• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 3: Finished

What changes should be made to Mega Lapras' stats?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292734&postcount=69"]Wall/Wallbreaker[/url]

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292787&postcount=70"]Fast Sweeper[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292851&postcount=71"]Mixed DD Sweeper 1[/url]

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9293635&postcount=72"]Mixed DD Sweeper 2[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
  • I nominated Torterra. Aside from being very bad in OU thanks to how outclassed it is at the moment, being a Rock Polish user that is outsped by several Choice Scarf users sucks, so it could use a Speed increase. A Mega Evolution would also make room for augmentation of Torterra's already solid bulk. Sadly, its power is already only average, and considering Mega Pokemon can't use Life Orb, a Mega Torterra runs the risk of being weaker than its base forme. However, its Attack could always be increased to make up for this, and it's not as if other Megas are free of this issue. Losing Life Orb could possibly even help Mega Torterra, as it wouldn't be killing itself every time it attacks.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • by looking at the poll, I think we will need another poll...

Butterfree, Lapras, Rapidash, Feraligatr and Weezing are pretty close by looking the number of votes.. :)

Years
  • by looking at the poll, I think we will need another poll...

Butterfree, Lapras, Rapidash, Feraligatr and Weezing are pretty close by looking the number of votes.. :)

If there's a tie we just RNG or do a coin toss. We have a schedule we try to keep so it's problematic to re-poll constantly.

Sirfetch’d

Kinda sad that Shifty isn't going to win but I will be happy with whoever does tbh. All of these are fine choices.

Years
  • Lapras needs a typing change badly, Water/ice doesn't do much for it. I'm gonna nominate Water/Fairy. Water should be kept since, you know, it can't go on land(and I doubt the design team is gonna change that trait).

Fairy would be a nice add-on to fit how elegant it is. Fairy is also connected to mythos, and Lapras is based on the loch ness monster. It's a great defensive typing for bulk, and lastly... it's a pun on Lapras being a ferry. A Fairy ferrry. You know you love it.

Years
  • I can't help but think that Water/Dragon would be a good fit for Lapras since it seems to be based on Nessie or a plesiosaur kind of thing.

Years
  • I think Water-Psychic would be pretty great since it takes away its SR weakness and gives it STAB on Psychic. Not to mention Starmie and Slowbro have that typing, and I'd say their careers have gone pretty well.

Etherion

I thibk Water/Fairy or Ice/Fairy would fit a M. Lapras

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Seconding Water/Psychic. I think Dragon would also be more suitable, than Fairy.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Lapras is such a majestic Pokemon, so either Water/Fairy or Water/Dragon suits me (with Dragon being slightly more fitting). However, what do you guys think of adding the Flying-type instead? I remember Lapras flying in Explorers of T/D/S and I reckon some great designs could come out of that typing!

Sirfetch’d

Water/Fairy is not a bad idea in theory but afaik, Lapras doesn't even get Fairy moves so it would be rather useless. Water/Psychic is probably the best typing for it as it gives it some nifty resistances as well as taking away it's weakness to SR. Lapras is also blessed with quite a few good Psychic moves such as Psychic and Zen Headbutt(it gets Dragon Dance so maybe we could go down the route of turning this thing into a physical attacker?) Water/Dragon makes sense too but is honestly a bit boring IMO.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I really like the reasoning with Water/Psychic, it really would help a lot but I'm very partial to Water/Dragon and would love to see what would come of that typing for it.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • Water/Fairy is not a bad idea in theory but afaik, Lapras doesn't even get Fairy moves so it would be rather useless. Water/Psychic is probably the best typing for it as it gives it some nifty resistances as well as taking away it's weakness to SR. Lapras is also blessed with quite a few good Psychic moves such as Psychic and Zen Headbutt(it gets Dragon Dance so maybe we could go down the route of turning this thing into a physical attacker?) Water/Dragon makes sense too but is honestly a bit boring IMO.

IM WITH THIS GUY !

"Some Lapras are able to develop Psychic abilities such as telepathy,[5] which makes them able to understand human speech."

Since the above and also has psychic moves, just slap water/psychic on it.

PS: What the hell, just slapping fairy/dragon for basically resistances is just plain stupid imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back