• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it me or?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • ...Do Diamond and Pearl feel really incomplete, story wise? It's bothered me for years how how incomplete it felt to me. Maybe generation IV as a whole, though.

Anyone agree with me?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    What exactly do you think is missing?

Years
  • Yeah I agree and it's why Diamond and Pearl are low down on my favourite Pokemon games list, however, Platinum and HGSS' stories were amazing, so most of Gen 4 was really good!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Platinum did a fixer-upper on the Diamond & Pearl storyline. I actually think those games offered one of the most immersive plots of all the Pokémon games, that's just one of the reasons why they're my personal favourites.

Years
  • Yea i agree with you The story in gen 4 is so broken and incomplete It just makes you feel that there could've been something more Platinum Made a better attempt at this and made the story a little more bearable than Diamond and Pearl I acually did not pay much attention to the story at all when i played through those games.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Platinum did a fixer-upper on the Diamond & Pearl storyline. I actually think those games offered one of the most immersive plots of all the Pokémon games, that's just one of the reasons why they're my personal favourites.

I agree completely, Platinum really fixed the storyline and everything else made it feel complete. I didn't enjoy Diamond and Pearl much, but playing through Platinum I got so much out of it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    still patiently waiting to see what OP has to say about the story being unfinished

Back