• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your impression of the Sinnoh region?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The Sinnoh region has come up in a lot of debates as dark & gloomy (I suppose best way to describe?) Do you agree that the region as a whole seemed darker than other regions?

Which was your favourite part of the Sinnoh region? Why? Which parts of the region sucked?

(Keep in mind I am discussing the region only and not the story!)

Years
    • Seen today
    I've only played through Sinnoh once, and there wasn't anything I disliked in particular.

Oreburgh and Floaroma town were places I liked.

Finding the ghost in the house before you reach snowpoint city made that place my favorite route in the game.

Years
  • I would say it has darker tones that previous gens and thanks to it feels more mature and believable that Kanto, Johto or Hoenn. I love how most places are connected to more that one place (Unlike Unova, where you have pretty linear path).
    Also, Mt. Coronet with different types of Shellos is nice little detail. I wish we could get this in next region. Alolan forms were close, but they felt a little bit forced and not thought through.

Years
  • Amazing. The jump in graphics from RSE and FRLG to DPPt were amazing and I was massively excited to play. So much that I had to buy the Japanese version of Pearl since I couldn't wait 6-7 months for an English release. Everything was so immersive and the games felt really complete.... I miss it so much!

The atmosphere felt darker than previous regions because of the locations (looking at you, Old Chateau) for sure. I wouldn't say anything was bad about the region either, since imo it felt very well put together and connected nicely from each point.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wouldn't say darker or gloomier, no. Rather, it felt larger and more confusing haha, but also more majestic in a way. The story though? That was definitely darker than previous games. It felt more urgent and serious, with everything that was going on, with bombs and the Distortion world and all.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I was amazed by it from the get go, I love everything about the Sinnoh region. I still think to this date that the Sinnoh region was the best due to how how much detail was put into it. I always have fun whenever I play through Sinnoh, all and all just a great Pokemon region.

Back