went to challenge E4.

I started with Molayne. Annie and Micheal were my choices for this battle and I had really hard time with no healing and Z-Moves in the battle. But I was able to beat him with not that many problems.

I prepared for Olivia after the last battle against her. Once again, the hard thing was not to let my Pokémon's HP drop to low, so I can use them safely against other Pokémon.

Acelora and another easy battle. And once again, I used mostly Annie.

Kahili! Lulu, that returned on team after last segment, did a fast work of her.

And finally, Champion battle with Hau. It was fun battle with a lot of switching and no fainted Pokémon at the end.

Overall, this Challenge was fun. I spent most of the time grinding, because I had to switch my team all the time. It got a easier in the late game. The worst thing was that Ultra Moon is soooo slow at times and in some segments I didn't even play that much as I was waiting for a cutscenes to end.

And here's the Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team

bewear.gif

Michael, Timid Male Bewear
lvl 65, Klutz
- Brick Break
- Hammer Arm
- Work Up
- Thrash

chandelure.gif

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure
lvl 60, Flash Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Burst
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

sandslash-alola.gif

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash
lvl 62, Snow Cloak
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Icicle Spear
- Hail

raichu-alola.gif

Lulu, Naughty Female Raichu
lvl 61, Surge Surfer
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

toucannon.gif

Peeler, Timid Male Toucannon
lvl 57, Skill Link
- Beak Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Fury Attack
- Feather Dance

muk-alola.gif

Bellis, Careful Female Muk
lvl 58, Poison Touch
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic
- Crunch
- Venom Drench​

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update (#9) on Ruby:

• I had to catch an Absol due to the new curse, so Torment the Absol replaced Crusher the Pinsir.
  • Battled the remaining trainers on the sea routes to train him up.
  • Grinded a bit before going to Evergrande and passing through Victory Road.
  • Wally challenged me at the end and I handled him easily.
  • Did a lot of grinding to get everyone to L50 to take on the Elite Four.
  • Sidney wasn't too difficult since I was higher leveled than his team.
  • Pheobe was soloed by Torment's Swords Dance + Shadow Ball combo.
  • Glacia was taken down mostly by Smoggy and Boing.
  • Drake was handled with a team effort, with Beamer getting the knockout with Ice Beam.
  • Finally Wallace was up. His Cradily was a major pain, but thanks to Smoggy's versatility he was able to take down Skarmory, Metagross, and Armaldo to secure me the victory.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Triumphant Investigators:
Spr_3e_110.png

Smoggy the Brave Weezing, ♂ - L52
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Toxic
Hoenn co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP, Champion MVP
Spr_3e_359.png

Torment the Lonely Absol, ♂ - L51
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Bite, Slash, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L50
Ability: Guts
Moves: Return, Steel Wing, Fly, Double Team
Spr_3e_332.png

Thorny the Quiet Cacturne, ♀ - L51
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Giga Drain, Return, Faint Attack, Flash
Spr_3e_326.png

Boing the Hasty Grumpig, ♂ - L51
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Psychic, Confuse Ray, Psybeam, Psywave
Spr_3e_073.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ♀ - L50
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Surf, Barrier, Ice Beam, Blizzard
Hoenn co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP

Years

Hi guys, thanks again for participating in this event and congratulations to the ones who completed it. Before I unstick the thread I have one more request for you. Could you give me and ddrox some sort of feedback on this event? Did you enjoy the whole thing? Made the curses your game challenging? Would you like to see this "map based" format in more events? Was waiting for a new curse acceptable? If you are new to this forum, will you try more Challenges now?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Solid event with a map based system that encouraged interaction with the community. The curses were decent and in some cases, screwed me over after you realized that some didn?t apply in Generation 1. Finishing the challenge with just three Pok?mon did suck balls. As for map based events, why not? I can see them working for Xmas(thinking mischievous Elves), Easter(Easter Egg Hunt) and heck for other areas of the Forum(PokeTrivia Fire Type Emblem). Updating it is a real chore though so if you do this, you?ll have to be active and communicate with other coordinators of the event. Also, it might be wise to limit participation since over on FTE, the maps can only hold so many characters before they spill over into two posts. FTE participation has gotten so large, we?ve split up into two groups(and hence two maps). Just something to consider for future events.

Years
I thought it was a fantastic idea for an event! I didn't get very far because I was too busy, but it was fun anyway, and I liked that you could only plan so far ahead because you don't know what your next curse is going to be. I liked the map idea, but it seemed like it might've been a lot of extra work for you guys - I would be just as happy with a map image and text beneath stating where each player is if that's less work than an interactive map

Last edited:
Back