• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • Seasonal...DCCs?

I mean, autumn is when my birthday is an it's my favorite season and all, but I liked seeing how many posts the DCC had by the end of the year.

Oh well.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • ^ Snow in Florida? Blasphemy!

We moved to Maine for a year right after I was born, and I saw snow then, but I was a baby so I don't remember it. I wanna seeeeeeee ;A;

Ahhh, snow...it has only snowed here in northern California once in my life, when I was like, 9 or 10....it wasn't that bad, but my parents let me stay home from school anyways. XD

If it snowed here, even just an inch, EVERYTHING WOULD SHUT DOWN. No one here would have any idea what to do, and no one knows how to drive on icy roads LMFAO. That's one reason why I want it, I'll have a slow day at work =u=

APPARENTLY IT SNOWS IN TEXAS??

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • With global climate change, it can snow anywhere now. I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed on the equator. Or the equator AND the meridian line (being the dead center of the earth).

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

• We moved to Maine for a year right after I was born, and I saw snow then, but I was a baby so I don't remember it. I wanna seeeeeeee ;A;

If it snowed here, even just an inch, EVERYTHING WOULD SHUT DOWN. No one here would have any idea what to do, and no one knows how to drive on icy roads LMFAO. That's one reason why I want it, I'll have a slow day at work =u=

APPARENTLY IT SNOWS IN TEXAS??

Yeah, I have friends who live in Texas and they say it snows there, and all I can say to them is "TEXAS GETS SNOW AND I DON'T?!?!?!" I'm at a higher freaking latitude and everything!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • CLIMATE CHANGE.

There's a reason we hear about it in the news.

Heck, Maryland hadn't had a blizzard as bad as the one in February since who knows when. /and I got two weeks off without extra days added on to summer vacation because the week following the blizzard we were supposed to get off anyhow

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • We didn't have ANY snow here for about a decade after I got here. If I got really lucky it would snow once, MAYBE twice, but not stick at all. Now, in 07 and 08, we had 2 snow days a year, with enough snow to have snowball fights, and make snowmen. The works. We didn't get much in 09 though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lol, why not? I bet the weather in Florida is awesome... aside from the occasional hurricane.

What are you talking about? The Hurricanes are the best thing about Florida. :3

/is serious

We haven't gotten a Hurricane in about two years though. ;___; Southern Florida should be getting one soon though~

/lives in Central Florida. But still. Is excited.

I miss the snow. ;___;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It seems that around here we usually get one snowstorm in the winter (per year) that closes everything for a day or two. But I remember last winter being more active, with at least three "snow events" (that's what the news channel calls them around here.)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • The last hurricane we got that was bad was Hurricane Isabel. Knocked our power out for quite some time.

Can't remember any other situations like that though. And I think yesterday or something there was apparently a tornado warning at some point nearby.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Last Tropical Storm (it wasn't a Hurricane) that we got in Central Florida caused us to have two first days of school. XD

And then there was that Tropical Storm that thought it would be cool to hit Florida, turn around, and hit Florida again.

Hurricanes are awesome.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    We never experienced a hurricane or tornado of some sort. I think they are cool. I want one to happen.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I live too far inland to get much from hurricanes besides a lot of rain, however...

My parents' vacation property nearly took a direct hit from Hugo back in '89 (but somehow survived without damage) just a few months after they had bought it. IIRC, that region (coastal South Carolina) hasn't taken a direct hit from a major hurricane since.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Nowhere has really taken such a bad hit since Katrina. Mainly because all the Hurricanes are A. not powerful enough or B. they want to just curve up, away from America, and just hit Bermuda.

/yes. realizes that she speaks like Hurricanes have minds. Don't blame me for my odd liking over 'em~

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

• What are you talking about? The Hurricanes are the best thing about Florida. :3

/is serious

We haven't gotten a Hurricane in about two years though. ;___; Southern Florida should be getting one soon though~

/lives in Central Florida. But still. Is excited.

I miss the snow. ;___;
    I can kinda see that tbh. I bet it's exciting, but still, property damage.

I live in a valley, so the only natural disaster that we could ever possibly get is an earthquake or volcano eruption. Considering that I live on the ring of fire... they aren't really all that unlikely. A small (like 2-3.0 probably) earthquake woke me up last year, but it's the only one I've ever been awake to feel. I've also gone through 2 other big ones, but didn't wake up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Maybe I'll care more about the property damage once I move closer to where Hurricanes actually hit. However, I currently live in the part of Florida that barely gets anything more than a Tropical Storm.

/lives pretty much smack in the middle of the state; about an hour's away from each shore line east and west.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I really can't think of any major natural disasters that would occur where I'm currently attending school, aside from the remnants of hurricanes like I mentioned earlier. We do seem to go through alternating periods of drought followed by drenching rain, though.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • The only natural disaster in northern Ontario is winter really, and that can get pretty intense some years. Last year it was -50 degrees Celsius at one point.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Yeah, that's pretty epic. It gets -70F where I used to live in Alaska. lol

Your eyelashes would literally freeze. rofl

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back