• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your dream house

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Ooooooooh.

It would be a cozy rustic style home with 2 bedrooms, an office and a library. The library would have a giant window nook to sit by and big comfy chairs. Preferably wood floors, a big exposed brick fireplace and a giant beautiful kitchen with an island for days. The kitchen is my favorite room in the house, so having a nice one is very important. Ideally I'd also have beautiful paintings and sculptures around and lots of coffee tables books about art and photography on said coffee table. Also lots of plants that my cats magically don't try and eat all the time >___>

Other features: lots of natural light, a decent sized backyard where I can play with my future doggies without disturbing my vegetable and flower gardens. A nice patio out front where I can sit and read and a deck out back where I can sit and read without making conversation with everyone that walks by. Extra points if this is near the mountains. Even more extra points if this is somehow in the mountains but also near lots of fun stuff like a city :< I can dream.

Years
  • So personally I've had a lot of dream houses at different times. Right how it's a big Victorian, at least two stories tall, probably painted in red or burgundy or something like that. It has a lot of stained glass windows and a turret with a small room in it with a view for miles. There's a large yard with a private, secluded garden and a separate freestanding workroom for doing art or writing or whatever.

Inside there are big, spacious bathrooms with marble or whatever stone and a large bathtub and separate shower. The kitchen goes for miles with a counter big enough to serve a dozen people and there's a walk in pantry. The bedroom is small and cozy, painted red with dark wood trim, and the bed is huge and soft and has a million pillows. Walk in closet, of course. Gotta have a huge library with lots of windows for that natural light and plenty of chairs and couches and comfortable sitting places. Probably would like a basement for watching movies, TV, playing games, listening to music and that kind of thing.

If I'm being extra luxurious there's a rooftop patio with a telescope so I can stargaze. If I'm extra extra luxurious there are secret rooms and passages behind bookcases and under stairs. I'd love a little book nook that's completely private and closed off from everything.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • If any of you have seen the The Ranch on Netflix, the house of the main characters is what I want essentially. I love the houses people have out in the country. Spacious and fairly modern on the inside but with an old school charm. The only change I would make would be to spruce it up a bit on the outside, get more of that curb appeal.

Years
  • Right now my dream house would probably be fairly small. It wouldn't need a lot of rooms, but I'd like the rooms it does have to not be ridiculously small either. I've gotten used to having a fairly open lounge/kitchen/dining with the bedrooms sucked away down the side of the house which I'd like. I'm also fond of large but low maintenance gardens.

I really like the sleek modern look on the exterior of houses, but I prefer the layout/interior and yard size of your older houses.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I would love a large mansion, with so many rooms enough for one to wander and get lost in, with minimalist-themed interior architecture. Definitely I would dedicate an entire floor area to library and reading spaces, and have a rooftop garden.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    My dream house changes all the time but right now I'd love one in a hot country, it must have a big pool and a big garage, lots of light and windows with wooden floors apart from my gaming room, with a DDR arcade machine, pc's, every console ever made, pool table, air hockey.
    The kitchen would need an alcohol bar and a breakfast bar, I want a fish tank in the floor of my bedroom and a skylight where I can look at the stars, and the bathroom will have a shower with a massive head so it feels like I'm showering under a waterfall! The garage needs to be able to house my 15 theoretical cars, I want a tennis court in the garden, next to my helipad. Pretty art on the walls too :)

Last edited:

Lucid

French-Caribbean style bungalows are quite popular in a lot of the new pricey neighborhoods here, and I think they're super pretty. I like the idea of a lot of natural light and glass doors, a ton of windows. A big, modern kitchen, roomy bathrooms with big tubs, 4 bedrooms and lots of high ceilings. The yard doesn't need to be big, but enough for a sitting area, a hammock and some plants, and garage is a must. An attic for storage would be nice, but homes here don't typically come with them.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I wouldn't care too much about the exterior but Georgian houses look neat. I would prefer it to be on the smaller side so that wherever I am I don't have far to go for anything. I'd also rather not have to hire housekeepers because that's like asking for your stuff to get pinched. As long as I have enough living space for playing VR games I will probably want in future, I'm grand.

Years
  • I'd have to have something pretty modern - granite and stainless steel kitchen, hardwood floors, lots of open spaces, windows, and a wood burning fire-place. (this is a must) Bonus points if it's by a heavy forest or a stream.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd be pretty content with a modern, medium sized family home tbh. I've often tried to think of what my dream home would be like and as long as it has a modern design that doesn't have an excessive amount of rooms for a couple/small family then I'd be happy!

Back