• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
Robin van Persie is rocking right now, 3-0 to United, though I don't know if they really deserve that scoreline it's a professional performance from them.

Van Persie's two goals

robin.gif

rvp-2.gif

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Yup, even everywhere but RvP makes the difference.

Bony scores. Good start for my fantasy Premier League strikeforce.

Welbeck scores 2, including a great finish, he's still the worst player in the world though.

Last edited:
Years
Hopefully this will encourage Wenger to finally spend some money. Spurs should finish ahead of them this season.

Van Persie & Bony are both in my fantasy team so great start there. Where did those Welbeck goals come from? He's already having a better season than last term.

And Marvin emnesssss... Yeah the game was crap really unfortunately. Same as usual, possession with no threat, concede cheap goal etc. But at least we got a point.

Good to see Rvw and Bony make scoring starts.

Last edited:

TY

For me Benteke and Van Persie were in my fantasy team and both got 2 goals, which im pretty happy with.

Also in the Eredivisie weird stuff can happen. A club that just promoted beating a club that usually goes for the Europa League with 4-1 is a example which happened today.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
It's because Eredevisie isn't a "money league" like the big 5. And I don't care what people say about the Bundesliga, it's worse than La Liga - financially Bayern have a monopoly, the only reason Dortmund are up there is because they produce world class players faster than Bayern can poach them.

For once I am genuinely upset that Arsenal (who I still consider to be United's rivals, despite SAF's retirement and the Emirates Stadium not being home to a single new trophy since its construction) lost. Bad refereeing ruined the Many Faces of Woljech Sczezney Show :P. He is a hilarious keeper to watch, but his penalty save showed he's not completely useless. But Koscielny was unlucky with the 2nd penalty, and then to be sent off without even catching Weimann...that's just unfortunate. And I can guarantee goal No.3 wouldn't have happened if they'd still had both centre backs.

Gutted I missed the chance to watch United on t.v. too! Had work, and my family couldn't get the DVD to work. A good win though, sure Swansea had slightly more possession but you can't say we didn't deserve it. Van Persie's got 4 in 2 games now :D. Good to see Welbeck remembering how to score - one more and he's exceeded last season's tally, plus it means we have an Englishman joint top scorer! (Even if it is only the first day).
-Lapras- how can you possibly say The Fresh Prince of Old Trafford is the worst player in the world? He has everything - pace, power, work rate, skills (went wrong badly, but still), aerial ability and now even goals again. Somehow my brother also seriously dislikes him, which I just cannot understand.
Also, Valencia got an assist - I'm sure if he was still wearing No. 7 he would've stopped and passed that backwards. I swear that was all he did last season - put him 1 on 1 with the keeper and he would've played it to the man on the edge of the box instead. And Rooney got one too! I really wish he'd come out and say he wants to stay, he's a quality player, no doubt.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I just can't bring myself to like him. Maybe if he becomes a regular scorer this season he'll grow on me. Also remember I don't regularly watch Utd so I don't see the all-round game very often.

Watching MOTD and that RvW header looks better every time I see it. That perfectly sliced shot assist.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Haha, I missed it. But I've previously claimed a sliced shot assist to have been deliberate :P

Did they get all of Norwich and Everton's player's ethnicities right when showing the lineups? Sky had Giggs playing CF and Welbeck player LM, which soon changed. But MOTD, whilst getting that right, showed Fabio and Kagawa (then Jenkinson for the Arsenal game) as random black dudes!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
MOTD had RvW in attacking midfield and Hoolahan as the striker on the graphic at the beginning of the match. Only thing like that I noticed tbh.

Years
I
-Lapras- how can you possibly say The Fresh Prince of Old Trafford is the worst player in the world? He has everything - pace, power, work rate, skills (went wrong badly, but still), aerial ability and now even goals again. Somehow my brother also seriously dislikes him, which I just cannot understand.
Personally I think Welbeck is one of the most frustrating players I've watched. At one instant he does some really nice tricks but then he ****s up when he tries to complicate something that should've been simple.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I like Welbeck, especially for England he always seems to pop up with important goals (Sweden at Euro 2012 anyone?). He just needs to work on his game more, it's a shame SAF has left as he definitely could of nurtured him better than Moyes. He's got everything going for him right now; he plays in a top team with top players around him, he's got pace, power and can finish if given the opportunity. Welbeck seems to have earned an unjust reputation of being useless (which is as far from the truth as possible). Anyone see him against Real Madrid last year? He was probably United's best player playing from the left wing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeah, that's what I was on about - Kagawa, Fabio (And Zaha, didn't notice that) having the wrong pictures :)

Also, Lampard missed a penalty? What's happening to the world.

Years
I had noticed the MOTD picture error last night, it happened with Arsenal's bench too. I only watched those two games so I wouldn't know it if carried on.

The fantasy league table looks a bit screwed up, but I think I had a major lead from Saturday's games, but ShadowExcadrill now has the lead after Sunday's games are counted. Mignolet, Nolan & RVP being my players in double figures.

Barcelona 7-0 Levante. Just another day for them then.

Osvaldo is very interesting. If him, RVW & Bony have good seasons then the race for the golden boot could be very interesting (and entertaining).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Not forgetting that apparently Torres was once a good striker, Aguero and Rooney have both hit 30 goals before too...oh, and Lukaku!

Haha, Neymar got on just as Barcelona were slowing things down. Personally I always thought his showy style (which, by the way, I'm not criticising - seen him play in the olympics and thought he was great) was more suited to Madrid.

Years
Yeah, that's what I was on about - Kagawa, Fabio (And Zaha, didn't notice that) having the wrong pictures :)

Also, Lampard missed a penalty? What's happening to the world.

Phil Jones also has the wrong picture. I think Craig Gardener is in that picture instead.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Haha, didn't even notice that one. Also, I'm really angry now - NBC is showing PL matches for free in the US! FOR FREE!. We get 1 in 20 years, yet a country where football is so unpopular its referred to as "soccer" gets it for free. Really not fair.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I never doubted my team's chances on saturday and actually predicted a 4 nil win but it wasn't to be and Danny with the double warms my heart.

As for the fantasy football, I started picking my players then remembered I don't have the dedication to pick a different team week after week and what goes through the minds of the mad men managers might leave me picking players who wouldn't play.

Always had Mourinho as one of my favorite managers but a part of me wants to slap him for not picking Mata(a player I would probably put in a fantasy side).

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I never doubted my team's chances on saturday and actually predicted a 4 nil win but it wasn't to be and Danny with the double warms my heart.

As for the fantasy football, I started picking my players then remembered I don't have the dedication to pick a different team week after week and what goes through the minds of the mad men managers might leave me picking players who wouldn't play.

Always had Mourinho as one of my favorite managers but a part of me wants to slap him for not picking Mata(a player I would probably put in a fantasy side).
Mata had just flown back from playing in Ecuador and had picked up a knock I believe.

Back