• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I used to be able to withstand the cold back when I lived in Colorado. However, since I moved to Florida, my blood has thinned out, and thus I can't withstand it as much as I used to. :(

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I actually can take the cold a lot better than I used to. Anything below 70 and I needed a coat. Now, I go out when it's below freezing in a tshirt, and laugh at ppl wearing multiple coats and still shivering.

I like extremes on both end of the spectrum really. I just hate when it's 40-60.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ugh.. I hated winter growing up (I lived in upstate New York). I don't recall some of the temperature extremes, but the temperature would often go well below zero for days at a time. But the worst part is that it just lasted for so long... the cold season was from October to April. And of course, I was the one who was assigned with the task of shoveling the driveway...

That's the main reason I decided to go to college in the Carolinas... to get away from those brutal winters. Of course, it didn't help that I still had to go back home for winter break... and a snowstorm even stranded me at the Cleveland, Ohio Greyhound bus station one time :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I would probably be one of those people in multiple coats and still shivering. :( /is that bad now.

I enjoyed snow~ . . . Prolly because I never had to shovel the driveway or anything. xD;

Years
  • I don't know how all of you can stand to live where it gets so cold. I spent a year living where it snows and that was too much for me. How do you manage?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I love cold weather.

Snow is so pretty.

Oh, by the way, it snowed today. It's..obviously not even October. I don't live in a cold place..at least, not that cold.

But still..it SNOWED. @___@

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Some people just like cold weather. I don't understand it either... I'm so much more comfortable in the heat.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • IT ALMOST SNOWED HERE LAST YEAR.

It was cold enough, but since it wasn't hot out, not enough water was evaporating, so all the storms stayed off the coast /cries

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It actually did flurry here last Winter in Central Florida. :D

I like the cold more than the heat definitely, as I'd rather pack on layers on clothing, than wearing next to nothing and still be sweating. :(

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, I'm going to go for a bike ride while I can still enjoy this very mediocre weather.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I heard about that, my sister goes to UCF, so she got a little bit of it ;3;

Whyyy can't it snow in Jacksonville what did Jacksonville ever do to anyone. Except for being boring.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I heard about that, my sister goes to UCF, so she got a little bit of it ;3;

Whyyy can't it snow in Jacksonville what did Jacksonville ever do to anyone. Except for being boring.
    I live near Jacksonville.... Oregon. lol

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Oh wow, I remember when the DCC title's were named after seasons.

Also, I use to love the cold, but now I seem to get more sick easily when I'm cold so I kinda hate it now, lol. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My mom was kind of the same way. She got sick pretty easily in the cold during the winter, and her body didn't take to the altitude real well either. Thus, we ended up moving down to Florida. At first I didn't see too many upsides, and while I'm not happy about the weather, I have found upsides to it~

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Just got back from my bike ride, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's actually in the upper 80s today. Maybe it changed because I complained about it being cold so much. The heat really hyped me up, so I finished my route in record time. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back