• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Halloween articles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • ddrox13 suggested this, and I don't mind going for the theme, so!

Discuss articles that we could schedule to be released on October 31st because most of the reader audience ('MURICA) like the spooky day. Obviously themed around it.

I'm bumping this article idea about discussing Lavender Town music - I reckon I can push it out in a week easily enough although it needs some more input first. Bumping it in a moment.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well we've done creepiest locations. How about creepiest Pokemon?

I also suggested creepy fan game locations as well. Though I don't know how fast that could be made.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    • Creepiest Pokémon.
    • Perhaps see if there are any creepy/scary/horror stories involving PC users and Pokémon?
    • If someone wants to get creative, maybe - and I know we do articles but - a Pokémon-themed horror short story/comic strip?
    • Creepiest Pokémon songs.

Creepiest Pokemon songs....

*Flashbacks to Hypno's lullaby.

But that actually sounds pretty fun. It actually gave me an idea...

Best Pokemon Creepy Pasta's maybe?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • What if we rank the spookiest pokemon by most dangerous?

Be an interesting list for sure.

I approve this plan. Gengar, Haunter, Chandy, Palossand, and even the Trevanant line can be really dangerous to the average mortal (i.e. someone without plot armor)

This also would serve as a good lead-in to one of my ideas for the future...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Scary Pokemon origins? Aka, Pokemon that are based off of scary myths or animals that just look creepy.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Thought about a scariest moments article?

When Ghetius's Hydreigon ( that I didn't know existed or was a dragon as I avoided leaks), came in and swept my team with me wasting 40 hyper potions and 30 revives. In the end, I barely beat it and won the match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually think that could be a fun idea. It isn't limited to spooky stuff, so it offers a lot of variation between thoughts. Would this be limited to scary like ghosts or scenes in Pokemon, or would it be open to anything, sort of like my above post?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I approve this plan. Gengar, Haunter, Chandy, Palossand, and even the Trevanant line can be really dangerous to the average mortal (i.e. someone without plot armor)

PLEASE DO THIS.

Also maybe creepiest music (other than Lavender Town)? Quoting ddrox13, our resident music dude.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We could have one detailing the ghost girls? Or was that already covered in something else recent?
    Ghost girls as in characters in the game freak titles who are ghosts? There was recently a video made by Ben on creepiest Pokemon areas, so it might be a bit too similar to that (they were used as reasons for some areas) to follow up on right now... hmm.
    I approve this plan. Gengar, Haunter, Chandy, Palossand, and even the Trevanant line can be really dangerous to the average mortal (i.e. someone without plot armor)

I also like the most dangerous idea.
    Scary Pokemon origins? Aka, Pokemon that are based off of scary myths or animals that just look creepy.
    That's always neat to explore. Reminds me of an article written elsewhere by someone else years ago (which I helped with). I can always draw from that to help somone if they want to tackle it.
    When Ghetius's Hydreigon ( that I didn't know existed or was a dragon as I avoided leaks), came in and swept my team with me wasting 40 hyper potions and 30 revives. In the end, I barely beat it and won the match.

I actually think that could be a fun idea. It isn't limited to spooky stuff, so it offers a lot of variation between thoughts. Would this be limited to scary like ghosts or scenes in Pokemon, or would it be open to anything, sort of like my above post?
    I'm not so sure about the 'open to anything' bit - doesn't sound like something that quite fits to halloween, personally. It's not a bad idea for an article - just maybe something to write after it rather than for it (so it isn't, as you said, limited to spooky stuff).
    PLEASE DO THIS.

Also maybe creepiest music (other than Lavender Town)? Quoting ddrox13, our resident music dude.
    Psst, I and Dragon also write about Pokemon music. ;p Anyways idk about multiple music articles at once - I'd rather space it out. Plus may be lacking some time now to get a list out properly for that sort of thing (there's a lot of music to consider!)
    Best Pokemon Creepy Pasta's maybe?
    Likewise - may be a bit short of time to properly consider such a list (and given I'm into fics I would most certainly want to check such lists and take my time with it).

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • PLEASE DO THIS.

I'm not a huge fan of creepy music (with the possible exception of Ghost Battle and Dark Battle from Conquest), so I'll let someone else deal with that

I also like the most dangerous idea.

I'm moving that post to the WIP area now as it seems to have gotten a lot of approval and it is time sensitive, although it will likely be called "spookiest" because I don't want to include Magcargo.

Back